Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep thinking that.
The ability of Congress to strip jurisdiction from the Supreme Court is real and pushing thru a “conservative” justice prior to the election puts the incumbent President and Senators on the wrong side of ACA, abortion and more than 60% of likely voters say the next President should fill the seat.
The ads are being written, Tweety’s appeal to his ever shrinking base, Biden’s to the majority of voters.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Keep thinking that.
The ability of Congress to strip jurisdiction from the Supreme Court is real and pushing thru a “conservative” justice prior to the election puts the incumbent President and Senators on the wrong side of ACA, abortion and more than 60% of likely voters say the next President should fill the seat.
The ads are being written, Tweety’s appeal to his ever shrinking base, Biden’s to the majority of voters.
very desperate.

You don't get to say what's the right/wrong side of abortion. That's an individual choice.

"more than 60% of likely voters say the next President should fill the seat"

He's filling the seat Pete. Let the chips fall where they may in November
Old 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re the desperate person, that’s why you’re posting 20X a day to try and rationalize the voices in your head.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:44 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
You’re the desperate person, that’s why you’re posting 20X a day to try and rationalize the voices in your head.
that would make you twice as desperate
Old 09-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Not by half
Old 09-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've been posting way less here, but I am enjoying you all go berserk.

My posts aren't bonkers. Between you and I, I am the only one who can admit his side plays dirty and is guilty of hypocrisy. Your brain just can't go there. Democrats are always flawless in yoru world.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry, Russian state media says if Tweety loses they’ll still keep him employed.
He might have room for you to visit at his dacha
Old 09-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #38
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It wouldn't be a shame to me. This is bigger than him. Bigger than Trump. This is shaping things for 30 years.
That’s what the nazi party said when they invaded Poland.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Taking a vote pre-election is a sure fire sign McConnell is already writing off Collins, Gardner, etc. AND Trump
Old 09-22-2020, 02:07 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
That’s what the nazi party said when they invaded Poland.
You're right! Other than the fact that this will mean less federal government authority, other than that, its exactly like the rise of Nazism. Because that's what Hitler was all about! Reducing the scope of his own authority, and increasing local authority. Right?

Nebe, when you're trying to tell us that a smaller federal government scope, which necessarily means more state and individual power, is tantamount to the Third Reich, we see how insanely out of comebacks you are. You have nothing. Zilch.

Try again.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You're right! Other than the fact that this will mean less federal government authority, other than that, its exactly like the rise of Nazism. Because that's what Hitler was all about! Reducing the scope of his own authority, and increasing local authority. Right?

Nebe, when you're trying to tell us that a smaller federal government scope, which necessarily means more state and individual power, is tantamount to the Third Reich, we see how insanely out of comebacks you are. You have nothing. Zilch.

Try again.
Maybe he thinks Trump is going to invade Poland.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m for term limits and I don’t think judges elected for life really reflect America evolving and changing with the times. Three term is more than enough a IMHO, then go back to private practice and PAY for your own heath care and retirement.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #43
scottw

this is great....buzzy dies and trump gets to nominate her replacement and the republican senate gets to confirm the nominee...all perfectly constitutional

and...

the dummies respond by threatening to pack the court, eliminate the electoral college, impeach trump daily, make new states etc. because they think that will ensure they will be in power forever...
and and now...suddenly... term limits for judges

the left is crazy and dangerous....
Old 09-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

I hear lots of high-minded talk during the Supreme Court fight from "conservatives" about the Constitution, the right to life, the rule of law, limited government, honoring the vision of the Founders, etc. I remember that the people making these arguments support Donald Trump
Old 09-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
I hear lots of high-minded talk during the Supreme Court fight from "conservatives" about the Constitution, the right to life, the rule of law, limited government, honoring the vision of the Founders, etc. I remember that the people making these arguments support Donald Trump
So you're saying that Biden should be the preferred candidate of the pro-life voters?
Old 09-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
They're supporting their party. Can't win if you diss your own. We're talking politics here. Trump has pretty much been held within current constitutional bounds.

Of course you think he is a constitution busting dictatorial NAZI. His judge picks are more constitutionally oriented than picks that the Dems would make.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:58 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

In your view
Old 09-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
In your view
based on facts.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:06 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

As he said, party before country and one man clearly controls that party
Old 09-23-2020, 06:59 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
As he said, party before country and one man clearly controls that party
show me where he said party before country, please? Hearing voices? Off your meds?
Old 09-23-2020, 07:03 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

“They're supporting their party.“
That’s exactly what he said
Old 09-23-2020, 07:12 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
“They're supporting their party.“
That’s exactly what he said
OK. And why do you make the leap to 'party over country'?

