Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Elmo

Tuna/Cod

Have plans to go out to swc from plymouth tomorrow with wife, daughter and friend. We will do some whale watching, trolling, jigging and such. One thing I never do but my wife loves to do is bottom fish. Any general areas where we might try for cod out there this time of year, or would we need to be off the back side of the sec in 300' for that? Any insight is appreciated. Again, not looking for numbers or exact spots just general area. Jigging for tuna with friends on this board we seem to only find dogs. We never target bottom fish so I would not know where to find them. Feel free to pm me as well. Thanks in advance.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Go east! SWC is dead. Haven't done cod in a while but all the action is as far east as you care to go. I'd assume when you hit 250-300' water start jigging away.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Elmo

Thanks Paul. Are you saying I should go east for tuna, any fish at all (swc dead)? The cod are not that important to me if that is all you were referring to. I was figuring I would do the loop, SWC to SEC to peaked hill and back to race. Try to find some stripers and blues in my travels as well. Since you are out there as much as anyone, let me know if you think I should head a different direction altogether. Thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
It is actually Phil, but start your loop at the SEC.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Elmo

Oops, sorry Phil. Thanks for the intel. Looks like marine forecast just changed at 3:00pm but still calling for 2-3s.