Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-10-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Jim in CT

difference between the parties

So to Democrats, a nativity scene has no business being displayed in public space. But a painting that shows cops as pigs, gunning down innocent black children, that's worthy of public display.

And they still don't get why the GOP controls the Oval Office, both houses of Congress, a large majority of governorships, and a large majority of state legislatures.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...g-removal.html
Old 01-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
wdmso

Again get your facts correct Supreme Court has ruled that the government may not display nativity scenes at the entrance to core government buildings (not Democrats )

Shocking the kid won a contest as did everyone else that it is hung next to

its gone unnoticed for about seven months, until officer groups began to complain

So much for the
First Amendment rights of the 18-year-old artist, David Pulphus.

I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution I forgot only where and when it suits Them
Old 01-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So much for the
So much for the First Amendment rights of artist Garry Harley.....

http://www.salemnews.com/news/art-or...6e9159a4e.html
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again get your facts correct Supreme Court has ruled that the government may not display nativity scenes at the entrance to core government buildings (not Democrats )

Shocking the kid won a contest as did everyone else that it is hung next to

its gone unnoticed for about seven months, until officer groups began to complain

So much for the

I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution I forgot only where and when it suits Them
WDMSO, who sues when religion enters the public square in any way? You deny it's liberals?

This artist, of course, has the right to make whatever historically inaccurate horsesh*t art he wants. He has that right. That doesn't mean it must be on display in the US Capital.

My facts were correct - liberals would tend to be OK with depicting cops as kids, but they'd be offended by a nativity scene. Forget the courts, which I never referred to. I am talking about what your side believes.

In 2018, 10 democrat senators are up for re-election in states that rump won. If your side remains this clueless about what the majority of American people believe, they will continue to be irrelevant.

He "won a contest"? The contest was decided by the one person, the congressman, a left wing nut who hates cops and would have picked anything that made cops look bad. Whoop-dee-do.

"I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution '

We do. You show me what part of the constitution is violated by refusing to let that thing hang in the US Capital? If the kid wants to put on an art show on his own dime, fine. That's public property. None of has a constitutional right to display our art in a public place.

As I said, this will help my side and hurt your side. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So much for the First Amendment rights of artist Garry Harley.....

http://www.salemnews.com/news/art-or...6e9159a4e.html
Same as above
So much for the
First Amendment rights
Old 01-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
WDMSO, who sues when religion enters the public square in any way? You deny it's liberals? Yes the are called ACLU

This artist, of course, has the right to make whatever historically inaccurate horsesh*t art he wants. He has that right. That doesn't mean it must be on display in the US Capital. Why because people dont like it wrong answer where was the outrage 7 months ago

My facts were correct - liberals would tend to be OK with depicting cops as kids, but they'd be offended by a nativity scene. Forget the courts, which I never referred to. I am talking about what your side believes. Forget the law of the land for this but not for 2a rights its not how it works

In 2018, 10 democrat senators are up for re-election in states that rump won. If your side remains this clueless about what the majority of American people believe, they will continue to be irrelevant.

stop telling half truth trump won no majority he won the election
Clinton Trump
Total 65,844,610 62,979,636

He "won a contest"? The contest was decided by the one person, the congressman, a left wing nut who hates cops and would have picked anything that made cops look bad. Whoop-dee-do.

"I thought Republicans Loved the Constitution '

We do. You show me what part of the constitution is violated by refusing to let that thing hang in the US Capital? If the kid wants to put on an art show on his own dime, fine. That's public property. None of has a constitutional right to display our art in a public place.

If i have to show you then you dont understand the constitution

As I said, this will help my side and hurt your side. Keep up the good work. Typical republicans haven't been in the white house in 8 years they win 1 election and talking as if they did something don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:44 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Same as above
So much for the
First Amendment rights
Not really, The "Same Side of The Aisle" that put up Cops as Pigs painting are the ones that demanded that the KKK painting be removed.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #8
PaulS

The irony of arguing whether a KKK painting should be removed on a day when someone gets the death penalty for shooting a bunch of African American people while they were in church and a AG is being questioned on his use of calling an AA "boy" and his being questioned on his bringing trumped up voter fraud charges against some AA for helping others submit absenstee votes. Meanwhile we have a Pres Elect who retweeted tweets from the daily stormer only 10 days away from becoming Pres.

