Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Fly Rod

Where Have The Liberals Gone

Went to the coffee shop this morning as I do every morning at 5:00AM and after two hours I noticed that there were no liberals to be found. Usually by 7 half the place is packed with liberals, they weren't out celebrating. Where could they have gone?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Went to the coffee shop this morning as I do every morning at 5:00AM and after two hours I noticed that there were no liberals to be found. Usually by 7 half the place is packed with liberals, they weren't out celebrating. Where could they have gone?
first of all, what are you doing 2hrs each morning in a coffee shop?
Second, I find it hard to beleive liberals are out of bed by 7am

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
first of all, what are you doing 2hrs each morning in a coffee shop?
Second, I find it hard to beleive liberals are out of bed by 7am
Why wake up early if you have no job to go to?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Fly Rod

You both have a good point about liberals not getting out of bed till 7.

RIJMMY:
First, there is nothing else to do so early with the boat being in the yard. We start out talking about the weather and what was going on around town the day before, police notes and of course the obituary colunm, local and national sports, then we get into solving all the worlds problems. One of the hot topics this morning was about Stripers Forever wanting to end commercial fishing for stripers in Mass.

JohnnyD:
I do have a job, I work from my virtual home office which requires me to be on the computer for a couple of hours and periodically through out the day. Should have got into this line of work a long time ago. The work that I do works great with my charter business and have done a couple of million dollar sales(wish I had more of the top end) while on the water.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
JohnnyD:
I do have a job, I work from my virtual home office which requires me to be on the computer for a couple of hours and periodically through out the day. Should have got into this line of work a long time ago. The work that I do works great with my charter business and have done a couple of million dollar sales(wish I had more of the top end) while on the water.
I was poking fun at liberals and making a vague reference to how many liberals promote increases to welfare.

Sounds like your work situation is excellent. Mine is very similar, with regards to flexibility. As long as I don't have meetings or events scheduled, there is really no point of me going into work. For me, time in the office is to make sure everything is running smoothly, updating current projects and making phone calls.

Also, congrats on sales. I've confirmed 1 sale while out fishing. Few things better than completing a deal while in the middle of taking part in a hobby you love.