Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quinnipiac poll has Biden’s approval with hispanics at 26%

mind boggling.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/biden-app...ic-voters-poll
Old 04-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #2
Nebe

Yeah but no angry tweets.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-14-2022, 04:59 PM   #3
wdmso

Poll: Hispanics aren’t flocking to the GOP, but Democrats still have problems

About 48 percent of Hispanics nationwide consider themselves Democrats, and only 23 percent identify as Republican, the poll found. Hispanic voters give

President Joe Biden a positive job-approval rating, 48 percent to 29 percent, in contrast to disapproval of 54 percent to 44 percent among registered voters overall in the most recent

It’s not hard to find a different poll expressing a different view

Funny when and how Conservatives like Hispanics
Old 04-14-2022, 05:24 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Poll: Hispanics aren’t flocking to the GOP, but Democrats still have problems

About 48 percent of Hispanics nationwide consider themselves Democrats, and only 23 percent identify as Republican, the poll found. Hispanic voters give

President Joe Biden a positive job-approval rating, 48 percent to 29 percent, in contrast to disapproval of 54 percent to 44 percent among registered voters overall in the most recent

It’s not hard to find a different poll expressing a different view

Funny when and how Conservatives like Hispanics
you’re right! nothing at all to see. you just keep ignoring everything other than what you hear on CNN. they’re never wrong.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:20 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Ron DeSantis just signed a law banning abortion in Florida. And he did so AT A CHURCH

Kentucky and Oklahoma also banned abortion this week

For the GOP religion and state are one. There is no separation

The American Taliban has arrived, cloaked in the flag and wielding a cross
Old 04-14-2022, 08:27 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Ron DeSantis just signed a law banning abortion in Florida. And he did so AT A CHURCH

Kentucky and Oklahoma also banned abortion this week

For the GOP religion and state are one. There is no separation

The American Taliban has arrived, cloaked in the flag and wielding a cross
this will make you feel better,, Desantis’ approval ratings are almost double Biden’s.

Also did you know NY has fewer residents than FL ( partly caused by Cuomos killing God knows how many seniors), and the NY state budget is about double that of Fl.

so florid-uh spends only half as much per resident, yet huge numbers of new yorkers are moving to florida,, not nearly as many move from FL to NY. Spending less, and offering a better product.

Winning.

Oh, i know how that drives you bonkers.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:38 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
After 15 weeks……you always seem to skip over the important part

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-14-2022, 10:54 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The important part is it requires reporting to the state that it happened and why. This is beyond anything we’ve ever seen. It’s deplorable.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:10 PM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The important part is it requires reporting to the state that it happened and why. This is beyond anything we’ve ever seen. It’s deplorable.
And yet we had hotlines established to report people who didn’t wear masks….your faux outrage is laughable

Old 04-15-2022, 03:34 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Flanked by small children holding “Choose Life” posters, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) signs into law a near-total ban on abortion after 15 weeks, with no exceptions for rape, incest, or human trafficking.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 03:35 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

What DeSantis hasn't done: pre/post-natal care, pre-k education, child care, mental health counseling for victims, food/transportation/rent support. In other words, everything you'd do if you were actually pro-life. He's just anti-women.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:46 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And yet we had hotlines established to report people who didn’t wear masks….your faux outrage is laughable
Oh, so is it my body my choice?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 05:38 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
exactly, exactly, exactly.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:41 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Flanked by small children holding “Choose Life” posters, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) signs into law a near-total ban on abortion after 15 weeks, with no exceptions for rape, incest, or human trafficking.
there will be fewer babies slaughtered, and more born, because of this bill. why not have kids around at the signing? it’s pretty common when signing a bill, for politicians to surround themselves with those who are beneficiaries of the bill.

your side never ever wants to discuss this….but children are a big part of the abortion debate. your side only talks about the benefits to the woman, which is one part of the debate, but there’s another side. the other side is the baby.

liberals hate when that side is discussed.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:45 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
What DeSantis hasn't done: pre/post-natal care, pre-k education, child care, mental health counseling for victims, food/transportation/rent support. In other words, everything you'd do if you were actually pro-life. He's just anti-women.
yet for some reason, tons and tons of people flee states that you’d say offer those things, and move to florida. why is that?

the state of florida doesn’t need to provide those things. there’s no state income tax, and cost of living is low. people can use that savings and get those things for themselves

that’s called freedom.

you can’t win this. you’re not holding any cards.