The Rep who put it up is an idiot for doing that.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Why because people dont like it "

Because it's based on a lie, and it paints heroes as pigs and murderers. I'd like to see your reaction if I hung a painting at the US Capital, that showed blacks as monkeys who only stop doing drugs long enough to cash welfare checks or rob white people. Because that's roughly the mirror image of that painting. Neither has any business hanging in the US Capital.

"where was the outrage 7 months ago "

Who cares? I got outraged when I first heard about it, which was this week. I'm sorry that I didn't know about it 7 months ago.

"Forget the law of the land "

I never, ever said forget the law of the land. I said it's interesting to me, that liberals are OK with this painting, but not of a nativity scene.

"stop telling half truth "

Now who is wrong on the facts? I'm not just talking about the Oval Office. The GOP controls both houses of Congress, a large majority of state governorships, and a large majority of state legislatures. Go ahead and tell me, is that statement true or false? and 2018 is shaping up to be another landslide for the GOP, look at which senators are up for re-election, and in which states.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not really, The "Same Side of The Aisle" that put up Cops as Pigs painting are the ones that demanded that the KKK painting be removed.
BINGO.

If the Dems want to pick a fight over this painting, and pick an anti-Semitic nutjob like Keith Elison to head their party, let's see how that plays everywhere other than Hollywood and Manhattan.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
9 more days 👍
Old 01-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #12
Jim in CT

By the way, the congressman who insists on hanging this piece of crap, is a guy named William Lacy Clay.

In 2015, here is what the same Mr Lacy said about displaying confederate-themed art in public places in 2015. Back then, here's what he had to say...

"symbols associated with this country’s racist, oppressive past should not be elevated or displayed in public places.”

So if something offends him, it cannot be shown in public. If something offends someone else, tough cookies for them.

Way to have your cake and eat it too, Mr Clay

http://fox2now.com/2015/06/29/congre...rate-memorial/
Old 01-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
PaulS

So that guy is representative of all Dems. What do the following say about Reps?

Carl Paladino, a western New York builder, one-time Republican candidate for governor of New York and political ally of President-elect Donald J. Trump, came under fire on Friday for racially offensive comments about President Obama and the first lady, who Mr. Paladino said should be “let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe.”

Mr. Paladino’s comments were published in Artvoice, a weekly Buffalo newspaper. They came in response to an open-ended feature in which local figures were asked about their hopes for 2017.

“Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Herford,” said Mr. Paladino, who ran unsuccessfully for governor in 2010, making an apparent reference to the Hereford cattle breed. He said he hoped the disease killed the president.

Asked what he most wanted to see “go away” in the new year, Mr. Paladino — who has a reputation in New York political and business circles for speaking in an unfiltered manner reminiscent of Mr. Trump’s — answered, “Michelle Obama.”

“I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla,” he said.

Condemnation of the remarks was swift on social media and among elected officials around the state. The local county executive called for Mr. Paladino to immediately resign his post on the Buffalo school board.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat who defeated Mr. Paladino in 2010, called the comments “racist, ugly and reprehensible.” He said in a statement that Mr. Paladino had a “long history” of making similar comments and that he had “embarrassed the good people of the state with his latest hate-filled rage.”

Mr. Trump did not personally step to the defense of Mr. Paladino, who served as a New York co-chairman of the president-elect’s campaign and describes himself as a personal friend of Mr. Trump’s. “Carl’s comments are absolutely reprehensible, and they serve no place in our public discourse,” Jessica Ditto, a spokeswoman for Mr. Trump, said.

“I did it to wake people up; I did it to get people’s attention,” he said in the telephone interview. He pointed to a page-long statement, published after the comments were made, in which he outlined his grievances with the Obama administration. “He couldn’t care less about the people,” he said of the president in the statement.

Pamela Ramsey Taylor, the director of Clay County Development Corp. near Charleston, wrote about Melania Trump becoming first lady after Donald Trump won the election. On her Facebook page, Taylor said: “It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I’m tired of seeing a Ape in heels.

In October this year, Dan Johnson, a GOP candidate for Kentucky’s state legislature, posted pictures of President Obama and the first lady with ape-like features. Johnson, a Lousiana bishop, also captioned a picture of a baby chimpanzee as being a picture of the president when he was a child.

“It wasn’t meant to be racist. I can tell you that. My history’s good there. I can see how people would be offended in that. I wasn’t trying to offend anybody, but, I think Facebook’s entertaining,” he reportedly said.

