Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
spence

This is insanity

Turn on the news.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #2
scottw

what is insane is to listen to these reporters cackle about how violent and dangerous this is as they continue to show live footage of people just wandering around...

no smoke, no flames, no spray paint, no Molotov cocktails, no people being beaten, nobody screaming at the police or throwing things at them that I've seen...
Old 01-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #3
zimmy

No surprise. As I said recently, be glad we have the system we have because of we didn't, this would be even worse. Breaching the capitol. At least they aren't wearing pink hats with ears .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what is insane is to listen to these reporters cackle about how violent and dangerous this is as they continue to show live footage of people just wandering around...

no smoke, no flames, no spray paint, no Molotov cocktails, no people being beaten, nobody screaming at the police or throwing things at them that I've seen...
This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, and that's a remarkable feat.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:35 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, and that's a remarkable feat.
Beyond dumb, but expected, Trump supported thugs are inside the white house and breaking into the chamber. Banana republic time was right around the corner if Trump had won the election. Where is our leader, where is the outrage that his supporters have taken over the white house, my guess is he is in the residence just enjoying the show. What the F*ck is this a movie set for a white house down sequel.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Where is our leader, where is the outrage that his supporters have taken over the white house, my guess is he is in the residence just enjoying the show.
Exactly, Trump is loving the fact that his crazies would do something like this. Jim will probably counter with a remark about black unemployment.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #7
scottw

they should refuse to leave and call it CHAZ....or CHOP....still mostly peaceful by leftist standards
Old 01-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
they should refuse to leave and call it CHAZ....or CHOP....still mostly peaceful by leftist standards
What no TV in your home, you are F*cking nuts if you think this is peaceful. I love the outrage about protesting over BLM, I'm guessing there will be little outrage from the right on this board to what is happening today. How do you think the world is viewing the US, when thugs and radical Trump supporters can overrun security and enter the white house and actually force their way into the chamber. We used to be the example of democracy and how at the end of a term, once an election is certified we peacefully transitioned to insure our national security. This is how fragile democracies fall and Trump has fanned the fire and now is enjoying watching it burn, he is nothing more than a domestic terrorist at this point.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
What no TV in your home, you are F*cking nuts if you think this is peaceful. I love the outrage about protesting over BLM, I'm guessing there will be little outrage from the right on this board to what is happening today. How do you think the world is viewing the US, when thugs and radical Trump supporters can overrun security and enter the white house and actually force their way into the chamber. We used to be the example of democracy and how at the end of a term, once an election is certified we peacefully transitioned to insure our national security. This is how fragile democracies fall and Trump has fanned the fire and now is enjoying watching it burn, he is nothing more than a domestic terrorist at this point.
I see lots of people standing around.....
Old 01-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
I see lots of people standing around.....
People doing damage to the seat of our democracy and all as you have is snarky comments. Sad
Old 01-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #11
Jim in CT

by far the worst moment of his presidency, nothing comes close, conservatives can never again say that liberals are the only ones to resort to violence when outcomes don’t go the way they want. It’s disgusting. Horrifying.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:01 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

Trump supported thugs are inside the white house and breaking into the chamber
did trump invite them over to the white house too?
Old 01-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

They would find safety in the RHAZ.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-06-2021, 04:07 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, Ivanka called them American Patriots

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 04:12 PM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

They’re in the Capitol building, not the White House

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-06-2021 at 04:31 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #16
Jim in CT

conservatives are finally acting the way liberals have claimed they’ve been acting. and it ain’t pretty. and trump was an unbelievable jerk about it.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They’re in the Capitol building, not the White House
Only their leader, who told them to march to the Capital is in the White House.

Trumpist criminal incitement this morning:

TRUMP called for the mob to be "strong" and "fight" and said he'd go with them to the Capitol.

TRUMP'S LAWYER urged "trial by combat."

TRUMP'S SON said to Congress, "we're coming for you, and we're going to have a good time doing it."

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-06-2021 at 04:31 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
conservatives are finally acting the way liberals have claimed they’ve been acting. and it ain’t pretty. and trump was an unbelievable jerk about it.
These people are in no way conservatives.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:27 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Watching the Trump cult you really understand the Waco and Jonestown phenomena a lot better.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Watching the Trump cult you really understand the Waco and Jonestown phenomena a lot better.
Ouch. Those didn’t end well
Old 01-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

A source close to the White House who is in touch with some of the rioters at the Capitol said it's the goal of those involved to stay inside the Capitol through the night.

How and why is someone close to the WH familiar enough with the rioters to be “in touch with them”? That tells me this is a coordinated effort. That’s called conspiracy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 04:40 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
These people are in no way conservatives.
i think a lot of them think they are.

i didn’t think the last days would be like this. i couldn’t have been more wrong.

i don’t see how a republican gets elected outside of a real right wing state for a long time. all
the democrats need to do is hang onto large scale mail in voting, and/or give voting rights to non citizens, and poof, that’s it.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:

i don’t see how a republican gets elected outside of a real right wing state for a long time. all
the democrats need to do is hang onto large scale mail in voting, and/or give voting rights to non citizens, and poof, that’s it.
Yup. They can make up all the votes they need
Old 01-06-2021, 04:43 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i think a lot of them think they are.

i didn’t think the last days would be like this. i couldn’t have been more wrong.

The republicans running against Trump in 2016 warned the party what Trump was and Trump's legacy won't be (sorry SD) that he is the greatest president of all time, it will be the he single handedly brought the republican party to it's demise.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:44 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:
A source close to the White House who is in touch with some of the rioters at the Capitol said it's the goal of those involved to stay inside the Capitol through the night.

How and why is someone close to the WH familiar enough with the rioters to be “in touch with them”? That tells me this is a coordinated effort. That’s called conspiracy.
Sounds like you have some sleuthing to do
Old 01-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds like you have some sleuthing to do
Don't worry, the DOJ has people who do sleuthing.

Lisa Monaco will be Deputy AG and has plenty of prosecution experience, probably bring back Andrew Weissman to help.
They won't be as nice as Mueller

This administration will set records for indictments.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #27
scottw

Looks like everyone is heading for cracker barrel
Old 01-06-2021, 05:20 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
The republicans running against Trump in 2016 warned the party what Trump was and Trump's legacy won't be (sorry SD) that he is the greatest president of all time, it will be the he single handedly brought the republican party to it's demise.
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).
Old 01-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).
look on the bright side...when the democrats have power they lose their minds and go WAYYY too far...that will happen...should be entertaining and provide lot's of material
Old 01-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
look on the bright side...when the democrats have power they lose their minds and go WAYYY too far...that will happen...should be entertaining and provide lot's of material
that’s typically true. but if they give voting rights to non citizens, there’s no such thing as going too far, because jen you’ve shifted the electorate to the left. it’s not something obama would have done. i can’t see why they wouldn’t do it now. nor can i see the way to overcome that, combined with the media.