Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1) I'll ask again, where in that statement did he say all immigrants are gang members?

(2) what in that statement, exactly, would you say is untrue? Do you deny that having an open border with Mexico has allowed drugs and gang bangers to come in and do harm?

Not all immigrants are criminals. But, and this may be news to you, some are.
He's certainly playing racist cards to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment with disinformation. Goes right along with his lying about chain immigration and the lottery system. Ok, to be fair he may just not understand what the law really is.

What astounded me about his long-winded clap happy was the failure to mention anything about our democratic institutions...likely because Trump has no respect for them.

We're living in a time where the FBI and CIA are the enemy and Russia is the insider friend...this should terrify everyone.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He's certainly playing racist cards to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment with disinformation. Goes right along with his lying about chain immigration and the lottery system. Ok, to be fair he may just not understand what the law really is.

What astounded me about his long-winded clap happy was the failure to mention anything about our democratic institutions...likely because Trump has no respect for them.

We're living in a time where the FBI and CIA are the enemy and Russia is the insider friend...this should terrify everyone.

ok Maxine......
Old 01-31-2018, 10:43 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:

"He's certainly playing racist cards to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment with disinformation"

What 'disinformation'? were those parents who lost their kids to illegal alien criminals, or not?

"failure to mention anything about our democratic institutions"

Such as? I saw a lot of pro-America verbiage in there. You're upset he didn't specifically mention the county clerk's office in Deluth?

"We're living in a time where the FBI and CIA are the enemy and Russia is the insider friend"

OK. So to you, it's fine if the FBI potentially interferes with our politics, but an issue if Russia does it.

Funny, who was the POTUS who mocked Mitt Romney for suggesting that Russia was a problem? Something about the 198s wanting their foreign policy back? Haw haw haw, that was so witty.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:48 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
ok Maxine......
OK THAT was funny.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

He painted immigrants as bad, much like people paint bait fisherman as slobs. Yes, some are but that does not make all fisherman slobs.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
He painted illegal immigration as bad, much like people paint bait fisherman who leave their garbage everywhere as slobs. Yes, some are but that does not make all fisherman slobs.
fixed it
Old 01-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #37
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
He painted immigrants as bad, much like people paint bait fisherman as slobs. Yes, some are but that does not make all fisherman slobs.

Not all immigrants, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS !
100% of illegals are illegal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-31-2018, 11:19 AM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
He's certainly playing racist cards to stoke anti-immigrant sentiment with disinformation.

The race card-- a card with the word racist or racism. When you play the card by putting it on top of the cards on the table, all the cards become racist or racisms regardless of their denominated values and labels. It seems that this card is played against Trump, not by him.

Goes right along with his lying about chain immigration and the lottery system. Ok, to be fair he may just not understand what the law really is.

What is a "democratic institution" for you? And which ones did he not mention or should he have mentioned--voting, The Constitution, rule of law, checks and balances in government, the right to bear arms, religious liberty, the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? How has he not shown respect for any of those things?

Oh . . . freedom of the Press . . . you mean that . . . are you saying that criticizing the Press when it is not properly doing its job is disrespecting freedom of the Press?

It is the height of lunacy for someone who believes that our foundational democratic institution, The Constitution, is outdated, to ask for respect for our democratic institutions.

Are you taking us back in time to the long reign of J. Edgar Hoover who the left despised? Or to all the instances that the left has accused the CIA of lying and sabotage as in stirring up wars in the Middle East? Or the long history of the Democrats actually being complicit with Soviet involvement in our own government as well as in Asia and Europe?

Who is saying that the FBI or the CIA are enemies? Is this just another or your type of exaggerations as in your use of "racism" or accusing Trump of saying "ALL" immigrants are this or that? Is it not possible to point out malfeasance by some at the top of the FBI without saying that the FBI is our enemy? It is terrifying to think we must not ever criticize those who have the power to destroy our lives.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #39
scottw

I think it was a bad idea to have the car Teddy drove at Chappaquid#^&#^&#^&#^& in the background of the rebuttal
Old 01-31-2018, 11:35 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I think it was a bad idea to have the car Teddy drove at Chappaquid#^&#^&#^&#^& in the background of the rebuttal
I know which fake news you watch, not much different than other news orgs jabbing trump is it?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
fixed it
No you didn't, you need to read the speech. And that is exactly the problem.