West York, Pennsylvania, Mayor Charles Wasko was under scrutiny in September this year for a June post in which he said a picture of a monkey was actually a picture of Michelle Obama. He also captioned a picture of a wagon of orangutans as “moving day at the White House.”

Patrick Rushing, mayor of Airway Heights, Washington, was asked to stepped down for calling the first lady “Gorilla face” on Facebook. “Gorilla face Michelle, can't disagree with that. The woman is not attractive except to monkey man Barack. Check out them ears. LOL,” the mayor posted in July, 2015.

He refused to resign, saying: “I made a mistake. I owned up to my mistake. If I do resign that’s admitting I’m a racist and I’m not.”

“It’s just playful back and forth banter that my friends and I do,” he added.

In 2011, a GOP activist from South Carolina said a gorilla which escaped from a zoo was Michelle Obama’s “ancestor.”

Rusty DePass, also a former chairman of the state election commission, commented on a Facebook post on the animal’s escape from Columbia’s Riverbanks Zoo saying, “I’m sure it’s just one of Michelle’s ancestors — probably harmless.”

He admitted later he was referring to the first lady and apologized for his comment: “I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest.”

Mr. Paladino, in the interview with The Times, said he was “not politically correct,” though he disputed the notion that his comments were racist. Asked why he wanted to see the first lady live with a gorilla in Africa, he paused for a long time, then said: “What’s wrong with that?”
Old 01-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
seem you confuse Law makers with students

So much for the
First Amendment rights thats my position in both cases but why should that matter
Old 01-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So that guy is representative of all Dems. What do the following say about Reps?

Carl Paladino, a western New York builder, one-time Republican candidate for governor of New York and political ally of President-elect Donald J. Trump, came under fire on Friday for racially offensive comments about President Obama and the first lady, who Mr. Paladino said should be “let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe.”

Mr. Paladino’s comments were published in Artvoice, a weekly Buffalo newspaper. They came in response to an open-ended feature in which local figures were asked about their hopes for 2017.

“Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Herford,” said Mr. Paladino, who ran unsuccessfully for governor in 2010, making an apparent reference to the Hereford cattle breed. He said he hoped the disease killed the president.

Asked what he most wanted to see “go away” in the new year, Mr. Paladino — who has a reputation in New York political and business circles for speaking in an unfiltered manner reminiscent of Mr. Trump’s — answered, “Michelle Obama.”

“I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla,” he said.

Condemnation of the remarks was swift on social media and among elected officials around the state. The local county executive called for Mr. Paladino to immediately resign his post on the Buffalo school board.

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat who defeated Mr. Paladino in 2010, called the comments “racist, ugly and reprehensible.” He said in a statement that Mr. Paladino had a “long history” of making similar comments and that he had “embarrassed the good people of the state with his latest hate-filled rage.”

Mr. Trump did not personally step to the defense of Mr. Paladino, who served as a New York co-chairman of the president-elect’s campaign and describes himself as a personal friend of Mr. Trump’s. “Carl’s comments are absolutely reprehensible, and they serve no place in our public discourse,” Jessica Ditto, a spokeswoman for Mr. Trump, said.

“I did it to wake people up; I did it to get people’s attention,” he said in the telephone interview. He pointed to a page-long statement, published after the comments were made, in which he outlined his grievances with the Obama administration. “He couldn’t care less about the people,” he said of the president in the statement.

Pamela Ramsey Taylor, the director of Clay County Development Corp. near Charleston, wrote about Melania Trump becoming first lady after Donald Trump won the election. On her Facebook page, Taylor said: “It will be so refreshing to have a classy, beautiful, dignified First Lady back in the White House. I’m tired of seeing a Ape in heels.

In October this year, Dan Johnson, a GOP candidate for Kentucky’s state legislature, posted pictures of President Obama and the first lady with ape-like features. Johnson, a Lousiana bishop, also captioned a picture of a baby chimpanzee as being a picture of the president when he was a child.

“It wasn’t meant to be racist. I can tell you that. My history’s good there. I can see how people would be offended in that. I wasn’t trying to offend anybody, but, I think Facebook’s entertaining,” he reportedly said.

West York, Pennsylvania, Mayor Charles Wasko was under scrutiny in September this year for a June post in which he said a picture of a monkey was actually a picture of Michelle Obama. He also captioned a picture of a wagon of orangutans as “moving day at the White House.”