FL has more citizens than NY yet the state budget is half
if what NY’ is. And no one is moving to NY, and tons of people are moving to FL.

lower cost of living, yet a high enough quality of life that huge numbers of people
want to live there.

FL is offering a better product at a cheaper price. It’s an amazingly well run state, which is exactly why all you can do is call it Flori-duh. That’s all you’ve got. Because FL is winning.

That’s what winning looks like. A state can’t win any more than that, and you’d die before you just admitted it.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:51 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
there are no other situations where medical data is reported to state government? none? and you know this how?

i’ve seen many studies done about how many abortions have been done, and why they were done. those studies are everywhere. that data has always been available somewhere. The CDC has all
kinds of abortion data available.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:21 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Apropos of literally everything: there is no blood test for medication abortion. Doctors cannot tell the difference between a medication abortion in progress vs. spontaneous miscarriage when a patient presents for treatment and the medical standard of care is the same for both.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:30 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Apropos of literally everything: there is no blood test for medication abortion. Doctors cannot tell the difference between a medication abortion in progress vs. spontaneous miscarriage when a patient presents for treatment and the medical standard of care is the same for both.
maybe this will incentivize people
to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.

there’s a downside to the liberal
motto of “if it feels good, do it, and screw the consequences.”.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:01 AM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh, so is it my body my choice?
Well, yeah

Old 04-15-2022, 07:06 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Yep not surprised the only examples I found were Arkansas Department of Health Red state States You can call that number and make a complaint if you see retailers and restaurants not complying with the mask mandate. and in Ohio
Clearly stating This is not intended to be going out and finding people not wearing masks.

So it’s just a bit disingenuous to suggest it’s reporting individual citizens .. like many of theses red state abortion or Transgender laws empower citizens to sue or report citizens whom the believe my have broken the law
Old 04-15-2022, 07:14 AM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Excuse me if I don’t trust your googling skills…..shocking

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...s/2207579/?amp

I know Mass is the gold standard when it comes to red states
Old 04-15-2022, 07:26 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yep not surprised the only examples I found were Arkansas Department of Health Red state States You can call that number and make a complaint if you see retailers and restaurants not complying with the mask mandate. and in Ohio
Clearly stating This is not intended to be going out and finding people not wearing masks.

So it’s just a bit disingenuous to suggest it’s reporting individual citizens .. like many of theses red state abortion or Transgender laws empower citizens to sue or report citizens whom the believe my have broken the law
If Florida is so oppressive and authoritarian and anti-woman and backwards, why are so many people moving there?

If you are going to say "warm weather", then please explain why they're choosing Florida instead of southern California? CA has nice weather and is also liberal. So if people wanted that, they'd be moving to southern CA, but they're not.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:39 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
maybe this will incentivize people
to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.

there’s a downside to the liberal
motto of “if it feels good, do it, and screw the consequences.”.
Jim,
you are either one of the cruelest humans to ever live or have no idea how many women miscarry.
Hopefully it is the latter.
Perhaps you should discuss this with someone with a uterus.
The number of miscarriages is currently around 10% of pregnancies.
You think that women who lose a fetus should be have to prove their innocence.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 10:14 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim,
you are either one of the cruelest humans to ever live or have no idea how many women miscarry.
Hopefully it is the latter.
Perhaps you should discuss this with someone with a uterus.
The number of miscarriages is currently around 10% of pregnancies.
You think that women who lose a fetus should be have to prove their innocence.
"you are either one of the cruelest humans to ever live"

Yes, the folks who don't like the idea of slaughtering millions of innocent babies for no good reason, WE are the cruel ones. Not the folks who support the slaughter of millions of babies, rather than giving them up for adoption and then getting on with your life.

