Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #61
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But pay no attention to that or the fact that even holding both houses and the presidency he couldn’t kill the ACA

So what you said, "it’s been obvious for the past three years that for Trumplicans it’s the man that counts" and "one man clearly controls that party" is not true?

and now will do it with right wing activist judges.

Constitutionalist judges are not "activist."

Where is Trump's health care plan? There are just six weeks till Election Day. How has he not released a health care plan? Where is it? Why won't he release it? What is he hiding? Or does he still not have one, after dozens of promises over years to release a plan? Where is it?
The Constitution does not give the President the duty, nor the power, to create national health care plans.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-23-2020 at 09:23 AM..
Old 09-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Exactly wrong. I despise him as a man. For his supporters, it's his policies and results that count. I hate his ethics. I like his agenda.

Funny did that type of thinking work for Germans.

I hated Hilter the man and his killing of jews. But i like his results and agenda

Jim you can't go fishing with a child molester or rapist and claim your only with them for the boating and fishing

You own Trump the good the.bad and the ugly ... didn't your catholic back ground teach that?

Your like the rest of the conservatism lost rudderless no morals ethics purely Transactional

Also why now can the senate do a court justice but not a covid relive bill. Or would that just help blue states so f it ?
"You own Trump the good the.bad and the ugly"

Fine. Then to the same exact degree, you own Clinton's ugly deeds as well as the accusations against Biden.

Fair enough?

"didn't your catholic back ground teach that?"

My Catholicism makes it crystal clear that there's only one party to support. Here's a hint, it's not the party that celebrates 9th month abortions and tramples on the rights of the Little Sisters Of The Poor.

"lost rudderless no morals "

Anytime you'd like to have a rational, sane comparison of each others moral compass, I'm game.

I'm the one being consistent. You are the one with no morals or rudder. You say I own Trump (which is ridiculous), but you'd never admit you own Clintons character or Bidens. Only you get to support immoral people without having a stain. Its evil when the other side does it, perfectly OK when you do it. Because CNN said so.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #63
Jim in CT

WDMSO and Pete, it would be helpful to me, if you could explain how you justify the left's continued worshipping of Bill Clinton, given how you criticize all of Trumps supporters for not demanding better character from our side.

And what of the accusations against Biden? There's a rape accusation from a former staffer (not a deranged republican), and other accusations of misconduct from democrats. There's Biden telling blacks that republicans "want to put y'all back in chains". There's his plagiarism.

How come it's OK for you to overlook all that, but we are supposed to not support our flawed candidates? By what logic are the standards you apply, so different by party?
Old 09-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The Constitution does not give the President the duty, nor the power, to create national health care plans.
Ok

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Ok

The President can't enact a health care plan. He can sign a bill enacted by Congress. In the video, he kept referring to "we." If the "we" is Congress, then it is not something he created and enacted. If the "we" are advisers to Trump drawing up a plan, Trump cannot enact it. He would have to submit it to Congress, and Congress would create the bill.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"You own Trump the good the.bad and the ugly"

Fine. Then to the same exact degree, you own Clinton's ugly deeds as well as the accusations against Biden.

Fair enough?

"didn't your catholic back ground teach that?"

My Catholicism makes it crystal clear that there's only one party to support. Here's a hint, it's not the party that celebrates 9th month abortions and tramples on the rights of the Little Sisters Of The Poor.

"lost rudderless no morals "

Anytime you'd like to have a rational, sane comparison of each others moral compass, I'm game.

I'm the one being consistent. You are the one with no morals or rudder. You say I own Trump (which is ridiculous), but you'd never admit you own Clintons character or Bidens. Only you get to support immoral people without having a stain. Its evil when the other side does it, perfectly OK when you do it. Because CNN said so.

Bill Clinton is your response your deep in the trump fan club any other imanagry comparison you what to make.? Ps last time i checked Catholicism cares more than just abortion. We know you don't. Your false comparison are endless.. your Transactional funny what your willing to over look or even forgive with Trump but you do not provide the same forgiveness to Clinton's or Biden.

So much for that Moral commpass you ke3p telling us you have
Old 09-23-2020, 11:43 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

The president of the United States is trailing in the polls, can’t possibly win the popular vote, and wants to install a judge who supports him to the highest court in the land in order to help guarantee his re-election.

What would you call this if you saw it another country?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Dems nominated the first Catholic for president (1928), elected the first Catholic president (1960), and have had a Catholic on every ticket since 2004.

GOP has never nominated a Catholic for president or VP.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 11:49 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Bill Clinton is your response your deep in the trump fan club any other imanagry comparison you what to make.? Ps last time i checked Catholicism cares more than just abortion. We know you don't. Your false comparison are endless.. your Transactional funny what your willing to over look or even forgive with Trump but you do not provide the same forgiveness to Clinton's or Biden.

