Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
BigBo

This is gonna hurt a little

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...tml#post869862

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

get the knee keep the yak.

Sorry for your pain, a full you'll be back in 3 mos. A partial unfortunately takes longer, that I can tell you for sure.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
spence

I wouldn't sell it too quickly unless you need the cash. 1) it's motivation to get back out and 2) you'll pay more in total cost of ownership assuming a) you're not off the yak for several years and b) new yakking technology doesn't make your current ride obsolete.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
FishermanTim

I 2nd Spence....keep the yak as incentive to get back in the saddle ASAP (with doctors approval).
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I wouldn't sell it too quickly unless you need the cash. 1) it's motivation to get back out and 2) you'll pay more in total cost of ownership assuming a) you're not off the yak for several years and b) new yakking technology doesn't make your current ride obsolete.

-spence
X3.. I had a mint VW Westfalia that i sold 10 years ago and regret it all the time. Keep the PA under a tarp....
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
ridler72
Lubina Estriada!

Sorry to hear about this. I have right knee issues on my right. Down the road I will need replacement too. For now, the Hobie is helping with the arthritis. It's seems that way anyways.

Kayak Fishing Baby! Fish Reel Hard!
ridler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Pete_G

At some point during your rehab if you get a knee replacement your PT is likely to recommend an exercise bike - and you might be wishing you kept the yak.

More often then not my Mom has her patients on a bike as they progress, assuming they are young and fit enough. She's a physical therapist, specializing in knee and hip replacement.

Not to get all Holiday Inn Express on you - but biking (or pedaling) tends to work your body in a bilateral manner - which often will be recommended after that sort of surgery to help equalize your strength and flexibility.

As Spence said, getting back in the saddle might be a good goal to have as you deal with the earlier parts of the rehab as well.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
BigBo

There's a new Yak Rat in the house. Ecduzitgood is the proud new owner of a Pro Angler. Enjoy it Ed.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #9
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
There's a new Yak Rat in the house. Ecduzitgood is the proud new owner of a Pro Angler. Enjoy it Ed.
Congrats. Ed, you are going to have to modify that 3 wheeler canal bike to carry a yak now!

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote