Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’re defending the incompetent occupant while the White House Press Office is on ratings???? They’re #^&#^&#^&#^&ing bragging about their ratings???? 158,000 Americans are dead, millions & millions of Americans can’t make rent or mortgage, and all team Tweety can do is brag about their #^&#^&#^&#^&ing TV ratings???? #^&#^&#^&#^& the Stable Genius and his lemmings
Yeah, that's it Pete, rant loud and clear about how that's all they're doing. Nope, they're not doing anything else except brag about their ratings. How dare they do that and NOTHING else. They should have the decency to bend over and let you and the Trump haters do nothing more about the 158 thou than ream them anew day after day. Then THAT would really be doing the right and constructive thing.

Keep up this really good work!
Old 08-04-2020, 06:14 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Deflect this
New York prosecutor seeking President Trump's tax returns cites reports of 'protracted criminal conduct' at the Trump Organization.
Tweety is in deep trouble with the Manhattan DA Grand Jury investigation. “Protracted criminal conduct.” Tax fraud, Bank fraud. No William Barr & no pardons. This is moving bigger and faster than the Tweety legal team’s stall strategy can hold off.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-04-2020, 06:57 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

The Biggest Trump Financial Mystery? Where He Came Up With the Cash for His Scottish Resorts

Donald Trump dumped $400 million into his clubs in Aberdeen and Turnberry. Now, lawmakers in Edinburgh want to investigate him for money laundering.
Just more Trump haters?
Old 08-04-2020, 07:18 AM   #34
wdmso

Donald Trump: US Treasury should get cut of TikTok deal

More concerned over tik tok. TUMPS all china or mail in ballots equal fraud .. hes got pence towing the same line on the Ingram angle . SHE made the claim red states are handling it better than blue states because they haven't SEEN as many die as in new york or NJ and pence agreed. Sad thats thier matrix to measure success

And Covid 19. Is only a Threat to his reelection .yet no big ideas from him to fix it.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:26 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

We really can't expect a malignant narcissist to provide any assistance to anyone other than themselves.

By the way, John Lewis did not attend George Bush's inauguration. Bush was there to eulogize Lewis.

This interview is not a SNL satire, though it certainly sounds like one.
I guess we just don't understand Tweety's critical thinking, I'm confident Detbuch will explain.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #36
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This high level of discourse is unassailable. My better angels tell me to bow out and heed The Dad Fisherman's advice--""If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."

It would be idiotic to try having a discussion with you idiots.
Good stuff and we can only hope you bow out, because I’d agree with you, in that it would be crazy to have a discussion with you. It matters little whether anyone argues Trumps actions on Russia, Middle East, racism, Trump family profiting on our tax dollars and the list goes on and on; you ALWAYS without exception state our positions are wrong. So you are NOT here not to reasonably debate, you are here to pontificate and listen to yourself, you are so like Trump it’s scary. Like Trump you can’t ever be wrong and your spin is always right, it must be so nice to always be right. People must come from far and wide to get your opinion on world events, politics and I’m sure any other relevant topic.

I suggest you troll up a new political board where members have not gotten wise to your crap. Pete has gotten wise, but not smart, because he continues to attempt to debate you. I stopped a long time back, now I just like to wind you up on occasion so Pete has something to do.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #37
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Good stuff and we can only hope you bow out, because I’d agree with you, in that it would be crazy to have a discussion with you. It matters little whether anyone argues Trumps actions on Russia, Middle East, racism, Trump family profiting on our tax dollars and the list goes on and on; you ALWAYS without exception state our positions are wrong. So you are NOT here not to reasonably debate, you are here to pontificate and listen to yourself, you are so like Trump it’s scary. Like Trump you can’t ever be wrong and your spin is always right, it must be so nice to always be right. People must come from far and wide to get your opinion on world events, politics and I’m sure any other relevant topic.

