Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Rod Building

Rod Building So, you've landed a nice fish on a plug you made, eh? Now, the next step, building your own RODS!

Old 04-19-2004, 08:05 AM   #1
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
Mid Rod Guide

I popped a mid rod guide last fall on a large blue shark. Rod is a 50 lb class. Anyone know any websites that might show a procedure with pictures on how to replace the guide?
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
Bawana

Since you have no other takers ----You might be better off taking it somewhere to have it done but if you want to learn how gudebrod used to and I think its still available has a small phamplet on this and other basic stuff.I say Id do it for ya but I have know idea where you are.I only do this as a hobby but its kind of a fanatical one.I would have no problem showing you how if you are close to the south shore in mass or want to travel.What kind of guide does it need and how complicated is the wrap it was done with.If this is a cheaper factory blank they sometimes paint the trim bands on it and doing one guide with thread only will work but it will look different.
Bawana is offline   Reply With Quote