Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-14-2009, 05:33 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I know many Conservatives who would agree that Bush was a terrible President. Should the media have not covered the bad stuff?

-spence
Spence,
I know many so called Liberals and Moderates who are not very happy in the way that the Obama administration is handling the economy and digging a deficit hole that this country will have a very hard time getting out of. Are their voices being heard in the media? Or are they being portrayed as racist or bible bearing rednecks if they are reported on at all?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 179 View Post
Spence,
I know many so called Liberals and Moderates who are not very happy in the way that the Obama administration is handling the economy and digging a deficit hole that this country will have a very hard time getting out of. Are their voices being heard in the media? Or are they being portrayed as racist or bible bearing rednecks if they are reported on at all?
I've seen plenty of negative reporting on Obama's economic policy from moderate voices in the mainstream media.

Or, have you watched MSNBC at night lately? They've been taking Obama to task over not releasing interrogation photos. I had thought they weren't allowed to do this by their cheer leading instructor.

This isn't rocket science.

The same media who people whined were unfair to Bush also hammered President Clinton relentlessly.

The media wasn't after Bush at the beginning of his term or during the 9/11 fallout.

Hell, it was the New York Times, flag bearer of the Liberal Media who did the most to publicize the false WMD accusations that led us to IRAQ!

It was after the Administration started making dumb mistakes, tried to cover them up, used the war to win elections and generally speaking placed ideology ahead of mainstream interests - - that the media really went nuts.

Of course it was all about the man, they hated Bush right? Bull%$%$%$%$...it was all about policy.

Obama isn't being given any free pass, and everyone who voted for him is looking very closely to see if he does what he says he would do. Of course, the Punditry who makes money by tearing him down might have a different opinion.

How convenient.

-spence
Old 05-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Or, have you watched MSNBC at night lately? They've been taking Obama to task over not releasing interrogation photos. I had thought they weren't allowed to do this by their cheer leading instructor.

-spence
I have a thought on that, perhaps by the media "calling him out" on them, will allow him to do what he would like and release them. I am sure he is taking the stand to "protect" our reputation, and not risk our military men in possible escalations to due their reactions to the photos, all to appear as if he gives a damn about the troops.

I know you'll say I'm giving Obama too much credit in what is said on MSNBC, but they are sticking to defending liberal views and condeming conservative views. The fact that he is talking about them and how bad they are, and how he doesn't want our reputation brought down further by these, is making it just as bad as releasing them. Obama is pretending to care about a conservative issue (military strength) while MSNBC and others get on him about him, then eventually he will "give in" to the "desires of the nation" as put forth by MSNBC, allowing him to have his cake and eat it too.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Raven

Question white house lawn

i hear there's a garden there now

but what about a putting green....______________O______________

and how's come OBAMA hasn't
been invited to Texas....
Old 05-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
and how's come OBAMA hasn't
been invited to Texas....
He has been invited to Texas, but the secret service doesn't think they can keep him safe.

They say the Middle East and Cuba are one thing, but Texas? You gotta be kidding me...... "Texas is full of bible carrying, gun toting radicals."