Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Watch the Trump Ukraine scandal come back to roost

Mueller was investigating Cohen on the subject of Ukrainian money going to Trump coffers in early 2017, presumably with the aim of pushing Trump policy via impeachable bribery (with a middleman). Now Cohen is headed to NYC to talk to prosecutors. Want to bet it's Ukraine-related?
We'll soon learn that related to the above is deeply conflicted Trump lawyers Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing suddenly picking up Manafort partner Dmitry Firtash as a client. And Michael/Mark Mukasey, heads up—you should've followed conflict-of-interest guidelines, too.
The trajectory of the Trump-Ukraine scandal is like a heat-seeking missile that's travelled out many miles and is now slowly curving back—in a gloriously long arc—to move with supersonic speed toward the man behind this scandal, indeed all the scandals...

...Vladimir Putin.

Putin was paying Firtash funny money—money for no evident purpose—as Firtash was working to aid Manafort-protecting Ukrainian prosecutors and attack Joe Biden. And now Firtash shares a lawyer with...

...let me see here...

...oh, yeah: Trump.

Get ready for the next flash: The 5,000 ways the Salem Witches weren't guilty but Trump sure as #^&#^&#^&#^& is.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
wdmso

After Trump Call, Ukraine's Zelenskiy Gambles On Russia Peace Push Without U.S. Help

Funny how that works
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Former Ukraine Amb. Yovanovitch says she was informed by a top State Dept. official that she was removed under a “concerted campaign against me … as best as I can tell, on unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives.”

Here is her opening statement

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

When have we heard something like this before?

"You'll have to ask Rudy"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #5
spence

Can't wait until they depose Pompeo, he has a lot of explaining to do.

Rudy is in deep #^&#^&#^&#^& also.

Follow the money.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:59 AM   #6
scottw

hey, did you hear that the anonymous whistleblower is getting death threats?
Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Oops! Looks like someone isn't going to lie to save the cheeto emperor

President Trump's ambassador to the European Union (EU), Gordon Sondland, plans to tell Congress this week that a text he sent denying understanding of quid pro quo between Trump and Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelensky in a July phone call in July was dictated by Trump himself.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

The Soviet-born Lev Parnas, who says (WP) he met Trump "several" times before the 2016 election and came to "admire" him, began working with the Trump Org around 1987—the year Trump first went to the Soviet Union in a trip reports say the KGB set up.
Lev Parnas was born in 1965/1966, and says he returned to the Soviet Union after selling Trump Organization condos while Fred Trump was running the Trump Organization. The Soviet Union collapsed in 1991; that places Parnas's work for the Trumps somewhere between 1987 and 1990.
So the KGB develops an interest in Trump right as a Soviet-born man who brags about his connections to "Russian money" begins working with the Trump Organization selling condos... despite no apparent interest in real estate? And Parnas meets Trump "several times" pre-election?
Man, can you imagine how crazy it'd be if Parnas had ties to organized crime? ... for instance, by being "financed" by Soviet-born Dmytro Firtash, who has conceded his entire business empire is based on largesse from Putin friend and international gangster Semion Mogilevich?
Has Trump been a Russian asset since 1987? No. Has he been someone Russian intelligence and organized crime—linked entities—have believed since 1987 they could work with profitably to advance both Trump's interests and their own? Yes. Has it happened? Via intermediaries, yes.
We already have Trump lying about how well he knows Parnas. We have Giuliani lying about Parnas. We have Parnas wrapped up in various ties with Manafort, Firtash, Sater, Fred Trump...we've seen this pattern before. Lies surrounding myriad contacts with Soviet-born persons.
Yes, there was a damning phone call with Zelensky that was the culmination of many months of work by Parnas and Giuliani. But Parnas has been part of this story for over three decades.
Robert Perreira may have thought Parnas was meeting Trump for the first time when Parnas was at an exclusive fundraiser for Trump weeks before the 2016 election. We now know that's not true—indeed, that it's not even *close* to true—though Perreira couldn't have known it then.
It has been established that Putin was paying Firtash insane amounts of funny money; we now know Firtash was spending some of his money bankrolling Parnas. It's pretty clear now that Parnas isn't who we thought he was—and his mission wasn't small-time commercial scams.
The final "deliverable" to be taken from Parnas's work with Trump and Trump's legal team was that Russia would be absolved of attacking America in 2016, Trump would be free to end all sanctions on Russia, and Russia would be primed to attack America again.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #9
scottw

this is great..

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) revealed in a new interview that House Democrats have discussed jailing allies of the president who do not comply with congressional subpoenas, an escalation of the House's efforts to force White House compliance with an impeachment inquiry.

