Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-22-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
Jim in CT

FL provides examples of political bias in banned textbooks

I love the graphic from one math text that shows racism by political affiliation. Shocker, it says conservatives are the most racist.

Just what should be taught in public school math class.

When you know you can't win an honest debate with adults, you start indoctrinating kids, who don't know any better.

Nah, there's no liberal bias in academia...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...public-schools
Old 04-22-2022, 02:58 PM   #2
wdmso

while displaying a graph suggesting conservatives are more inclined to be racially biased.

They are!!! Ron just axed black members of congress in his I repeat his maps which he claims are Race neutral

So if your a minority race neutral means Stfu and let the majority speak
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
while displaying a graph suggesting conservatives are more inclined to be racially biased.

They are!!! Ron just axed black members of congress in his I repeat his maps which he claims are Race neutral

So if your a minority race neutral means Stfu and let the majority speak
“they are!!!!”

well, you do have three exclamation points, and that’s a compelling argument.

The party of segregation and Robert Byrd, the party that opposes school
choice and wants an abortion clinic on every street corner in black cities, doesn’t get to lecture anybody on race.

But man, those three exclamation points make a good point!

democrats in CT gerrymandered turbine conservative house district a few years back, re drew it so it included the city of waterbury, made it permanently blue.

but it’s not gerrymandering when you do it.

“conservatives are racist!!!”

easier to say that, than to explain why i support school choice and why you oppose it.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:31 PM   #4
wdmso

Jim this is the disclaimer about your examples from Fla government

Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public and presented no conflict in sharing them. These examples do not represent an exhaustive list of input received by the Department. The Department is continuing to give publishers the opportunity to remediate all deficiencies identified during the review to ensure the broadest selection of high quality instructional materials are available to the school districts and Florida’s students.

Did you read that Jim

the following are examples provided to the department by the public

Same people claiming pedos and grooming at Disney

Same people who claim the don’t say gay bill is protecting children lol
Old 04-22-2022, 05:12 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim this is the disclaimer about your examples from Fla government

Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public and presented no conflict in sharing them. These examples do not represent an exhaustive list of input received by the Department. The Department is continuing to give publishers the opportunity to remediate all deficiencies identified during the review to ensure the broadest selection of high quality instructional materials are available to the school districts and Florida’s students.

Did you read that Jim

the following are examples provided to the department by the public

Same people claiming pedos and grooming at Disney

Same people who claim the don’t say gay bill is protecting children lol
so what if they were given by the lu mic to the state?

if those things are in the book, the book has no place in public school.

wayne, if you want schools
that indoctrinate and churn out thoughtless liberal lemming zombies like you, it’s a free country. But start your own schools to do it. you can’t do it on my dime with my kids.

i’m sorry if that’s too fast for you.

would you understand it better if i used three exclamation points and out emojis in there like a teenager?
Old 04-22-2022, 06:05 PM   #6
Jim in CT

wdmso, if liberal governments can tell chick fil a they can’t do business in those places for having the wrong political views, why can’t FL tell
disney “you can do business here, but we’re not giving you special treatment”.

isn’t banning chick-fil- a a much harsher form of political retribution?

everything is ok when liberals do it.

hypocrisy.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-22-2022 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-22-2022, 07:16 PM   #7
detbuch

Old 04-22-2022, 07:53 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry
Trumplicans are great examples of conservative morals

Exclusive: Madison Cawthorn photos reveal him wearing women’s lingerie in public setting

So how do you prepare for the level of Discourse that "homophobic, conservative Christian congressman has photos surface of him in women's lingerie" provokes?

