Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
When trying to get a crazy guy to understand you, sometimes you have to let him think you are a bit crazier than he is.
thats a true Statement ^^^^ but he may be crazier then Kim

I have no issue with tough crazy talk ... but let that be done by your surrogates .... Did trump Just create a red line ? that he will be unable to walk back from ? ... he surrogates are trying very hard to walk it back and once agin tell us what he really ment
Old 08-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I agree it does need modernization but he wasn't the one to start it even though he said he was.

No good answers here but bluster isn't going to help.
No, he ordered a Nuclear Posture Review, something done by almost all incoming admins - since Clinton (the only) IIRC.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-09-2017, 04:27 PM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if Trump uses an executive order to undo an Obama executive order...I have no problem with that...you can call it hypocrisy, I call it abiding by the standard(s) that Obama and democrats have set in governing.........they might be low standards but it's the ONLY way these things get undone...if Obama is going to expand executive powers to DO things, those same expanded powers need to be used to UNDO things...this is not complicated...the left seems to think that once they accomplish an objective, no matter how unseemly the method to accomplish, the result should be set in stone and stand for all time and suddenly their methods for accomplishing those objectives are out of bounds(talk about hypocrisy?).....if the Republican Congress were to lie, connive and distort the process to undo Obamacare...I'm good with that because that's exactly how it was passed....it's not not a "double standard" as far as I'm concerned...it's "same standard"....I don't want to hold Trump and the Republicans to higher standards than the democrats...I'm content to hold them to the same standards that the left holds the democrats to for the time being...holding repubs and Trump to higher standards only forces them to play by a different set of rules than their competitors resulting in failure.....clearly, being nice to the democrats and MSM is not a formula for success if you are a republican...which is why we now have this Trump guy somehow finding his way to the Whitehouse
to bad Most of that is not 100% ACCURATE

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...in-education-7
Old 08-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Most of that is not 100% ACCURATE
gotta remember that one
Old 08-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #35
buckman

Quote:
.... Did trump Just create a red line ? that he will be unable to walk back from ? ...
Yes , if North Korea fires a missle at Guam, North Korea will be reduced to rubble . You disagree ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #36
PaulS

He actually said a threat. The North Koreans then threatened Guam so if it's truly a line like he implied they've already crossed it.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
He actually said a threat. The North Koreans then threatened Guam so if it's truly a line like he implied they've already crossed it.
hmmmm...so should we apply the Obama standard to "red lines"...he WAS the smartest president to ever president

did he(Trump) actually say "red line"...if so...that would be amusing

Last edited by scottw; 08-09-2017 at 09:36 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #38
Nebe

Life has been a lot more relaxed, productive and generally better since I stopped thinking about the clown in chief. I highly recommend evicting the guy who's living rent free in so many people's heads.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:08 AM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Yes , if North Korea fires a missle at Guam, North Korea will be reduced to rubble . You disagree ?
Yes ...respond fine rubble not there yet ... your wiliness to see this theses actions as Heroic are part of the problem ... its always a great idea when your not the one at the wrong end of a gun .. but America always need an enemy ...
Old 08-10-2017, 06:26 AM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
hmmmm...so should we apply the Obama standard to "red lines"...he WAS the smartest president to ever president

did he(Trump) actually say "red line"...if so...that would be amusing
But But But Obama - What do I care about Obama?

Your hypocrisy is hilarious.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:44 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Life has been a lot more relaxed, productive and generally better since I stopped thinking about the clown in chief. I highly recommend evicting the guy who's living rent free in so many people's heads.

Bernie Sanders & Wife Under FBI Investigation For Bank Fraud
Old 08-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:

"so if it's truly a line like he implied"

war monger ...
Old 08-10-2017, 07:04 AM   #43
PaulS

I hope we don't go to war.

Any line in the sand, regardless by whom is stupid.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:54 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:

Any line in the sand, regardless by whom is stupid.
yeah...just ask Assad

when exactly did Trump say this?....Wayne asked and you implied...Obama actually had a "line'...then not so much...

Obama said in 2012 that his red line with the Assad regime would be the use of chemical weapons. Later that year, Assad's forces killed nearly 1,500 people in a chemical-weapons attack.

But then Obama got cold feet ...

you guys shouldn't put words in Trump's mouth...he has enough trouble without you divining secret messages from his ramblings
Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:

how am I a hypocrite?....

Obama told Syria ..."don't screw with us"....and then crawled away from his bluster

Trump told N Korea..."don't screw with us".....if N Korea kills a bunch of innocents as Assad did, and Trump crawls away I will be as critical of Trump as I was of Obama

just wondering if the left and MSM will criticize him for not following through or celebrate his restraint if N Korea creates a body count...or criticize him either way(most likely scenario)
Old 08-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #46
PaulS

Quote:

when exactly did Trump say this?....Wayne asked and you impliedno, I said "Trump implied" ...Obama actually had a "line'...then not so much...
Don't have to put words in anyone's mouth.

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen... he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before," he said.

So that actually is a "line".

That same day NK threatened again, thus crossing it.

Last edited by PaulS; 08-10-2017 at 08:41 AM..
Old 08-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
how am I a hypocrite?....bc you've constantly criticized every misstatement Pres. Obama made and make allowances for Pres Trump (never mind the almost daily lies). maybe you need to post more pictures of Pres Obama's mom jeans? or bring up the statement about vistiting 57 states - you know the real important stuff.

