Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #91
Sea Dangles

I have to wonder if he and guys like PeteF are seriously out to prove people wrong. And when it fails, they feign shock after all of the proof they have presented. Interesting concept I guess.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #92
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You guys are hypocrites, you claim the evil dems and the evil media just hate Trump so badly they will do anything to get him out of office, all the while ignoring the corruption in plain sight. Your responses are just a reflection of your hatred of the evil democrats and the evil media, can't be much clearer. I'm an independent and have probably voted republican more than democratic, but I see this CLOWN for what he is and if it goes unchecked, it sets a very low bar for what is acceptable for our president.
fixed it
Old 10-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #93
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump compares the pull out to letting two kids on a play lot fight for a minute until you pull them apart. The man is clearly unfiltered and bonkers, what a “presidential” statement. Hundreds of thousands fleeing, hundreds dead, reported war crimes, our troops near fire, our allies in jeopardy of being destroyed, we are bombing our own installations to avoid others taking them over, but Turkey got what it wanted and we got zip. Trump is a scary guy to have control of our military, go sleep well tonight that your 401k is doing well, while Trump destroys our position as a world leader; but his financial interests in Turkey are secure.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #94
wdmso

Mr Mulvaney later backtracked on his earlier remarks, saying the media had "decided to misconstrue my comments".

Again we did not hear what was said . even the Tape recording "decided to misconstrue my comments". typical
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mr Mulvaney later backtracked on his earlier remarks, saying the media had "decided to misconstrue my comments".

Again we did not hear what was said . even the Tape recording "decided to misconstrue my comments". typical
In the words of Pete F. "Diplomacy is always Quid pro quo". Any leverage that Mulvaney referred to was in the vein of Pete's quote. Mulvaney clarified his previous general comment (or "backtracked" as you characterize it) by stating specifically what he meant, leverage in regard to corruption and lack of aid by other countries.

Ukraine President said he didn't know about the money being withheld until after the phone call, so it couldn't have been a quid pro quo.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Not when it involves a political rival in a QPQ when there is no evidence that the person you are asking about did anything ie Hunter.

The Mueller investigation into Trump supposedly conspiratorially colluding with Russia has established that evidence is not necessary to start an investigation.

Do you have any links to any investigations about Hunter at the time Trump was pressuring the Ukr. to investigate Hunter?
Don't need links in order to be able to think. It is very fishy and stinks of corruption that Hunter got an exceedingly high paying job for which he had no specifically applicable qualifications, and is evident that he got the gig because he is the son of the VP, and that the VP got the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter's employer fired.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #97
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Distraction right out of Trumps play book, good boy good boy.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Distraction right out of Trumps play book, good boy good boy.
You're such a genius. It's a wonder that more people don't realize that.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In the words of Pete F. "Diplomacy is always Quid pro quo". Any leverage that Mulvaney referred to was in the vein of Pete's quote. Mulvaney clarified his previous general comment (or "backtracked" as you characterize it) by stating specifically what he meant, leverage in regard to corruption and lack of aid by other countries.

Ukraine President said he didn't know about the money being withheld until after the phone call, so it couldn't have been a quid pro quo.
No national leader doesn’t know what is in the USA news regarding politics and his country
It was in the NYT before trump called him
Ukraine doesn’t want to be in the middle of this
Trump last week forced Zelensky’s hand and because Zelensky did not believe the USA had his back he had to fold on Donbas
Win for Putin
Putin’s Puppet is paying for the help in the last election
Zelensky got screwed by Trump
The Kurds are getting cleansed because of Trump
He is the weakest President in the history of the USA
Your hero

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No national leader doesn’t know what is in the USA news regarding politics and his country
It was in the NYT before trump called him
Ukraine doesn’t want to be in the middle of this
Trump last week forced Zelensky’s hand and because Zelensky did not believe the USA had his back he had to fold on Donbas
Win for Putin
Putin’s Puppet is paying for the help in the last election
Zelensky got screwed by Trump
The Kurds are getting cleansed because of Trump
He is the weakest President in the history of the USA
Your hero
Apparently, Zelensky didn't read the NYT article, or he is a liar. Do you have proof that he is a liar?
Old 10-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

To Win Giuliani’s Help, Oligarch’s Allies Pursued Biden Dirt
Associates of a Ukrainian oligarch fighting extradition to the U.S. were working to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden last summer in an effort to get Rudy Giuliani’s help in the oligarch’s legal case, according to three people familiar with the exchanges.

Dmitry Firtash, charged with conspiracy by the U.S. and living in Vienna, shuffled lawyers in July to add Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing, vocal supporters of President Donald Trump who had worked with Giuliani. Around that time, some of Firtash’s associates began to use his broad network of Ukraine contacts to get damaging information on Biden, the people said.
It’s all coming out
Old 10-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

DiGenova and Toensing have billed Firtash about $1 million for their work, one of the people said. That includes costs for Lev Parnas, a Giuliani associate, as a translator and important contact, the person said. Parnas was arrested last week along with several associates and accused of conspiring to violate campaign-finance laws.

People working on Firtash’s behalf collected a witness statement from Viktor Shokin, a former Ukrainian prosecutor-general. The statement, dated early September, helped Giuliani renew an assertion that he’d been advancing for months -- that Biden had tried in 2016 to sway Ukrainian politics to help his son. U.S. and Ukrainian officials have disputed Shokin’s account.

Shokin, though, had been promised his statement wouldn’t be made public, according to the people. Giuliani went on to cite it repeatedly, waving it around on cable news as evidence of Biden’s alleged corruption. The Hill and other media outlets provided links to it, with Giuliani later suggesting he had a role in making it public. “This is the affidavit I put out,” he said during a Fox News interview this month.