"Struggling communities, especially immigrant communities, will also be helped by immigration policies that focus on the best interests of American workers and American families.

For decades, open borders have allowed drugs and gangs to pour into our most vulnerable communities. They have allowed millions of low-wage workers to compete for jobs and wages against the poorest Americans. Most tragically, they have caused the loss of many innocent lives.

Here tonight are two fathers and two mothers: Evelyn Rodriguez, Freddy Cuevas, Elizabeth Alvarado, and Robert Mickens. Their two teenage daughters -- Kayla Cuevas and Nisa Mickens -- were close friends on Long Island. But in September 2016, on the eve of Nisa's 16th Birthday, neither of them came home. These two precious girls were brutally murdered while walking together in their hometown. Six members of the savage gang MS-13 have been charged with Kayla and Nisa's murders. Many of these gang members took advantage of glaring loopholes in our laws to enter the country as unaccompanied alien minors - and wound up in Kayla and Nisa's high school.

Evelyn, Elizabeth, Freddy, and Robert: Tonight, everyone in this chamber is praying for you. Everyone in America is grieving for you. And 320 million hearts are breaking for you. We cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow, but we can make sure that other families never have to endure this pain.

Tonight, I am calling on the Congress to finally close the deadly loopholes that have allowed MS-13, and other criminals, to break into our country. We have proposed new legislation that will fix our immigration laws, and support our ICE and Border Patrol Agents, so that this cannot ever happen again."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2018, 12:00 PM   #42
scottw

Quote:
I know which fake news you watch, not much different than other news orgs jabbing trump is it?
FNN....
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 PM   #43
Nebe

I like the part where Trump boasted about how his tax cuts gave the average middle class worker 'thousands' in tax savings, but omitted mentioning who really got the lions share of the tax cuts... the super rich.

GOP agenda is to always tell the poor white man that he is better than someone else. That someone else in a worse situation is coming for him to steal his situation, while never ever ever mentioning who holds all the cards and is the true threat to the poor white man. The rich white man.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:
No you didn't, you need to read the speech. And that is exactly the problem.

"Struggling communities, especially (legal) immigrant communities, will also be helped by immigration policies that focus on the best interests of American workers and American families. yup

For decades, open borders have allowed drugs and gangs(illegally) to pour into our most vulnerable communities. They have allowed millions of low-wage workers(illegal) to compete for jobs and wages against the poorest (legal)Americans. Most tragically, they have caused the loss of many innocent lives. yup

Here tonight are two fathers and two mothers: Evelyn Rodriguez, Freddy Cuevas, Elizabeth Alvarado, and Robert Mickens. Their two teenage daughters -- Kayla Cuevas and Nisa Mickens -- were close friends on Long Island. But in September 2016, on the eve of Nisa's 16th Birthday, neither of them came home. These two precious girls were brutally murdered while walking together in their hometown. Six members of the savage gang MS-13 have been charged with Kayla and Nisa's murders. Many of these gang members took advantage of glaring loopholes in our laws to enter the country as unaccompanied alien minors - and wound up in Kayla and Nisa's high school. yup

Evelyn, Elizabeth, Freddy, and Robert: Tonight, everyone in this chamber is praying for you. Everyone in America is grieving for you. And 320 million hearts are breaking for you. We cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow, but we can make sure that other families never have to endure this pain. yup

Tonight, I am calling on the Congress to finally close the deadly loopholes that have allowed MS-13, and other criminals, to (illegally)break into our country. We have proposed new legislation that will fix our (legal)immigration laws, and support our ICE and Border Patrol Agents, so that this cannot ever happen again."
which part of that do you have a problem with?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Maybe, though disagree on the ratings part because you should know this is a real security issue. Be a real shame if you could not process pros and cons (the latter terribly severe) in a logical manner rather than as simply another hit piece.