Patrick Rushing, mayor of Airway Heights, Washington, was asked to stepped down for calling the first lady “Gorilla face” on Facebook. “Gorilla face Michelle, can't disagree with that. The woman is not attractive except to monkey man Barack. Check out them ears. LOL,” the mayor posted in July, 2015.

He refused to resign, saying: “I made a mistake. I owned up to my mistake. If I do resign that’s admitting I’m a racist and I’m not.”

“It’s just playful back and forth banter that my friends and I do,” he added.

In 2011, a GOP activist from South Carolina said a gorilla which escaped from a zoo was Michelle Obama’s “ancestor.”

Rusty DePass, also a former chairman of the state election commission, commented on a Facebook post on the animal’s escape from Columbia’s Riverbanks Zoo saying, “I’m sure it’s just one of Michelle’s ancestors — probably harmless.”

He admitted later he was referring to the first lady and apologized for his comment: “I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest.”

Mr. Paladino, in the interview with The Times, said he was “not politically correct,” though he disputed the notion that his comments were racist. Asked why he wanted to see the first lady live with a gorilla in Africa, he paused for a long time, then said: “What’s wrong with that?”
"So that guy is representative of all Dems"

No, he's not. But as I keep saying to you every time you bring this up, the 2 parties do have tendencies on some policy issues, would you agree?

Paul, here is the difference, and if I am wrong, please tell us specifically where I am wrong, OK?

Republicans, as a group, vehemently denounce racism, in all of its forms (with some rare, repugnant exceptions). Now, which influential Democrats, have denounced Black Lives Matter, or Al Sharpton?

The Christian right led the charge against slavery, and we led the charge against segregation, and in my opinion, our stated policies would be far more productive at lifting blacks out of poverty than the liberal platform (which is crippling blacks by making them addicted to welfare, telling them that nothing is their fault, and incentivizing fatherlessness...those things have just worked great in our big cities, haven't they)

"Pamela Ramsey Taylor, the director of Clay County Development Corp. near Charleston,"

You are comparing this person, who no one has ever heard of, to a United States Congressman?
Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
seem you confuse Law makers with students
Shouldn't we hold Law Makers to a higher Standard?

Old 01-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Your side is saying that Jeff Sessions is a racist because he said boy "which is offensive", an dbecause he brought charges against some activists who were cleared, with no sanctions filed against Mr Sessions, correct?

Also, when he was a prosecutor, Mr Sessions secured a death penalty against the head of the KKK in his state. So if he's a racist, he's not very good at it, is he? My senator, Richard Blumenthal, asked Mr Sessions today if he had ever been honored by the KKK. He had no evidence that Sessions had ever been so honored, naturally, he just wanted to make the accusation.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
"Why because people dont like it " who are we ?? some find it distasteful other could careless and Ive been in Law enforcement for 29years not going to cry about a painting

Because it's based on a lie, and it paints heroes as pigs and murderers. I'd like to see your reaction if I hung a painting at the US Capital, that showed blacks as monkeys who only stop doing drugs long enough to cash welfare checks or rob white people. Because that's roughly the mirror image of that painting. Neither has any business hanging in the US Capital.

Some police are heroes and some are murderers .. you clearly dont the understand the image of a cop is not about a White or Black person its about the institution ..your example above in no way mirrors the other painting yours is only about race

"where was the outrage 7 months ago "

Who cares? I got outraged when I first heard about it, which was this week. I'm sorry that I didn't know about it 7 months ago.

I care its another manufactured outrage, a stunt that was sent to your inbox and you ran with it .

"Forget the law of the land
I never, ever said forget the law of the land. I said it's interesting to me, that liberals are OK with this painting, but not of a nativity scene.

tthe 2 are not the same but keep thinking they are and only liberals hate nativity scene's the high court have ruled you should read the law Nativity scenes are not banned or hated http://www.pewforum.org/files/2007/0...isplays.pdfthe

"stop telling half truth " majority of American people believe see you think that to be true based the same thing happen 8 year ago its not earth shattering

Now who is wrong on the facts? I'm not just talking about the Oval Office. The GOP controls both houses of Congress, a large majority of state governorships, and a large majority of state legislatures. Go ahead and tell me, is that statement true or false? and 2018 is shaping up to be another landslide for the GOP, look at which senators are up for re-election, and in which states.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Shouldn't we hold Law Makers to a higher Standard?
Seems the Republican reps Got there marching orders

