Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Clammer

Thumbs down GOOD OL,E USA ><><>><

HAVE WE GROWN ??????

A JUDGE IN LOUISIANA REFUSED TO GRANT A MARIAGE LICENSE TO A INTERRACIAL COUPLE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BECAUSE HE WAS CONCERN FOR THE CHILDREN OF THE COUPLE ><>><>< IF THEY HAD HAD ANY :::

WICKED %$%$%$%$ED UP ><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Saltheart

Please say this was in 1847 and not 2009!!

Unreal

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
JohnnyD

Stories like this that come from the South are of no surprise to me. Those people are at least 30 years behind the rest of the country.

I don't think you can say the Good Ole USA. Those people are practically from a different nation. I mean come on, we're talking about an area where they hold Civil War Reenactments where the Confederacy actually wins.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
Clammer

TODAY,S MSN ><><><><

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 10-16-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
Raven

another for the sake of the children feeble excuse

does this guy not read?

in the future it is said that the whole population
will be interracially colored.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
in the future it is said that the whole population will be interracially colored.

I'm willing to help.....anyone got Beyonce's Phone Number.

I was stationed down south for a few years way back and there are some serious backward thinking people down there. I remember listening to a guy in a bar that was still pissed his side lost the civil war

Judge is an Idiot....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 AM   #7
Raven

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I remember listening to a guy in a bar that was still pissed his side lost the civil war
When i was living in Atlanta on a construction job......

i made the mistake of telling a co worker that i wasn't born in California
having just moved from there....and that i was actually born in massachusetts.

instantly the guys eyes turned cold and evil looking....
he stopped the conversation got up slowly and walked over
and talked to the boss who instantly called me over to talk
....gave me a bunch of crap over nothin and Fired me on the spot.

their war will never end....
they are like the Japanese in that regard......fighting a 1000 year war.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I was called a Yankee a couple of times.....and if you know anything about me, you can't possibly call me anything worse

Old 10-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

It was a Justice of the Peace.....not a Judge. Still an idiot, just a different Job Title

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La. - Yahoo! News

Old 10-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #10
Cool Beans

I dont think its that big a deal... not all that different from a doctor refusing to to abortions, or heart surgery on certain patients he may deem as high risk.

He didn't tell them they could not get married, just that he wouldn't do it. He even suggested the other guy in the Parish that would do it.

It's a personal choice he has made that is based on his moral beliefs.

Its a personal choice to marry who you want, it's his personal choice not to marry people he doesn't think will make it. I bet he wouldn't marry gays either.. or a Baptist to a Satanist... or a shepherd to a bulldog...
Old 10-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #11
PaulS

CB - sounds like you'd fit in there?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
I dont think its that big a deal... not all that different from a doctor refusing to to abortions, or heart surgery on certain patients he may deem as high risk.

He didn't tell them they could not get married, just that he wouldn't do it. He even suggested the other guy in the Parish that would do it.

Its a personal choice to marry who you want, it's his personal choice not to marry people he doesn't think will make it. I bet he wouldn't marry gays either.. or a Baptist to a Satanist... or a shepherd to a bulldog...
The only explanation for this post is an early morning troll.

-spence
Old 10-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #13
Raven

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The only explanation for this post is an early morning troll.

-spence
is he living under the bridge?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 AM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I dont think its that big a deal... not all that different from a doctor refusing to to abortions, or heart surgery on certain patients he may deem as high risk....
Actually it is different....he's refusing to provide them a State Service. What he should have done in your scenario is give them the Marriage certificate and then point them someplace else to have their ceremony.....then he could use personal choice.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Stories like this that come from the South are of no surprise to me. Those people are at least 30 years behind the rest of the country.

I don't think you can say the Good Ole USA. Those people are practically from a different nation. I mean come on, we're talking about an area where they hold Civil War Reenactments where the Confederacy actually wins.
Didn't you just say that there should be a test before people are allowed to have children?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #16
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Didn't you just say that there should be a test before people are allowed to have children?
You are dead on, my friend. Perfect example above.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
JohnnyD

Quote:

This sounds like one big, round-a-bout way of saying "I agree with him and would have done the same thing."

His stated issue wasn't that "he doesn't think they'll make it", it was because of the hardships their children *might* have to deal with growing up. And that he "just doesn't believe in mixing the races that way."

Again, please at least read the article before you make your bass-akwards, redneck posts.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
buckman

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Well I'm convinced
Old 10-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I actually agree with Cool Beans. Not a big deal. Whatever happened to "I may not agree with your opinion but will die for your right to say it". Its his opinion, his choice. Ask yourself this - How many churches across america will not let people of other faiths marry in their churches? Will Catholic priests marry non-Catholics? Can you be divorced and get married in a church? Before you jump all over me - Im in an inter-racial marriage and have little mixed kiddies.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 10-16-2009 at 11:48 AM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #20
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I actually agree with Cool Beans. Not a big deal. Whatever happened to "I may not agree with your opinion but will die for your right to say it". Its his opinion, his choice. Ask yourself this - How many churches across america will not let people of other faiths marry in their churches? Will Catholic priests marry non-Catholics? I didnt think so.
Before you jump all over me - Im in an inter-racial marriage and have little mixed kiddies.
"I may not agree with your opinion but will die for your right to say it." doesn't apply to people in the public service.

