Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Our security is tied to stability and security in key areas of the globe and I’d argue most Americans understand that and to suggest most Americans want all our troops home is a big stretch. Even most republicans serving overseas or in Congress or the Senate understand that to, which is why the recent vote passed easily.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #32
scottw

most honest president in modern history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ede_story.html
Old 10-17-2019, 08:35 AM   #33
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
most honest president in modern history

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ede_story.html
Don’t ruin it for the flakes

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #34
PaulS

You guys didn't read the article.

If the author has no morals and doesn't mind the constant lies (which he admits in the article), that is on him.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

When Erdogan meets with Putin, he displays a Russian flag of same size as Turkish. When he meets with Pence, TWO Turkish flags in background, one dinky little US flag on table. Visual statement of disdain by Erdogan for the United States and its weak, easily manipulated president

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #36
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When Erdogan meets with Putin, he displays a Russian flag of same size as Turkish. When he meets with Pence, TWO Turkish flags in background, one dinky little US flag on table. Visual statement of disdain by Erdogan for the United States and its weak, easily manipulated president

For you, everything is about Trump. Don't let it become unhealthy for you.

Erdogan has been pushing Turkey more and more away from its decent time of more secularism, into a much more thugish, more authoritarian state. He is stirring the pot and getting sucked into the RUS/PRC spheres of influence. This did not start in January 2017

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Our security is tied to stability and security in key areas of the globe and I’d argue most Americans understand that and to suggest most Americans want all our troops home is a big stretch. Even most republicans serving overseas or in Congress or the Senate understand that to, which is why the recent vote passed easily.
i don’t believe most americans are opposed to any and all military intervention. i do think that obama’s election and trumps election, suggest that americans aren’t thrilled with the idea of endless intervention in that particular regions conflicts, unless america has a vital interest.

obama campaigned on that same issue. back then, democrats agreed. now that trump is saying it, all the liberals are singing Josh Bolton’s tune. the opinions have no principle to them, if they only depend on who is saying it. whatever trump says, literally whatever he says, you say the opposite.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump gave up our position in Syria and control of ISIS assets, that we were controlling with 1K troops on the ground and received nothing for the US in return. What threats were made to Trump's considerable personal financial interests in Turkey is unknown.

I don't disagree with you, in that Erdogans moving to the other sphere.
That is just one more reason why long term policies and career Pentagon and State Dept employees are important.
To be successful US policy needs to be close as possible to consistent from President to President.
This has been worked on for the past 75 years by administration after administration with great success.
Trump has flushed decades of work and many lives lost down the drain with his impulsive actions.
Trust comes on foot and leaves on horseback, it will be a long time, if ever, before we regain the trust of our allies to the degree we had.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump gave up our position in Syria and control of ISIS assets, that we were controlling with 1K troops on the ground and received nothing for the US in return. What threats were made to Trump's considerable personal financial interests in Turkey is unknown.

I don't disagree with you, in that Erdogans moving to the other sphere.
That is just one more reason why long term policies and career Pentagon and State Dept employees are important.
To be successful US policy needs to be close as possible to consistent from President to President.
This has been worked on for the past 75 years by administration after administration with great success.
Trump has flushed decades of work and many lives lost down the drain with his impulsive actions.
Trust comes on foot and leaves on horseback, it will be a long time, if ever, before we regain the trust of our allies to the degree we had.

what we received in return, is the comfort in knowing that those 1,000 superb americans, are safer. you say very explicitly, that’s “nothing”. many would disagree.

obama was a hero for finally getting us out of iraq. what did we get in return? did they pay us to leave?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Our security is tied to stability and security in key areas of the globe
agreed. but in that particular area, no one has been able to get the quarreling nations to stop killing each other. how many americans do we sacrifice to attempt something that has been so elusive as peace in the middle east?

i’m not claiming to know the answer. i’m saying i feel
it’s a valid question, even if asked by the current president.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Turkey, under Erdogan, is a fraud. One of the main reasons for the formation of NATO was to defend against the Soviet Union (basically Russia). And Trump has resisted manipulation by the media, the Democrats, the Progressive leaders of the EU, and many Republicans who have tried to dissuade him from doing much of what he has done. And he has strongly fought back against the constant onslaught of criticism and attempts to remove him. You have a curious notion of weak.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what we received in return, is the comfort in knowing that those 1,000 superb americans, are safer. you say very explicitly, that’s “nothing”. many would disagree.

obama was a hero for finally getting us out of iraq. what did we get in return? did they pay us to leave?
Our armed forces and diplomats overseas are in more danger than being at home precisely to make US safer and protect our interests abroad.