Old 04-22-2022, 08:19 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Sounds like he's Gender Fluid, you should probably dedicate a month to him
Old 04-22-2022, 08:27 PM   #10
detbuch

Gender fluidity is only acceptable when Democrats do it.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:49 PM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Ahhhhhh, other wise it's a mental disorder, got it.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:49 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Whatever smokes your shorts boys, I’ll stay on my side of the road
Old 04-23-2022, 07:31 AM   #13
wdmso

So let's review Republicans throughout the country have taken up stands against it LLGBTQ people trans people supposedly dirty books and children's libraries who is on Disney pedophilia groomers everything based on at best dubious examples of book here one page out of a who knows textbook from somewhere else and yet they they cried all this is proof this is proof this is the evidence that we said existed as if it's some grand scheme from the liberal left to indoctrinate our children in the nation .

however when it comes to January 6 thousands and thousands and hours of video testimony text messages actual recordings from Republic officials throughout the country and yet conservatives love to suggest that there is not a coup attempt. it wasn't an insurrection it was just free speech and few bad actors

The links Republicans will go to excuse and deflect it it’s it’s amazing

And now Jim is trying to compare Chick-fil-A to what Ron DeSantis did to Disney Just more examples of Jim’s false equivalency’s Chick-fil-A’s are in my town they’re all over the place yeah one or two examples of a community who doesn’t wanna discriminating business in their community you compare that to Walt Disney. ? Ron got his panties in a bunch because Disney pushed back against his policy . and he decided to exact retribution on the company and Now the residents of that county are stuck with over $1 billion in debt tbecause Ron had to Own the libs and Disney !
what happened to Chick-fil-A in a few examples were local officials not the states Governor
Yet there’s another community in Florida with the same status as Disney called the villages but apparently since its a conservative environment Ron did not feel the need to change their status!

So I guess Ron asked himself what would Putin do.. and did what Putin would do . Destroy his enemy for his benefit. Not Floridas
Old 04-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #14
Jim in CT

who’s bashing lgbtq? i’ve been in favor of gay marriage since way before most liberals

but i also recognize that even non-gays have rights. Your side tries to say that’s gay bashing.

america is sick of it.
Old 04-23-2022, 09:10 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Floriduh’s going down the road taken by Orban in Hungary.
To build an authoritarian state, the First Amendment must be sacrificed. And you know what happens next: “First they came for Mickey Mouse, and I did not speak out—because I was not a rodent. . .”
Old 04-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Floriduh’s going down the road taken by Orban in Hungary.
To build an authoritarian state, the First Amendment must be sacrificed. And you know what happens next: “First they came for Mickey Mouse, and I did not speak out—because I was not a rodent. . .”
I thought we were told that Citizens United gave corporations the power to run the government.
Old 04-23-2022, 11:00 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I thought we were told that Citizens United gave corporations the power to run the government.
and he’s on with it when liberal government forbid chick fil a from doing business.

he’s kind of all over the place…flip flopping…tough to see what his underlying principle is…unless…wait a minute…could
it be, that his only principle is that the liberal is always right and the conservative is always wrong?

he’ll flip flop 180 degrees on the same issue, on the same day, to always be on the side of the left.

always.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #18
wdmso

DeSantis saves Florida kids from being indoctrinated with math

Problem 1: In an election, the Republican candidate gets 232 electoral votes and the Democratic candidate gets 306. Who won?

Problem 2: Florida had 153 coronavirus deaths per 100,000 people over the past year while California had only 58 per 100,000. How much higher is Florida’s death rate?
Answer: I’m going to do my own research.

It’s easy to laugh at Florida’s claim that it rejected 28 math textbooks over “publishers’ attempts to indoctrinate students”

Only if your a cult member

The right is Disney land we’re everything is make believe lies are truths and it’s the whitest happiest place on earth
Old 04-23-2022, 02:25 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
DeSantis saves Florida kids from being indoctrinated with math

Problem 1: In an election, the Republican candidate gets 232 electoral votes and the Democratic candidate gets 306. Who won?

Problem 2: Florida had 153 coronavirus deaths per 100,000 people over the past year while California had only 58 per 100,000. How much higher is Florida’s death rate?
Answer: I’m going to do my own research.

