Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

OK I got first dibs on Maine

RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA
Tue Nov 25 2008 09:04:22 ET

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Developing...

WHERE do these people come up with this
Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I would like to take first dibs on Cuttyhunk!

The analyst obviously forgot to factor in that that is what happened to Russia due to its communist reign! Could not happen under capitalist system!

Just in case though....Cutty is mine!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
cheferson

Didnt russias stock market crash 80% ?? Also the ruble way down??? OIl and natural gas prices also way down???
Old 11-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Eff him I'm taking Alaska.....then we could swap a little time share space Larry.

Couple of weeks Striper fishing on Cutty for a Couple of weeks of Salmon fishing in Alaska....I'll even throw in a couple of halibut trips

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Barn Doors Kevin!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
Nebe

If any of you discredit that report, your head is deeply planted in the sand. Not so much about America breaking up, or Russia claiming Alaska, but he is on the money about the fact that our country is on the brink of collapse. No one is adressing the real issues though.. I wonder why??
Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
but he is on the money about the fact that our country is on the brink of collapse. No one is adressing the real issues though.. I wonder why??
Because if we can get consumers out spending money, the wheels will turn and everything will be good again.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Nebe

THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM

We need to be exporting more than we import.. economics 101
Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
Joe

Gotta side with Stripeman. You can have a prosperous overall economy and a trade deficit, but you can't have a prosperous overall economy and low consumer spending.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
Nebe

Spending on imported goods is partly what got us into this mess. We need spending on domestic products so that our economy can self sustain..

jobs need to be created to manufacture in the US.. global trade favors our competitors and the top 1% of americans.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #11
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Spending on imported goods is partly what got us into this mess. We need spending on domestic products so that our economy can self sustain..

jobs need to be created to manufacture in the US.. global trade favors our competitors and the top 1% of americans.

We have to spend money on imported consumer goods because the law allows for all the companies that produced products in the U.S.A. to be made somewhere else now, necessitating importation of these goods.

NAFTA SUCKS

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #12
FishermanTim

I'll take Hawaii
Old 11-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #13
slow eddie
slow eddie

we do not manufacture anything in this country now except burgers. at one time in the 70's i could go to 6 different companies and rebuild machine tools. this was in a 15 mile radius. all these companies are out of buisness, or moved offshore. at one time a highschool graduate could go to work for a number of manufacturing comp. in r.i. gone overseas. yet the prices on these goods did not come down. think penn reels
would you like fries with order nebe??
larry. i just talked with bonnie. non-portaguse not allowed.

put them back alive. i do have grandkids.
as your hair gets whiter, your gear gets lighter.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #14
Joe

Nebe - fly down to the glass-blowing region of Mexico and find a good supplier. Then come back, turn off your furnace, move to a storefront in Garden City and sell "imported glass art" at a ridiculous markup.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Nebe I sure don't disagree. I think alot of what has gotten this country into this mess has been buying crap from China and Malaysia etc. I've said this for many years...buy American EVEN if it costs more. We shouldn't be shipping our dollars to foreign countries. We shouldnt be allowing Brazilian or Mexican or whatever workers to come here and work then send all the money back to their home countries. We shouldnt be supporting these people on section 8 subsidies or allowing them to have drivers licenses etc. Man I could go on all day.

Quote:
THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM

We need to be exporting more than we import.. economics 101
Quote:

Quote:
If any of you discredit that report, your head is deeply planted in the sand. Not so much about America breaking up, or Russia claiming Alaska, but he is on the money about the fact that our country is on the brink of collapse. No one is adressing the real issues though.. I wonder why??
Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #16
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
I agree, but was being labeled a looney in the How bad is it Thread. For some reason I dont understand why people cannot see what is goign on around them. Are we numb to the facts?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 PM   #17
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Nebe - fly down to the glass-blowing region of Mexico and find a good supplier. Then come back, turn off your furnace, move to a storefront in Garden City and sell "imported glass art" at a ridiculous markup.
monteray mexico.

No thank you. I have had my foot in the door at many archetectural firms and am trying to get into making glass for corperate lobbies, pubic spaces, etc.. (big leagues)
Old 11-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #18
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Hope you got big nets Larry cuz when they get to me I'm gonna catch them all Besides everyone here knows Cutty doesn't have any fish so aren't you going to get bored playing monopoly all day

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post

The analyst obviously forgot to factor in that that is what happened to Russia due to its communist reign! Could not happen under capitalist system!

Old 11-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #19
EarnedStripes44

it all seems a little extreme....
Old 11-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #20
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post

Cuttyhunk is already claimed and you're an easy target.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 11-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
eastendlu

I am not greedy all i want is the East End of Long Island.

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
Old 11-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Hmmm. the Russians make a play for Alaska, gee, that would unify the US.

Russia should be more worried about their back door but then again, the Russians have always needed to confuse things beyond their borders...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
Nebe

I'll take the chesapeake and block island. (winter and summer house)
Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
striperman36
Old Guy

Noman's and Little Cumberland,ga
Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 AM   #25
johnny ducketts
><(((°> ><((( °> ><(((°>

I'll take ny, throw away the rest and just keep montauk

60 % of the time, it works every time.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny ducketts View Post
I'll take ny, throw away the rest and just keep montauk
Can I have Yankee Stadium.....I want to turn it into a Shelter for Wayward Cross-Dressers.....then lets see them still refer to it as "The House that Ruth Built"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."