Then, shortly before the new year, a conservative website published this headline: “Painting of Cops as Pigs Hung Proudly in US Capitol.” The story was picked up by Fox News and rose the ire of several law enforcement associations across the country.
Now it’s the subject of a tug of war between House Republicans and some Democrats. Republican representatives have been pulling it off the wall, a Democrat who put it back tried to...

instant outrage and both side are off to the Races (not the running kind)
Old 01-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Some police are heroes and some are murderers "

In equal numbers do you think? Is that what you're saying? Or are there 1,000 heroes for every murderer? Look, one police murderer is one too many, but it's beyond rare. Your side uses every violent confrontation, the vast majority of which are justified, to fan the flames of racial division

"I care its another manufactured outrage, a stunt that was sent to your inbox and you ran with it ."

I just heard about it this week. I was outraged. I don't like to see heroes attacked. I can't be offended by something I don't know about.

What the heck do you mean 'manufactured'? Are any of the facts mis-stated? Any at all?

"yours is only about race "

Good lord! And this painting isn't about race?

"same thing happen 8 year ago its not earth shattering "

You need a history lesson. 8 years ago, the Dems controlled DC for sure, but they weren't as dominant in the states as the GOP is now, not remotely close. The Democrats haven't controlled so few elected offices in decades. I am sorry if you hate that fact, but it's still a fact.

The most un-popular candidate ever, kicked the crap out of an icon of the other party. You don't seem to think that's all that noteworthy, and the Democrats seem to agree with you, based on what they are advocating (Keith Elison as head of the DNC).

Time will tell. 2 years after Obama was first elected, the Dems got creamed in the 2010 midterms. Let's see what happens in 2018.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
9 more days 👍
I dont hold out much hope that day 10 11 or the next 1460 days are going to be any better.. I hope I am wrong
Old 01-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
I dont hold out much hope that day 10 11 or the next 1460 days are going to be any better.. I hope I am wrong
His personality would give any sane person, reason to worry. Your statement that you hope you are wrong, is more supportive of him, than I was of Obama, I give you credit for that.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
"So that guy is representative of all Dems"

No, he's not. I'm confused bc the heading of this post is .........But as I keep saying to you every time you bring this up, the 2 parties do have tendencies on some policy issues, would you agree?They certainly do but you pick the worse of what you see (although this was all over fox news) and apply it to all Dems. When I use the exact same logic (although I clearly don't believe it) you always try coming back with "here is the difference"

Paul, here is the difference, and if I am wrong, please tell us specifically where I am wrong, OK?

Republicans, as a group, vehemently denounce racism,no they don't, I gave you examples of a Rep. in office who made racist comments. ?
Seems like you're be hypocritical.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:48 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems like you're be hypocritical.
"no they don't, I gave you examples of a Rep. in office who made racist comments"

I said (and you ignored) that leaders of the GOP consistently reject racist comments at every opportunity.

Influential Democrats, on the other hand, embrace Black Lives Matter and Al Sharpton. To say nothing of their policy positions which (either by accident or design, I don't know for sure) are irrefutably causing a cultural and economic apocalypse in the black community. Yet Democrats refuse to accept the empirical evidence, and keep calling for the same programs, which keep pushing blacks deeper and deeper into the abyss.

"you always try coming back with "here is the difference"

Because there is a difference. Republicans, as a group, hate racism. Democrats embrace racial tensions (evidenced by their love of Black Lives Matter and Al Sharpton) because it motivates their base. If a few innocent bystanders need to get murdered at Al Sharpton rallies, or if some cops need to be assassinated by BLM devotees, that doesn't stop Democrats at the top from spouting the same crap. Democrats never stop playing the race card.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #25
PaulS

They don't hate racism, whether it is sessions calling someone boy or palodino, who ran for gov. on the Rep. ticket, there is a long history of racism.

Why is it that the KKK and the neo nazis celebrated Trump's win?

I guess Reps. don't "hate racism as a group".iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]
Old 01-11-2017, 08:56 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
They don't hate racism, whether it is sessions calling someone boy or palodino, who ran for gov. on the Rep. ticket, there is a long history of racism.

Why is it that the KKK and the neo nazis celebrated Trump's win?

I guess Reps. don't "hate racism as a group".iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]
Sessions, when he was a district attorney, got a death penalty verdict against the head of the KKK in his state. As I said, if he is a racist, he's not a very good racist. He should have to explain his use of the word "boy". But he's from, the south, Arkansas, right?.

OK, a guy who ran unsuccessfully for governor, is representative of the party. A guy no one knows.

"Why is it that the KKK and the neo nazis celebrated Trump's win?"

For the same reason that the Communist party endorsed Hilary. Communism is responsible for tens of millions of murders in the last several decades.

Paul, I am talking about the actions, and the stated beliefs, of the leadership of each of the 2 parties. Obama loves Al Sharpton and respects Black Lives Matter. You cannot compare that to a Republican dog catcher of a small town in North Dakota.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
They don't hate racism, ".iPhone/Mobile device[/i][/size]
Let's look at the candidates that ran for the Republican nomination?

Ben Carson
Bobbby Jindal
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz

Yep, it's a party dominated by white supremacists, clearly.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #28
PaulS

4 doesn't indicate that a group isn't racist or is. Obviously the Russian communist party (where there any communist ever really any in the US?) likes the Dems. as they broke into the servers to steal emails which the Reps. used to defame the Dems candidate. So who exactly did the Russians want to help - Clinton or Trump with that?

I haven't read anything about Sharpton in a few years.

Last edited by PaulS; 01-12-2017 at 08:27 AM..
Old 01-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
4 doesn't indicate that a group isn't racist or is. Obviously the Russian communist party (where there any communist ever really any in the US?) likes the Dems. as they broke into the servers to steal emails which the Reps. used to defame the Dems candidate. So who exactly did the Russians want to help - Clinton or Trump with that?

I haven't read anything about Sharpton in a few years.
"4 doesn't indicate that a group isn't racist or is."

Oh, I see. What's the magic number, and who gets to determine what the magic number is? You?

How about this for proof that the GOP isn't racist. Republicans see what's happening to blacks in the cities, and we say "these people deserve better, we have to try something different". Democrats see what's happening in the cities, and propose more of the same.

"Obviously the Russian communist party"

Sorry, you asked why the KKK likes the GOP. My response - that the American communists - supported Hilary, is irrefutable fact. Black Lives Matter also likes the Democrats, and they are responsible for the assassinations of perfectly innocent police officers. Paul, if you want to judge a party by the caliber of the lunatics on either side, we will both lose. There are kooks. The difference is, the leadership of my party denounces the hatemongers. The leadership of the Democratic party denounces white hatemongers, but embraces black hatemongers, because they want to solidify that voting block. Al Sharpton has been to Obama's Oval Office something like 70 times. No Republican President will kiss his ring like that, we have no use for the guy.

You can dance around that all you want, but what you can't do, is make it wrong.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
"4 doesn't indicate that a group isn't racist or is."

Oh, I see. What's the magic number, and who gets to determine what the magic number is? You? I don't know maybe 1 bc when you get angry with what 1 Dem does you start a thread and say "look at how sleazy the Dems are". So I guess the # is 1

How about this for proof that the GOP isn't racist. Should we again discuss how the GOP is constantly trying to impose rules on voting (that aren't in the const.) that harm minorities? Republicans see what's happening to blacks in the cities, and we say "these people deserve better, we have to try something different". Democrats see what's happening in the cities, and propose more of the same.Right, trying to provide a floor of help for someone is holding them down. We have read that constantly here.

"Obviously the Russian communist party"

Sorry, you asked why the KKK likes the GOP. No, you ducked the question by stating it is the same reason the communists supported the Dems. I pointed out infact the Communists (Russians) clearly supported the Reps. I don't know how many American communists there are but I can bet a weeks pay that it is far fewer than the KKK.My response - that the American communists - supported Hilary, is irrefutable fact. Black Lives Matter also likes the Democrats, and they are responsible for the assassinations of perfectly innocent police officers. Paul, if you want to judge a party by the caliber of the lunatics on either side, we will both lose. Isn't that what you do constantly and when you do I point out that there are kooks on both sides. There are kooks. The difference is, the leadership of my party denounces the hatemongers. The leadership of the Democratic party denounces white hatemongers, but embraces black hatemongers, because they want to solidify that voting block. Al Sharpton has been to Obama's Oval Office something like 70 times. No Republican President will kiss his ring like that, we have no use for the guy.Obama met with him bc he speaks for a large black pop. There are no policies that Sharpton wants that gets proposed other than things a compassionate country should have - like food stamps for poor or preschool funding, etc.

You can dance around that all you want, but what you can't do, is make it wrong.
So how long do we have to do this -1 day, 2 days, 3 days? And then when we are done, how long until something else gets you angry and you start the same thing again?