Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
All that and nobody has bothered to mention the most basic and important aspect of this case.

-spence
Which is what?

Tragicially, a kid got killed. That's something that needs to be investigated, and lo and behold, the state (and the feds) are investigating. As far as I can tell, the system is working perfectly.

Now, professional agitators, and other liberal media types who view everything through the prism of black versus white, are painting this as a white lynching. Is Zimmerman even white?

Earth to race-baiters...it's not always about race.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It is the constant lumping together of everyone into the same group b/c you hate liberals. B/c you think you can make a connections, you constantly do it. It didn't ruin the thread for me. It just shows how much hate you seem to have inside you.

Get over yourself. How many sentences have you started with "tea baggers...". SO it's OK for you to make generalizations, but no one else can do it?

You, the one who loves the term tea-baggers, is claiming I'm full of hate. Interesting...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
All that and nobody has bothered to mention the most basic and important aspect of this case.

-spence
how is that politics? Very few of the basic elements have been released, mostly speculation and opinion. The most important and basic aspect of the case is EVIDENCE. Very little has been released.

The cops that arrived at the scene must have been able to tell if Zimmerman was injured. If Trayvon was involved in any physical conflict, he would have bruises on his hands if he hit Zimm. Whats the autopsy say? DNA? Scene of altercatin?There should be some good evidence any way you look at it but the evidence has not been released.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #34
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Which is what?

Tragicially, a kid got killed. That's something that needs to be investigated, and lo and behold, the state (and the feds) are investigating. As far as I can tell, the system is working perfectly.

Now, professional agitators, and other liberal media types who view everything through the prism of black versus white, are painting this as a white lynching. Is Zimmerman even white?

Earth to race-baiters...it's not always about race.
best ever - Zimmerman was reported by the media as a "white hispanic" Absolutely brilliant!
That would make president O a white african american. Nope, no media bias here!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Get over yourself. How many sentences have you started with "tea baggers...". SO it's OK for you to make generalizations, but no one else can do it?

You, the one who loves the term tea-baggers, is claiming I'm full of hate. Interesting...
Go look at all my use of the term teabaggers. I bet you'll find that it is all in response to your making generalizations about liberals.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #36
Sea Dangles

He got suspended from school for 10 days the day of his death.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #37
zimmy

Originally Posted by zimmy
"the real criminals?" They are criminals, yes, but the real criminals implies that the guy who follows and shoots an unarmed kid is not a criminal. That isn't what you meant, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
So you must know this as fact. Please tell us how.
I am not sure what you mean. "know this as fact?" What are you talking about? The black panthers? Yes, the bounty makes them criminals. As far as Zimmerman, there is no disputing that he followed the kid. The kid was unarmed. The kid got shot. No one disputes that.

Last edited by zimmy; 04-02-2012 at 01:53 PM..

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #38
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He got suspended from school for 10 days the day of his death.
Marijuana possession. Definitely reason to get followed and shot walking back to your girlfriends place. Is this a different discussion if it is an adult black guy who follows an unarmed kid and shoots him? What if Trayvon pulled a weapon and defended himself with it?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #39
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
"the real criminals?" They are criminals, yes, but the real criminals implies that the guy who follows and shoots an unarmed kid is not a criminal. That isn't what you meant, is it?

I am not sure what you mean. "know this as fact?" What are you talking about? The black panthers? Yes, the bounty makes them criminals. As far as Zimmerman, there is no disputing that he followed the kid. The kid was unarmed. The kid got shot. No one disputes that.
I missed it...what crime has Zimmerman been charged and convicted of?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #40
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Marijuana possession. Definitely reason to get followed and shot walking back to your girlfriends place. Is this a different discussion if it is an adult black guy who follows an unarmed kid and shoots him? What if Trayvon pulled a weapon and defended himself with it?
I dont think anyone is saying he deserved it. I think people are putting out facts that may or may not have relevance. The media and news reports have been pretty one sided. Originally I thought this was a little boy that was killed based on the pics and reaction. Now it seems were dealing with more that originally thought. Let the investigation happen and lets review the evidence.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #41
Sea Dangles

