Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Grille Issues

Living near the water we haven’t invested in anything other than the CharBroil $300 Home Depot special with side burner. Once a year I take it apart to tap out the rust or and crap to keep the flame nice and even and to date have never had a problem with the side burner. Now the side burner flame isn’t that nice controlled blue and is smokey. Disassembled everything as I usually do, including the side burner, tap and blow out everything, main grilled burners are perfect but side burner still smokey. Not any adjustments on these low end grilles, so it’s probably something I will have to live with while grilling fish in my cast iron skillet.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Make sure no spiders got in there and built webs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Living near the water we haven’t invested in anything other than the CharBroil $300 Home Depot special with side burner.
About 15 years ago I bought a Kitchenaid -- at the time made by PGS I think -- and it's lived on the water its whole life and is still going strong. Electronic starter failed quickly but that's not a big deal. All stainless construction it's built like a tank.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #4
Guppy
User

1000 bucks all stainless over ten yrs ago needs a few parts but still working fine...
I miss the real stuff
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We bought a nice Weber for the cottage rebuild over the tax free weekend, looking forward to a higher end grille and no tanks down the road.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
We bought a nice Weber for the cottage rebuild over the tax free weekend, looking forward to a higher end grille and no tanks down the road.
Weber is a good grill. I think if you're going to grill a lot, like the convenience of gas and can afford it is worth to spend some $$$. I got the Kitchenaid 50% off and it was still a grand. The PGS are really spendy these days, don't know if I could stomach that.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote