Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #31
Jim in CT

one bright side, it’s good to see that the liberals here are, in fact, capable of opposing a riot.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-06-2021, 06:15 PM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
one bright side, it’s good to see that the liberals here are, in fact, capable of opposing a riot.
Peaceful protest is our right, beyond that you are just a thug and criminal. Doesn’t mean that there seems to be two different types of response based on the movement, unless you have blinders on.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Peaceful protest is our right, beyond that you are just a thug and criminal. Doesn’t mean that there seems to be two different types of response based on the movement, unless you have blinders on.
i didn’t say anything about peaceful
protests, which of course is our right. i said riot, which is no ones right. you condemned what happened today, and i agree with you 100%. but none of you has condemned anything done by antifa or blm, because those riots, and they were riots, weren’t an issue for you.

i’m not defending today. i’m more upset than you are, because i’ve had good reason until
today to hold the right to a higher standard. we’ve lived up to it. until effing Trump put on his al sharpton hat and hit hem all whipped up.

you couldn’t respond to what i said, so you pivot to peaceful protests, which are t what we’re talking about.

are you saying that the antics and blm demonstrations, and chaz this and autonomous that, were all peaceful? let’s be clear.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:12 PM   #34
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Didn’t you read my post I did condemn anything beyond our right to peaceful protest.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:21 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
before last night, i’d have said that was nonsense. now, i have no argument. none. except it’s not him that will be the demise, it’s the democrats willingness to change things to guarantee they prevail ( letting non citizens vote, stacking courts, etc).
Who just spent 6 years on court stacking?
Not confirming during the Obama administration and then putting anyone who seems to be on the right regardless of their qualifications and then you repeat the right wing trope of letting non citizens vote.
Your man just tried to deny American voters their choice in a free and fair election, far too many prominent Trumplicans were willing to abet him and cheer him on.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #36
Nebe

Million moron March
Old 01-06-2021, 07:46 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Didn’t you read my post I did condemn anything beyond our right to peaceful protest.
but did you condemn it, when democrats were doing the rioting? f so, you have true principles. if not, then you don’t.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
but did you condemn it, when democrats were doing the rioting? f so, you have true principles. if not, then you don’t.
Pull my post Jim and make me wrong..
Old 01-06-2021, 09:12 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump’s actions perfectly fit the legal definition of sedition: conspiring “by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof.”
Old 01-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Look what happens when fire meets fire
Old 01-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pull my post Jim and make me wrong..
i didn’t say that post was wrong. but can you point me to similar posts you made this summer, when liberals were burnt g neighborhoods to the ground? because i didn’t see you or spence or wdmso start any threads then. Why is that?
Old 01-06-2021, 09:21 PM   #42
scottw

Quote:

but did you condemn it, when democrats were doing the rioting?

I think we were told "this is what democracy looks like" and "sometimes change involves some pain"...or something like that
Old 01-06-2021, 09:22 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think we were told "this is what democracy looks like" and "sometimes change involves some pain"...or something like that
exactly.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:25 PM   #44
Jim in CT

chris cuomo this summer: “show me where it says protesters are supposed to be peaceful.”.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #45
scottw

Quote:
chris cuomo this summer: “show me where it says protesters are supposed to be peaceful.”.
oh there's a plethora of fine examples....

Nancy Pelosi "people are gonna do what people are gonna do"
Old 01-07-2021, 06:26 AM   #46
t.orlando

Love the media all clamoring how if they weren't white, they would all be getting shot....white privilege. Did they forget the 6-8 months of BLM/ Antifa riots that were met with no recourse? There hypocrisy is astounding, can't believe people fall for it. I just wanna know when I can go loot some Jordan's and TVs and #^&#^&#^&#^& in the street without getting in trouble.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:30 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

NEW: The FBI is appealing to the public for information that will assist federal investigators in identifying members of the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol building.

The bureau has created an intake website for tips, photos, and videos at: fbi.gov/USCapitol
Old 01-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
NEW: The FBI is appealing to the public for information that will assist federal investigators in identifying members of the pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol building.

The bureau has created an intake website for tips, photos, and videos at: fbi.gov/USCapitol
pete..if you scour the internets I bet you can be of great assistance to the authorities on this one...get on it

start with the dude in the hat with the horns and face paint...that should be low hanging fruit
Old 01-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #49
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
I just wanna know when I can go loot some Jordan's and TVs and #^&#^&#^&#^& in the street without getting in trouble.
Hundreds of people were arrested in those incidents. Many were the same right wing nuts who smashed their way into the capitol. Lots of street cam review in police work these days. In most cases, the news sources moved on to the next headline.

