Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-15-2017, 04:47 AM   #181
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Exhibit A in why people not on the East / West coasts give a Big Middle Finger to the talking heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't get your exhibit.

I think it's amusing that the same people that voted for, supported, defended people like the Clintons, Kennedies, and many other notable vermin who were elected and reelected to positions in Washington are now aghast and dismayed that the backward state or Alabama NEARLY...sent someone of questionable character and deed to Washington....good grief...yes the "middle of the country" has watched "the coasts" do this for decades and their dirtbags actually WON
Old 12-15-2017, 05:02 AM   #182
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:
Exhibit A in why people not on the East / West coasts give a Big Middle Finger to the talking heads.

I think it's amusing that the same people that voted for, supported, defended people like the Clintons, Kennedies, and many other notable vermin who were elected and reelected to positions in Washington are now aghast and dismayed that the backward state or Alabama NEARLY...sent someone of questionable character and deed to Washington....good grief...yes the "middle of the country" has watched "the coasts" do this for decades and their dirtbags actually WON
love the whataboutism again .. Clintons won the south( and got a BJ) and Ted Kennedy pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of a crash causing personal injury..

Moore or Trump have accepted no responsibility for their action ..
Old 12-15-2017, 06:24 AM   #183
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
love the whataboutism again .. Clintons won the south( and got a BJ) and Ted Kennedy pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of a crash causing personal injury..

Moore or Trump have accepted no responsibility for their action ..
Moore and probably the party paid the price politically for whatever he may have done...Trump may yet....neither the Clintons nor Kennedy nor a long list of other democrats paid a political price, in fact, they've been vigorously defended...re-elected and lionized...just like the Alabamans that lined up behind Moore and overlooked his negatives in order to gain politically....the democrats who supported their own democrat dirt bags have no moral high ground when it comes to who the other party may or may not send to Washington, they are no better than those crazy Alabamans...though they love to think they are

we may be making progress though....we now know, thanks to one of the most liberal papers in the country that one of the most liberal states in the country boasts the most racist city in the country....I guess the left is experiencing a sort of moral renaissance thanks to Trump....this should be a positive going forward

but we do have Schumer whining about "legislation being rammed through" now....this from a guy who would gleefully ram his own legislation through if he were running the show....wait...is that "whataboutism'?

Last edited by scottw; 12-15-2017 at 06:55 AM..
Old 12-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #184
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Quote:
Have you ever been to Alabama?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I doubt that there would be politicians on the left calling her a guerilla.
No, they would call her all kinds of things and she that would get everyone killed

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
No doubt politicians on the left would not be mean to her, or would not call her some sort of suck-up to big money or traitor to the black community or various not so nice right wingishness.
Some would

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
love the whataboutism again .. wl:
So conservatives are supposed to just silently accept the amazing hypocrisy shown by the left on the issue of treatment of women?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #186
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So conservatives are supposed to just silently accept the amazing hypocrisy shown by the left on the issue of treatment of women?
pretty sure the left is currently leading the league...
Old 12-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #187
Jim in CT

Quote:
love the whataboutism again .. wl:
Old 12-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #188
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Yes

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #189
PaulS

Quote:
Pretty sure he is talking about how you have to constantly bring up 20 year old incidents to try to make a point. Maybe people should bring up how Anita Hill was treated by the right.

The left has forced all the politicians on its "side" to resign. The right has not. The right elected a man to the most important position in the world who has bragged about assaulting women and walking in on naked people in their dressing room. 650K Alabamians just voted to elect a pedophile to be their next senator.

Never mind discussing all the things in the Trump budget that impacts woman in a negative way (aid to children, CHIP, etc) given they are carekeepers more than men.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #190
PaulS

See any patterns here?

Rates are the number of reported forcible rapes per 100,000 people.

1. New Jersey - 11.7

2. New York - 14.6

3. Virginia - 17.7

4. Vermont - 19.3

5. North Carolina - 20.3

6. Hawaii - 20.5

7. California - 20.6

8. Maryland - 21

9. Wisconsin - 21.3

10. Georgia - 21.4

11. West Virginia - 22.7

12. Massachusetts - 24.7

13. Missouri - 25.1

14. Louisiana - 25.2

15. Indiana - 25.5

16. Connecticut - 25.6

17. Pennsylvania - 26.1

18. Delaware - 26.5

19. Wyoming - 26.7

20. Alabama - 26.9

21. Florida - 27.2

22. Rhode Island - 27.4

23. Mississippi - 27.5

24. Illinois - 27.7

25. Maine - 28

26. Iowa - 28.3

27. Kentucky - 29

28. Oregon - 29.2

29. Texas - 29.6

30. Idaho - 30

31. Minnesota - 30.5

32. Tennessee - 31.5

33. Ohio - 31.7

34. Washington - 31.8

35. Utah - 33

36. Nevada - 33.7

37. New Hampshire - 34

38. Arizona - 34.7

39. South Carolina - 35.5

40. Kansas - 36.5

41. District of Columbia - 37.3

42. Montana - 37.7

43. Nebraska - 38.3

44. North Dakota 38.9

45. Colorado - 40.7

46. Oklahoma - 41.6

47. Arkansas - 42.3

48. New Mexico - 45.9

49. Michigan - 46.4

50. South Dakota - 70.2

51. Alaska - 79.7
Old 12-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #191
PaulS

Here is another good one showing violence against women.

Want to guess before you open the link whether they generally vote right or left?

http://www.revelist.com/us-news/10-w...-violence/4897

And another good read (more indepth than just violence) Amazing how many studies you can find on what states are better for women. They all seem to show the same type of trends - anyone want to guess?

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-w...r-women/10728/

Off to the gym now.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-15-2017 at 11:35 AM..
Old 12-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #192
spence

Quote:
Still don't. I've spent plenty of time there. Down south in general...have a pretty good read on things.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #193
detbuch

Quote:
See any patterns here?

Rates are the number of reported forcible rapes per 100,000 people.

1. New Jersey - 11.7

2. New York - 14.6

3. Virginia - 17.7

4. Vermont - 19.3

5. North Carolina - 20.3

6. Hawaii - 20.5

7. California - 20.6

8. Maryland - 21

9. Wisconsin - 21.3

10. Georgia - 21.4

11. West Virginia - 22.7

12. Massachusetts - 24.7

13. Missouri - 25.1

14. Louisiana - 25.2

15. Indiana - 25.5

16. Connecticut - 25.6

17. Pennsylvania - 26.1

18. Delaware - 26.5

19. Wyoming - 26.7

20. Alabama - 26.9

21. Florida - 27.2

22. Rhode Island - 27.4

23. Mississippi - 27.5

24. Illinois - 27.7

25. Maine - 28

26. Iowa - 28.3

27. Kentucky - 29

28. Oregon - 29.2

29. Texas - 29.6

30. Idaho - 30

31. Minnesota - 30.5

32. Tennessee - 31.5

33. Ohio - 31.7

34. Washington - 31.8

35. Utah - 33

36. Nevada - 33.7

37. New Hampshire - 34

38. Arizona - 34.7

39. South Carolina - 35.5

40. Kansas - 36.5

41. District of Columbia - 37.3

42. Montana - 37.7

43. Nebraska - 38.3

44. North Dakota 38.9

45. Colorado - 40.7

46. Oklahoma - 41.6

47. Arkansas - 42.3

48. New Mexico - 45.9

49. Michigan - 46.4

50. South Dakota - 70.2

51. Alaska - 79.7
Not enough info to make a meaningful pattern showing the connection between Republican political philosophy vs. Democrat political philosophy in regard to forcible rapes. Actually, no information in those numbers in that regard.

Also, no breakdown on race of perpetrators.

Much too sketchy to mean a whole lot.

So Alaska had 560 rapes committed by whom? And California had 7774 rapes committed by whom? For whom did the perpetrators vote. And what would that have to do with politics and political philosophy.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #194
detbuch

Quote:
Here is another good one showing violence against women.

Want to guess before you open the link whether they generally vote right or left?

http://www.revelist.com/us-news/10-w...-violence/4897

No info on how the perpetrators voted. Did any of them vote Democrat? And what would that have that to do with either Party?

And another good read (more indepth than just violence) Amazing how many studies you can find on what states are better for women. They all seem to show the same type of trends - anyone want to guess?

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-w...r-women/10728/

Do the men in those states have the same trends? Is it really a gender issue?

Off to the gym now.
Have fun.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pretty sure he is talking about how you have to constantly bring up 20 year old incidents to try to make a point. Maybe people should bring up how Anita Hill was treated by the right.

The left has forced all the politicians on its "side" to resign. The right has not. The right elected a man to the most important position in the world who has bragged about assaulting women and walking in on naked people in their dressing room. 650K Alabamians just voted to elect a pedophile to be their next senator.

Never mind discussing all the things in the Trump budget that impacts woman in a negative way (aid to children, CHIP, etc) given they are carekeepers more than men.
They are not 20 year old incidents. Up until the election last year, bill was considered a hero of feminism. So was Hilary, who slut shamed her husbands victims. And ted Kennedy was revered in the senate until the moment he died. So the willingness of libs to ignore perversion and mistreatment of women was alive and well, right up until the first nanosecond that the clintons became useless. Then you al started acting as if chivalry is a pillar of liberalism. I assure you, it is not.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #196
scottw

WUT?!?!%$?

December 15, 2017 8:48 AM

Kansas Dem Andrea Ramsey, accused of sexual harassment, will drop out of US House race
Old 12-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #197
PaulS

Quote:
They are not 20 year old incidents.Huh, when did Clinton rape brodrick? Up until the election last year, bill was considered a hero of feminism. So was Hilary, who slut shamed her husbands victims. Don't forget how the Rep. treated Anita HillProb. bc the conserv. lied about her and him so many times that she didn't believe anything that came out. And ted Kennedy was revered in the senate until the moment he died.That was trueSo the willingness of libs to ignore perversion and mistreatment of women was alive and well, right up until the first nanosecond that the clintons became useless. Then you al started acting as if chivalry is a pillar of liberalism. I assure you, it is not.
And the cons. just elected a pervert to the most important position in the world when they had many different option and 650K Alabamians voted for a perverted pedophile who was so bad malls banned him. You use 2 examples and I've shown you which states treat woman worse - most are run by conserv. and have voted cons. for years and years. They are responsible for the laws and policies which seems to hurt women more than the states which are run and voted left. Which sample is larger and thus more credible?
Old 12-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #198
scottw

Quote:
And the cons. ......
you seem desperate
Old 12-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #199
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you seem desperate
He's just pointing out the obvious.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #200
PaulS

He is so snarky I usually just ignore him.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #201
Sea Dangles

Guys,it's enough. At least when presented with the accusations,the right leaning state of Alabama decide they would turn their back on Moore. The left wants to point to the fact that some folks still voted for him as evidence of moral bankruptcy. Ted Kennedy leaves a girl in a submerged vehicle to die while his pregnant wife is home and the left gives him his job back for decades to come.....please show some pride and let it go. If people really wanted to go back in time then they could easily point out the party voting disparities when Lincoln was trying to free slaves and provide them with basic human rights. Those numbers are nothing but ugly but that was a long time ago. 20 years is nothing but a heartbeat in history and will take time to heal.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #202
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Men of character don't need to bully their way to the top and even if in the back of their minds they still believe men to be superior to women; they would never sexually harass, inappropriately touch or even consider raping a woman. I think any man who can beat a women or child, sexually harass or go so far as rape a woman; are cowards and not men at all.

Shame on either the left or right for contributing to this inappropriate behavior and double shame on those willing to stand by and say nothing or even promote a known abuser to a position where he can do more harm. To see the GOP do the right thing initially by not backing Moore, only to put their tails between their legs, when the poster boy abuser and bully asks them to back Moore is so gutless and lacks vision.

To those that say why now, why bring these up know, this has to be a politically motivated ploy of all made up accusations; I would say you probably don't know anyone who has gone through it at a younger age. I personally know three women who confided in me in their 40's that they were raped as teenagers or young women and not one brought accusations or charges due to the climate, the person involved and the crippling fear nobody would believe them.

It's common place for rape victims to become victims again, they are accused of dressing slutty, or by their actions (usually viewed from a man/pigs perspective) as asking for it and they are traumatized once again. One of these women was and is still to this day scared for life and will never recover due to the circumstances.

The fact that these victims are suddenly now coming forward has much to do with their feeling of community, this metoo movement seems to have empowered women who might not have spoken out, to shed the dark cloud hanging over them for decades. Are there some false accusations out their, there probably are a small percentage, as there would be for any accusations of wrong doing. I believe the majority and while I can't speak for others, any serious accusations on either side of the isle should be looked into and dealt with.

Looking back in the rear view mirror to attempt to judge today's actions based on past presidents, congressmen or senators makes no sense IMHO. Everyone used to own slaves, we grew up and decided that wasn't right and had a civil war over it. It wasn't all that long ago women weren't able to vote, we grew up and changed that. Wasn't long ago it was back of the buss for anyone of color, again we as a society have evolved. Times change and what might have been acceptable in the good old days for our fathers or our grandfathers, just isn't today.

Good strong men of character likely didn't abuse 40 years ago, 20 years ago or ten years from now; those that do shouldn't be elected officials. It was wrong for Ted Kennedy, wrong for Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby and the fact we have a president who likely would fit right into that fraternity is a sad state of the nation.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #203
wdmso

Quote:
1960s 2017 its that easy

whats was acceptable then and now are not the same but i get it lets throw mud from 50 years ago
Old 12-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #204
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Men of character don't need to bully their way to the top and even if in the back of their minds they still believe men to be superior to women; they would never sexually harass, inappropriately touch or even consider raping a woman. I think any man who can beat a women or child, sexually harass or go so far as rape a woman; are cowards and not men at all.

Shame on either the left or right for contributing to this inappropriate behavior and double shame on those willing to stand by and say nothing or even promote a known abuser to a position where he can do more harm. To see the GOP do the right thing initially by not backing Moore, only to put their tails between their legs, when the poster boy abuser and bully asks them to back Moore is so gutless and lacks vision.

To those that say why now, why bring these up know, this has to be a politically motivated ploy of all made up accusations; I would say you probably don't know anyone who has gone through it at a younger age. I personally know three women who confided in me in their 40's that they were raped as teenagers or young women and not one brought accusations or charges due to the climate, the person involved and the crippling fear nobody would believe them.

It's common place for rape victims to become victims again, they are accused of dressing slutty, or by their actions (usually viewed from a man/pigs perspective) as asking for it and they are traumatized once again. One of these women was and is still to this day scared for life and will never recover due to the circumstances.

The fact that these victims are suddenly now coming forward has much to do with their feeling of community, this metoo movement seems to have empowered women who might not have spoken out, to shed the dark cloud hanging over them for decades. Are there some false accusations out their, there probably are a small percentage, as there would be for any accusations of wrong doing. I believe the majority and while I can't speak for others, any serious accusations on either side of the isle should be looked into and dealt with.

Looking back in the rear view mirror to attempt to judge today's actions based on past presidents, congressmen or senators makes no sense IMHO. Everyone used to own slaves, we grew up and decided that wasn't right and had a civil war over it. It wasn't all that long ago women weren't able to vote, we grew up and changed that. Wasn't long ago it was back of the buss for anyone of color, again we as a society have evolved. Times change and what might have been acceptable in the good old days for our fathers or our grandfathers, just isn't today.

Good strong men of character likely didn't abuse 40 years ago, 20 years ago or ten years from now; those that do shouldn't be elected officials. It was wrong for Ted Kennedy, wrong for Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby and the fact we have a president who likely would fit right into that fraternity is a sad state of the nation.
I don't see a strong connection between sexual morality and preserving, protecting, and defending the Constitution of the United States. Several whom you would call sexually disreputable have done a good job of protecting that Constitution. In my opinion, Trump is doing a better job of that than most of the recent Presidents, better than even the supposedly morally pure Jimmy Carter.

And, even so, Trump's sexual vulgarity seems to be overblown. It seems that he did not advance further than he was allowed after some initial attempt. If that is morally repugnant, than most men are. And that probably applies to most politicians.

Would you rather have a sexually pure Mike Spence as President, pushing for policies with which you disagree, or the run of the mill morally tepid politician who helps to politically get done what you approve of and desire?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:20 PM   #205
spence

Quote:
And, even so, Trump's sexual vulgarity seems to be overblown.
I'm going to just set with this...good lord.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #206
detbuch

Quote:
1960s 2017 its that easy

whats was acceptable then and now are not the same but i get it lets throw mud from 50 years ago
It was acceptable 50 years ago to abandon a woman to die in an auto that you had driven into the water? I was in country 50 years ago. It was not acceptable, unless you were Ted Kennedy. And it was not acceptable for men 50 years ago for married men to philander the way Jack Kennedy did. It's not the morality that has changed from 50 year's ago, it's that the media is far more willing to expose it and even overblow it now for political purposes than it was back then.

Which is peculiar since the media, which includes TV and Hollywood as well as journalism, has been, over the past 50 years, pushing for more and looser sexual freedom. It would seem that it would have been 50 years ago that the media would have been outing everybody, and that in this present age of media produced sexual "freedom," Politicians should be getting the pass they got back then.

But, no, just about everything, morally and political are turned upside down. The reason for that is what we should be in a frenzied conversation over, not this stupid stuff.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #207
detbuch

Quote:
I'm going to just set with this...good lord.
As usual, you got nothin.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #208
spence

Quote:
As usual, you got nothin.
Actually, the record is pretty clear. That you don't see it is disturbing.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:53 PM   #209
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I don't see a strong connection between sexual morality and preserving, protecting, and defending the Constitution of the United States. Several whom you would call sexually disreputable have done a good job of protecting that Constitution. In my opinion, Trump is doing a better job of that than most of the recent Presidents, better than even the supposedly morally pure Jimmy Carter.

And, even so, Trump's sexual vulgarity seems to be overblown. It seems that he did not advance further than he was allowed after some initial attempt. If that is morally repugnant, than most men are. And that probably applies to most politicians.

Would you rather have a sexually pure Mike Spence as President, pushing for policies with which you disagree, or the run of the mill morally tepid politician who helps to politically get done what you approve of and desire?
I won't argue the validity of Trumps accusations, other than to say I think he's established a pattern that has been well documented and on tape. Go play any of his interviews with Howard Stern and others.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks and even admits on tape to being a duck; well I'm pretty sure it's a duck. Money and power will buy a lot of silence and doubt; I however have little doubt.....he's a bully, probably guilty of several counts of sexual abuse, we know of three rape accusations; at the least I'm convince he is a pig.

I'll give him praise for stiffening the boarders and slowing immigration by potential terrorists, I do however think he has done a piss pour job of protecting American from what I see as the largest threat to our way of life since 2011. Today what is the first thing Trump does before checking on anything of importance, he picks up the phone to call his buddy Putin to thank him for the high praise he gave Trump. Putin is playing him for the fool he his and all the while Trump does nothing to prepare us for future attacks by Russia.

Then he and his private political news outlet Fox attack the FBI and in intelligence community, the very people entrusted to protect us from the never ending cyber attacks that Russia has and continues to throw our way. Anyone even thinking of giving him intel that proves just that, just gets his big fat ego all upset, because it brings into question the validity of his election success. Dealing with him with intelligence information that involves Russia, must be like going ice fishing with only 2-3" of black ice. You think you might be safe, but say the wrong thing and upset the ego of the big child and the ice might break and your fired.

Sorry I'm not buying into your assessment of his performance to date.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #210
scottw

Quote:
He is so snarky I usually just ignore him.
I love you too