Tlaib told Deadline Detroit that such an action, known as inherent contempt, would be "uncharted territory" for Congress but added that "serious discussions" about taking the step have occurred within the Democratic caucus.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:02 PM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is great..

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) revealed in a new interview that House Democrats have discussed jailing allies of the president who do not comply with congressional subpoenas, an escalation of the House's efforts to force White House compliance with an impeachment inquiry.

Tlaib told Deadline Detroit that such an action, known as inherent contempt, would be "uncharted territory" for Congress but added that "serious discussions" about taking the step have occurred within the Democratic caucus.
That is not uncharted territory. A Clinton era person was jailed for over a year for not cooperating in the whitewater investigation.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
That is not uncharted territory. A Clinton era person was jailed for over a year for not cooperating in the whitewater investigation.
she refused to answer questions for a grand jury so it's very different than refusing to testify for the democrat nuts in congress and their kangaroo sham court but you should be smart enough to know that
Old 10-13-2019, 02:14 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
she refused to answer questions for a grand jury so it's very different than refusing to testify for the democrat nuts in congress and their kangaroo sham court but you should be smart enough to know that
Boy you have the Trump narrative down pat, Congress has the right to call these witnesses in for testimony, if this is a nothing burger as you claim, why refuse to cooperate? Love the right scramble to reach agreement on the narrative, but Scott you clearly are waiting for the right talking points.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Boy you have the Trump narrative down pat, Congress has the right to call these witnesses in for testimony, if this is a nothing burger as you claim, why refuse to cooperate? Love the right scramble to reach agreement on the narrative, but Scott you clearly are waiting for the right talking points.
yes...I knew the talking points to use before he even wrote that...I'm amazing

he was completely wrong with his lightning quick talking points but don't let that figure in to your reasoning

trump should make this as difficult as possible for the corrupt, deranged democrats....and it will be more fun that way too
Old 10-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

There you go repeating the second great taking point, so funny to hear the MOST corrupt president and administration call the Democrats corrupt for congress doing its job.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #15
Nebe

Quote:
yes...I knew the talking points to use before he even wrote that...I'm amazing

he was completely wrong with his lightning quick talking points but don't let that figure in to your reasoning

trump should make this as difficult as possible for the corrupt, deranged democrats....and it will be more fun that way too
Do you think there are no corrupt deranged republicans ?
Old 10-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #16
scottw

Quote:
Do you think there are no corrupt deranged republicans ?
maybe but they aren't bothering anyone
Old 10-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
There you go repeating the second great taking point, so funny to hear the MOST corrupt president and administration call the Democrats corrupt for congress doing its job.
well, it was second on my list of talking points
Old 10-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #18
Nebe

Quote:
maybe but they aren't bothering anyone
Maybe??? Come on now. Think harder. Stop sniffing the restoration glue.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
Maybe??? Come on now. Think harder. Stop sniffing the restoration glue.
Have you noticed both Scott, SD are getting really short and tense these days?
Old 10-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Probably that small motel6 room they are sharing, bringing new Trumplicans into the world is hard work.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually, the troll job they are doing on you guys is epic, you guys are like a blitzing school of blues snapping at everything they are tossing at you. It's really quite amusing.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #22
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Actually, the troll job they are doing on you guys is epic, you guys are like a blitzing school of blues snapping at everything they are tossing at you. It's really quite amusing.
Just get a slick and they start biting for us. Wait til there is bait tossed in. Silly liberal fools!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Just like her emails and benghazzziiiiii
Old 10-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #24
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Just like her emails and benghazzziiiiii
Find 1 post I made regarding that crap and I buy one of your bowls or bees. Promise

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Maybe???
Ok. You name one and then I’ll name one. It will be like words with friends
Old 10-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:
Yes. Three beer tense
Old 10-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #27
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Jeff,while your confidence has been restored would you care to wager ( a donation to the site) that Trump wins in 2020? Surely it is a worthy cause,please name the amount and we are on. Any other #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s want in and I will cover it. Or, just keep squawking.... ANY person wishing to have a “fun”bet can enter within 48 hours👍🏿

Perhaps that gives you some insight into my anxiety.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #28
spence

Quote:
Yes. Three beer tense
I was going to include Jim but decided I didn't want to rattle him.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jeff,while your confidence has been restored would you care to wager ( a donation to the site) that Trump wins in 2020? Surely it is a worthy cause,please name the amount and we are on. Any other #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s want in and I will cover it. Or, just keep squawking.... ANY person wishing to have a “fun”bet can enter within 48 hours👍🏿

Perhaps that gives you some insight into my anxiety.
For this site I’m in pledging $100 that Trump loses in 2020, if he makes it that far.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #30
spence

Quote:
For this site I’m in pledging $100 that Trump loses in 2020, if he makes it that far.
I'll do a hundred.