Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
saltydog

He has arrived !

Merry Christmass
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	750_388060734611893_169805335_n.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	53898  

Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
spence

Stuff like that would be a lot more interesting if Obama hadn't gotten 332 electoral votes

-spence
Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Electoral college sucks! Let's do away with a few critical focus states to control the election.

And yes God also won the popular vote....

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Mr. Sandman

The country is still largely conservative but is controlled by the large city poor liberal populous who want what ever they can get as long as someone else pays for it.

Honestly. that is what it comes down too. I am not whining but that is the way it is here. I have never seen an administration that wants people to be poor and depend on the government like this one. I think we are going in the wrong direction and it will end very badly.

At this point....I think I want us to go off the so called fiscal cliff. I want the automatic cuts (I do think they are too arbitrary though and will hurt economic growth) but if you are going to raise taxes on me...I want the taxes raised on everyone and I want cuts in spending. Let every one feel some pain.

Again...tax rates are misleading, the top 1% pays 40% of the federal tax burden while only earning 17% of the total earnings. I think that is more than "fair" esp when the bottom 50% pay basically nothing. (and still enjoy all the rights and privileges ) Many of the bottom 50% are on hurting this country deeply by demanding all these entitlements which were NEVER originally intended to be morphed into retirement and health programs.
So it kills me when they say they plan to give tax cuts to the lower end earners...THEY PAY NEXT TO NOTHING, giving a tax break to someone who pays nothing is laughable and will not produce anything (except it gets votes)

I actually don't mind closing the loopholes and adjusting cap gains so wall streeters can't shift money from ordinary income to investment income, I think that makes sense and will bring in a lot more rev without changing rates.

They keep going back to the clinton rates...but the FACT is while the rates were indeed higher, the actual real rate that was being paid in taxes was MUCH lower than the REAL rate today. They never mention this but it is true.

They need to CURB entitlements. This means stopping payments to now-living elderly. Sorry but they will have to buck up. This was never intended as a free ride and they did not prepare themselves. I am pissed off that they lived above their means (at whatever level) and did not save. Now they want the next gen to pay for their health care, retirement, and whatever else they can get.

There is no more money. The "so called" rich don't have enough. You better use what they DO have to create jobs because if the gov takes it, they sure as hell will not create anything, they will dole it out for votes and when that is gone, the #^&#^&#^&#^&willhitthefan.