Good luck with that logic.

"or have no idea how many women miscarry."

I know it's not uncommon, but I have no idea what that has to do with abortion. Sorry. Strike one.

"Perhaps you should discuss this with someone with a uterus."

I have, many times.

Another lie your side tells on this issue (to avoid the truth) is that this is a women's issue, a woman's right. Bull. There are millions and millions of smart, impressive women who oppose abortion. Way too many if its a fundamental women's right.

Strike two.

"You think that women who lose a fetus should be have to prove their innocence."

No I don't.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:29 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

As usual you claim a win with swings and whiffs
Whiff one
Roughly 10% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion.
Whiff two
The majority of Americans support abortion rights
Whiff three
You just claimed that “ maybe this will incentivize people
to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.”
Old 04-15-2022, 10:54 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
As usual you claim a win with swings and whiffs
Whiff one
Roughly 10% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion.
Whiff two
The majority of Americans support abortion rights
Whiff three
You just claimed that “ maybe this will incentivize people
to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.”
"Roughly 10% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion."

I didn't disagree. So I don't know what, or who, you are responding to. Happened to my wife. What does that have to do with abortion?

"The majority of Americans support abortion rights"

Again, I have never disagreed with that.

Are you responding to me? Because as usual, you're responding to things I never said.

I said millions of women are opposed to abortion. Thats nowhere near the same as saying "a majority of Americans are opposed to abortion".

Are you off your meds or something?

"“ maybe this will incentivize people to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.”"

Finally, something I actually said!

I don't think casual sex in massive numbers, is a good thing. I don't say that because i'm a Puritan. I say that, because the data is pretty clear that's the case, if you look at data on unwanted pregnancies, fatherless kids, sexually transmitted disease, infidelity, divorce, and yes, abortion. A lot of it starts with degrading sex to a meaningless, casual transaction.

If people can't get an abortion easily, that would likely result in less undesirable outcomes.

Encouraging unproductive behavior, generally leads to more of that behavior. Is that going too fast for you?

Liberals are clearly OK with that in some cases, just look at the culture liberals have created in the cities.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:06 AM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
unwanted pregnancies, fatherless kids, sexually transmitted disease, infidelity, divorce, and yes, abortion.
That's all good. It's women (and men) controlling their own bodies.
Old 04-15-2022, 11:38 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Roughly 10% of pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion."

I didn't disagree. So I don't know what, or who, you are responding to. Happened to my wife. What does that have to do with abortion?

"The majority of Americans support abortion rights"

Again, I have never disagreed with that.

Are you responding to me? Because as usual, you're responding to things I never said.

I said millions of women are opposed to abortion. Thats nowhere near the same as saying "a majority of Americans are opposed to abortion".

Are you off your meds or something?

"“ maybe this will incentivize people to put a little bit more thought into the significant decisions they make. that would be a good thing.”"

Finally, something I actually said!

I don't think casual sex in massive numbers, is a good thing. I don't say that because i'm a Puritan. I say that, because the data is pretty clear that's the case, if you look at data on unwanted pregnancies, fatherless kids, sexually transmitted disease, infidelity, divorce, and yes, abortion. A lot of it starts with degrading sex to a meaningless, casual transaction.

If people can't get an abortion easily, that would likely result in less undesirable outcomes.

Encouraging unproductive behavior, generally leads to more of that behavior. Is that going too fast for you?

Liberals are clearly OK with that in some cases, just look at the culture liberals have created in the cities.
No Jim back alley abortions don’t provide better outcomes

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's all good. It's women (and men) controlling their own bodies.
Who’s the drug and orgy party?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-15-2022, 11:41 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
No Jim back alley abortions don’t provide better outcomes
True. Best to not sleep around, then.

Do you ever talk about this issue from the point of view of the baby? Ever?