I suggest you troll up a new political board where members have not gotten wise to your crap. Pete has gotten wise, but not smart, because he continues to attempt to debate you. I stopped a long time back, now I just like to wind you up on occasion so Pete has something to do.
And you come here to right all the wrongs. Even if it means shape shifting into a 🐀 and attempting to belittle a respected member who only uses the fishing board to discuss fishing. The first responders must be proud of your sad commentary.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oooooh OMG I won't be able to sleep tonight, someone I have zero respect for, someone who launches the most vile attacks on anyone he likes for amusement, isn't happy with my post. I suggest you look in the mirror; all the flies you see are buzzing around a big POS, put a hook in it, probably good shark bait.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:08 AM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
Oooooh OMG I won't be able to sleep tonight, someone I have zero respect for, someone who launches the most vile attacks on anyone he likes for amusement, isn't happy with my post. I suggest you look in the mirror; all the flies you see are buzzing around a big POS, put a hook in it, probably good shark bait.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #40
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
And you come here to right all the wrongs. Even if it means shape shifting into a 🐀 and attempting to belittle a respected member who only uses the fishing board to discuss fishing. The first responders must be proud of your sad commentary.

Nobody is proud of that Axios interview, Chris.

89 days.

Lookin Good, Donny J!

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
As always, you are absolutely right and I am absolutely wrong.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:39 AM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
We really can't expect a malignant narcissist to provide any assistance to anyone other than themselves.

By the way, John Lewis did not attend George Bush's inauguration. Bush was there to eulogize Lewis.

This interview is not a SNL satire, though it certainly sounds like one.
I guess we just don't understand Tweety's critical thinking, I'm confident Detbuch will explain.

You're right. It was like a SNL interview. After I got the gist of someone trying to interview Trump as if he was a glib intellectual politician instead of the verbal mumbler that he is, I started laughing through the rest of the interview. I got a kick out of the Axios guy getting frustrated when Trump carried on about what he accomplished well beyond the intent of the question and trying to stop Trump's ramblings by saying he got it, he got it, he understood that Trump did a lot of good things (as if that would stop Trump from pointing out the good things) but somehow could Trump answer the questions.

No way was Trump going to fall into a trap of giving a bad answer, but, like normal politicians which he has either learned to be or was all along, deflected to his version of answering, which politicians, as you know, always do when being cornered with what they consider gotcha questions. One reason we don't like politicians is precisely because they so often don't give direct or even reasonable answers, but ramble on as if they are.

Even though I actually laughed at a lot of the q's and a's, I was miffed at Trump because his style, and ego are annoying. But nothing happened or was revealed in the interview to make me want to vote for Biden.

As I've said, over and over, its not About Trump or Biden for me. There is something far, far, more important than either one, something we are not discussing. And any deflection Trump makes in answering suggestive policy questions, pales to the grand deflection of making this election about him rather than the type of government that we will have depending on which party is in power.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #43
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The only thing you prove is that you respect nobody. I certainly expect the endorsement from your slender pal. Maybe it’s time for you to drive around and report drivers who are not wearing seatbelts.
🐀🐀🐀

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Nobody is proud of that Axios interview, Chris.

89 days.

Lookin Good, Donny J!
It does give your life purpose.
So there is that👍🏿

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You're right. It was like a SNL interview. After I got the gist of someone trying to interview Trump as if he was a glib intellectual politician instead of the verbal mumbler that he is, I started laughing through the rest of the interview. I got a kick out of the Axios guy getting frustrated when Trump carried on about what he accomplished well beyond the intent of the question and trying to stop Trump's ramblings by saying he got it, he got it, he understood that Trump did a lot of good things (as if that would stop Trump from pointing out the good things) but somehow could Trump answer the questions.

No way was Trump going to fall into a trap of giving a bad answer, but, like normal politicians which he has either learned to be or was all along, deflected to his version of answering, which politicians, as you know, always do when being cornered with what they consider gotcha questions. One reason we don't like politicians is precisely because they so often don't give direct or even reasonable answers, but ramble on as if they are.

Even though I actually laughed at a lot of the q's and a's, I was miffed at Trump because his style, and ego are annoying. But nothing happened or was revealed in the interview to make me want to vote for Biden.

As I've said, over and over, its not About Trump or Biden for me. There is something far, far, more important than either one, something we are not discussing. And any deflection Trump makes in answering suggestive policy questions, pales to the grand deflection of making this election about him rather than the type of government that we will have depending on which party is in power.
If you find that interview comical, I doubt your ability to think critically. Tweety is incapable of interpreting information that contradicts his preconceived opinion.
That excellent interview is evidence that even basic follow-up questioning - like asking wait, hold on, what are you even talking about - immediately exposes Tweety's lies. And yet it has almost never happened with any other interviewer.

