Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2020, 05:54 AM   #151
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Because?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
heard it's up to 80 million Americans who have already leapt over the high hurdle and navigated the daunting process of casting a vote...
Old 10-30-2020, 07:33 AM   #152
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
close to 70 million American voters have somehow figured out how to vote already...if you are struggling to figure out how to vote maybe you shouldn't be voting
Its no about figuring out how to vote its where

Oh ok so the man or women who have voted at the same polling place for decades who may not be following the closures or informed about the closing shows up on Tuesday to vote and is told to drive x many miles to a new polling place they consolidated with 4 others and wait x amount of hours and its their fault

You love blaming those impacted. Even if Most Trump supporters prefer to vote in person

Let me guess its the price of freedom. And a privilege To wait in line hours to vote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:39 AM   #153
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Oh ok so the man or women who have voted at the same polling place for decades who may not be following the closures or informed about the closing
name one....
Old 10-30-2020, 08:01 AM   #154
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Its no about figuring out how to vote its where
there was a story on our local news recently...Newport had closed a polling place due to heath concerns or something...the local news sent a team to investigate this travesty...they decided to see how long it would take them to get to the next closest polling place where they had consolidated...it took 45 seconds...it was 2 blocks away...there has never been more information available from more sources about how, where and when to vote....
Old 10-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #155
PaulS

Quote:
there was a story on our local news recently...Newport had closed a polling place due to heath concerns or something...the local news sent a team to investigate this travesty...they decided to see how long it would take them to get to the next closest polling place where they had consolidated...it took 45 seconds...it was 2 blocks away...there has never been more information available from more sources about how, where and when to vote....
Thank God Newport is in a blue state and not Texas w/only 1 drop box for millions of people.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #156
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Thank God Newport is in a blue state and not Texas w/only 1 drop box for millions of people.
they are still complaining about the inconvenience
Old 10-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #157
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
they are still complaining about the inconvenience
If you complain about two blocks, I’d consider where this story came from, Newport isn’t exactly a poor rural community. If you have to stand in line for 5-8 hours, not only is something serious wrong (Scott voting never was so easy right), you definitely have something to complain about; which is why they are willing to do it.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #158
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

If you have to stand in line for 5-8 hours,

you don't have to...there are options... as has been proven by about 80 million voters now?

great opportunity to meet new people though
Old 10-30-2020, 09:02 AM   #159
scottw

Quote:
you know that blue states and where democrats control the voting process is where most of the complaints come from....right?
Old 10-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #160
PaulS

Quote:
you don't have to...there are options... as has been proven by about 80 million voters now?

great opportunity to meet new people though
You don't know their individual situations (which demonstrates the Repub. lack of empathy). Someone shouldn't have to drive far and wait in long lines to vote. If they don't want to send in ballots through a postal system that has been politicized by the Trump admin, they shouldn't have to.

Pathetic that the Repub. party wants to limit the vote (close polling places, limit the time votes can be counted, etc, etc).
Old 10-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #161
PaulS

Quote:
you know that blue states and where democrats control the voting process is where most of the complaints come from....right?
You know you're wrong - right? There are certainly problems in blue as well as red states but in the red states they actively try to limit the vote.

Texas, GA?
Old 10-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #162
scottw

Quote:
You know you're wrong - right? There are certainly problems in blue as well as red states but in the red states they actively try to limit the vote.

Texas, GA?
Georgia Georgia allows ANY voter to request a ballot by mail. You can also vote in person. Georgia offers early voting.
Vote by mail
Request your mail-in ballot with a mail ballot application. You can also request a ballot online. We encourage you to request and return ballots as early as possible.
Fill out the application completely.
Submit the request to your local election office. You should request your ballot as far in advance of the election as possible. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Friday, October 30, 2020.
When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete it and return it.
Your ballot must be received by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 by 7:00 p.m. You may also return your ballot in person by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 by 7:00 p.m. You can find ballot tracking information here.

Texas

Vote by mail
Review the absentee ballot application and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements for voting absentee.
Fill out the application completely.
Submit the request to your local election office. You should request your ballot as far in advance of the election as possible. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Friday, October 23, 2020.
When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete it and return it.
Your ballot must be postmarked by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 by 7:00 p.m. and received no later than Wednesday, November 4, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Your state does not offer ballot status tracking. Contact your state election officials for additional information. We encourage you to return your ballot as early as possible.

it's not hard....and there is a lot of time
Old 10-30-2020, 09:17 AM   #163
PaulS

and in Tx there is 1 drop box in a county of millions over 100s of miles. So if you mail it by 11/3 it has to get there by 11/4 w/a postal service that has been politicized or won't count. Seems like there should be more drop boxes.

Again, you don't know someone's individual situation.

It is hard.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #164
scottw

Quote:

Again, you don't know someone's individual situation.