Zimmy, you have a bright future as an interpreter of sorts. Every statement I make you have an uncanny ability to interpret to your liking. A Kreskin-like gift you either developed or were born with,kudos.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #42
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Apparently in a 3 day period in the same week this kid was killed in Florida , in Obama's home city of Chicago there were 23 murders.
Don't think Obama made a comment on one of them nor did Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton.
I'll bet $ all 23 in Chicago were black on black murders !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #43
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I bet you are 100% correct Ron!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #44
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Apparently in a 3 day period in the same week this kid was killed in Florida , in Obama's home city of Chicago there were 23 murders.
Don't think Obama made a comment on one of them nor did Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton.
I'll bet you got that from a retarded e-mail forward thats completely wrong!

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #45
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
And I'll bet all of these were acts of murder, homicide or manslaughter. From what I've read the actual rate of guns used to kill in self defense is really, really low.

In the Zimmerman situation, you have a guy with multiple arrests for violence, who's carrying when he's not supposed to be, perusing a person he's not supposed to be and placing himself into harms way by engaging with someone he himself has declared suspicious which he also knows he's not supposed to be doing. The police would have known all this when he was in custody.

The lead investigator doesn't believe his story and wants him held and charged with manslaughter.

Because he claims self defense the burden is now on the police to find enough evidence he's lying, which the State says they don't have, so he walks a few hours later after killing a teenager with a bag of Skittles.

Something really isn't right here.

-spence
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #46
zimmy

Quote:
Zimmy, you have a bright future as an interpreter of sorts. Every statement I make you have an uncanny ability to interpret to your liking. A Kreskin-like gift you either developed or were born with,kudos.
What was your reason for posting the information for then? Maybe if you elaborated, others wouldn't have to extrapolate meaning. Did you post that to point out what a terribly crappy day he had that started with suspension for pot and ended in the morgue? I guess I am not Kreskin, heck I can't remember responding to your other posts. I will refrain from now on

Quote:
I missed it...what crime has Zimmerman been charged and convicted of?
Oh, is it the act, the arrest, or the conviction that makes someone a criminal? The lack of arrest precludes him from being a criminal? If so, then so does the lack of conviction. I guess the black panthers you referenced aren't criminals then, either. What were you talking about then?

Quote:
And I'll bet all of these were acts of murder, homicide or manslaughter.
-spence
Spence, the facts of the cases are irrelevant. Haven't you learned anything here? It doesn't matter that the lead investigator recommended arrest in this case. The faulty use of a self defense laws is irrelevant. You are so nuts, you probably think that a jury should decide the merits of the case, rather than have a police department overrule the lead investigator. Crazy anti-constitution liberal.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #47
Sea Dangles

Zimmerman has stood trial for assaulting a police officer.

I still don't know why the media insist on showing only pictures of Trayvon as an 11 year old.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #48
spence

Quote:
I still don't know why the media insist on showing only pictures of Trayvon as an 11 year old.
I'm not sure there are that many to choose from. A quick Google image search only shows the younger photo, the hoodie photo and a few random ones with his dad.

-spence
Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
Spence, the facts of the cases are irrelevant. Haven't you learned anything here? It doesn't matter that the lead investigator recommended arrest in this case. The faulty use of a self defense laws is irrelevant. You are so nuts, you probably think that a jury should decide the merits of the case, rather than have a police department overrule the lead investigator. Crazy anti-constitution liberal.
I don't think Zimmerman is a monster, most likely he just really, really, really, really 'effed up.

What does surprise me though is how the State responded to the event. While Zimmerman has rights to be respected, it seems like they really rushed him out the door and back on the street.

Why?