I'd love to see Chris Wallace and Jonathon Swan run the Presidential debates.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #46
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
The only thing you prove is that you respect nobody. I certainly expect the endorsement from your slender pal. Maybe it’s time for you to drive around and report drivers who are not wearing seatbelts.
🐀🐀🐀
I can disagree with most on this board, but still respect them as individuals and decent human beings, you sir I have no respect for as it’s earned by actions and how you treat others. You don’t respect anyone who disagrees with you tunnel vision and so they are apparently deserving of your BS, your constantly acting like a spoiled teenager. Just a spoiled kept man acting like a spoiled teenager, it’s actually sad that a man who gets all he wants still feels he needs to spread vile mean insults around for fun.

Scott takes it a bit too far at times and Jim on occasion and I find Detbutch amusing, you are just a POS and deserve no respect.
Old 08-04-2020, 02:02 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
I can disagree with most on this board, but still respect them as individuals and decent human beings, you sir I have no respect for as it’s earned by actions and how you treat others. You don’t respect anyone who disagrees with you tunnel vision and so they are apparently deserving of your BS, your constantly acting like a spoiled teenager. Just a spoiled kept man acting like a spoiled teenager, it’s actually sad that a man who gets all he wants still feels he needs to spread vile mean insults around for fun.

Scott takes it a bit too far at times and Jim on occasion and I find Detbutch amusing, you are just a POS and deserve no respect.
You, of course, as always, are right. The rest of us amusing, extremist, POS, are wrong. You really nailed it in this post. You unquestionably demonstrated your accurate and righteous critical thinking. Your examples and documentation are impeccable. Even if they seem to be lacking, they assuredly are lingering in the unstated background marking us ignorant minions for what we are.

Well done!!
Old 08-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You, of course, as always, are right. The rest of us amusing, extremist, POS, are wrong. You really nailed it in this post. You unquestionably demonstrated your accurate and righteous critical thinking. Your examples and documentation are impeccable. Even if they seem to be lacking, they assuredly are lingering in the unstated background marking us ignorant minions for what we are.

Well done!!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #49
RickBomba

Quote:
It does give your life purpose.
So there is that👍🏿
I know. My life has an awesome purpose right now.

I will admit, if I had a Boss Woman who might by me a Hinckley, I might be a little more civilized.

#KarensLifeMattersTooRight

Old 08-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
If you find that interview comical, I doubt your ability to think critically.

Yes, well, as you know, you think better and more critically than I. That shows, as you point out, in that I find comical this interview that you say sounded like a SNL interview

Tweety is incapable of interpreting information that contradicts his preconceived opinion.

Yes, we all know that, or should, because you so boldy and convincingly say so.

That excellent interview is evidence that even basic follow-up questioning - like asking wait, hold on, what are you even talking about - immediately exposes Tweety's lies.

I didn't notice which lies were exposed, but that, no doubt, is due to my lack of critical thinking. I suppose it also can be blamed on Trump constantly responding with the nonsense that he believes.

And yet it has almost never happened with any other interviewer.

Having almost never missed all the other interviews, I can surely attest that what you say never happened, never happened.
Well done, and doubly more so!

I'd love to see Chris Wallace and Jonathon Swan run the Presidential debates.
Yes, Biden would shine. But, I don't care. Being stuck on the stupid notion that it is about Trump or Biden, and another stupid debate, lacks, admittedly, for my critically deficient brain, the understanding of how their character is more important than the actual policies and form of government we will inherit depending on who wins.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yes, Biden would shine. But, I don't care. Being stuck on the stupid notion that it is about Trump or Biden, and another stupid debate, lacks, admittedly, for my critically deficient brain, the understanding of how their character is more important than the actual policies and form of government we will inherit depending on who wins.
Obviously you care little about helping others, they can sink, swim or die by the side of the road as long as there’s no burden on you and your political dreams are realized.

Hopefully if there was ever a time when Republicans, especially people of faith can be moved, it’s now. This is about doing the right thing for our country and that goes back to embracing principles, such as loving and caring for each other.
Pretty basic human values, the common thread for all successful societies.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-04-2020, 03:35 PM   #52
RickBomba

Quote:
Here comes the blue.

