Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
eelman

Good night in little Rhody ..........

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&/septembert26th2006011.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
JFigliuolo

How many times do you have to be told...

BOAT FISH DON'T COUNT!!!

Nice anyway.

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement -- Keith Benning
Old 09-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Nah uh...
Surf fish....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-26-2006, 08:30 AM   #4
eelman

Nope not last Night my feet were on terra- firma ! And, they all count...............Thanks to the wife for taking these photos this morning!

Last edited by eelman; 09-26-2006 at 08:36 AM..
Old 09-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #5
jim sylvester
<><><><><><><>

nice fish bill

what did they tip the scales at?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #6
Clammer

F/U

I had a good nite until I saw this //

F @#$%^&*$& F@$%^&*(

Michelle is already pissed cuz I,m not there yet /////

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 09-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #7
eelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer
F/U

I had a good nite until I saw this //

F @#$%^&*$& F@$%^&*(

Michelle is already pissed cuz I,m not there yet /////

Dont worry Bud

I will catch your share tonight............I am not even leaving the house till 11pm tonight
Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
Back Beach
Respect your elvers

Keep em on ice, Bill. Maybe butter up Clammer tomorrow with a special gift..... Good to see there are some large returning to the grounds.

Last edited by Back Beach; 09-26-2006 at 10:30 AM..

It's not the bait
At the end of your line
It's the fishing hole
Where all the fish is blind
Old 09-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
cheferson

Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #10
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Nice fish!

seals + plovers =
Old 09-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
bttfish

Awsome! Good catch!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
choggieman

just for curiousities sake, not starting trouble- just wondering, how many fish do you kill a year #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&? Approximate of of course
Old 09-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
libassboy

Nice fish #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&!!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #14
eelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by choggieman
just for curiousities sake, not starting trouble- just wondering, how many fish do you kill a year #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&? Approximate of of course
I apriciate all the kudos from everyone however, your post is certainly meant to detract and somehow flame this post which was just meant to show a good night, just as most other here do, I know this because I have a good memory of things said in the past by you..

I will however give you my honest answer with all respect....It is none of your buisness or anyone else's how many fish I keep or dont keep as long as I am within the law...having said that, I will say that this year I kept maybe 15-20 fish so far which went to myself, family and friends and some were also used for the on the water tourney and my own clubs tourney but, they are of the same group as the 15-20 fish mentioned above..I had 11 bass last night, 9 of which were set free to swim again and which were not small fish, like I said it was a good night...so again, it really isnt your buisness to ask, the only reason you would ask is if you somehow thought something wasn't kosher...and I know the rumor mill in the east bay is on fire with that.Steve and I have heard plenty from other people....
Old 09-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #15
choggieman

realizing it is none of my business, I am good with your repsonse.
the question I should have asked is how many times a year you fish, how many of those trips are successful ( at least two keeper bass)? I am not in the least bit insinuating you take more than your limit. With your profile you have to keep a clean nose. What I am getting at is, for someone so close to the fishery and so rapt with the striped bass, you post lots of pictures of big dead bass. I do not know any fisherman who kills as many big bass as you do.(excluding comms.) I am sure you release 1000 keepers to the ones you kill ( a compliment), but there are lotsa dead big bass in your history. Do you ever keep smaller fish, say 30"? I prefer them eating wise any day over a 30lber, and most fisherman I know feel the same as I do. I am not attacking you, I am remaining civilized. I just wonder as many do, how much harvesting of the large fish of the new england stock can it sustain? Do you think there will be a day when there are no more big bass? Do you think we could ever see another moratorium? Many say the stock is in trouble- does harvest of the larger adult more prolific breeding fish help? We need not be at odds, I am just presenting my train of thought to you for feedback. Thank you very much
Old 09-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #16
jim sylvester
<><><><><><><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by choggieman

if #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& fished approx 100 nights a year......probably on the low side, right Bill, he is doing nothing wrong if he takes 200 fish.....2 per trip

don't know what the problem is

i can see if these fish were being killed just for pictures...but I KNOW thats not the case
Old 09-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #17
chipwood

It is'nt anyone's business to ask? Then why is your face plastered all over the computer when I look @ SB.com showing all the bass you've caught. Man for someone who wants their name in the paper and on the world wide web, are'nt you being a little touchy.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #18
BrianS
Canal Junkie

Send a message via AIM to BrianS
I take every legal bass I catch.

Unfortunately its been 0 this yean and only a couple dozen last year.

Why question his methods....? Commecs do far more damage.

aim: SaltedBrian
Old 09-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

Sounds like you had great fun. Those are nice sized bass. So, lets hear about the methods and gear you used. I'm pretty sure you used eels, maybe not. How were your rigs set up ? How was the bait (or lures) hooked, line, knots and leaders, rod and reel, conditions ? Just interested in how you catch nice fish like that (as I'm sure many others are). Not the "where at" but the "how to". Willing to share some tips (and not just pics and other babble) ?
Again, looks like you had alot of fun, and last night was a pretty nice night weatherwise. I might go tomorrow morning if I can scratch up 15 bucks for gas.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #20
eelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by striprman
Sounds like you had great fun. Those are nice sized bass. So, lets hear about the methods and gear you used. I'm pretty sure you used eels, maybe not. How were your rigs set up ? How was the bait (or lures) hooked, line, knots and leaders, rod and reel, conditions ? Just interested in how you catch nice fish like that (as I'm sure many others are). Not the "where at" but the "how to". Willing to share some tips (and not just pics and other babble) ?
Again, looks like you had alot of fun, and last night was a pretty nice night weatherwise. I might go tomorrow morning if I can scratch up 15 bucks for gas.
I am more than willing to tell you or anyone else anything I know! The problem is when I have in the past it has been ignored or slammed(on this site anyway).....anyway, I give several seminars during the winter months now and I dont hold back...Again I am willing to share what I have learned..I am just a fisherman who has success on occasion and dont pretend to be more than that but, I feel I know what I am doing or else, I would not be catching...
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #21
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Bunker are back. Eels will go into hibernation again.... Meanwhile I'm traveling like a banshee for work. I need to change jobs or retire. First year we got this busy right during the Fall run. Lousy bad guys....

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:46 PM   #22
eelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma
Bunker are back. Eels will go into hibernation again.... Meanwhile I'm traveling like a banshee for work. I need to change jobs or retire. First year we got this busy right during the Fall run. Lousy bad guys....
Hurry and get back paul...so we can make the "run"..Bunker are indeed back!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:49 PM   #23
Clammer

no comment ///

But I wouldn,t fish against him on a bet //with eels //

that being said /he keeps fish // he has people that will eat them /but can,t afford to buy them // also // IMO /its stupid to throw back a bass that you know isn,t gonna make .. I personally watched Bill spend approx 45 minutes on a fish he felt would make it /// after letting it loose twice // it came up again // we went & got it ---history ;;;;
I have people that have been {very] good to me & my family /// more than you,ll ever know // they won,t take money but they will take a bass .. if I know that I can reach one of these people // & they say yes its history ///
Bill has even called me to asked if my daughter [[wants one] when I havn,t been out /or more than likely strictly schoolie fishing ;; if she says yes -that fish is history ;;;;

Bill is his own worse enermy [sp] he just can,t keep his F $%^&*( mouth shut //& then is upset when guys are looking for him ...
But / aside from being a glory hound /he can fish /// I don,t know what the problem is ??////// But anyone that post photo,s of fish //any kind or size 99 out of 100 get kiddo, s --Bill gets the Bull #$%^&* /// I,m not saying that at times he doesn,t ask for it //// but lately -its get #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& ...

what about the good side of Bill //

His talks are straighup & accurate & he says it like he feels ///
there are guys on this site he has put into fish that otherwise may not have gotten them ;;;

two examples & I,m outta here /the upfront money he paid me is about out ....

take a kid fishing day by RISSA ========we had a ball //Ya F $%^&*( bluefish ] they have rules of where you can fish , how you can fish ., ETC ---
It was aewsome to see the faces on the kids ,that day & Bill,s as he answered all their questions /// he just said last week that he can,t wait til next year ;;;;

this Spring we had one of those days you,ll never forget // Lets just say the smallest fish was a large & the largest fish was a large ;;
we had hours on fishing & catching & releasing // I think we both kept one mine for the striper cup .Bills I think was for the OTW & RISSA ;;
It was close to quitting time //Bill had to be at the bus stop to meet his daughter ;;;;
But as usual /i said one more spot ======== to say it was unreal is a understatement /// there is no way in Gods earth could the fishing be any better ,,,
we were having a ball & Bill noticed a guy /trolling outside of us just watching ;; never moved in / very respectful ;;;

Bill asked me if I would mind / if we set him up // no problem ;; bill called him over /& the guy right away reconized [sp] Bill from one of his talks // that sure helped the guy ]]] we gave him what he needed /told him how to setup & went back to fishing... no hookups for him /he stayed too far away ;;; Bill WTF ===we went two him /told him exactly what to do ;;

ANd watched /// he was fighting a large as we left ;;;

A few days later /he told me that the guy came into Q/L witha envelope & asked steve to give it to Bill ;;; He never said what he caught & i never asked what was in the envelope ;;;

I,m done /But not fishing with him / he,a a good person & a darn good fisherman ======== he,s just his own worse enemy ;

BTW ==God quit handing out halo,s when A & A did the apple ><><><<

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 09-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #24
Karl F

Exclamation

Well..
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, after reading clammah's post, I'd say that according to the Clammer scale, you must rank as a "Chowder".. and this thread has been "shucked"..

BTW...
Nice Fish.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #25
parker23
No Trolling allowed

80% of the fish are caught by 20% of the anglers

Keeping a fish or two a week and PROPERLY releasing the rest is a drop in the bucket compared to the by-catch/or the idiots that step on fish to remove the hook and then kick the fish back in the water.

I do not know Bill, however, I bet he knows how to properly release a bass. I keep at least 15-20 fish/season and I release many good size bass. When I release a bass, I make sure that they are not critically injured. If a fish is bleeding or non-responsive to reviving techniques, I will bring that fish home.
Bill and Steve catch and properly release more fish than I could wish to imagine. Anglers that are passionate about Striper fishing are much more likely to take care of the fish they release as well as leaving the area they fish cleaner than when they arrived. During my shore fishing days, I cleaned up after the slobs left their trash on the shore after kicking their released fish back into the water.

I hate Government intervention into additional aspects of my life, however, we need enforcement of regs. I would be willing to shell out $100.00 a year for a saltwater fishing license, if the money was properly designated to the preservation of our beloved fish/environment.

Just my 2 cents.
Bruce
Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 PM   #26
NIB

Nice fish Bill...

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #27
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB
Nice fish Bill...
Yup and I think he got them in the Canal...

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
Old 09-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #28
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic18
Yup and I think he got them in the Canal...
and on eels too? I didn't know they had a canal in little rhody

nice fish

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #29
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
and on eels too? I didn't know they had a canal in little rhody

nice fish

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
Old 09-26-2006, 07:36 PM   #30
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
I am more than willing to tell you or anyone else anything I know! The problem is when I have in the past it has been ignored or slammed(on this site anyway).....anyway, I give several seminars during the winter months now and I dont hold back...Again I am willing to share what I have learned..I am just a fisherman who has success on occasion and dont pretend to be more than that but, I feel I know what I am doing or else, I would not be catching...
I don't think I ever slammed anyone here, just myself. OK well have fun at your seminars.

Closed Thread