It’s easy to laugh at Florida’s claim that it rejected 28 math textbooks over “publishers’ attempts to indoctrinate students”

Only if your a cult member

The right is Disney land we’re everything is make believe lies are truths and it’s the whitest happiest place on earth
hey math man, what’s the percentage of california’s population that’s elderly, compared to florida?

to quote you, that’s a false equivalence. except it’s an actual false equivalence, because you need to normalize for differences in elderly population.

wdmso, are you in favor of states making huge companies pay their taxes, or not? liberals seem to be inconsistent on this issue.

if you’re on with liberal places banning chick fil a,,what is desantis a totalitarian communist for not rolling out the red carpet for disney?
Old 04-23-2022, 05:09 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Ah yes the illiberal duo attack again, they are trained to respond to the Dog Whistling tuned to the most intolerant illiberal elements in our society
Old 04-24-2022, 08:35 AM   #21
wdmso

Jim and the rest of the Maga cults wheels flew off their bus with the suggested misbehaving of the IRS against Conservatives they yell and scream about The lie from the the right. That the Doj was going after parents ..

But cheer Abbot for shutting the truck crossing costing billions
Or Ron’s who been in office since 2018. Magical crusade pass laws in his last term before reelection
All targets of gGOPQ talking points transgenders gays CRT. Protection of children from pedos and Grooming and Disney the embodiment of liberalism leaving community’s and tax payers with billions and a certain tax increase of 300to 400. For homeowners and much more for Business

But it all good owning the libs is considered leadership

Also Jim. You feeling Fla has more old people than California is just that a feeling

By Total: California has the highest number of seniors in the U.S. with a total of 5,148,448 residents ages 65 and older. But that is likely because California also has the highest population out of the states. Second in line is Florida, with a total number of 3,926,889 seniors.

moving the goal post again are you now claiming Disney paid no tax

Because again wrong

Walt Disney World paid $780.3 million in state and local taxes in 2021

Just admit it Ron used his position as Governor of Fla to retaliate against 1 its largest employers for a campaign ad to use in the Republican primaries
Do you think if he was potus and a Republican controlled both houses .they will play by the rules

I am bet it would be revenge time from company’s to individuals to Rinos or any state who in the past present or future dare criticize the GOP
Old 04-24-2022, 12:53 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim and the rest of the Maga cults wheels flew off their bus with the suggested misbehaving of the IRS against Conservatives they yell and scream about The lie from the the right. That the Doj was going after parents ..

But cheer Abbot for shutting the truck crossing costing billions
Or Ron’s who been in office since 2018. Magical crusade pass laws in his last term before reelection
All targets of gGOPQ talking points transgenders gays CRT. Protection of children from pedos and Grooming and Disney the embodiment of liberalism leaving community’s and tax payers with billions and a certain tax increase of 300to 400. For homeowners and much more for Business

But it all good owning the libs is considered leadership

Also Jim. You feeling Fla has more old people than California is just that a feeling

By Total: California has the highest number of seniors in the U.S. with a total of 5,148,448 residents ages 65 and older. But that is likely because California also has the highest population out of the states. Second in line is Florida, with a total number of 3,926,889 seniors.

moving the goal post again are you now claiming Disney paid no tax

Because again wrong

Walt Disney World paid $780.3 million in state and local taxes in 2021

Just admit it Ron used his position as Governor of Fla to retaliate against 1 its largest employers for a campaign ad to use in the Republican primaries
Do you think if he was potus and a Republican controlled both houses .they will play by the rules

I am bet it would be revenge time from company’s to individuals to Rinos or any state who in the past present or future dare criticize the GOP
my god man, you go by which state has the highest percentage of seniors. not which state has the larger absolute number of seniors.

if absolute numbers are the gauge, CA has way more deaths then FL. Therefore using your logic, CA performed worse.

you might have paid more (some) attention to school.

Old 04-24-2022, 06:21 PM   #23
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1226112]my god man, you go by which state has the highest percentage of seniors. not which state has the larger absolute number of seniors.

if absolute numbers are the gauge, CA has way more deaths then FL. Therefore using your logic, CA performed worse.

I’ve got a feeling he was too busy being bullied in school

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-25-2022, 05:10 AM   #24
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie;1226121]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
my god man, you go by which state has the highest percentage of seniors. not which state has the larger absolute number of seniors.

I’ve got a feeling he was too busy being bullied in school
when using percentages makes FL look worse, he uses percentages. When using absolute. numbers makes FL look worse, he uses absolute numbers. Goes back and forth and thinks no one sees.

FL is growing and thriving. It’s doing so, despite having no state income tax.

When you can offer a comparable product ( or a superior product) at a lower price, that’s called “winning.”