At least it’s not as offensive as trophy wives that buy us boats to keep us at home, but I digress.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Mr. President, the other day, a reporter asked you about Ghislaine Maxwell. You said, “I just wish her well, frankly. I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach, but I wish her well, whatever it is.” Mr. President, Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested on allegations of child sex trafficking. Why would you wish such a person well?

President Donald J. Trump: (25:59)
Well, first of all, I don’t know that, but I do know this-

Jonathan Swan: (26:01)
She has. She’s been arrested for that. You know that.

President Donald J. Trump: (26:02)
Her friend or boyfriend-

Jonathan Swan: (26:04)
Epstein.

President Donald J. Trump: (26:05)
Was either killed or committed suicide in jail. She’s now in jail. Yeah, I wish you well, I’d wish you well, I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty. I mean, you do know that she [crosstalk 00:26:17]

Jonathan Swan: (26:17)
Oh. So you’re saying you hope she doesn’t die in jail? Is that what you mean by wish her well?

President Donald J. Trump: (26:20)
Well, her boyfriend died in jail and people are still trying to figure out how did it happened? Was it suicide? Was he killed? And I do wish her well. I’m not looking for anything bad for her. I’m not looking bad for anybody. And they took that and made it such a big deal-

Jonathan Swan: (26:32)
I mean, she’s a alleged child sex trafficker.

President Donald J. Trump: (26:35)
But all it is is her boyfriend died. He died in jail. Was he killed? Was it suicide? I do, I wish her well.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #54
detbuch

John Yoo says that Trump Doesn't have to be a good man or a bad man. He just has to pursue his political self interest . . . and only by doing that he is performing his constitutional role.

I am confident that PeteF will explain John Yoo's lack of critical thinking.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #55
wdmso

You mean this john yoo

John Choon Yoo is a Korean American attorney and former government official best known for authoring the so-called Torture Memos, which provided a legal rationale for the torture of detainees during the War on Terror.

His views are of what's right and wrong for our nation seem backwards
Old 08-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You mean this john yoo

John Choon Yoo is a Korean American attorney and former government official best known for authoring the so-called Torture Memos, which provided a legal rationale for the torture of detainees during the War on Terror.

His views are of what's right and wrong for our nation seem backwards
I mean this John Yoo:

Professor Yoo is the Emanuel Heller Professor of Law and director of the Korea Law Center, the California Constitution Center, and the Law School’s Program in Public Law and Policy. His most recent book is Defender in Chief: Donald Trump’s Fight for Presidential Power (St. Martin’s 2020). Professor Yoo is a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution.

Professor Yoo received his B.A., summa cum laude, in American history from Harvard University. Between college and law school, he worked as a newspaper reporter in Washington, D.C. He received his J.D. from Yale Law School, where he was an articles editor of the Yale Law Journal.

Professor Yoo has clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas of the U.S. Supreme Court and Judge Laurence H. Silberman of the U.S. Court of Appeals of the D.C. Circuit. He served as general counsel of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee from 1995-96. From 2001 to 2003, he served as a deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, where he worked on issues involving foreign affairs, national security and the separation of powers.

He held the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Law at the University of Trento in Italy, and he has also been a visiting professor at Keio Law School in Japan, Seoul National University in Korea, Chapman Law School, the University of Chicago, and the Free University of Amsterdam. Professor Yoo also has received the Paul M. Bator Award for excellence in legal scholarship and teaching from the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy.

Professor Yoo has written several books: The Powers of War and Peace: The Constitution and Foreign Affairs after 9/11 (University of Chicago Press, 2005); War by Other Means: An Insider’s Account of the War on Terror (Grove/Atlantic, 2006); Crisis and Command: The History of Executive Power From George Washington to George W. Bush (Kaplan, 2010); Taming Globalization: International Law, the U.S. Constitution, and the New World Order (Oxford, 2012); Point of Attack: Preventive War, International Law, and Global Welfare (Oxford University Press, 2014); and Striking Power: How Cyber, Robots, and Space Weapons Change the Rules for War (Encounter 2017) (with Jeremy Rabkin). He has also co-edited Confronting Terror: 9/11 and the Future of American National Security (Encounter, 2011) (with Dean Reuter); Current Issues in Korean Law (Robbins Collection, 2014) (with Laurent Mayali); and Liberty’s Nemesis: The Unchecked Expansion of the State (Encounter, 2016) (with Dean Reuter).

