Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
weren't you the guy bitching that you couldn't go golfing early on because you knew how to socially distance effectively and golf safely and therefore should not be restricted while others were...probably some of the same mentality
OMG you are really reaching there, times are desperate on that side, I’m not the leader of the free world am I? I’m not the one costing millions of tax dollars on way to many golf outings so I can hobnob with the members and strut my stuff, all while putting money into the Trump family business. But hey since back my game is good, down to a five handicap and swinging with confidence, unlike this poser and clown you think is doing a good job. Trump is a grifter, hustler, deceiver and the biggest fraud this country has ever seen.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:39 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

There is no right or left when it comes to self centered stupid people who couldn’t care less about spreading this, if it cuts into their party and social plans. It’s a sad commentary on this country’s social and moral sensibilities, which is why it has always been so important for better messaging from the top and more national mandates on what everyone needed to do to collectively get this under control.

weren't you the guy bitching that you couldn't go golfing

Quote:
OMG you are really reaching there, times are desperate on that side, I’m not the leader of the free world am I? I’m not the one costing millions of tax dollars on way to many golf outings so I can hobnob with the members and strut my stuff, all while putting money into the Trump family business. But hey since back my game is good, down to a five handicap and swinging with confidence, unlike this poser and clown you think is doing a good job. Trump is a grifter, hustler, deceiver and the biggest fraud this country has ever seen.
you should check yourself for a fever
Old 08-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The outbreaks we are seeing aren't from four golfers teeing off, staying 6 feet apart from tee to the 18th green, but hey I get it; you and SD like to find something to rant about.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
The outbreaks we are seeing aren't from four golfers teeing off, staying 6 feet apart from tee to the 18th green, but hey I get it; you and SD like to find something to rant about.
you don't know that...and that really wasn't the point...but keep trying
Old 08-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

When you post pointless gibberish it’s just hard to see what is spinning in your head.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
When you post pointless gibberish it’s just hard to see what is spinning in your head.
it's ok, you can admit that you were being incredibly self-centered when you thought it was ok for you to golf while others were sacrificing and in some cases dying...it's probably a result of your white privilege and unintentional racism that has caused your thinking and self-importance....get down on one knee and say "stay woke" 30 times and you will be partially forgiven
Old 08-06-2020, 09:42 AM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

boy are you out in left field, someone needs to up their meds.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
which is why it has always been so important for better messaging from the top and more national mandates on what everyone needed to do to collectively get this under control.
I really don't know anybody who hasn't heard the messaging that you want. I don't recall a day when there hasn't been something, in the various media from which the nation gets its messages, about wearing masks and social distancing and how many have died and are dying and getting infected and how serious and dangerous and infectious this virus is.

The "top" is heard through the media. Much of the media says the "top" is stupid and incompetent so I don't know why anybody would believe what the "top" says. Why would you follow what the "top" says. You think the "top" is an idiot, crazy, and out to destroy us.

I don't think you would want an idiot to mandate anything. And the "top" is not constitutionally empowered to mandate how we act. And the notion that we are lemmings who do whatever Trump, or any President, tells us is an insult. It is un-American. We are independent, free-thinking, individuals. This is not a dictatorship.

And, anyway, Trump, is "messaging" the preferred correct way more precisely and consistently than before, especially than in the early stages when the media, the medical experts, and the politicians were all sending out mixed messages. When I hear someone doubting the need for masks, etc., they don't say it's because of what Trump says or doesn't say, but because of conflicting medical expert reports they cite which casts the doubts.

And the "top" which actually has the power to mandate various things we do is at the state level. Which is what has been happening, for good or for ill, very early on.

But I understand the need to constantly say or imply in whatever way possible that it's Trump's fault, even to the point that his supposed messaging is the problem.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
boy are you out in left field, someone needs to up their meds.
you are a little slow on the uptake aren't you?
Old 08-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

I really don't know anybody who hasn't heard the messaging that you want. I don't recall a day when there hasn't been something, in the various media from which the nation gets its messages, about wearing masks and social distancing and how many have died and are dying and getting infected and how serious and dangerous and infectious this virus is.

shhhh....it's practically a secret
Old 08-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

The "top" is heard through the media. Much of the media says the "top" is stupid and incompetent so I don't know why anybody would believe what the "top" says. Why would you follow what the "top" says. You think the "top" is an idiot, crazy, and out to destroy us.

I don't think you would want an idiot to mandate anything. And the "top" is not constitutionally empowered to mandate how we act. And the notion that we are lemmings who do whatever Trump, or any President, tells us is an insult. It is un-American. We are independent, free-thinking, individuals. This is not a dictatorship.

And, anyway, Trump, is "messaging" the preferred correct way more precisely and consistently than before, especially than in the early stages when the media, the medical experts, and the politicians were all sending out mixed messages. When I hear someone doubting the need for masks, etc., they don't say it's because of what Trump says or doesn't say, but because of conflicting medical expert reports they cite which casts the doubts.

And the "top" which actually has the power to mandate various things we do is at the state level. Which is what has been happening, for good or for ill, very early on.

But I understand the need to constantly say or imply in whatever way possible that it's Trump's fault, even to the point that his supposed messaging is the problem.
You claim that everything Covid-related is about hurting Tweety, yet you don't understand that your argument underscores Tweety's incompetence.

