Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-05-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
Jim in CT

George Floyd bodycam video released

Keith Elison, the liberal zealot prosecuting the cops in MN, had the full video, but said he wasn't going to release it, because it might jeopardize his successful prosecution (I think he's supposed to hope for justice, not convictions?).

God knows no one in the American media cared enough to ask for the full video, they were too busy gleefully fanning the flames of racial tensions in the hopes of swaying the election. Took a British outlet to get it.

I watched the video last night, and its obvious why Elison wouldn't release it, and why the liberal media sure wasn't going to ask for it.

The video certainly does not clear the officers of any and all wrongdoing, there's a chance there's still a crime there. What it does clearly show, is that Floyd was completely out of his mind before the cops arrived, and that he was in serious duress. Also, the video shows exactly zero evidence, literally zero, that race had anything whatsoever to do with this. Floyd had a lot of Fentanyl in his system, which can cause respiratory failure.

I'm old enough to remember when we were told that the Covington kids were a bunch of racists, that the Duke lacrosse players were guilty, that Darren Wilson shot Michael Brown as Brown said "hands up don't shoot.'

The social justice warriors who pushed the narrative that this was a racist assassination and nothing more, are no better than Al Sharpton at his worst.

ANYTHING to push the narrative, regardless of the costs. All those riots, probably for nothing. People murdered, property destroyed, god knows how many people fired.

Maybe we get the facts first?

When Trump called the media the enemy of the people, I was sickened by that. I thought it was a terrible thing to say. Turns out he wasn't that far off.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Elijah McClain

Ahmoud Arbery

Rayshard Brooks

Breonna Taylor

Sandra Bland

Sean Reed

Tamir Rice

Eric Garner

Oscar Grant

Michael Brown

Walter Scott

Freddie Gray

Dante Parker
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Elijah McClain

Ahmoud Arbery

Rayshard Brooks

Breonna Taylor

Sandra Bland

Sean Reed

Tamir Rice

Eric Garner

Oscar Grant

Michael Brown

Walter Scott

Freddie Gray

Dante Parker
pete, if i ever said anything as stupid as “ there is no such thing as police misconduct”, your response
might be pertinent. I didn’t, so it's not.

more blacks were murdered by other blacks in chicago last weekend, than are on your list. but liberals in the media aren’t talking about that, and therefore you don’t care, and its all because that issue ( black on black violence) isn’t a political winner for democrats.

Convince us that i’m wrong.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
scottw

Rayshard Brooks drove around so drunk he's lucky he didn't kill an innocent citizen, assaulted two police officers, took a weapon from one of them and pointed it at him...getting shot was his choice
Old 08-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When Trump called the media the enemy of the people, I was sickened by that. I thought it was a terrible thing to say. Turns out he wasn't that far off.
Jim, it's the leftist trick to say Trump called the media the enemy of the people. He said fake news is the enemy of the people. Deliberately leaving out his word "fake" when supposedly quoting him creates the false (fake) impression that he meant all media or all news or media or news in general.

Language twisting and word redefinition is a prominent feature of propaganda.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Now do Breonna Taylor

Some people still don’t get it.

A white man named Adam Zaborowski who didn't want to wear a mask, sprayed his AK-47 at a bunch of police officers. He was arrested alive and awaits trial.

A black man with a drug problem named George Floyd bought some cigarettes using a fake $20 bill. He had a panic attack or a drug reaction, was dragged around at gunpoint, and had a knee on his neck for 8 min as he begs for his life.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Rayshard Brooks drove around so drunk he's lucky he didn't kill an innocent citizen, assaulted two police officers, took a weapon from one of them and pointed it at him...getting shot was his choice
I didn't know anything about that case. Interesting that he chose to include it.

The Narrative. It's all that matters.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Now do Breonna Taylor

Some people still don’t get it.

A white man named Adam Zaborowski who didn't want to wear a mask, sprayed his AK-47 at a bunch of police officers. He was arrested alive and awaits trial.

A black man with a drug problem named George Floyd bought some cigarettes using a fake $20 bill. He had a panic attack or a drug reaction, was dragged around at gunpoint, and had a knee on his neck for 8 min as he begs for his life.
This is supposed to mean something?
Old 08-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #9
detbuch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 08-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is supposed to mean something?
It's supposed to mean conservative=bad. It doesn't come close to meaning that, but that's what Pete and everyone on the left want this to mean.

It would be nice if seeing the additional bodycam footage, woke people up to the obvious lying and manipulation that happened here. It would be nice if this blew up in the face of the people who did it. We were told this was a case of a race-based lynching, pure and simple. And anyone who dared to question that, was a racist.

Facts matter.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:11 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I missed the rioting here.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #12
wdmso

jim your post ... this is what Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism looks like

The video certainly does not clear the officers of any and all wrongdoing, there's a chance there's still a crime there.( they can still get off )What it does clearly show, is that Floyd was completely out of his mind [/COLOR] (so they were justified in leaning on his neck for 8 min killing him and reason they could get off ) before the cops arrived, and that he was in serious duress. Also, the video shows exactly zero evidence, literally zero, that race had anything whatsoever to do with this.

your last statement is amazing . not sure how you can look at this incident without looking at the how that department conducts policing historically .. like I said this is what Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism looks like
Old 08-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:

The Dallas Morning News obtained body camera footage that was tied up in a legal battle for three years. The videos show Dallas Police responding after Tony Timpa called 911 and told dispatchers he was off his medication and had used cocaine.

Another example Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism looks like

must have been the liberal media not wanting it to be released and because he was white there is no way what happened to floyd could be seen as a racist incident .... dont forget the riot part
Old 08-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
"was dragged around at gunpoint"

So when the police tell someone to get in the back of the police car, and that person says "no" and resists, what are the police supposed to do, if not force the guy where they want him to go?