Apparently you believe that has no value and therefor is worth nothing.

Perhaps you should say that to the Special Forces personnel who were in Syria.

Trump's idiocy, did not in any way make America safer.

Not only is the most successful international counterterrorism operation in history destroyed, but the winners are Syria and Russia.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Our armed forces and diplomats overseas are in more danger than being at home precisely to make US safer and protect our interests abroad.

Apparently you believe that has no value and therefor is worth nothing.

Perhaps you should say that to the Special Forces personnel who were in Syria.

Trump's idiocy, did not in any way make America safer.

Not only is the most successful international counterterrorism operation in history destroyed, but the winners are Syria and Russia.
i can make the same arguments against obamas decision to withdraw from iraq.

and i never said there’s no downside to pulling out. of course there is. wherever we have troops, vulnerable people are safer.

i was responding to your idiotic comment that we didn’t get anything. sure we did.

pete, maybe sometime
you can attempt an honest comparison of the costs and benefits of these policies. with you, there can be no benefit, because admitting such would be siding with putin’s puppet.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:23 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

and i never said there’s no downside to pulling out. of course there is. wherever we have troops, vulnerable people are safer.

i was responding to your idiotic comment that we didn’t get anything. sure we did.

pete, maybe sometime
you can attempt an honest comparison of the costs and benefits of these policies. with you, there can be no benefit, because admitting such would be siding with putin’s puppet.
At least you are finally admitting that Trump is Putin's Puppet.

But Obama all you want, he has not been President for 1001 days.

I'm worried about this fool's reincarnation of ISIS.

Show me any benefit, destroying our current operation against ISIS and eliminating the possibility of renewing it is not a benefit.

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/10/p...nse-decisions/

https://www.militarytimes.com/opinio...-syria-gambit/

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...ns-in-pullout/

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...can-honor.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ttis-says.html

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #45
wdmso

Quote:

Jim you can't you keep repeating your own version of events on why Obama Left Iraq ....

And attempt to once again to show What Trump did is the same... which they clearly are not
Old 10-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #46
wdmso

Trump has done a lot of what he said he was going to do ... And the Majority of his so called Campaign promises involved just undoing what other administrations put in place.. How easy is that .. passed a tax overhaul in the senate his party controls again how easy is that... please what has Trump Done Himself to lead the country ? answer nothing he is good at undoing other people's action thats it
Old 10-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
At least you are finally admitting that Trump is Putin's Puppet.

But Obama all you want, he has not been President for 1001 days.

I'm worried about this fool's reincarnation of ISIS.

Show me any benefit, destroying our current operation against ISIS and eliminating the possibility of renewing it is not a benefit.

https://www.duffelblog.com/2019/10/p...nse-decisions/

https://www.militarytimes.com/opinio...-syria-gambit/

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...ns-in-pullout/

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...can-honor.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ttis-says.html
so not only is it always a character flaw to agree with trump, it’s never valid to compare the treatment trump gets, with precedent set with obama. you’re darn right “but obama”. if obama gets canonized for doing something, and trump gets attacked for doing something similar, there’s no valid reason to point that out?

“but obama” is a lame, pathetic attempt to avoid having to justify naked hypocrisy. tough cookies.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump has done a lot of what he said he was going to do ... And the Majority of his so called Campaign promises involved just undoing what other administrations put in place.. How easy is that .. passed a tax overhaul in the senate his party controls again how easy is that... please what has Trump Done Himself to lead the country ? answer nothing he is good at undoing other people's action thats it
ok so trump gets no credit for passing any legislation when the gop controlled the congress.

Fine.

So tell us, what meaningful legislation did obama pass, once the democrats no longer controlled congress? go ahead, I’ll wait.

using your logic, passing obamacare was no big deal, because his party controlled the house and senate.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so not only is it always a character flaw to agree with trump, it’s never valid to compare the treatment trump gets, with precedent set with obama. you’re darn right “but obama”. if obama gets canonized for doing something, and trump gets attacked for doing something similar, there’s no valid reason to point that out?

“but obama” is a lame, pathetic attempt to avoid having to justify naked hypocrisy. tough cookies.
The fallacy that Trump has been treated unfairly is ludicrous at best.

His own behavior has brought on the great majority of his troubles.

And if you would like to bring up naked hypocrisy, try this on for size.

