Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-03-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

The BS Pipeline

It’s non stop

Here is CNN: https://www.cnn.com/

Here is Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/

CNN chooses the story where armed right wingers are featured. They have links to “charges against officers aren’t enough”, “police are abusing people” and their typical anti-trump firehose

Fox repeatedly refers solely to all of this as riots and looting. Sole reference to the word “protest” is in the link to the story about how protestors tried to prevent a child from being rescued

Wake. Up.
You’re being used as a pawn. And it’s getting harder and harder to recognize it. You need the people around you to help recognize your own unconscious bias, take a moment and imagine that the person you think is a s%#tstick on this forum might actually be right, even if just a little bit. You might be surprised at what kind of doors it opens.

At least they both have the decency to encrypt the session you use to read their crap.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #2
wdmso

this is why i start my news day with the BBC world service then bounce around to see whats being covered or Not .. Most conservatives think anyone who doesn't agree with them must be watching MSNBC the Fox equivalent . as their only source of news ... and any link from any other actual news source other than fox is labeled as Fake News ..

Rational people can not make inroads with people who's Ideas of the world are boxed off from the reality around them.. and validlated by Trump for a vote Lie or truth whatever works thats his motto
Old 06-04-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
Nebe

I get my news from The Onion.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #4
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this is why i start my news day with the BBC world service then bounce around to see whats being covered or Not .. Most conservatives think anyone who doesn't agree with them must be watching MSNBC the Fox equivalent . as their only source of news ... and any link from any other actual news source other than fox is labeled as Fake News ..

Rational people can not make inroads with people who's Ideas of the world are boxed off from the reality around them.. and validlated by Trump for a vote Lie or truth whatever works thats his motto
I feel like ever since Trump took over CNN has become the Fox equivalent, and intentionally at that.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:46 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I get my news from The Onion.
Consistent with the rest

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-05-2020, 04:05 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I feel like ever since Trump took over CNN has become the Fox equivalent, and intentionally at that.
I agree But Trump has no issues providing an endless stream BS over a Fox they just made #^&#^&#^&#^& up about the last POTUS and do the same with this one , for the same viewers
Old 06-05-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
It’s non stop

Here is CNN: https://www.cnn.com/

Here is Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/

CNN chooses the story where armed right wingers are featured. They have links to “charges against officers aren’t enough”, “police are abusing people” and their typical anti-trump firehose

Fox repeatedly refers solely to all of this as riots and looting. Sole reference to the word “protest” is in the link to the story about how protestors tried to prevent a child from being rescued

Wake. Up.
You’re being used as a pawn. And it’s getting harder and harder to recognize it. You need the people around you to help recognize your own unconscious bias, take a moment and imagine that the person you think is a s%#tstick on this forum might actually be right, even if just a little bit. You might be surprised at what kind of doors it opens.
True.

Quote:
At least they both have the decency to encrypt the session you use to read their crap.

Is this a dig at not running a cert here with no SSL enabled?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-05-2020, 07:47 PM   #8
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
True.

Is this a dig at not running a cert here with no SSL enabled?
Lol, I’m sorry, I didn’t even think about that/notice it/check it when I wrote this. It was intended to represent the only thing they seem to have in common is security. I promise I wouldn’t go that low on you given all you do to connect us as a community. That’d be some harsh s$&t right there.

That being said, if you’d ever like some help getting that set up, I’d be happy to see if my assistance makes some kind of difference. Now that you’ve brought it up I’m just staring at the triangle in my Chrome browser address bar

Old 06-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #9
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Lol, I’m sorry, I didn’t even think about that/notice it/check it when I wrote this. It was intended to represent the only thing they seem to have in common is security. I promise I wouldn’t go that low on you given all you do to connect us as a community. That’d be some harsh s$&t right there.

That being said, if you’d ever like some help getting that set up, I’d be happy to see if my assistance makes some kind of difference. Now that you’ve brought it up I’m just staring at the triangle in my Chrome browser address bar

Hahaha. I have a new server to migrate to, new forum software, and will put on a cert ; ) .

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #10
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Hahaha. I have a new server to migrate to, new forum software, and will put on a cert ; ) .
Deal

Old 06-06-2020, 06:46 AM   #11
scottw

tough day for the leftist insurrection yesterday....every time they get rolling down hill to destroy America they hit a big speed bump and America pushes pack....great job numbers....stock market liked it...parts of America suffering democrat dictatorship continue to destroy themselves...can't wait till they demand bailouts guess the left is gonna have to work even harder to destroy the economy and turn supporters against the president

In a development that is sure to baffle the mainstream media and liberal elites, President Donald Trump appears to have gained an unprecedented approval rating among black voters of 41% including 25% who “strongly support” Trump.