And my god are they scared of Desantis’ winning again and again. As of right now, he’s an absolute rock star.

Doesn’t matter if trump runs, sadly.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:41 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Ron DeSantis’s free state is ranked number three in most book bans.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:11 AM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
when using percentages makes FL look worse, he uses percentages. When using absolute. numbers makes FL look worse, he uses absolute numbers. Goes back and forth and thinks no one sees.

FL is growing and thriving. It’s doing so, despite having no state income tax.

When you can offer a comparable product ( or a superior product) at a lower price, that’s called “winning.”

And my god are they scared of Desantis’ winning again and again. As of right now, he’s an absolute rock star.

Doesn’t matter if trump runs, sadly.
Only you Jim think iam the one doing the math. Again you fail to post any facts where I have.

You make nonsensical claims then try to accuse me of not being accurate

which state has the highest percentage of seniors. not which state has the larger absolute number of seniors.

Wow even the State of Maine. has a high percentage of elderly than Fla Jim Yet now you abandoned per thousand metric ? Why

https://www.prb.org/resources/which-...re-the-oldest/

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-25-2022 at 10:32 AM..
Old 04-25-2022, 08:30 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Only you Jim think iam the one doing the math. Again you fail to post any facts where I have.

You make nonsensical claims then try to accuse me of not being accurate

which state has the highest percentage of seniors. not which state has the larger absolute number of seniors.

Wow even the State of Maine. has a high percentage of elderly than Fla Jim Yet now you abandoned per thousand metric ? Why

"Only you Jim think iam the one doing the math. Again you fail to post any facts where I have. "

You use cherry-picked facts that contain flip-flopping logic.

Your last post, you tried to deny FL las a higher senior population by showing that CA has more seniors (ignoring rates). Fine. Using your logic, let's assume that absolute numbers are what matter, not percentages/rates.

According to these facts in my link, CA has has 89,000 deaths. FL has had 74,000 deaths.

CA has had 15,000 more deaths, despite imposing more severe lockdowns, despite keeping kids out of school longer.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...19-spread-map/

"Wow even the State of Maine. has a high percentage of elderly than Fla Jim"

I never, ever said FL has a higher % of seniors than Maine. I said it has a higher % of seniors than CA. Here are some more facts, showing I am 100% correct. FL has the second-highest elderly population (by %) in the country, behind only ME, and it has way more than CA, which is ranked 45th.

Again, as always, you are responding to things I never came close to saying. I never, ever said FL had a higher senior % than ME.

When you compare states for covid, you compare death rates. And because covid obviously is way riskier for the elderly, statistics 101 would dictate that you must normalize every state's data for differences in elderly population. Essentially, what you have to do, is figure out what death rates would be, by state, if every state had the same % of elderly citizens. Very, very simple statistics.

Here are those facts. When you do an age-adjusted comparison of death rates, CA is still better than FL, but FL is way way better than NY, and we were told all along that Gov Cuomo was "the gold standard" in terms of managing covid.

https://www.bioinformaticscro.com/bl...-covid-deaths/

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-25-2022 at 10:33 AM..
Old 04-25-2022, 08:54 AM   #28
wdmso

Florida ranked 31. California 38

Number 1. Mississippi

The problem Jim you keep cheerleading for Ron

But the numbers don’t add up..

As I’ve said if you didn’t post nonsensical stuff their would be no reason to respond.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:06 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:

Florida ranked 31. California 38

Number 1. Mississippi

The problem Jim you keep cheerleading for Ron

But the numbers don’t add up..

As I’ve said if you didn’t post nonsensical stuff their would be no reason to respond.
how come you left out NY, I wonder?

when comparing states, you also have to consider the severity of the lockdowns.

Floridians love the way their state handled covid. They don’t care that you’re trying to poke holes in it because you don’t like their governor.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:56 AM   #30
Jim in CT

and wdmso, i’ll say this, when Sesantis started lifting lockdowns and opening up, i thought he was insane.

it it turns out we were a lot more ruthless in ourselves than we needed to be. Which required us to spend trillions, to undo the damage if the unnecessary lockdowns, which exacerbated inflation.

we did a lot of this to ourselves.