Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #31
Joe

Too bad rednecks don't have a think tank, it would be an excellent source for getting that data.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #32
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Man you guys are irritating.
Man, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #33
PaulS

Independent thought All Rush or Hannity has to do is call Obama Mesiah and the next day the internet lights up with that name.

Google threats against Obama - over 5,500,000.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6123157&page=1
http://www.truthout.org/110908Y
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27724965/
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...threats15.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...uffpost/144061

Theres a few for you but since they are from various media sources your going to come back and say its the "liberal" media.

I guess Lincoln might have had more people wish him dead.

The nerve of Obama to run for Pres. He's uppity
Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #34
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Man, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black
Oh great, now the pot has offended the kettle. What kind of world do we live in when even kitchen items are judged unfairly by one another based on the color of their outsides? Isn't it what's on the inside of the kettle that really matters?

For the record, I really like kettle corn.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

We kettles are tired of it and won't stand for it anymore..

Remember Ma and Pa Kettle?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #36
fishbones

Quote:
We kettles are tired of it and won't stand for it anymore..

Remember Ma and Pa Kettle?
Them Kettle's were some cooky old cats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v71336rdciv.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	30147  

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 12-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #37
bssb
river rat

poor jimmy

why bother arguing with Jimmy. He doesn't believe there are real people who still consider blacks second class citizens. Or he believes that there are more black racist than white ones. or he believes that you can't believe anything because some "liberal" might have made it up. Jimmy also believes he's an "independent", not a republican. So is Joe Lieberman. Joe turns his head to the right, he can just make out Jimmy in the distance

Last edited by bssb; 12-04-2008 at 01:15 AM..

“I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.”

Jim Garrison
Old 12-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #38
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bssb View Post
why bother arguing with Jimmy. He doesn't believe there are real people who still consider blacks second class citizens. Or he believes that there are more black racist than white ones. or he believes that you can't believe anything because some "liberal" might have made it up. Jimmy also believes he's an "independent", not a republican. So is Joe Lieberman. Joe turns his head to the right, he can just make out Jimmy in the distance
wrong, I believe that there are people that believe blacks are second class citizens. I also believe they have a right to believe that. Its not illegal to be racist. I also know that more than half the country voted for a black man.
I absoultely do agree that there are more black racists than white ones. How can you are argue there are not? There are more black only churches, black only television stations and black only magazines. Culturally, it appears that blacks seek segregation more than whites.
An once again, I'll challenge you to define what makes me to the right of Liberman? Is it my disdain for organized religion, my support of gay rights? My lifelong involvement at many levels with other races?

It is you my friend that only thinks what your political party does.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #39
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I absoultely do agree that there are more black racists than white ones. How can you are argue there are not? There are more black only churches, black only television stations and black only magazines. Culturally, it appears that blacks seek segregation more than whites.
you can also take that in another direction too....try opening up a Male Only anything....yet there are Women Only gyms everywhere.

A lot of times the only reason its a Racist/Sexist issue is because of the person screaming it.

I remember having an argument with my sister-in-law about the fact that her company just hired a guy doing the same thing as her for more money.

I said it was business not sexism....she'd been there like 7 years getting standard cost of living increases.....while the job market was dictaing over the years that this person should be making this much. Thats why he got more.

She said then why don't they raise her pay....I said thats not what a business does...if you want salary increases you need to be willing to walk.....she didn't buy it and claimed it was sexist.....so is it?...or is it just business.

if a (enter race here) guy gets fired is it racist...or is it because he was always late/sick.....or his numbers down? If he claims its a race issue....then it sends up a red flag and is now a race issue.....even though it was a performance issue....seen that happen a few times.

Can't always just say the White Males are the problem......it exists in ALL walks of life.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #40
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

agree 100%

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #41
Bronko

Quote:
you can also take that in another direction too....try opening up a Male Only anything....yet there are Women Only gyms everywhere.

A lot of times the only reason its a Racist/Sexist issue is because of the person screaming it.

I remember having an argument with my sister-in-law about the fact that her company just hired a guy doing the same thing as her for more money.

I said it was business not sexism....she'd been there like 7 years getting standard cost of living increases.....while the job market was dictaing over the years that this person should be making this much. Thats why he got more.

She said then why don't they raise her pay....I said thats not what a business does...if you want salary increases you need to be willing to walk.....she didn't buy it and claimed it was sexist.....so is it?...or is it just business.

if a (enter race here) guy gets fired is it racist...or is it because he was always late/sick.....or his numbers down? If he claims its a race issue....then it sends up a red flag and is now a race issue.....even though it was a performance issue....seen that happen a few times.

Can't always just say the White Males are the problem......it exists in ALL walks of life.
Well said TDF. I think we will have a few case studies coming up at the end of the NFL season that will mirror very closely the discussion at hand. It appears that:

1. Romeo Crennel
2. Marvin Lewis
3. Herm Edwards

All three african american, all three may be on the chopping block after this season. Edwards and Lewis are a combined 3-19 and Crennel has apparently "lost" the team. If all three are fired (because they suck) I am really interested in seeing what the black community will say. There has historically been a knee-jerk "racism" reaction. Does anybody think that America electing Barak Obama will lessen some of the blow? Should it? What say you?

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

There in lies the problem.....it should only matter to them, nobody else. if they come out and say we got fired because we suck.....that should be the end of it.

you know what 2 chuckleheads will turn it into a race thing....

Old 12-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #43
fishbones

Quote:
you know what 2 chuckleheads will turn it into a race thing....
And one of them is..... Nevermind, I don't want to get called into the principals office again.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

....not anybody on the board.....external types

Old 12-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #45
Slipknot
Super Moderator

A.S. and J.J.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #46
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

There ya Go......