If Tweety managed Covid competently, the outbreak would either have had no effect on election, or dramatically improved his chances.
Just like for politicians in the rest of the world.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You claim that everything Covid-related is about hurting Tweety, yet you don't understand that your argument underscores Tweety's incompetence.

If Tweety managed Covid competently, the outbreak would either have had no effect on election, or dramatically improved his chances.
Just like for politicians in the rest of the world.
I'm sorry, I didn't get the memo that Trump is supposed to manage Covid.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:09 PM   #43
scottw

Quote:
161 thousand deaths...89 thousand of those in a few democrat states now lecturing everyone about managing covid
Old 08-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Why would anyone think a reality TV star is a capable leader of people.

Tweety's leadership qualities have been at best deadly to Americans.

America is (supposed to be) the greatest country on science and resources. This is why in the midst of international catastrophes, the USA usually takes leadership role, earning global admiration.

Tweety cut off the world and did nothing to help with a global response. The result was, that countries that expected a global response were left on their own to figure it out, as efforts to coordinate with the WHO took time to have a reorganized method of response. As a result, global anger at USA, and embarrassment for its people and NOT ONLY did Tweety fail to assume the traditional USA role, he actively worked to harm other nations because of his incompetence. He announced cutting funding to WHO, shrinking US influence there, he refused to join global vaccine effort, he worked to bribe and steal resources ordered by our allies, because we had failed to prepare.
If Tweety had simply shown the competence of Trudeau in Canada - who hasn't done an amazing job, but at least stopped catastrophic outcome - this would have been a nothing on the election, no one blames Tweety for there being a virus (blame is not important), they are terrified that his lack of coordinated effort or even a national plan displayed an incompetence that made it clear he was in no way capable of managing the presidency.
Tweety could have used his bully pulpit to encourage the best of Americans. He could have laid out the science of why masks work, why social distancing works, and told Americans - just like in WW2 - they had to unify with a single mindset in the homeland to defeat the enemy. And Fox would have said the exact opposite of what it does now, and praised the president for showing leadership. Then this whole "anti mask" crap would not be happening.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
161 thousand deaths...89 thousand of those in a few democrat states now lecturing everyone about managing covid
Don't worry, the rest are rapidly catching up.
We are the only affluent nation to have suffered a severe, sustained outbreak for more than four months.
The end is not in sight and won't come without a comprehensive plan to contain it, or until we have a viable vaccine along with supply and distribution.
If you think a vaccine is the panacea, where is the vaccine for Aids or the common cold.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tweety could have used his bully pulpit to encourage the best of Americans. .
Right. And you and the media would have bought into that.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why would anyone think a reality TV star is a capable leader of people.

Who would have thought he'd have the economy roaring, and the jihadists on their knees?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

What awful president allowed this American carnage to happen?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
The liberal governors and mayors are siding with the rioters, and telling feds not to come. But NONE of that is their fault. That's what you're saying?

Tell me one major issue, just one, on which you think democrats are 100% wrong, and republicans are right? Anything? Or are you just a parrot who questions nothing from the left and denies everything from the right?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
You also dodged my question. Completely.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #52
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The liberal governors and mayors are siding with the rioters, and telling feds not to come. But NONE of that is their fault. That's what you're saying?

Tell me one major issue, just one, on which you think democrats are 100% wrong, and republicans are right? Anything? Or are you just a parrot who questions nothing from the left and denies everything from the right?
Most Republicrats have been 100 % wrong on their opinions about masks.

That was pretty easy.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 01:24 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Most Republicrats have been 100 % wrong on their opinions about masks.

That was pretty easy.
while most who oppose masks are republican, is it most republicans? i don’t know. i can’t imagine opposing masks. not sure what you were responding to.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:25 PM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
which candidate enjoys more support within his party?
Old 08-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Tired of winning yet?

Americans favor Democrats to Republicans by double digits. Republicans suffered over a 10% decrease falling from 44% to 39% just since May.

Tweety's Republican Party = Fail.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/315734/...fKcnIQtMeyv92E

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #57
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
while most who oppose masks are republican, is it most republicans? i don’t know. i can’t imagine opposing masks. not sure what you were responding to.
Could be THE most influential republican only just recently started wearing or even suggesting they were important, but Detbuch I’m sure will advise us all why the messaging from the top has been perfect like THE phone call. Spinning heads
Old 08-06-2020, 02:01 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Could be THE most influential republican only just recently started wearing or even suggesting they were important, but Detbuch I’m sure will advise us all why the messaging from the top has been perfect like THE phone call. Spinning heads
i don’t think he’s the most influential
in terms of what people
think. not even close.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tired of winning yet?

Americans favor Democrats to Republicans by double digits. Republicans suffered over a 10% decrease falling from 44% to 39% just since May.

Tweety's Republican Party = Fail.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/315734/...fKcnIQtMeyv92E

and what did gallup say in election day 2016? rasmussen has trumps approval at 51%, who knows.

but i think trump gets creamed in november. in december i’d have said he wins 30 states, i don’t see that he survives getting blamed for covid and the floyd race hoax. and i give him a big, fat F for allowing those violent protests to continue. should
have sent in the cavalry.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

What’s left of the Republican Party is a solid 30% who, if Tweety were strangling the life out of them, would (a) believe they had it coming to them and (b) die happy knowing his hands had touched them.