Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 02-27-2021, 07:31 AM   #1
wdmso

BFT spinning Reel

What reel and what size and how would you spool it ? and rod for Spinning for BFT if anyone has any suggestions

Ray and Try like hell I just don’t want to be under gunned when we finally hook up
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:33 PM   #2
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What reel and what size and how would you spool it ? and rod for Spinning for BFT if anyone has any suggestions

Ray and Try like hell I just don’t want to be under gunned when we finally hook up
Amen brother..... and readily available.....;-)

If u need a road trip check out Goose Hummock... bring your wAllet... ;-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
niko

10-20000 stella and crafty rod. i use a VS 325g rod and a 10k stella most of the time for what i like to do

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:47 AM   #4
Guppy
User

Lookin to sell this,,, 325 gm it might be the 7’ 8” model
https://www.tackledirect.com/van-sta...-jig-rods.html
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ad.php?t=97277

Making sure you saw this.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #6
fish4striper

Van stall is an affordable rod for the game. Stellas one of the best. Saragosa will get the job done on most sizes. If it blows up, just send it back to Shimano to rebuild it. Pretty much free for a cpl of years. You should try the RI side for smaller fish to get into the game. You need to be ready to try various techniques any given day, some days trolling is better, some days jigging, some days surface lures.
fish4striper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #7
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4striper View Post
Van stall is an affordable rod for the game. Stellas one of the best. Saragosa will get the job done on most sizes. If it blows up, just send it back to Shimano to rebuild it. Pretty much free for a cpl of years. You should try the RI side for smaller fish to get into the game. You need to be ready to try various techniques any given day, some days trolling is better, some days jigging, some days surface lures.
Picked up a Penn Rampage a bunch of years back. Handled a 150lb Blue Marlin as a dropback rod with a VS250. Never tried it with a tuna though.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4striper View Post

Been looking at ghost hunter rods they get good reviews but nothing recent most reviews are from early 2014 or 15, so who knows what’s a good rod today ,, and I went to upgrade my 2 new reels from Moses drag washers to carbonex only to see they all ready had carbon fiber one, LOL I got spares
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 01:06 PM   #9
Cohenfishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Been looking at ghost hunter rods they get good reviews but nothing recent most reviews are from early 2014 or 15, so who knows what’s a good rod today ,, and I went to upgrade my 2 new reels from Moses drag washers to carbonex only to see they all ready had carbon fiber one, LOL I got spares
Ghost hunter rods are great for light tackle tuna, they are all I use for popping rods. I have the 150’s paired with twin power 14k’s, the 200’s I pair with Stella 18k’s, and 300’s(I like to call the 300, the #^&#^&#^&#^& you rod) I pair with Stella 20k’s The most versatile rod in the ghost hunter line up is the 200. This rod will whip 50 pounders into submission and land 300 pounders without being overmatched. Feel free to pm me with any questions you have.
Cohenfishin is offline   Reply With Quote