Common sense suggests that when one joins a party, one does so because they feel that party's agenda is better for the country, than the agenda of the other party.

YOU don't always support your party? Not always? Not every single time?
Old 09-23-2020, 07:18 AM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor Jim, it’s been obvious for the past three years that for Trumplicans it’s the man that counts.

It was a big story the first time Trump
1) held a rally during a pandemic
2) made bigoted attacks on Rep. Omar
3) praised the assault of a journalist

Last night he did all three... and none of it is breaking through. It's just the accepted behavior of the president now.
And perfectly ok with Trumplicans
Old 09-23-2020, 07:30 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor Jim, it’s been obvious for the past three years that for Trumplicans it’s the man that counts.

It was a big story the first time Trump
1) held a rally during a pandemic
2) made bigoted attacks on Rep. Omar
3) praised the assault of a journalist

Last night he did all three... and none of it is breaking through. It's just the accepted behavior of the president now.
And perfectly ok with Trumplicans
I asked you a very simple question - aren't you a prime example of someone who always supports his party? Youi respond with a Trump attack.

"for Trumplicans it’s the man that counts"

Exactly wrong. I despise him as a man. For his supporters, it's his policies and results that count. I hate his ethics. I like his agenda.

Tell me that's not the same logic democrats used to defend their support for Bill Clinton? To this day, in the era of #metoo, Bill Clinton is still worshipped among democrats. So spare me your phony sanctimonious bullsh*t. Democrats liked what Bill Clinton did (as did I), therefore they are more than willing to overlook his disgusting moral compass. We do the same thing with Trump.

But it's OK when you do it, a character flaw when I do it? Spare me. You can't have it both ways Pete. What's good for the goose...

You have an appetite for humiliation today, I see.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:48 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Sorry Jim, my agenda has always been that the barking carnival clown is unqualified and incompetent.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry Jim, my agenda has always been that the barking carnival clown is unqualified and incompetent.
What does it say about the flimsiness of your beliefs, that when I ask a simple but challenging question, you cannot come close to answering?

Destroyed, yet again.

I asked you about how it is that democrats can lecture about the need for character, when Bill Clinton is still a hero? You respond to that question, with orangemanbad. it's all you got. Except you don't even have that, because I concede he's a bad person, but like you with Clinton, I'm supporting his policy agenda.

But again, it's OK when you do it, bad when we do it.

Pulverized, like Ralphies glasses in A Christmas Story.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:15 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

You are a sad, sad little man.
Your measure of your self worth is dependent on your belief that you won an argument on the internet.
Tweety’s happy that everyone is arguing over Ginsberg’s replacement while he’s gave what is on the surface an anti-China speech at the UN--but listening to his Chinese counterpart speak, Trump's speech did China & Xi a favor by allowing China to present itself as the more responsible country, one that believes in international cooperation.
But pay no attention to that or the fact that even holding both houses and the presidency he couldn’t kill the ACA and now will do it with right wing activist judges.
Where is Trump's health care plan? There are just six weeks till Election Day. How has he not released a health care plan? Where is it? Why won't he release it? What is he hiding? Or does he still not have one, after dozens of promises over years to release a plan? Where is it?
Old 09-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #58
wdmso

Exactly wrong. I despise him as a man. For his supporters, it's his policies and results that count. I hate his ethics. I like his agenda.

Funny did that type of thinking work for Germans.

I hated Hilter the man and his killing of jews. But i like his results and agenda

Jim you can't go fishing with a child molester or rapist and claim your only with them for the boating and fishing

You own Trump the good the.bad and the ugly ... didn't your catholic back ground teach that?

Your like the rest of the conservatism lost rudderless no morals ethics purely Transactional

Also why now can the senate do a court justice but not a covid relive bill. Or would that just help blue states so f it ?
Old 09-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Funny did that type of thinking work for Germans.

I hated Hilter the man and his killing of jews. But i like his results and agenda

Jim you can't go fishing with a child molester or rapist and claim your only with them for the boating and fishing

You own Trump the good the.bad and the ugly ... didn't your catholic back ground teach that?

Your like the rest of the conservatism lost rudderless no morals ethics purely Transactional

Also why now can the senate do a court justice but not a covid relive bill. Or would that just help blue states so f it ?
WDMSO, Bill Clinton is a serial, lifelong abuser of women, and he is a hero among democrats, got a prime speaking gig at their convention.

So I'll ask you the question Pete can't answer. If it's OK for democrats to overlook Clintons awful morals and admire his political accomplishments, why is it comparable to Naziism when Republicans do the same with Trump?

You have fun trying to answer that.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are a sad, sad little man.
I can easily and happily answer every question you have ever asked. All you do is dodge and insult.