Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
MAC

Are the DEMS afraid ?

Personally I think McCain made a great choice with Palin as VP. Do you think Obamas followers are nervous ? Or wishing bama had picked Clinton to strengthen his ticket ?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
Flaptail

Given that he had only met Palin once before in his life before choosing her I would have to say he did it for the purely political gain of getting the womens vote especially those discontented Hillary supporters (female) who are still snakesh!t about Hillary not giving the acceptance speech for her parties nomination.

Got to love the pictures of Palin lining up the sights of an M-16. Given the realtively small number of people who are actually in the NRA as opposed to the actual number of registered gun owners in the USA they certainly do an admirable job of lobbying and political strong arming/scare tactics.

It's a long shot at best for the GOP in my opinion and the only one that gives McCain an outside chance. He was doomed with any other pick.

I just love being an un-enrolled voter, not having any real ties to a party gives you the freedom to objectively see the real picture.

Why even try.........
Old 08-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
Nebe

Slightly worried, but America is not voting for VP..
Old 08-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
MAC

That's how I see it. Being unenrolled does have its advantages.

My thoughts are the DEM party knew they were picking straws when they chose their parties nomination. A desperate attempt to try to gain the White House.

The REPS countered with an attempt to keep it. Not an easy task given the last 8 years.

They race is on now. Probably going to be a lot of mud slinging in the next 2 months. The DEMS figured they had it sewn up. All bets are off now.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
The DEMS figured they had it sewn up.
??? They've been close in the polls for some months. I don't think anyone thought they had it wrapped up.

-spence
Old 08-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
??? They've been close in the polls for some months. I don't think anyone thought they had it wrapped up.

-spence
agreed, BUT if ya listen to O's supporters they predict a landslide. Most of the polls I've seen for the last month have had McCain ahead though.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
agreed, BUT if ya listen to O's supporters they predict a landslide. Most of the polls I've seen for the last month have had McCain ahead though.
Well, the GOP has been predicting a landslide as well as Obama falls apart...so I guess you get it from both camps. I see some people wacking it (literally) from the McCain VP pick

And I don't know what polls you watch but it's been either a statistical tie or slight Obama lead from everything I've seen.

-spence
Old 08-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
MAC

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/straw-poll