Imagine the rhetoric in this country if this had happened at the original million man march during an active session of congress.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:50 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete..if you scour the internets I bet you can be of great assistance to the authorities on this one...get on it

start with the dude in the hat with the horns and face paint...that should be low hanging fruit
Don’t worry, I’ll guarantee they already know who Jake Angelli is

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.orlando View Post
Love the media all clamoring how if they weren't white, they would all be getting shot....white privilege. Did they forget the 6-8 months of BLM/ Antifa riots that were met with no recourse? There hypocrisy is astounding, can't believe people fall for it. I just wanna know when I can go loot some Jordan's and TVs and #^&#^&#^&#^& in the street without getting in trouble.
i heard that stupid argument 100 times yesterday. this riot was met with force immediately and put down quickly. While BLM and antifa routed all summer
Old 01-07-2021, 09:03 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Baloney
A lawyer I know represented a client pro bono who was arrested at a protest of racial injustice in NYC because he was biking alongside a march and taking videos. They zip-tied him, threw him in a van, and held him for hours.

Contrast that to law enforcement response yesterday at the Capitol.

ZERO:
Press releases from US Capitol Police. Arrest lists from US Capitol Police. Explanations or statements from US Capitol Police. Words from their taxpayer-funded public information office .... After their most important day in at least two decades.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 09:07 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:

ZERO:
Press releases from US Capitol Police. Arrest lists from US Capitol Police. Explanations or statements from US Capitol Police. Words from their taxpayer-funded public information office .... After their most important day in at least two decades.
probably systemic racism....
Old 01-07-2021, 09:08 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Baloney
A lawyer I know represented a client pro bono who was arrested at a protest of racial injustice in NYC because he was biking alongside a march and taking videos. They zip-tied him, threw him in a van, and held him for hours.

ZERO:
Quote:
probably systemic racism....
He was black

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:

He was black
oh....then there's no question....
Old 01-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:

Don’t worry, I’ll guarantee they already know who Jake Angelli is

I bet his picture is on the wall of your bunker

hey, I don't approve of the people entering the Capitol building yesterday and I want anyone who broke laws yesterday held accountable...

but...

if I WAS going to storm the Capitol...that's what I'd be wearing...
Old 01-07-2021, 09:46 AM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

From the daughter of a former Capitol police officer

"I really wish someone would call my Dad, a retired Capitol Hill police officer (37yrs), to talk about the difference in preparation. The stories he’s telling me about prep for Farrakhan and others vs why yesterday happened the way it did is mind blowing.
He just told me about a time when Farrakhan was on the Hill with 4 men. Not 40. Not 14. FOUR. They had the SWAT Team in the garage and held the entire department until Farrakhan left.

He said if you even mentioned his name, all days off were canceled due to prep.

When Obama was elected he said they did a surprise background check on all of the police officers on the Hill. He said they had never done it since he was on the force & he was there from Nixon thru Obama.
He said they found out two officials, one Sgt and one Lt, were members of a racist motorcycle club. He said he the conditions are worse than when he was there b/c you don’t have the same voices & advocates on the force. He retired in 2009 & was the #1 senior person when he left.

He said since they got rid of the german shepherds and they got rid of the horses. He said if that was Black Lives Matter they would have called in Park Police horses for crowd control. He said there was NO crowd tools yesterday.

He said where the crowd tried to enter, where the lady was unfortunately killed, is where the members were located. He said when they entered that building all officers would have been within reason to do whatever was in their power to protect the senators & members of Congress.

He said normally, in a situation like yesterday you would have Capitol Police, Park & Metropolitan police working together when you know there’s a big crowd or demonstration. That didn’t happen yesterday. MD state troopers, VA state troopers & everyone else came AFTER the fact.

He said they had the intel and the chief did not prepare. PERIOD.

He said even before Black Lives Matter, any time you talk about Blacks, officials got scared and over prepared.

He said what makes it so bad is that the folks yesterday had weapons. And they knew that it was going to be a 50-50 chance that something could go wrong.

He said ask the people, where were the dogs?

He said because of who they were and because of who called them down there, they didn’t prepare...

He said who those people represented made a difference. Just like who Black Lives Matter represents makes a difference.

He said the sad thing is this has been going on for YEARS. He said instead of doing police reform they need to start with HILL REFORM. He said the good ole boy system starts at Capitol Hill. He said you have to change The Hill.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-07-2021, 10:11 AM   #59
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
I bet his picture is on the wall of your bunker

hey, I don't approve of the people entering the Capitol building yesterday and I want anyone who broke laws yesterday held accountable...

but...

if I WAS going to storm the Capitol...that's what I'd be wearing...
Have I ever described my younger brother for you all?
He has to be subject matter expert, about everything.
He like to command attention towards him by just speaking the most.
He likes to poke, prod, and poke again, thinking he is funny.
And then, pulls back with both hands held up, saying "I didn't do it!"
But always, always has to throw in that last barb, that last word...

So as the older brother, it was a balancing act. He annoyed most. Was disliked by many. I stopped physically defending him. And then was able to go away to school in the middle of my sophomore year. We are in our sixties now, yet I still have folks ask me if he is really my brother....

There are other more colorful adjectives I could use to describe his behavior but will pass on those.

Scott, your posts in this forum represent, to me anyway, the same sort of choices he would make, as I have described above. If nothing else, you have helped me determine the word that best describes him. Troll.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:13 AM   #60
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

Scott, your posts in this forum represent, to me anyway, the same sort of choices he would make, as I have described above. If nothing else, you have helped me determine the word that best describes him. Troll.