Old 06-06-2020, 06:55 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Oops

When the U.S. government’s official jobs report for May came out on Friday, it included a note at the bottom saying there had been a major “error” indicating that the unemployment rate likely should be higher than the widely reported 13.3 percent rate.
The special note said that if this “misclassification error” had not occurred, the “overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” meaning the unemployment rate would be about 16.3 percent for May.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that puts out the monthly jobs reports, said it was working to fix the problem.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:07 AM   #13
spence

They never read past the headlines 😂
Old 06-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
tough day for the leftist insurrection yesterday....every time they get rolling down hill to destroy America they hit a big speed bump and America pushes pack....great job numbers....stock market liked it...parts of America suffering democrat dictatorship continue to destroy themselves...can't wait till they demand bailouts guess the left is gonna have to work even harder to destroy the economy and turn supporters against the president

In a development that is sure to baffle the mainstream media and liberal elites, President Donald Trump appears to have gained an unprecedented approval rating among black voters of 41% including 25% who “strongly support” Trump.

Here we ago again with the numbers are suddenly real , and of course when people go back to work the numbers come down ... not sure how that's a surprise

And Trump should have mentioned Bezos howmany people has amazon hired
Old 06-06-2020, 07:14 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Oops

When the U.S. government’s official jobs report for May came out on Friday, it included a note at the bottom saying there had been a major “error” indicating that the unemployment rate likely should be higher than the widely reported 13.3 percent rate.
The special note said that if this “misclassification error” had not occurred, the “overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” meaning the unemployment rate would be about 16.3 percent for May.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that puts out the monthly jobs reports, said it was working to fix the problem.
much better than predicted...we'll take it in these trying times...you can keep hoping for economic ruin
Old 06-06-2020, 07:20 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:

Here we ago again with the numbers

:
numbers are fun aren't they?

you should watch that video till the end...
Old 06-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
much better than predicted...we'll take it in these trying times...you can keep hoping for economic ruin
You equate Tweety with the economy, he’s failing on every side.
Though he has successfully built a wall, around the White House.

Don’t forget Tweety refused to release the economic forecast for the next quarter, much like he didn’t release the DNI’s report on National Security.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #18
Sea Dangles

Hasn’t there been a wall around the WhiteHouse for a while BSB?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
You equate Tweety with the economy, he’s failing on every side.
???????????
Old 06-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

You equate Tweety with the economy

nope....I said "and America pushes pack"
Old 06-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #21
detbuch

Quote:

Powerful video. Not even very long. Wrong narrative though. It's not about rubber bullets and tear gas. And not about Trump "failing on all sides." And not pointing out that it's Trump that is dividing us all.

Didn't we have all this kind of nonsense that's going on now repeated several times before Trump came along? Somehow he's the reason for it?

Nah, they won't like the video, won't watch it, say it's no big deal. Just one black man . . . the usual head in the sand denial that puts a dent in their get-Trump-at-all-costs mentality. Integrity, which they claim as their core, and which they claim Trump has none, only counts if it helps you to win, even if you're victory is based on lies.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #22
spence

Why protest over one person? This guy is clueless.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

This guy is clueless.

sounds racist to me....
Old 06-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #24
wdmso

Conservatives do love their needle in a haystack stories .. they love finding that one doctor or scientist, or in this case a person of color . who see the world as they do as evidence as all other people of color are wrong and haven't experienced what they say they've experienced...

Whites are using Candace Owen's views for the same benefit

Trump shares Candace Owens interview saying ‘George Floyd was not a good person’

Your goodness you race your religion or where you live should not be used to quantify or justify being killed by law enforcement or by anyone for that matter

World wars have started and governments overthrown because those at the top or the elites look down on their fellow citizens from their ivory towers ... over issues such as this. And These protest have gone global ,, must be Antifa
Old 06-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #25
spence

There are tens of thousands of Antifa marching on DC right now.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #26
detbuch

Told ya, Scott . . . they got no clue what was really in the video (or, if they watched it, would rather not discuss it). wdmso with his usual "needle in a hastack" nonsense and Spence with his slicker put down--amazing how the "queen of context," as JohnR once characterized him, pulls a tiny portion out of its meaningful context, totally gutting Tatum's point. But that's how the left operates--marginalize, ridicule, slant and lie.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #27
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
There are tens of thousands of Antifa marching on DC right now.
Hope they don’t catch anything and kill their grandparents
Old 06-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

Candace Owens
She is SOOO HOT! I’d give up AOC for her

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 06-06-2020 at 03:08 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 03:12 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Told ya, Scott . . . they got no clue what was really in the video (or, if they watched it, would rather not discuss it). wdmso with his usual "needle in a hastack" nonsense and Spence with his slicker put down--amazing how the "queen of context," as JohnR once characterized him, pulls a tiny portion out of its meaningful context, totally gutting Tatum's point. But that's how the left operates--marginalize, ridicule, slant and lie.
No, just wanted to irritate.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Watched the whole thing as for nonsense thats all coming from you .. whats there to discuss? You posted that to renforce your narrative of see heres a responsible black person . End of topic seen the same tactics all over facebook to include his past crimes used to minimize his killing or whats 1 less thug off the street

I read this some place

If the aftermath of floyds death upsets you more than his death and how he died. thats the bigger problem