So much for that Moral commpass you ke3p telling us you have
Bill Clinton was my question. A question I see you chose not to answer. You guys crack me up.

"imaginary comparison you what to make.?"

So I'm imagining that Bill Clinton gave a big speech at the DNC this year, and talked about character in the oval office! No irony there.

"Ps last time i checked Catholicism cares more than just abortion."

I'm sure you're an expert. But you're right,. Catholics also care deeply about helping the poor, an issue on which conservatives are superior. We care about strong families, an issue on which liberals could not be more wrong. I can go all day if you want.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Dems nominated the first Catholic for president (1928), elected the first Catholic president (1960), and have had a Catholic on every ticket since 2004.

GOP has never nominated a Catholic for president or VP.
And JFK was some Catholic! You ;ecture me about Trumps moral compass, and you brink up JFK? A booze guzzling skirt chaser, who tried to hire the mob (through his family's deep ties) to assassinate Castro?

Oh man you are cute sometimes.

Biden isn't Catholic. You cannot be Catholic and be pro abortion, that's very clear, it's a binding belief. He says he's catholic. Saying you're catholic, isn't the litmus test. Living like a Catholic is the test.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And JFK was some Catholic! You ;ecture me about Trumps moral compass, and you brink up JFK? A booze guzzling skirt chaser, who tried to hire the mob (through his family's deep ties) to assassinate Castro?

Oh man you are cute sometimes.

Biden isn't Catholic. You cannot be Catholic and be pro abortion, that's very clear, it's a binding belief. He says he's catholic. Saying you're catholic, isn't the litmus test. Living like a Catholic is the test.
Now tell us how a catholic resolves executions, racism and refugees with the Pope's statements and with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Hypocrite

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now tell us how a catholic resolves executions, racism and refugees with the Pope's statements and with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Hypocrite

"Now tell us how a catholic resolves executions"

Simple. First, killing a convicted murderer isn't the moral equivalent of killing an unborn baby. Second, Catholics are encouraged to be opposed to the death penalty, but it's not a binding belief like opposing abortion is. I'm opposed to the death penalty. The Catholic catechism doesn't advocate for executions.

Please stop, you've got me on the ropes, show mercy!

"racism"

Easy. We're opposed to racism. While the GOP certainly ain't perfect on this or any issue, I'll take our policies over liberalism any day. At the SOTU, which side celebrated lowest ever black unemployment, which side was miserable about it? How about you reconcile that?

"refugees"

Also easy. The GOP is fine with granting actual asylum. We don't like open borders, or shortsighted and stupid policies which encourage destructive behavior.

Notice how I answered every question. I'll give you a third chance to do the same.

What do you think of the fact that the Democrat party still reveres Bill Clinton? How is their willingness to ignore his many moral lapses, different from what you accuse Trumplicans of doing?

I answered your questions. Can you show me the same courtesy?
Old 09-23-2020, 01:40 PM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

That’s what the pope said about those issues?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
That’s what the pope said about those issues?
If you won't answer my question, will you tell me why you refuse to do so?
Old 09-23-2020, 02:54 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Because those questions have nothing to do with the problem living in the White House
No American political leader has ever been as incompetent, uneducated and unethical as Trump, not even close.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
Because those questions have nothing to do with the problem living in the White House
No American political leader has ever been as incompetent, uneducated and unethical as Trump, not even close.
There have been a lot of American political "leaders" in our history. Several have been less competent, less educated, and less ethical than Trump. That was easy to say. Don't have to prove it. Just as you can't prove what you said is true. But it was real easy for you to say. Unsubstantiated and hateful stuff like that flows out of your brain on nearly a daily basis.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #77
Jim in CT

Quote:
The hell they don't. You criticize Trumps supporters all the time for overlooking his moral lapses. Yet that's exactly what you will do in a few weeks with Biden. And it's what democrats still do with Bill CLinton.

You have no answer, so you dodge like a coward. We get it.

"No American political leader has ever been as incompetent, uneducated and unethical as Trump, not even close."

Well, he pulverized Hilary, despite her having the media in her pocket. So, I think you'd have to say she's more incompetent.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There have been a lot of American political "leaders" in our history. Several have been less competent, less educated, and less ethical than Trump. That was easy to say. Don't have to prove it. Just as you can't prove what you said is true. But it was real easy for you to say. Unsubstantiated and hateful stuff like that flows out of your brain on nearly a daily basis.
Every American who supports Trump should never be allowed to forget what just happened on that stage. After all the offenses against the nation and the Constitution, he refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power. If you support this man, you cannot call yourself a patriot.

Lets Go Darwin