Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Website Discussion - What's Broke, What's Not, and How to Do It

Old 02-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
FyshhTrap
FyshhTrap

huge spinnerbaits

I'm now making 1 1/2oz-2 1/2oz size spinnerbaits for stripers, I"ve heard of using 3/8-1/2oz sizes but only to have them destroyed, that is because of the .035 wire, mine are made on .051gauge quite a bit heavier. On fishing the upper Hudson river area, Albany ,N.Y. click on my members pics albums, then click on pic for close up and description.

Last edited by FyshhTrap; 02-13-2015 at 04:35 PM..
FyshhTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
beamie

Pics????

I am sure they will be killer. How do you fish them, spinning gear or baitcast? Do they cast a good disance well?

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #3
Raven

always thought this was a good idea
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
FyshhTrap
FyshhTrap

type in my name and click on my pics albums. click on pic for enlarge view and description, These are huge so I"ll be using a 11' 2piece Tsunami spinning rod with 25lb test. these lures are so massive you need a long rod to maneuver them and line to steady them. I've tried some of the Dacron type stuff, but I'm a little hesitant with retrieve presentation. A thicker line dia. holds the lure steadier. I don't know maybe too picky, the longer rod give much better maneuverability for steering these lures.These aren't for surf casting,or they could be ,but more for river fishing,much like casting jigs, On line they cost as much as 16-18$ a piece that's before shipping cost, so your talking about a 20$ lure, you want to know where your fishing as far as structure goes. Northland tackle makes some real nice ones, mine aren't as pretty, but they catch fish BIG FISH!

Last edited by FyshhTrap; 02-13-2015 at 04:19 PM..
Old 02-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
FyshhTrap
FyshhTrap

got the pics of my spinnerbaits, type my name an go to my members pics albums to see , click on the pics for close up and description