President Donald Trump started his Saturday morning routine with a tweet: “Can you imagine if these Do Nothing Democrat Savages, people like Nadler, Schiff, AOC Plus 3, and many more, had a Republican Party who would have done to Obama what the Do Nothings are doing to me. Oh well, maybe next time!”

Setting aside the appalling use of the word “savages” to describe two Jewish members of Congress and a woman of color, the president’s “what if” scenario reveals how ignorant he is of some very recent history. This very decade opened with Republicans launching an investigatory barrage into the presidency of Barack Obama.

I know, because I was there choreographing it.

An acute case of Trump amnesia?
From 2009 to 2013, I was the spokesperson and senior adviser for Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee under the leadership of Rep. Darrell Issa. During their time in the majority, the Oversight Committee alone issued more than 100 subpoenas to the Obama administration. Upon becoming chair of the committee, Issa declared his intention to hold “seven hearings a week, times 40 weeks.”

In the spring of 2011, a government whistleblower prompted House and Senate Republicans to initiate an investigation into the “Operation Fast and Furious” gun-trafficking operation. The investigation lasted for more than six years and included an Oversight Committee vote to hold then-Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over what Republicans believed was an abuse of executive privilege.

I pointed to this quote from Rep. Jim Jordan back in February and it’s worth revisiting given the frequency with which Jordan now defends Trump. During Holder’s contempt proceeding, Jordan pointedly asked, “How can you ignore the facts when you don’t get the facts? … I just want to get the information. … We just want the information so we have the facts.”

In case Trump is suffering from an acute attack of amnesia, he should be reminded that in the summer of 2012, House Republicans filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration in federal court over its use of executive privilege and ultimately won, with Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruling that “Congress could seek to enforce its duly issued subpoena.”

For House Republicans, Fast and Furious was just act one of their oversight agenda. In the fall of 2012, Republicans launched what would turn out to be a four-year investigation into the attack on a U.S. diplomatic facility in Benghazi, Libya. This is the investigation that would unearth then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server, a move that House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy openly admitted was part of a “strategy to fight and win” the 2016 election.

We didn't have corruption evidence

Just for context, the investigation conducted by special counsel Robert Mueller lasted for a little less than two years. While in control of Congress, House Republicans launched not one, not two but three multiyear investigations that each lasted longer than the Mueller probe. The third of these investigations was initiated in 2013 into the IRS’ alleged targeting scandal. It was eventually debunked as baseless, with even the Trump administration declaring in 2017 that prosecuting the matter “would not be appropriate based on the available evidence.”

The reality is our committee never had anything close to the severity and volume of smoking gun evidence of corruption that exists right now, and we still managed to hold hundreds of oversight hearings, issue hundreds of subpoenas and conduct multiple multiyear investigations.

It was during this time that the standard for modern-day oversight was established, a standard that Republicans seemed all too willing to abandon the minute Donald Trump took office. As I noted earlier this year, it was when Obama was in office that the Jim Jordans of the world declared that “the only path to the truth" is through the House. It was during Obama's tenure that my former boss, Darrell Issa, said, “Our purpose has always been to get the information the committee needs to complete its work, that it is not only entitled to but obligated to do."

It was when Obama was president that the chair of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, Trey Gowdy, said, “The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles."

So, if Donald Trump is wondering what Republicans would have done to Obama? The answer is, everything the Democrats are doing to him and more.

Kurt Bardella, a former spokesperson and senior adviser for Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 12:30 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Pete, you yourself
said very explicitly, that it’s always a character flaw to agree with him. Not only is that not fair, it’s deranged.

the republicans didnthis and more to obama? they impeached him? give me a break.

plenty of republicans voted for obamas supreme court picks Kagan and Sotomayor, and they were both extreme liberals. the gop didn’t smear them with baseless accusations.

Old 10-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, you yourself
said very explicitly, that it’s always a character flaw to agree with him. Not only is that not fair, it’s deranged.

the republicans didnthis and more to obama? they impeached him? give me a break.

plenty of republicans voted for obamas supreme court picks (5) Kagan and (9)Sotomayor, and they were both extreme liberals. the gop didn’t smear them with baseless accusations.

Obama wisely picked women to nominate and neither had any dirt to find.
Neither were extreme
There was no dirt on Garland either.

