Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-19-2005, 10:26 AM   #31
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Electrical tape

I remember Wendy more for the tape than for her music.....

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:46 AM   #32
Jimbo

I think it was 1978, summertime, I went to see this band at the Compass lounge no one had ever heard of before. Bought an record they had for $3 and took it back to college in the fall. That Cars album was played so much it was worn out by Christmas break and they had skyrocketed to hugely popular.
Once in 1976, in high school, it was a snowy day and alot of kids didn't even make it in to school. We get an announcement to go to the auditorium for a special event. There's Harry Chapin sitting on a stool playing guitar. Only one of his backup guys made it so it was pretty much all Harry. Said he'd been working on a new song and wondered if we'd give ourt opinion......we some of the first to hear Cat's In The Cradle.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #33
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I remember Miss Williams with whipped cream for a bra and being closed down for doing leud acts with the mic stand. I couldn't handle the volume of a band like that now and I am as deaf as a haddock. P.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #34
Bigcat

The Fugs

Fly & Light Tackle Fishing
Bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:39 AM   #35
Van
zoom

DTF, THATS HER where the hell did you find that cover??

The show I saw she trashed various appliances with a sledgehammer, and dropped them off a ladder. (As best as i can remember) it was in
the 70's-80's ya know !! WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee.....

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #36
MartinD18

Big Bo - Roomful, definitely! Back in the day with Duke Robbilaird.... there are still a few of original members but when they went more toward frat house rock I lost interest. Duke is STILL the man, as far as I'm concerned. Pure class, not a bazillion notes per second like some, but every note is the right one. Saw Roomful dozens of times in the early - mid 70s, they actually played *in the rain, under a tiny tent* at my sister in laws high school graduation party on the beach at Esker Point in Groton, CT! Also saw them many times at the Knickerbocker in Westerly - what a place - and man, those RI kids who grew up with them knew how to swing dance waaaay before it got popular again. Many of them were so good you didn't even want to get out on the dance floor. Groups like Voodoo Daddy are a pale imitation.
Also, a singer/songwriter named Randy Burns from New Haven. He was great and had a really fine acoustic band and could have been as big as J. Taylor or J. Browne or any of them but the bottle did him in. sad.
MartinD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #37
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
DTF, THATS HER where the hell did you find that cover??
The internet is a wonderful place....just ask and ye shall receive

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #38
BigBo

MartinD18, that's the stuff brother! Duke and the Drivers before that too. I still like to listen. Never get tired.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote