Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
jeffthechef
shut up and fish

air brush

the Pro. M. got me thinking (Bear Air thread) about how sooner or later it was coming to this....what is a good all around airbrush? I don't need the best, but don't want the worst either. an efficient, easy to use and clean system...what do you guys use?
pros v. cons...as always thanks!
jeff
jeffthechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I would get the Iwata Eclipse in bottom or top feed. Quality tool IMO and reasonably priced too. They are not sold by Bear air unfortunately. They carry the Peak which is pretty much a knockoff of the Iwata. Almost same gun, and less expensive. I got both but like the Iwata a little more, just better quality IMO, but also more $$. It will be your decision on weather you want top, gravity, or bottom, bottle, feed. Color cups turn the bottom feed, almost kind of, into a top feed though. I got 1 of each and find use for both. Got to clean them all too.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
jeffthechef
shut up and fish

thanks Pro.
jeff
Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
ThrowingTimber
It's about respect baby!

check with your local michaels/ac moore or similar craft stores. They'll usually publish a 50% off coupon that you can use to buy the airbrush half off, assuming they stock the one you want

Domination takes full concentration..
ThrowingTimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
jeffthechef
shut up and fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber View Post
check with your local michaels/ac moore or similar craft stores. They'll usually publish a 50% off coupon that you can use to buy the airbrush half off, assuming they stock the one you want
at 50% off, i think i can find something! they usually do the michaels coupon in the sunday insert.....time to scout!
appreciated.
jeff

BTW, just searched and found the mother of airbrush threads, it will save you guys any further harassment!

Last edited by jeffthechef; 08-03-2009 at 05:01 PM..