If he died from Fentanyl (and that's still a big 'if' but a possibility that cannot be eliminated), his death was his fault.

And that still doesn't mean that the cops didn't do anything wrong. But 'dragging him around' is about as misleading as it gets, but typical for you. If he didn't want to be forcibly moved around, he had the chance to willingly get into the police car. He chose not to do so. That's on him.

OBVIOUSLY, had he complied, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Equally obviously, the media coverage here (like with Duke lacrosse, Covington Catholic, Darren Wilson) was spectacularly wrong.

How about the media reports facts? Or at least reasonable opinions? If Hilary had won in 2016, this event would have been covered very differently.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
jim your post ... this is what Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism looks like

The video certainly does not clear the officers of any and all wrongdoing, there's a chance there's still a crime there.( so they were justified in leaning on his neck for 8 min )What it does clearly show, is that Floyd was completely out of his mind [/COLOR] (so they were justified in leaning on his neck for 8 min killing him and reason they could get off ) before the cops arrived, and that he was in serious duress. Also, the video shows exactly zero evidence, literally zero, that race had anything whatsoever to do with this.

your last statement is amazing . not sure how you can look at this incident without looking at the how that department conducts policing historically .. like I said this is what Unconscious Bias and Unintentional Racism looks like
Jim: "The video certainly does not clear the officers of any and all wrongdoing, there's a chance there's still a crime there"

WDMSO: "so they were justified in leaning on his neck for 8 min "

This is where we are in this country. I say they may be guilty of a crime, you claim that I said they were justified. We are deep into the Twilight Zone.

"they could still get off.."

Of course. There hasn't been a trial yet, we don't know much of what we need to know. Of course they could get off. That's how it works. That's how it's supposed to work.

Then you say it's "amazing" that I said there's no evidence of racism. OK. Please tell us, where in that video footage, you see evidence of racism. We are all ears.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-05-2020 at 11:50 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
The Dallas Morning News obtained body camera footage that was tied up in a legal battle for three years. The videos show Dallas Police responding after Tony Timpa called 911 and told dispatchers he was off his medication and had used cocaine.

must have been the liberal media not wanting it to be released and because he was white there is no way what happened to floyd could be seen as a racist incident .... dont forget the riot part
The video shows unintentional racism against people whose first and last name begins with a T. The People Whose Names Begin With a T movement has not yet been started, so awareness of this insidious racism has not yet been given a voice. This may have been the first video recorded incidence of such a racist crime. Investigations need to be made so it doesn't happen again and before it becomes systemic.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:49 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
there is no way what happened to floyd could be seen as a racist incident .... a:
I didn't say that. I said that the video provides zero evidence that racism was involved. If that's wrong, please show us where in the video there's evidence of racism.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I didn't say that. I said that the video provides zero evidence that racism was involved. If that's wrong, please show us where in the video there's evidence of racism.
you can't see it...it's invisible but wayne can detect it with his special glasses
Old 08-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

It’s Unicorn Racism

It only exists in his imagination

Old 08-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
It’s Unicorn Racism

It only exists in his imagination

Innocent people are dead, because of the way this was spun.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

The Democratic convention will feature a tribute to John Lewis. Meanwhile Republican operatives are sneaking around trying to get Kanye West on the ballot to divert a few votes from Joe Biden. I'm afraid this says it all about the two parties' attitudes towards Black Americans.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
The Democratic convention will feature a tribute to John Lewis. Meanwhile Republican operatives are sneaking around trying to get Kanye West on the ballot to divert a few votes from Joe Biden. I'm afraid this says it all about the two parties' attitudes towards Black Americans.
You mean like seeking a black woman as Vice President to siphen a few votes toward the Dems and away from blacks or women who might consider voting for Repubs says it all about the Dems attitudes towards Black Americans and towards women?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #23
RickBomba

Quote:
You mean like seeking a black woman as Vice President to siphen a few votes toward the Dems and away from blacks or women who might consider voting for Repubs says it all about the Dems attitudes towards Black Americans and towards women?
Just like Roger Stone says, “All’s Fair Game in Politics.”

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Just like Roger Stone says, “All’s Fair Game in Politics.”
Yeah, and the Dems and Repubs all agree with Stone there. But Pete seems to think it's only the Repubs.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:

Showing the Tony Timpa video was not saying, unintentionally or otherwise, that what happened to Floyd cannot be seen as a racist incidence. It was explicit evidence that that what happened to Floyd must not necessarily be seen as a racist incidence.

The Floyd video was far more evidence that the police may have committed a crime than that it was a racist act . And that is what they are being accused of and tried for.

The Floyd video shows no evidence of racism other than invoking the inference in some that a white cop killing a black man is, ipso facto, a racist act. It also creates an opportunity for those with larger agendas to vocally and publicly proclaim that inference as fact, and use it to call attention to their grievances. Sometimes, often, intentionally creating far more destruction, mayhem, and loss of life than the incident they claim to be protesting about.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #26
spence

I think you guys are missing the obvious, that many black people believe if the police detain them they're going to die. If you're on something that would just exacerbate the situation. The George Floyd incident was not misreported at all.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well maybe the media should stop filling their heads with that false narrative.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Well maybe the media should stop filling their heads with that false narrative.
Most of the nation disagrees with you.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:13 PM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Most of the nation disagrees with you.
No, they don’t. It’s just that you hear from the loud obnoxious ones all the time.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
No, they don’t. It’s just that you hear from the loud obnoxious ones all the time.
So everybody is stupid. Great. There goes your common sense argument.