Education
A.B., Harvard University (1989)
J.D., Yale University (1992)
Old 08-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #57
wdmso

Quote:
I mean this John Yoo:

Professor Yoo is the Emanuel Heller Professor of Law and director of the Korea Law Center, the California Constitution Center, and the Law School’s Program in Public Law and Policy. His most recent book is Defender in Chief: Donald Trump’s Fight for Presidential Power (St. Martin’s 2020). Professor Yoo is a visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution.

Professor Yoo received his B.A., summa cum laude, in American history from Harvard University. Between college and law school, he worked as a newspaper reporter in Washington, D.C. He received his J.D. from Yale Law School, where he was an articles editor of the Yale Law Journal.

Professor Yoo has clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas of the U.S. Supreme Court and Judge Laurence H. Silberman of the U.S. Court of Appeals of the D.C. Circuit. He served as general counsel of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee from 1995-96. From 2001 to 2003, he served as a deputy assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, where he worked on issues involving foreign affairs, national security and the separation of powers.

He held the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Law at the University of Trento in Italy, and he has also been a visiting professor at Keio Law School in Japan, Seoul National University in Korea, Chapman Law School, the University of Chicago, and the Free University of Amsterdam. Professor Yoo also has received the Paul M. Bator Award for excellence in legal scholarship and teaching from the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy.

Professor Yoo has written several books: The Powers of War and Peace: The Constitution and Foreign Affairs after 9/11 (University of Chicago Press, 2005); War by Other Means: An Insider’s Account of the War on Terror (Grove/Atlantic, 2006); Crisis and Command: The History of Executive Power From George Washington to George W. Bush (Kaplan, 2010); Taming Globalization: International Law, the U.S. Constitution, and the New World Order (Oxford, 2012); Point of Attack: Preventive War, International Law, and Global Welfare (Oxford University Press, 2014); and Striking Power: How Cyber, Robots, and Space Weapons Change the Rules for War (Encounter 2017) (with Jeremy Rabkin). He has also co-edited Confronting Terror: 9/11 and the Future of American National Security (Encounter, 2011) (with Dean Reuter); Current Issues in Korean Law (Robbins Collection, 2014) (with Laurent Mayali); and Liberty’s Nemesis: The Unchecked Expansion of the State (Encounter, 2016) (with Dean Reuter).

Education
A.B., Harvard University (1989)
J.D., Yale University (1992)
And your point? if I remember our last POTUS had impressive credentials wrote several books. But that didn't cause you to sing his praises
Old 08-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And your point? if I remember our last POTUS had impressive credentials wrote several books. But that didn't cause you to sing his praises
What point was I supposed to make? You asked if your Wiki blurb was the John Yoo who I meant. I replied with the John Yoo who I meant.

And the reason I didn't sing Obama's praises is because he was the leader of the then current Progressive administration. I didn't read his books. I didn't know much about him other than what the right and left wing types and media said about him. None of that was of much interest or concern to me. What concerned me was Obama's part in the continued and successful transformation of our governmental system from a constitutional republic to a centralized Progressive regulatory state.

The Yoo interview video I posted was partially a counterpoint to the Axios interview of Trump that Pete posted, but also, and more importantly, it touched on the issues we really should be discussing re this coming election rather than Trump or Biden.

As for Yoo, I don't know much about him. Like Trump and Biden, I don't care about who he is, so long as he's not some kind of criminal or rapist or child molester. Even if he was one of those, he might still actually have valid and useful ideas on politics and government.

The Yoo video discovered for me a clearer articulation of what I suspected was happening via Trump and the Constitution as well as the further danger to the Constitution and our republican form of government as it was founded if the Progressives regained power.

I watched Pete's video and commented on it. I don't know if you watched my video, but you did, as usual, and as expected, comment not on the video and its content, but, instead, attempt a kill the messenger deflection.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:48 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Is this why you ratted on Joe?
Or is it just fun for you to chastise random contributors?
You would get more than a wedgie on a good day even with the first responders.🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-04-2020, 06:49 PM   #60
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
I know. My life has an awesome purpose right now.

I will admit, if I had a Boss Woman who might by me a Hinckley, I might be a little more civilized.

#KarensLifeMattersTooRight
Do you mean buy?
Asking for WDMSO

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN