Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Median incomes up $5k under Trump

Pete, i don’t mean to steal your thunder, i’m sure eventually you would have posted this.

Trumps character is deeply, deeply flawed. That is to be balanced, against accomplishments like this.

Higher gross incomes, lower tax rates. good for the middle class.

https://www.heritage.org/markets-and...tSsOHAVRgOfRm0
Old 11-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
spence

Google up, Moore’s study is deeply flawed. He’s looking to get that job.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
read the study. the data comes from the us census bureau.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
read the study. the data comes from the us census bureau.
The data Moore cited came from a monthly income range survey not intended to be used for income study, it’s an employment question.

Income went up but much, much less than trump is claiming.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
spence, let’s examine your economic IQ...

unemployment is at historic lows, meaning there is very little supply of available labor. Spence, what happens to the cost of something, when the supply decreases, when demand is steady or increasing? Does the cost of that something decrease, stay flat, or increase?
Old 11-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

The government disagrees with you Jim
It must be a deep state plot

Income:

Median household income was $63,179 in 2018, not statistically different from the 2017 median (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The 2018 real median income of family households and nonfamily households increased 1.2 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively, between 2017 and 2018 (Figure 1 and Table A-1). This is the fourth consecutive annual increase in median household income for family households.
The 2018 real median income of Asian households increased 4.6 percent from 2017 to $87,194, while the real median incomes of non-Hispanic White ($70,642), Black ($41,361), and Hispanic ($51,450) households were not statistically different from their 2017 medians (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
For householders under the age of 65, real median household income was not statistically different between 2017 and 2018, while real median household income for householders aged 65 and over increased 3.3 percent from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The real median income of households maintained by a native-born person increased 1.4 percent between 2017 and 2018, while the 2018 real median income of households maintained by a foreign-born person was not statistically different from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-266.html
Old 11-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The government disagrees with you Jim
It must be a deep state plot

Income:

Median household income was $63,179 in 2018, not statistically different from the 2017 median (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The 2018 real median income of family households and nonfamily households increased 1.2 percent and 2.4 percent, respectively, between 2017 and 2018 (Figure 1 and Table A-1). This is the fourth consecutive annual increase in median household income for family households.
The 2018 real median income of Asian households increased 4.6 percent from 2017 to $87,194, while the real median incomes of non-Hispanic White ($70,642), Black ($41,361), and Hispanic ($51,450) households were not statistically different from their 2017 medians (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
For householders under the age of 65, real median household income was not statistically different between 2017 and 2018, while real median household income for householders aged 65 and over increased 3.3 percent from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).
The real median income of households maintained by a native-born person increased 1.4 percent between 2017 and 2018, while the 2018 real median income of households maintained by a foreign-born person was not statistically different from 2017 (Figure 1 and Table A-1).

https://www.census.gov/library/publi...o/p60-266.html
Pete, sorry i was attending to family stuff.

there’s also government data in the article i posted. you either didnt read it or refuse to believe it, because it doesn’t serve your agenda. you have said here that the national economy is falling apart, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

you blindly cling to everything which supports your agenda ( liberal=good, conservative=bad), and you deny everything that doesn’t fit it.

The article i posted didn’t rely solely on Moore’s conservative opinions and spin. US Census data showed that increase. i’m
try sorry if
you can’t accept that. but some things are true whether one happens to like them or not.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, sorry i was attending to family stuff.

there’s also government data in the article i posted. you either didnt read it or refuse to believe it, because it doesn’t serve your agenda. you have said here that the national economy is falling apart, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

you blindly cling to everything which supports your agenda ( liberal=good, conservative=bad), and you deny everything that doesn’t fit it.

The article i posted didn’t rely solely on Moore’s conservative opinions and spin. US Census data showed that increase. i’m
try sorry if
you can’t accept that. but some things are true whether one happens to like them or not.
I quoted information directly from the Census Bureau, not a derivation or interpretation of data by a third party.

Floridaman has said that he doesn't care what happens after him, the debt will be someone else's problem.

What that article also does not say is that in order to increase Median income by 5K Trump increased the debt by far more.

I could go to the bank and borrow money and have more cash on hand.

Would I be wise to do that?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I quoted information directly from the Census Bureau, not a derivation or interpretation of data by a third party.

Floridaman has said that he doesn't care what happens after him, the debt will be someone else's problem.

What that article also does not say is that in order to increase Median income by 5K Trump increased the debt by far more.

I could go to the bank and borrow money and have more cash on hand.

Would I be wise to do that?
the article i posted also quoted directly from us census bureau data.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
the article i posted also quoted directly from us census bureau data.
From your article

"In my analysis on these numbers, I have openly admitted these monthly data are a first rough estimate of what is happening with incomes over time -- just as the jobs numbers are. They catch the trends over time."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗
Old 11-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #12
Duke41
got gas?

Politics turning friends and acquaintance into mortal enemies since 1776.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #13
spence

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/11/tr...ky-5000-boast/
Old 11-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #14
wdmso

Jim or anyone else here make 5k more for the same hours worked ? I know i didn't
Old 11-15-2019, 02:43 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim or anyone else here make 5k more for the same hours worked ? I know i didn't
surely you can figure this out....
Old 11-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
if he could, he’s be a republican.

Scott, i didn’t give birth this year, therefore it’s not possible that anyone else did. Because according to some logic, no two people can have different experiences.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
easy no one has said they did..
Old 11-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
so your experience, is necessarily the same as everyone else’s?

that’s some great logic there. “I didn’t get a raise, therefore it’s not possible that anyone else did.”

Wow.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
so your experience, is necessarily the same as everyone else’s?

that’s some great logic there. “I didn’t get a raise, therefore it’s not possible that anyone else did.”

Wow.
President Donald Trump claims that annual income for the typical household is up by an inflation-adjusted $5,000 since he took office.

is this Trumps you can keep your doctor lies that outrages so much , because I kept my doctor and not the 5k he says I should have .

Typical household or did you miss that part I am a typical household ... is that a NO or a yes that you made 5k more working normal hours ,,, not counting over time .. or is this to hard to figure out?
Old 11-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
President Donald Trump claims that annual income for the typical household is up by an inflation-adjusted $5,000 since he took office.

is this Trumps you can keep your doctor lies that outrages so much , because I kept my doctor and not the 5k he says I should have .

Typical household or did you miss that part I am a typical household ... is that a NO or a yes that you made 5k more working normal hours ,,, not counting over time .. or is this to hard to figure out?
look up “median”.

or read chapter 1 of any economics text ever written. What you will
learn, is that when the demand for something goes up, the cost goes up. When the supply of something goes down, the cost goes up. With a growing economy and very low unemployment, that means the demand for labor is increasing, but the available supply is low. That means the cost of labor ( wages) will increase.

You asked, so I’ll answer. I’m making more than $5k more than i did in 2016. So are many, many people.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

You asked, so I’ll answer. I’m making more than $5k more than i did in 2016. So are many, many people.
same here....I'm not a union employee whose compensation is tied to some pre-determined formula...sounds like Wayne is expecting a check from the govt. for 5k
Old 11-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

do you see no difference between these statements?

(1) median income is up $5,000,

and.

(2) 100% of households
saw a $5,000 increase.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
do you see no difference between these statements?

(1) median income is up $5,000,

and.

(2) 100% of households
saw a $5,000 increase.
Ok define typical house hold