Obama told Syria ..."don't screw with us"....and then crawled away from his bluster

Trump told N Korea..."don't screw with us".....if N Korea kills a bunch of innocents as Assad did, and Trump crawls away I will be as critical of Trump as I was of ObamaTrump said "threatened

just wondering if the left and MSM will criticize him for not following through or celebrate his restraint if N Korea creates a body count...or criticize him either way(most likely scenario)
I hope Pres. Trump doesn't follow through with "fire and fury the likes the world has never seen before" (if you didn't know who made that comment you would think it came from NK).
Old 08-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:

no, I said "Trump implied"

(I)Don't have to put words in anyone's mouth.

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen... he has been very threatening beyond a normal state. They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before," he said.

So that actually is a "line". he didn't say line...Obama said "line"

That same day NK threatened again, thus crossing it.
physical threats or verbal threats?...oh that's right...it's "words" that upset the left more.....even promoting violence and issuing beatings over language they find offensive...soooo..maybe they should applaud Trump for being so aggressive toward the N Korean violent sounding "hate speech" ( are they protected under the first amendment)?

if you imply from what you decide someone else has implied you are essentially putting words in their mouth
Old 08-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #49
detbuch

What did the past Presidents believe was the way to deal with NK's program to make nukes? You know . . . when it actually did not have them?

What did all the military, political, media, and academic "experts" believe was a way to deal with the matter?

What did any President's with their brilliant advisors do to stop NK?

So now, NK has what no previous administration was able to prevent, even with all their wisdom and expertise. What do all the brilliant critics who were not able to devise a way to stop what they claimed to know how to stop but never did, what do all the brilliant critics have to contribute other than criticize Trump for saying naughty words?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #50
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What did the past Presidents believe was the way to deal with NK's program to make nukes?
Obama yawned....tiny country can't threaten us...pfffft...

Bush included them in the "axis of evil"

I think Albright went there and gave the Norks a tongue bath...which is an awful visual....
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #51
detbuch

Oh . . . that's right . . . If you tell someone who constantly threatens to kill you that you will kill him if he tries, then he will really kill you. That is, if you tell him that with mean threatening words. Probably, if you told him nicely that you would kill him if he tried to kill you, if you told him nicely, not in any threatening way, then he would not actually kill you, but would just keep on saying he would. The best way, obviously, is to keep being nice to him so that he will not actually try to kill you.

It's all so obvious.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
physical threats or verbal threats?...oh that's right...it's "words" that upset the left more.....even promoting violence and issuing beatings over language they find offensive...soooo..maybe they should applaud Trump for being so aggressive toward the N Korean violent sounding "hate speech" ( are they protected under the first amendment)?

if you imply from what you decide someone else has implied you are essentially putting words in their mouth
You're trying to make a destinction bt Obama saying the word "line" and Trump not using the actual word as if there is a difference. You're smarter than that.

No one is putting words in his mouth, those are his actual words. He said NK better not make any more threats - (which they did a few hours later) bc they would be be met with fury and fire. (actually the speach writers are putting words in his mouth- and when he strays from those speaches is when he gets in trouble).
Old 08-10-2017, 10:18 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:
You're trying to make a destinction bt Obama saying the word "line" and Trump not using the actual word as if there is a difference.
well...there is ....Obama was very specific as to what constituted crossing his stated "line"...it was crossed and he turtled...and now a bazillion people are either dead or displaced ....I think Spence told us Obama played that one brilliantly too

Trump was less clear regarding a line or what constituted crossing the line that you infer from his rhetoric...I guess you can also infer it would require physical aggression...but who knows?...Trump is pretty crazy

and as we know...it probably depends on what the meaning of the work "line"..is...
Old 08-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #54
PaulS

No difference bc the word wasn't mentioned. Just like a ban is still a ban even if the word isn't in the order.

As I said earlier - any line is stupid.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #55
scottw

Quote:
No difference bc the word wasn't mentioned. Just like a ban is still a ban even if the word isn't in the order.

As I said earlier - any line is stupid.
now you are being ridiculous
Old 08-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #56
buckman

Quote:
Yes ...respond fine rubble not there yet ... your wiliness to see this theses actions as Heroic are part of the problem ... its always a great idea when your not the one at the wrong end of a gun .. but America always need an enemy ...
Nobody said it was heroic . Actually one of our boys will be stationed in Guam soon so it weighs heavy on my mind when I hear that fat piece of #^&#^&#^&#^& make threats about firing a missile at Guam .
I'm actually comforted by Trumps words , and with Japan saying it will shoot down any missile that North Korea fires at Guam I believe the threat has been neutralized unless Kim's motive is to go down as a martyr .
Old 08-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #57
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Nobody said it was heroic . Actually one of our boys will be stationed in Guam soon so it weighs heavy on my mind when I hear that fat piece of #^&#^&#^&#^& make threats about firing a missile at Guam .
I'm actually comforted by Trumps words , and with Japan saying it will shoot down any missile that North Korea fires at Guam I believe the threat has been neutralized unless Kim's motive is to go down as a martyr .
Kim's motivation is to unify the Korean peninsula. If he has long-range Nukes, I think it functions as a deterrent to keep others out of the engagement when he finally decides to cross the DMZ and try and invade the south.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #58
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Kim's motivation is to unify the Korean peninsula. If he has long-range Nukes, I think it functions as a deterrent to keep others out of the engagement when he finally decides to cross the DMZ and try and invade the south.
EXACTLY!
Old 08-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #59
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
EXACTLY!
A pretty detailed take on the situation can be found here:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-earth/528717/

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #60
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
If that is his only motivation, and it may be, but then why all the threats to destroy America ? It would be counterproductive to what he is hoping to accomplish.