Nobody has impeached Trump yet, but still he obstructs

As far as calls to impeach Obama by Republicans here's the list

Job offer to Pennsylvania Representative Joe Sestak
In May 2010, Republican Darrell Issa of California stated that the allegation that the White House had offered Pennsylvania Representative Joe Sestak a job to persuade Sestak to drop out of the Pennsylvania Senate primary election against Arlen Specter "is one that everyone from Arlen Spector to #^&#^&#^&#^& Morris has said is in fact a crime, and could be impeachable".[6] With the possibility of becoming chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform in January 2011, Issa said in October 2010 that the committee would not seek to impeach Obama.[7]

Preventing Obama from "pushing his agenda"
In August 2011, Republican Congressman Michael C. Burgess of Texas agreed with a rally audience member that the impeachment of Barack Obama "needs to happen" in order to prevent Obama from "pushing his agenda". Burgess did not mention any grounds for impeachment.[8][9]

Obama administration immigration policy
In June 2012, Senator Jon Kyl mentioned impeachment when discussing the Obama Administration policy on immigration. He said on the Bill Bennett radio show, "if it’s bad enough and if shenanigans [are] involved in it, then of course impeachment is always a possibility. But I don’t think at this point anybody is talking about that".[10]

Libya intervention
Democratic House Representative Dennis Kucinich called for Obama's impeachment after Obama authorized air strikes against Libya during the Libyan Civil War.[11]

Benghazi attack
In May 2013, Republican Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma stated that President Obama could be impeached over what he alleged was a White House cover-up after the deadly attack against two United States government facilities in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012.[12] Inhofe said that "of all the great cover-ups in history—the Pentagon papers, Iran-Contra, Watergate, all the rest of them—this ... is going to go down as most egregious cover-up in American history".[12] Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz of Utah also stated in an interview that impeachment was "within the realm of possibilities" with regard to the September 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi, Libya, later clarifying that "it's not something I'm seeking" and that "I'm not willing to take that off the table. But that's certainly not what we're striving for."[13] Fox News host Jeanine Pirro called for Obama's impeachment over Benghazi.[14]

Impeachment requested by a townhall meeting audience member
In August 2013, Republican Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma responded to a questioner in a town hall meeting, who had asserted that President Obama was failing to carry out his constitutional responsibilities, by saying that "you have to establish the criteria that would qualify for proceedings against the president... and that's called impeachment".[15][16] Coburn added, "I don't have the legal background to know if that rises to 'high crimes and misdemeanors', but I think you're getting perilously close".[15] Coburn did not specify what grounds he felt would support impeachment, but NBC News noted that Coburn "mentioned that he believes Department of Homeland Security officials have told career USCIS employees to 'ignore' background checks for immigrants". Coburn mentioned no evidence that substantiated his belief.[15]

False claims of being born outside the United States
At a 2013 town hall meeting with constituents, two years after Obama had released his long-form birth certificate to the public, Congressman Blake Farenthold said that Obama should be impeached due to conspiracy theories relating to Obama's birth certificate. Farenthold said that he thinks that "the House is already out of the barn on this, on the whole birth certificate issue."[17]

IRS targeting conservatives
On August 19, 2013, Republican Congressman Kerry Bentivolio stated that if he could write articles of impeachment, "it would be a dream come true". To help in achieving that goal, he retained experts and historians.[18][19] During the same interview, Bentivolio called the press "the most corrupt thing in Washington," and said that he was looking to tie the White House to the IRS targeting controversy "as evidence of impeachment [sic]".

Debt ceiling crisis
During the debt ceiling crisis of 2013, which was the result of Republicans refusing to raise the debt ceiling unless President Obama agreed to defund the Affordable Care Act, House Representative Louie Gohmert said it would be an "impeachable offense" of the United States as a result of the crisis.[20]

Hearing on "President's Constitutional Duty"
On December 3, 2013, the House Judiciary committee held a hearing on the President that was formally titled "The President's Constitutional Duty to Faithfully Execute the Laws", which has been viewed as an attempt to begin justifying impeachment proceedings. When asked by reporters if this was a hearing about impeachment, the Chairman of the committee responded that it was not, saying "I didn't mention impeachment nor did any of the witnesses in response to my questions at the Judiciary Committee hearing."[21]

Prisoner swap
The convention of the South Dakota Republican Party voted in a 196-176 resolution to call for the impeachment of Obama based on his action to release five detainees from Guantanamo Bay in order to free Bowe Bergdahl from his Taliban captors.[22][23] Congressmember Allen West expressed the view that the prisoner exchange that brought the release of Bowe Bergdahl was grounds for impeachment.[24][20] John Dean, former White House Counsel to Richard Nixon, criticized the movement to impeach Obama as "insanity," arguing that Republican demands for impeachment are grounded in political disagreements rather than actual impeachable offenses. "Partisans promoting and pushing impeachment as a political solution to being out of power seem to forget that what comes around goes around. These people are not conservatives, who by definition seek to protect the system; rather they are radicals who are gaming our constitutional system," he wrote.[25]

Transgender bathroom directive
In May 2016, the Oklahoma Legislature filed a measure asking the representatives from Oklahoma in the House of Representatives to impeach Obama, the U.S. attorney general, the U.S. secretary of education and any other administration officials involved in the decision to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms corresponding to their gender identity, alleging that these federal officials had exceeded their constitutional authority by issuing a directive to state schools. The same resolution also "condemns the actions of the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice and the Office for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Education ... as contrary to the values of the citizens of Oklahoma".[26]

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 01:12 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Pete -

"Obama wisely picked women to nominate "

Trump's next pick (if he fills another seat) will likely be Amy Barrett, and wait until we see how the libs treat her...that will dispel the notion that democrats have a monopoly on chivalry.

"neither had any dirt to find"

And we see again your naked bias. Whereas every time theres a story about dirt on Trump, you post 900 articles supporting the theory. But you have no clue, apparently about Sotomayor.

Here is what Sotomayor said about female Latina judges, on more than one occasion..."a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion"

So in her opinion, ethnicity and gender determine one's ability to be a skilled jurist. Things that no one has any control over.

Also, Sotomayor wrote 5 opinions while on the 2nd Court of Appeals. Three of her opinions, 60%, were overturned by the higher court. So she was found to be wrong on the law, 60% of the time. That deserves a promotion?

You've been annihilated here.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-fodder-to-f/
Old 10-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete -

"Obama wisely picked women to nominate "

Trump's next pick (if he fills another seat) will likely be Amy Barrett, and wait until we see how the libs treat her...that will dispel the notion that democrats have a monopoly on chivalry.

"neither had any dirt to find"

And we see again your naked bias. Whereas every time theres a story about dirt on Trump, you post 900 articles supporting the theory. But you have no clue, apparently about Sotomayor.

Here is what Sotomayor said about female Latina judges, on more than one occasion..."a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would, more often than not, reach a better conclusion"

So in her opinion, ethnicity and gender determine one's ability to be a skilled jurist. Things that no one has any control over.

Also, Sotomayor wrote 5 opinions while on the 2nd Court of Appeals. Three of her opinions, 60%, were overturned by the higher court. So she was found to be wrong on the law, 60% of the time. That deserves a promotion?

You've been annihilated here.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-fodder-to-f/
Quite the definitive source you have there.
Disagreeing with her opinions is fine and is not dirt.

Once again you’re butthurt about I like beer Kavanaugh
Trump is the issue
Claiming that he has it worse than any President ever is bs

Now the king from mar a lago is going to get foreign governments to pay him to go to his failing doral resort and that’s not a violation of the emoluments clause.
And as far as Syria goes, here’s where we are at with the great dealmaker
Turkey overruns the positions with withdrew from, we don’t do the sanctions after all, and we … thank them for agreeing to it?
Biggest loser ever

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2019, 02:29 PM   #54
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Happened to catch Mitt Romney’s speech and it’s dead on, as compared to the BS coming out of Trumps mouth; just unreal he can with a straight face tell America the pull out in Syria is a win win for everyone. Then they announce G7 is at Doral, nothing wrong there, let’s make Trump’s bank account great again, corruption in plain sight. This nut is a national security risk and I believe some in the GOP are starting to see that.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:10 PM   #55
Sea Dangles

Clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #56
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Right on schedule so predictable
Old 10-17-2019, 04:24 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Happened to catch Mitt Romney’s speech and it’s dead on, as compared to the BS coming out of Trumps mouth; just unreal he can with a straight face tell America the pull out in Syria is a win win for everyone. Then they announce G7 is at Doral, nothing wrong there, let’s make Trump’s bank account great again, corruption in plain sight. This nut is a national security risk and I believe some in the GOP are starting to see that.
beyond stupid to host g-7 at one of his properties.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #58
scottw

Quote:
beyond stupid to host g-7 at one of his properties.
Why? Seems like a great idea...
Old 10-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #59
scottw

It’s pretty funny to see people who refer to trump as a puppet race here all day long every day to post the latest democrap talking points and spin like little puppets on a string
Old 10-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Why? Seems like a great idea...
Why, because the Emoluments Clause absolutely prohibits it, but it’s a classic Trump family money grab, he couldn’t care less about the constitution.