Churches are completely different from public service workers - separation of church and state.

Should Emergency Medical Professionals legally be allowed to ignore someone dying of an overdose, due to a feeling of "if he doesn't care enough for his life, why should I?"

Should an investigator be able to ignore a scantily dressed woman's report of being raped because "she was probably asking for it"? It's his opinion.

You have a right to your opinion if you want to be critical of the President, state that global warming does or doesn't exist, or go to the town hall and tell them there are too many trees in town. You have an obligation to be and objective, neutral party when you're a civil service worker.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #21
JohnnyD

Quote:
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Well I'm convinced
No kidding. I was reading the article waiting for him to be like, "I love black people. I let them come over and mow my lawn. Every few years I give some of the local colored kids 50 cents each to paint my fence. This one time I said, "homie, what is up". That's how they talk right?"

I mean come on now, who is actually buying this guy's bs?
Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I actually agree with Cool Beans. Not a big deal. Whatever happened to "I may not agree with your opinion but will die for your right to say it". Its his opinion, his choice.
His opinion can begin after he issues the State license.....then he is more than free to send them somewhere else for the ceremony. Can the guy at the registry refuse to issue you a license or plates because he feels that a black man has a better chance of being in an accident.

Quote:
Ask yourself this - How many churches across america will not let people of other faiths marry in their churches? Will Catholic priests marry non-Catholics? I didnt think so.
That is for the ceremonial portion of the process.....can the clerk at the town hall who issues the License say No based on that same argument.....I didn't think so.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #23
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
"I may not agree with your opinion but will die for your right to say it." doesn't apply to people in the public service.

Churches are completely different from public service workers - separation of church and state.

Should Emergency Medical Professionals legally be allowed to ignore someone dying of an overdose, due to a feeling of "if he doesn't care enough for his life, why should I?"

Should an investigator be able to ignore a scantily dressed woman's report of being raped because "she was probably asking for it"? It's his opinion.

You have a right to your opinion if you want to be critical of the President, state that global warming does or doesn't exist, or go to the town hall and tell them there are too many trees in town. You have an obligation to be and objective, neutral party when you're a civil service worker.
so whats the debate? I said its no big deal. yes a public servant broke the rules,,,,,,so? Fire him, take away his liscence, who cares But to make front page headlines is silly or think this is some massive undercurrent in society. More fuel for the race pimps. something out of nothing.
BTW - it is policy and LAW that many public entities use the color of someones skin to make decisions about them - its called affirmative action. outrage? disgust?

dad F - I agree w/you. But this is NOT newsworthy.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #24
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Quote:
" "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
They have bathrooms in Louisiana?
Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
But this is NOT newsworthy.
I agree with that too....waste of time.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
Saltheart

I'm glad to hear it was a JOP and not a judge. Still pretty backwards thinking though!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull View Post
They have bathrooms in Louisiana?
Yep.....But if you here Banjo music, Pull 'em up REAL Quick.......and sinch that belt tight.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #28
JohnnyD

Quote:
so whats the debate? I said its no big deal. yes a public servant broke the rules,,,,,,so? Fire him, take away his liscence, who cares But to make front page headlines is silly or think this is some massive undercurrent in society. More fuel for the race pimps. something out of nothing.
BTW - it is policy and LAW that many public entities use the color of someones skin to make decisions about them - its called affirmative action. outrage? disgust?

dad F - I agree w/you. But this is NOT newsworthy.
No, you said you agree with what Cool Beans said, who basically stated that Bardwell was in the right for doing what he did.
Any race discrimination story makes headlines because it fires people up. Some people are in disbelief that the actions still take place, others play the "see I told you it still happens" card, and some agree with the discrimination.

Affirmative action is outdated and is on its way out. But stories like this add fuel to the fire and for some, justify a continued need for affirmative action.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #29
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
I dont think its that big a deal... I bet he wouldn't marry gays either.. or a Baptist to a Satanist... or a shepherd to a bulldog...
Holy %$%$%$%$ did your stripes just get exposed.

The world is a scary place, and while I'm an uber-tolerant, tree-hugging liberal, I can't imagine anyone still having the thought that two people, in a CIVIL service, can't get married based on race, gender whatever, period. I understand there are religious ramifications to gay marriage, but interracial? Ignorant, racist people make me sick.

Is it newsworthy, front page material? No, but it certainly speaks towards how intolerant people can still be in this country.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #30
PaulS

he should resign.