It is hard.
I assume people are adults and can handle this simple task...

(CNN)The Texas Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled in favor of Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's order to limit mail-in ballot drop box locations to one site per county, a decision that largely affects the Houston and Austin areas.

The court ruled that Abbott's order "provides Texas voters more ways to vote in the November 3 election than does the Election Code" and that it doesn't "disenfranchise anyone."

Opponents of Abbott's order had argued it exceeded the governor's authority and also created an unjust burden on voters in larger counties to travel far distances to drop off their ballots. Critics also argued it increased voters' risk of contracting Covid-19.

The court did not agree with the plaintiffs' argument that the governor's order had exceeded his authority, nor that the order "severely" burdened voters and their right to vote.

"The plaintiffs complain that limiting early hand-deliveries of mail-in ballots to one office per county requires more travel time for some voters. But this ignores the other options for casting their ballots that these voters have," the opinion read. It noted that voters can also vote in person for an expanded period of time than usual, drop off their mail-in ballot in a 45-day window before Election Day rather than on November 3 only, and also mail in their ballots.

The court also argued the risk of mailing the ballot is "small," and "voters who are worried about it can mail their ballots in plenty of time before Election Day to eliminate the chance of untimely delivery."
Old 10-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #165
PaulS

Just shows the Repub. want to limit voting as much as they can. Why does it have to "severely" burden votes. States should try to do everything in their power to no burden voters at all.

Not surprising a Repub. state court would show no empathy for someone whose situation is different from theirs.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:08 AM   #166
scottw

Quote:

Just shows the Repub. want to limit voting as much as they can.

it was just reported that more people have ALREADY voted in texas than voted in total in texas 4 years ago...republicans are doing a terrible job limiting people from voting

but keep repeating your ridiculous narrative....
Old 10-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #167
scottw

Quote:

Not surprising a Repub. state court would show no empathy for someone whose situation is different from theirs.
this is really stupid...
Old 10-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #168
PaulS

Quote:
it was just reported that more people have ALREADY voted in texas than voted in total in texas 4 years ago...republicans are doing a terrible job limiting people from voting

but keep repeating your ridiculous narrative....
you're the one with the ridiculous come backs - why do the Repub. do everything they can to limit voting? Why get rid of drop boxes?
Old 10-30-2020, 11:23 AM   #169
PaulS

Quote:
this is really stupid...
Ok, snarky one.

Another one on here who next time sees their Dr. should ask why they grew up with such a crappy personallity
Old 10-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #170
scottw

Quote:
you're the one with the ridiculous come backs - why do the Repub. do everything they can to limit voting? Why get rid of drop boxes?
they don't...again, more people have already voted in texas than did in the last election...they figured it out

it's not hard to vote...

why are you mired in the soft bigotry of low expectations?
Old 10-30-2020, 11:29 AM   #171
scottw

Quote:
Ok, snarky one.

Another one on here who next time sees their Dr. should ask why they grew up with such a crappy personallity
see...you know that you are wrong and this is what you do....
Old 10-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #172
PaulS

Quote:
see...you know that you are wrong and this is what you do....
Why should anyone take your constant snarky insults?

Again, when you run into your Dr. ask her why you have to be a #^&#^&#^&#^& to everyone.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #173
PaulS

Quote:
they don't...again, more people have already voted in texas than did in the last election...they figured it out

it's not hard to vote...

why are you mired in the soft bigotry of low expectations?
You keep dodging the question.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #174
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Again, when you run into your Dr. ask her why you have to be a #^&#^&#^&#^& to everyone.
With SD gone I think he feels the need to fill that void.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #175
scottw

Quote:
You keep dodging the question.
I answered it...
Old 10-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #176
scottw

Quote:

if you write something stupid... and I tell you it's stupid...how is that an insult?
Old 10-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #177
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
With SD gone I think he feels the need to fill that void.
I do miss him....
Old 10-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #178
PaulS

Quote:
if you write something stupid... and I tell you it's stupid...how is that an insult?
Why do you feel the constant need to be insulting and snarky?

Is it bc you don't have any other response yet feel the need to respond?

Maybe also discuss that with your Dr. next time you see her. Were you not listened to when you were young?
Old 10-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #179
PaulS

Quote:
I do miss him....
If Trump loses do you have his tel # to tell him he owes JohnR $100?
Old 10-30-2020, 01:11 PM   #180
scottw

Quote:
Why do you feel the constant need to be insulting and snarky?

Is it bc you don't have any other response yet feel the need to respond?

Maybe also discuss that with your Dr. next time you see her. Were you not listened to when you were young?
why do you constantly repeat yourself? that's cause for concern

you constantly insult me as being "snarky"....your justification is that you think I'm being snarky...and I'll note I don't complain about your insults, I find them amusing....but when you write something stupid and I write "that's stupid"...you get your panties in a bunch...are you a hypoctite?