Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Mitt Romney's speach

Gotta love the line,
One way to improve energy conservation, keep Al Gore's private jet grounded !!!

Maybe he should have included ,
Tell John Kerry to shut a few dozen light switches of in the dozens of houses he lives in !
Old 09-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
Nebe

how about... ah never mind.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 AM   #3
spence

Yes, because ultimately it's a hell of a lot easier to mock Al Gore's personality than deal with pressing global issues.

It's this crap that makes me sick of the GOP. I need to know how my son will heat his house in 2050.

-spence
Old 09-04-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yes, because ultimately it's a hell of a lot easier to mock Al Gore's personality than deal with pressing global issues.

It's this crap that makes me sick of the GOP. I need to know how my son will heat his house in 2050.

-spence
He's just pointing out the hipocracy of the left Spence. We hear the same sh@t from the them. And it's a valid point for the poster boy of global warming. If he wants to heat his house with oil we better start the process now. I think that's McCain's point. You can cry Global Warming all you want, but you better understand that firght now we are an oil driven world and we are sitting on plenty.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
He's just pointing out the hipocracy of the left Spence. We hear the same sh@t from the them. And it's a valid point for the poster boy of global warming. If he wants to heat his house with oil we better start the process now. I think that's McCain's point. You can cry Global Warming all you want, but you better understand that firght now we are an oil driven world and we are sitting on plenty.
If there was action from the Right you may have a point, but all I've seen is effort to delay any action while they ridiclule the easy targets. Remember when Bush denounced Kyoto and promised an alternative? That was 7 years ago and we're still waiting.

The mantra from the right is to make fun of your enemies rather than work to solve problems. They've taken the anti-government attitude of Reagan to the extreme in theory, where all the eggs are in the free market basket to solve long-term problems the free market isn't equiped to address.

At the same time they lambast big government the Bush administration has done everything to increase the size and reach of government!

Al Gore isn't the Lorax, he's a single person with an agenda. The hypocricy I care most about is leading our great Nation.

-spence
Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:

. I need to know how my son will heat his house in 2050.

-spence
he won't need to, Global Warming...remember???
Old 09-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
If there was action from the Right you may have a point, but all I've seen is effort to delay any action while they ridiclule the easy targets. Remember when Bush denounced Kyoto and promised an alternative? That was 7 years ago and we're still waiting.

The mantra from the right is to make fun of your enemies rather than work to solve problems. They've taken the anti-government attitude of Reagan to the extreme in theory, where all the eggs are in the free market basket to solve long-term problems the free market isn't equiped to address.

At the same time they lambast big government the Bush administration has done everything to increase the size and reach of government!

Al Gore isn't the Lorax, he's a single person with an agenda. The hypocricy I care most about is leading our great Nation.

-spence
Exactly.
social issues aside, war issues aside.

I am beyond tired of drill more now.
I'm not anti drilling, but any new drilling now will not even be a factor for at least 10 years (I know we said it 10 years ago, blah blah). We need to start thinking about the future with out readily available oil.
We have a lot less economically viable domestic oil than you guys think. Alaska will not suddenly fix our oil issues.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

That was my point, the democrats do as I say, not as I do attitude !
Old 09-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #9
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Exactly.
social issues aside, war issues aside.

I am beyond tired of drill more now.
I'm not anti drilling, but any new drilling now will not even be a factor for at least 10 years (I know we said it 10 years ago, blah blah). We need to start thinking about the future with out readily available oil.
We have a lot less economically viable domestic oil than you guys think. Alaska will not suddenly fix our oil issues.
Not only that, but if we do drill like mad, Opec will only lower production and limit supply to keep prices up. I am surprised that no one is mentioning this...
Old 09-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he won't need to, Global Warming...remember???
I assume that's a joke?

Things could actually be even worse than people realize. Most of the projections have used anticipated industrial growth data from the last 15 years that was 1/2 of what we've actually seen globally.

-spence
Old 09-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #11
slapshot

Gore's message, regardless of whether he is correct, would be much more effective if he toured the country in a biodiesel bus like Willie Nelson has been doing for years.

bluefish Jihadist
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #12
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
That was my point, the democrats do as I say, not as I do attitude !
Wow, so obviously the republican message for kids of abstinence only is working great?

Riiiiight.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #13
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Wow, so obviously the republican message for kids of abstinence only is working great?

Riiiiight.
What your source that Republican's are for abstinence only? I'm for keeping sex ed out of the schools. But if your going to teach every aspect of sex incuding oral, gay, anal. masterbation, all forms of birth control including abortion. etc. why not teach abstinence also. It does work when practiced. And it's the only method that works 100% if practiced.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #14
spence

If I remember we've spent 1.5 Billion dollars on abstinence only programs...and all the numbers show they don't work.

Kids have sex, it's part of our biology as humans.

Instead let's teach girls they shouldn't be ashamed of their bodies and perhaps people would have more respect. I'm also a fan of strong fathers in this equation.

-spence
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
buckman

From what I see, when I pick my kid up at school. Girls are not ashamed of their bodies at all. Source on the 1.5 billion please....
Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post

Riiiiight.

I, for one, am planning on hammering that into my daughter's head....with a real hammer if necessary

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
From what I see, when I pick my kid up at school. Girls are not ashamed of their bodies at all. Source on the 1.5 billion please....
Use your Google, plenty of references. It's been going on since Reagan.

-spence
Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #18
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I, for one, am planning on hammering that into my daughter's head....with a real hammer if necessary
I have been doing it too. She's 19 now and so far so good. No grandchildren yet. I use this method
Old 09-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #19
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Ski Quicks Hole