-spence
Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #50
buckman

Quote:
Oh, is it the act, the arrest, or the conviction that makes someone a criminal? The lack of arrest precludes him from being a criminal? If so, then so does the lack of conviction. I guess the black panthers you referenced aren't criminals then, either. What were you talking about then?
You don't know what "the act" was or how it happened. He has not been arrested or convicted. I'm pretty sure then he should not be called a criminal.
I never said anything about the black panthers.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #51
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
I don't think Zimmerman is a monster, most likely he just really, really, really, really 'effed up.

What does surprise me though is how the State responded to the event. While Zimmerman has rights to be respected, it seems like they really rushed him out the door and back on the street.

Why?

-spence
Spence, here is WHY

look at the EVIDENCE immediatly after the incident. Witnesses account that they saw MARTIN holding down Zimmerman. Police officer at the scene noted that zimmerman had wounds to his nose and back of his head.
there you go, thats enough evidence that Zimmerman acted in self defence.
Its not a cut and dry case as some are making it out to be.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #52
zimmy

Quote:
Then you have the black panther gangstas putting a bounty out and the real criminals come to light....
Quote:
Quote:
So you must know this as fact. Please tell us how.
Quote:

Quote:
You don't know what "the act" was or how it happened. He has not been arrested or convicted. I'm pretty sure then he should not be called a criminal.
I never said anything about the black panthers.

The chain of responses is above. As I said, I didn't know what you were referring to when you said "so you know this as fact." It was an ambiguous statement. Someone else brought up who the "real criminals are" right before your post. I don't know if he is a criminal. I didn't bring that up. I do know that the lead investigator recommended arrest. It should go through the courts. That is the crux of the problem. Let the judicial system decide the case. Trayvon had him pinned to the ground? So what? What about his right to defend himself? He was followed at night by a guy twice his size. It should go to the courts. Who made the decision not to arrest him?? That isn't even clear. I support right to defend, but the burden falls on the defender to show force was necessary. Otherwise, we have a lawless society.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #53
Sea Dangles

interpreter

The courts will sort it out,Florida has unique gun laws.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #54
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
interpreter

They're 'stand your ground' not 'follow black kids around'.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
zimmy

Quote:
interpreter

Of what is this an interpretation? The courts don't get to sort it out without an arrest.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #56
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Spence, here is WHY

look at the EVIDENCE immediatly after the incident. Witnesses account that they saw MARTIN holding down Zimmerman. Police officer at the scene noted that zimmerman had wounds to his nose and back of his head.
there you go, thats enough evidence that Zimmerman acted in self defence.
Its not a cut and dry case as some are making it out to be.
Interesting thing is that one witness says that he couldn't see the details because it was dark. Police grilled him, and according the the witnesses mother, pressured him into choosing a sweatshirt color by multiple choice. Other witnesses say they heard what sounded like a child cry out right before the shot. Add to that the video footage that shows no evidence of injury to Zimmerman and it is pretty clear the courts should decide.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #57
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
They're 'stand your ground' not 'follow black kids around'.
I know Ted.
He does have the right to defend himself with deadly force though.
Brockton could use a vigilante,keeps the animals in line.
Kids will think twice before packing skittles now.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #58
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Of what is this an interpretation? The courts don't get to sort it out without an arrest.
Then I will refer to it as the "legal system".
Give it a chance to work before assuming judge and jury responsibilities.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #59
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Interesting thing is that one witness says that he couldn't see the details because it was dark. Police grilled him, and according the the witnesses mother, pressured him into choosing a sweatshirt color by multiple choice. Other witnesses say they heard what sounded like a child cry out right before the shot. Add to that the video footage that shows no evidence of injury to Zimmerman and it is pretty clear the courts should decide.
that was yesterdays news..

Enhanced surveillance images of George Zimmerman, the man who admitted shooting the teen but claimed self-defense, appear to show a bump, mark or injury on the back of his head.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #60
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Then I will refer to it as the "legal system".
Give it a chance to work before assuming judge and jury responsibilities.
exactly