As a result of the publicity Giuliani generated with Shokin’s statement, two of the people said they believe the odds of the Justice Department dropping the case against Firtash have plummeted, because it would look like a quid pro quo. Others connected to the case agreed.

U.S. lawmakers conducting a presidential impeachment inquiry are bearing down on whether favors were traded for influence. They are examining Giuliani’s efforts to turn up evidence in Ukraine and allegations that the Trump administration withheld crucial aid until the country’s president agreed to investigate the Bidens.
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/a...mpression=true

Old 10-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #103
Sea Dangles

This is more fake news to feed the hungry.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:36 AM   #104
detbuch

A supposedly corrupt prosecutor, at the behest of a corrupt Biden, was replaced by another corrupt prosecutor who then closed all the investigations into corruption in the Ukraine despite our government's concern about Ukrainian corruption. Sounds like a lot of corruption on all sides of the matter. Sounds like it might be a good thing to investigate what all the corruption was about.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...dealings-2015/

Some excerpts: "I’m going to guess this isn’t what Adam Schiff wanted to come out of his latest “hearing.”
A State Department official named George Kent, who served during the Obama administration as well . . . managed to drop a piece of new information and it had to do with Hunter Biden.

"Namely, that Kent had approached Biden in 2015 about the issues with his son’s dealing and was rebuffed . . . Kent, who testified behind closed doors before committees spearheading the formal House impeachment inquiry, told congressional investigators that he had qualms about Hunter Biden’s role on the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings. Remember, Biden has repeatedly claimed that he didn’t know of his son’s dealings. We know he’s lying in regards to ever talking to Hunter about them, but now we know they were also brought to his attention through official channels as well . . . There’s another bit of information in this piece that’s interesting as well . . .

"Kent testified that while Shokin faced accusations of corruption, his replacement, Lutsenko, did too and that both ex-prosecutors were godfathers to former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s children. However, according to sources, Kent said that while the United States pushed hard for Shokin to be fired, no one ever pushed for Lutsenko to be fired. There’s another bit of information in this piece that’s interesting as well. Lutsenko ended up closing the cases into Burisma and other corruption within Ukraine. Coincidentally, I’m sure, the Obama administration had no problem keeping him on the job despite his checkered history and the fact that he just happened to be helping out Joe Biden and his son in the process."
Old 10-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Was that leaked?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-19-2019, 11:20 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

Plenty of spin going on about that from both sides, it will be hard to discern the truth for a while.

Trump is trying very hard to make this investigation about someone else.

It's not.

It's about the lies and obstruction.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #107
spence

Quote:
Don't need links in order to be able to think. It is very fishy and stinks of corruption that Hunter got an exceedingly high paying job for which he had no specifically applicable qualifications, and is evident that he got the gig because he is the son of the VP, and that the VP got the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter's employer fired.
How can something "stink of corruption" when there's still zero evidence of a corrupt act? Getting a good job because of connections isn't exactly corrupt, it's pretty normal.

Burisma wasn't under investigation at the time Biden, a bipartisan Congress and the IMF wanted the prosecutor fired either.
Old 10-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #108
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Getting a good job because of connections isn't exactly corrupt, it's pretty normal.
You can’t be this dumb
Old 10-19-2019, 02:19 PM   #109
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
You can’t be this dumb
I'm really not. Perhaps you can help me understand why you think this is wrong.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #110
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Let’s get a full list of corrupt governments that the US has been leery of making deals with, it’s dozens and likely dozens more, it doesn’t change the fact that ironically this one might be willing to provide dirt (real or not) on the Bidens AND military aid already allocated was being held up in order for Trump to PERSONALLY gain an edge in an up coming election. Two wrongs don’t make it right, spin baby spin.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #111
PaulS

Quote:
Yes, I didn't think you would provide any links. So where exactly is the corruption? it might not be right but it's certainly not corrupt.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Yes, I didn't think you would provide any links. So where exactly is the corruption? it might not be right but it's certainly not corrupt.
I thought investigations were needed to find alleged corruption or crime or reasons for impeachment. You know, like what they've been doing to Trump from day one and before.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #113
scottw

Quote:

it might not be right but it's certainly not corrupt.

Old 10-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #114
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
This is what we deal with

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-19-2019, 06:22 PM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I thought investigations were needed to find alleged corruption or crime or reasons for impeachment. You know, like what they've been doing to Trump from day one and before.
If you smell #^&#^&#^&#^& in your house, don’t you look to see where the stink is coming from?
Trump has stunk for years
He can start by releasing his taxes

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #116
detbuch

Quote:
If you smell #^&#^&#^&#^& in your house, don’t you look to see where the stink is coming from?
Trump has stunk for years
He can start by releasing his taxes
The Biden stink needs to be investigated.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:58 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
The Biden stink needs to be investigated.
Always distract
That’s Putin’s playbook

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #118
wdmso

Funny those trashing biden for getting 50 k a month seem to only like success when its achieved by people with R next to their names.. we all know the people whom i speak . BUT they easily dismiss all of the a trump children and their business dealing or that thier name alone has open doors for them. But but Bidens son oh how corrupt..

Typical Republican hypocrites.....

Only in their world everything is the same
Old 10-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #119
scottw

so Wayne, if Baron Trump gets a job with a big Ukrainian company next week it won't be a problem for you? Baron is probably twice as qualified as Hunter Biden was and doesn't have all of the baggage
Old 10-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #120
detbuch

Quote:
Always distract
That’s Putin’s playbook
Always verbiage. Putin is like that too.