Tough call - with more people working and a cranking economy with greater growth than before - might just work.

No he didn't. Statements like this is why we have Trump.

Agree - move on

You missed the point - it was the sour puss face of all the Democrats (except for the few that occasionally forgot them selves and started to cheer before the daggers of reproach from fellow party members caught up to them.

There is nothing he could do, short of resign, that would satisfy you.
And there is nothing he has done that can diminish your unwavering support ... I am amazed how easy it was to forget the past 8 years ... now the shoes on the other foot people on the right want others to be objective and stop picking on Trump.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:16 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Not all immigrants, ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS !
100% of illegals are illegal.
He wasn't even bashing all illegals. He said that when we look the other way on illegal immigration, the side effect is that SOME of the illegals will be dangerous criminals. How can anyone disagree with that?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:
whoever thought a Kennedy giving the rebuttal with a car in the background with the hood up was a good idea.... was not thinking clearly...
Old 01-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

GOP agenda is to always tell the poor white man that he is better than someone else. That someone else in a worse situation is coming for him to steal his situation, while never ever ever mentioning who holds all the cards and is the true threat to the poor white man. The rich white man.
.... you crack me up
Old 01-31-2018, 12:23 PM   #49
wdmso

Quote:

OK. So to you, it's fine if the FBI potentially interferes with our politics, but an issue if Russia does it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You officially have a GOP koolaid mustache. ... Nunes memo is nothing more than running interference for the potus .. and sending the country down a rabbit hole

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-31-2018 at 12:39 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 12:25 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You officially have a GOP koolaid mustache. ...
So why do I agree with Democrats on the death penalty and gay marriage?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-31-2018 at 12:35 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 12:54 PM   #51
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

... Nunes memo is nothing more than running interference for the potus ..
have you read it?
Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM   #52
Nebe

Quote:
.... you crack me up
A quote from LBJ ( yes a democrat)

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

I see this mentality as an adopted tactic by the GOP
Old 01-31-2018, 01:16 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
A quote from LBJ ( yes a democrat)

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

I see this mentality as an adopted tactic by the GOP
The gop just doubled the standard deduction, meaning more of those poor whites will pay no taxes. Every single democrat voted against that. But it’s the gop that’s picking their pockets, eh?
Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #54
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Once again filled with boasts about all he has done, yet that facts and stats don’t lie, I’m surprised his own staff isn’t fact checking before he claims that crap.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:18 PM   #55
Nebe

Quote:
The gop just doubled the standard deduction, meaning more of those poor whites will pay no taxes. Every single democrat voted against that. But it’s the gop that’s picking their pockets, eh?
They know its stealing from peter to pay paul in a way. Someone will have to pay for these tax cuts. Take a good look at your kids tonight when you kiss them goodnight. The GOP is screwing them in so many ways. public school education cuts, trashing the environment, federal debt.. its a shame that I am called a liberal because I care about the environment, about educating the future of this country, protecting the rights of our citizens, and being respected by the rest of the world.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:32 PM   #56
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
They know its stealing from peter to pay paul in a way. Someone will have to pay for these tax cuts.
So when you were a Bernie supporter and he was giving everybody "Free" Education and stuff....no problem

But NOW........you're worried about somebody having to pay for this.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-31-2018, 03:02 PM   #57
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So when you were a Bernie supporter and he was giving everybody "Free" Education and stuff....no problem

I was always worried about who was going to pay for it.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:16 PM   #58
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Bernie & his followers were betting on all the new tax revenue from legal weed
Old 01-31-2018, 03:47 PM   #59
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Bernie & his followers were betting on all the new tax revenue from legal weed
And what would be wrong with that?
Old 01-31-2018, 03:51 PM   #60
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
And what would be wrong with that?
Taxation is theft

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.