Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-17-2022, 08:04 AM   #1171
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now do Epstein
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-17-2022, 11:52 AM   #1172
Pete F.
Canceled

Epstein only got coffee

I was reading one of Putin’s ‘alerts’ this morning attacking a free press and NATO and then I realized it was actually a statement from Trump.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:26 PM   #1173
wdmso

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday urged Wisconsin Republican lawmakers to continue their pursuit of 2020 presidential election decertification.

Wisconsin GOP Assembly Speaker Robin Vos on Wednesday said there had been widespread fraud in the 2020 election, but he didn't believe there was a constitutional avenue to decertifying the results.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:39 PM   #1174
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Seems Trump's involvement was more social again again and again ..

But nothing to see ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EcAeLCiXYAA-93f.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	68785  
Old 03-17-2022, 03:19 PM   #1175
Jim in CT

Wayne, Pete brought Epstein. I'd like to know what Trumps relationship was, because it might prevent Trump from running again.

The only one on these recent posts denying anything, was Pete, who blamed Trump for having bad people vote for him but won't concede Weinstein was a huge democrat supporter.
Old 03-17-2022, 05:12 PM   #1176
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems Trump's involvement was more social again again and again ..

But nothing to see ..
Well, I see Clinton’s name on here a couple of times, and Schumer, and Kerry…but like you said, nothing to see when it comes to Trump.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...tteI/htmlview#

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-18-2022, 07:38 AM   #1177
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, I see Clinton’s name on here a couple of times, and Schumer, and Kerry…but like you said, nothing to see when it comes to Trump.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...tteI/htmlview#

I am just using conservatives processes of accusing others of crimes. Seeing evidence and facts are not required .

I just need to feel that’s what Trump was doing buying underage girls !

Simply Because he’s in a photo with

2 convicted felons years prior
Old 03-18-2022, 08:12 AM   #1178
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I am just using conservatives processes of accusing others of crimes. Seeing evidence and facts are not required .

I just need to feel that’s what Trump was doing buying underage girls !

Simply Because he’s in a photo with

2 convicted felons years prior

Like the Steele Dossier?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-18-2022, 08:33 AM   #1179
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Like the Steele Dossier?
Did the F.B.I. open the investigation because of the dossier?
Nope

counterintelligence agents launched the effort on July 30, 2016, they did not yet know about the dossier. An inspector general report established

like I said evidence and facts are not required ...
Old 03-18-2022, 09:03 AM   #1180
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did the F.B.I. open the investigation because of the dossier?
Nope

counterintelligence agents launched the effort on July 30, 2016, they did not yet know about the dossier. An inspector general report established

like I said evidence and facts are not required ...
did they get a FISA warrant to temporarily suspend the civil rights of an american citizen, based in part on the steele dossier?

Yup.

Just because the steele dossier didn’t kick the whole thing off, doesn’t mean there isn’t a story there.
Old 03-18-2022, 07:51 PM   #1181
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
did they get a FISA warrant to temporarily suspend the civil rights of an american citizen, based in part on the steele dossier?

Yup.

Just because the steele dossier didn’t kick the whole thing off, doesn’t mean there isn’t a story there.
The former White House Chief of Staff is under both federal and state investigation for criminal contempt of congress and voter fraud.

That’s a hell of a statement, and yet it’s page six news.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-19-2022, 12:58 AM   #1182
scottw

so you are saying nobody cares?
Old 03-19-2022, 06:07 AM   #1183
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so you are saying nobody cares?
You only care about what your choice of news tells you to

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-19-2022, 08:38 AM   #1184
wdmso

temporarily suspend the civil rights of an american citizen

Happens every day . In America
But Page is special?
Only in the eyes of Conservatives he feeds their deep state mantra .

Texas does this daily to families across the state , fearful of a knock on the door because Their kids gay or trans . And the are investigated for child abuse . Target by the Government with information provided by private citizens

Another example of Conservatives targeting others promoting discrimination by hiding behind words like child abuse or voter integrity

Don’t see you concerned over these Americans suspension of their civil right?

question why did Trump even hire him

Was because he one-man investment fund and consulting firm specializing in the Russian and Central Asian oil and gas business
Old 03-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #1185
Jim in CT

Quote:

But Page is special?

Texas does this daily to families across the state , fearful of a knock on the door because Their kids gay or trans . And the are investigated for child abuse . Target by the Government with information provided by private citizens

Another example of Conservatives targeting others promoting discrimination by hiding behind words like child abuse or voter integrity

Don’t see you concerned over these Americans suspension of their civil right?

question why did Trump even hire him

Was because he one-man investment fund and consulting firm specializing in the Russian and Central Asian oil and gas business
it’s not every day that it happens because law enforcement presented phony evidence ( paid for by a presidential campaign i believe? ) to a judge.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:25 PM   #1186
Jim in CT

Quote:

But Page is special?

Texas does this daily to families across the state , fearful of a knock on the door because Their kids gay or trans . iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]
is the state of texas rounding up gays now?
Old 03-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #1187
wdmso

Quote:
is the state of texas rounding up gays now?
is that where you draw the Line Jim? until that happens anything else is acceptable?
Old 03-19-2022, 03:10 PM   #1188
Jim in CT

Quote:
is that where you draw the Line Jim? until that happens anything else is acceptable?
you said parents of gays live i. fear because of what the state of texas is doing. what are they doing?
Old 03-19-2022, 04:20 PM   #1189
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you said parents of gays live i. fear because of what the state of texas is doing. what are they doing?
Parents of transgender children in Texas are reeling after Governor Greg Abbott issued a directive telling "licensed professionals" and "members of the general public" to report parents of transgender minors to authorities if it appears those children are receiving gender-affirming medical care.

The directive, which is not a law, was sent to the state's Department of Family and Protective Services this week, calling on the agency to investigate any reports of minors receiving gender-affirming care. On Monday, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton released an opinion that said allowing children to receive care like puberty blockers, hormone therapy and surgery is child abuse.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-19-2022, 06:41 PM   #1190
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Parents of transgender children in Texas are reeling after Governor Greg Abbott issued a directive telling "licensed professionals" and "members of the general public" to report parents of transgender minors to authorities if it appears those children are receiving gender-affirming medical care.

The directive, which is not a law, was sent to the state's Department of Family and Protective Services this week, calling on the agency to investigate any reports of minors receiving gender-affirming care. On Monday, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton released an opinion that said allowing children to receive care like puberty blockers, hormone therapy and surgery is child abuse.
thus involves situations where people are giving hormones or gender changing treatment to children, right?

i don’t let my kids pick the dinner menu regularly, because i don’t want to eat snickers bars for dinner. i ain’t letting them decide to mutilate themselves.

kids can’t make these decisions, they’re not equipped. not even close. that’s why they need parents.

looks like there’s no consensus on whether or not the effects of these treatments are reversible. i’d outlaw it in the case of children.

i want every single kid to be ecstatically happy and confident and secure. im skeptical that allowing little kids decide to do this to themselves, is a good idea. it sounds bonkers to me. adults can do whatever they want.
Old 03-19-2022, 07:53 PM   #1191
wdmso

Quote:
thus involves situations where people are giving hormones or gender changing treatment to children, right?

i don’t let my kids pick the dinner menu regularly, because i don’t want to eat snickers bars for dinner. i ain’t letting them decide to mutilate themselves.

kids can’t make these decisions, they’re not equipped. not even close. that’s why they need parents.

looks like there’s no consensus on whether or not the effects of these treatments are reversible. i’d outlaw it in the case of children.

i want every single kid to be ecstatically happy and confident and secure. im skeptical that allowing little kids decide to do this to themselves, is a good idea. it sounds bonkers to me. adults can do whatever they want.

if it appears those children are receiving gender-affirming medical care.

So you support citizens reporting parents based on if they think or it appears ?

Jim this is just like CRT or FLA don’t say gay bill

It’s not happening in schools and trans parents aren’t abusing their children ! It’s just in the imagination of law makers and their uninformed voters .

But guess what

Conversion Therapy’ Aimed at Gay People Remains Legal in Texas

Funny how that works
Old 03-20-2022, 02:08 AM   #1192
scottw

Old 03-20-2022, 05:12 AM   #1193
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Best post you have ever made.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:27 AM   #1194
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Best post you have ever made.
hard to believe we’re debating that issue, hard to believe there are two sides.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:33 AM   #1195
scottw

gotta like our chances in the Olympics in the future....China and Russia tried to send teams of women bulked up on drugs to be like men...we can just send teams of biological men who decide they are women....if we can just get kids to start understanding at kindergarten or so that there really aren't any genders...or possibly a million...they can grow up to compete in whatever they feel like at the time....they could grow up to be "man of the year" and "woman of the year "...all in the same year potentially....progress
Old 03-20-2022, 07:21 AM   #1196
wdmso

Classic Scott only post the side of the story that supports the outrage he feels towards people who are not like him.. very classy and very petty

Seems the grammar and spelling expert missed the subtle differences between woman a singular noun whereas women is a plural Noun

USA today did not have 1 woman of the year but 61 women So please present the whole Truth not just A bra wearing youtube Host

Rachel Levine is one of 60 USA TODAY’s Women of the Year

https://www.usatoday.com/storytellin...the-year-2022/

Transgender and gays have been around Since Society started keeping records ...

And those most afraid of these people in America seem to be Christain Republican hetorosexual white Men !

if we can just get kids to start understanding at kindergarten or so that there really aren't any genders thanks you for supporting my observation

Old 03-20-2022, 07:35 AM   #1197
scottw

^^^that was insightful...
Old 03-20-2022, 07:40 AM   #1198
scottw

Quote:

Classic Scott only post the side of the story that supports the outrage he feels towards people who are not like him.. very classy and very petty
yeah, not really outrage...but we know your brain is a funny place....

I'm very happy for Lia, that they were able to accomplish her lifelong dream of competing as a woman in women's swimming at the highest level....

I am very sad for the women who were never told, as they trained for years to compete at the highest level in women's swimming that they would eventually be competing against and losing to a biological man....
Old 03-20-2022, 08:36 AM   #1199
Jim in CT

Quote:

Seems the grammar and spelling expert missed the subtle differences between woman a singular noun whereas women is a plural Noun

USA today did not have 1 woman of the year but 61 women So please present the whole Truth not just A bra wearing youtube Host

Rachel Levine is one of 60 USA TODAY’s Women of the Year

https://www.usatoday.com/storytellin...the-year-2022/

Transgender and gays have been around Since Society started keeping records ...

And those most afraid of these people in America seem to be Christain Republican hetorosexual white Men !

if we can just get kids to start understanding at kindergarten or so that there really aren't any genders thanks you for supporting my observation

truth? you want truth? if you have a wee wee, you’re a man. how’s that for truth. not complicated or refutable.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:47 AM   #1200
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If you have a Y chromosome, you’re a man

Believe the Science