Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #1
rphud
GrandBob

Today's news language

Not to be political (because this is not), but most nights I find I have to turn off the news due to the language used by the talking heads. Seems like the selection of the wording used is nothing but fear promoting at all levels. If you remember the conversation around "micro aggression" and apply that to today's news it is nothing short of amazing.

I want to know what's going on, but after about 5 to 10 minutes seems like information is scarce and the emotional jabber just keeps on and I sign off. Can't read CNN on the web either.

On the fishing side of things, is there anywhere you can fish these days? Seems like everything is closed except ISBP 5 to 8.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #2
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

Time for commando fishing missions like the old days...park truck, ride bike, bypass gates use small boat to access, no noise, no lights...did i say that out loud?

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #3
rphud
GrandBob

I think you may be on to something there Don. Bike may need a tune up in that case.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I was shocked to hear a near keeper was caught today in a salt pond near me, one I always suspected might have winter holdovers, might have to look at where I might launch a kayak, since it’s right around the corner.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #5
Clammer

on A facebook site .a guy posted a real short video of a Tautog bouncing in the rocks that he caught April 1st .

I don,t think I ever got one that early /// flatfish ,tom cod, white perch & a few holdovers .. But two of those are history for me …….I know a where T/C are but havn,t gone after them

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:25 PM   #6
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
Not to be political (because this is not), but most nights I find I have to turn off the news due to the language used by the talking heads. Seems like the selection of the wording used is nothing but fear promoting at all levels. If you remember the conversation around "micro aggression" and apply that to today's news it is nothing short of amazing.

I want to know what's going on, but after about 5 to 10 minutes seems like information is scarce and the emotional jabber just keeps on and I sign off. Can't read CNN on the web either.
Muir is the worst,,, his demeanor sucks... IMO
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:17 AM   #7
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I was shocked to hear a near keeper was caught today in a salt pond near me, one I always suspected might have winter holdovers, might have to look at where I might launch a kayak, since it’s right around the corner.
Years ago we use to fish one of the salt ponds in SoCo all winter. I took a 17# fish one January and my good friend took a 38# fish in Feb one year. They have held over for years as there is a ton of bait.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote