Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #121
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
No the quote was from a judge who issued a stay.

The Associated Press and CNN disagree with you. They both quote Idaho's Governor Little as saying the words you quoted.

From the AP: When he signed the bill, Idaho’s governor noted his concerns with the legislation.

“Deputizing private citizens to levy hefty monetary fines on the exercise of a disfavored but judicially recognized constitutional right for the purpose of evading court review undermines our constitutional form of government and weakens our collective liberties,” Little wrote.

From CNN: Idaho Republican Gov. Brad Little, who suggested that the law was likely to be found unconstitutional. Even as he signed the bill into law last week, Little raised concerns that the "novel civil enforcement mechanism will in short order be proven both unconstitutional and unwise."
"Deputizing private citizens to levy hefty monetary fines on the exercise of a disfavored but judicially recognized constitutional right for the purpose of evading court review undermines our constitutional form of government and weakens our collective liberties," Little said in a statement accompanying the signing.

Then you have Texas woman charged with murder for ‘self-induced abortion’

I mentioned that in response to Pete F. And now the charges against her have been dropped.

How would government be aware of a self induced abortion?

Government would have to reveal and prove that at trial.

doubt progressivism is as dangerous as your suggesting

It's not "dangerous" to Progressives. Perhaps you're a Progressive.

I saw this

Modern conservatives don’t fear technology, they oppose new technologies that harm their friends. Put simply: renewable energy is a threat to the mining industry,oil and gas industry
Make perfect sense

I don't see evidence that they oppose renewable energy. They talk about cost differentials, feasability, getting totally rid of a current form before a new form is ready to totally displace it, depending on the still needed current form from foreign sources instead of American production, etc.

Their against Gays and abortion and Transgenders . Again because they think it harms their base who are Heavily White, Religious and They prefer authoritarianism to democracy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They're not "against" Gays and Transgenders. They oppose special rights for them, especially when those special rights infringe on everyone else's rights.

They oppose most abortions, not all, on princpal, not because they are "Heavily white, Religious and prefer authoritarianism to democracy. Blacks are as much against Gays and Transgenders as are whites. Maybe more so. And Blacks are probably more religious than whites. And blacks are at least as authoritarian as whites, in my opinion more so.

And democracy has nothing to do with the oppositions and preferences. Authoritarians, as in every country including ours, can be and are elected. A democracy allows authoritarians to gain control and shape a country and destroy the very system that got them elected. A constitutional democratic republic, can guard against that IF THE CONSTITUTION IS FOLLOWED AND NOT INTERPRETED INTO OBLIVION.

Progressive political philosophy and ultimate agenda is to replace our Constitutional order with a totally dominant system of permanent and unelected regulatory agencies run by "experts" that control every aspect of our lives. Whatever "democracy" remains in their governmental system will be a centrally controlled "expert" elite that competes with itself for power and from which our "candidates" come.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-10-2022 at 06:32 PM..
Old 04-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what are the details of the plan? who was involved?

i don’t doubt some wanted to overturn the election. like some of the BLM rioters wanted a permanent end to the police. and after the 2016 election, some congressional democrats am challenged the legitimacy of election results in some states with no evidence ( as always. it’s ok when they do it). but it was never going to happen. it could not happen.
Someone put those Donald Trump junior text messages on Hunter Biden’s laptop so Republicans will see them.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-11-2022, 08:18 AM   #123
wdmso

don’t doubt some wanted to overturn the election. like some of the BLM rioters wanted a permanent end to the police.

Jim get off the kook aid ! Seriously your arguments are getting more absurd .
Old 04-11-2022, 08:55 AM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
don’t doubt some wanted to overturn the election. like some of the BLM rioters wanted a permanent end to the police.

you’re saying no one on the left wants to abolish law enforcement as we know it? nobody suggested that?

let’s see who’s chugging kool
aid, and who can think for himself. i keep asking this very simple question, you and pete repeatedly refuse to answer.

I think the left is 100% correct on some big policy issues ( gay marriage, death penalty, need for some improved gun laws, and right to health insurance that covers pre existing conditions, which was a great and kind idea.)

now, please go ahead and tell us which big policy issues you completely agree with conservatives on? Give me some big policy issues in which you think
liberals are 100% wrong.

i can criticize my side, because no group of tens of millions of people
is perfect. i can be honest about that. i can do it immediately and honestly.

You guys can’t. And your silence speaks volumes.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:08 AM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:

Here’s an opinion ed from the New York Times, titled, “Yes We Literally Mean Abolish The Police.”

I’m not chugging kool
aid. There are those in the left who were calling for this.

you’re chugging the kool
aid, because you won’t admit what the NYT is publishing. Don’t take my word for it, just read the op ed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...olice.amp.html
Old 04-11-2022, 09:11 AM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:

and a CNN piece, saying that it was politically stupid for liberals to call for abolishing the police. Meaning, according to CNN, there were liberals calling for exactly that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ats/index.html
Old 04-11-2022, 11:47 AM   #127
Pete F.
Canceled

If Mnuchin got $1 billion from the Saudi’s

And Kushner got $2 billion from the Saudi’s

What did Trump get?
Old 04-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If Mnuchin got $1 billion from the Saudi’s

And Kushner got $2 billion from the Saudi’s

What did Trump get?
let’s find out.

can we also make sure the biden’s didn’t break any laws in amassing Hunters fortune?
Old 04-11-2022, 12:43 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
let’s find out.

can we also make sure the biden’s didn’t break any laws in amassing Hunters fortune?
If you believe Hunter Biden should be under investigation, then you should also want to see a full investigation into an attempted coup against our country. You’re either for or against the rule of law.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-11-2022, 12:46 PM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

Saudi crown prince bragged that Jared Kushner gave him CIA intelligence about other Saudis saying 'here are your enemies' days before 'corruption crackdown' which led to torture and death
Old 04-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you believe Hunter Biden should be under investigation, then you should also want to see a full investigation into an attempted coup against our country. You’re either for or against the rule of law.
i’ve said 100 times we should
investigate january 6. So I’m not sure what you’re referring to. as usual.

you’re the nine who applies the law selectively depending on the political party involved.

the gop is taking the house, then we’ll get a hunter investigation.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:45 PM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’ve said 100 times we should
investigate january 6. So I’m not sure what you’re referring to. as usual.

you’re the nine who applies the law selectively depending on the political party involved.

the gop is taking the house, then we’ll get a hunter investigation.
As the Trump rallies get smaller, the loyalists get more desperate.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-12-2022, 05:57 AM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
As the Trump rallies get smaller, the loyalists get more desperate.
i’m a trump loyalist? I’m praying he never runs again..

It’s the thoughtless liberal zombies who are getting desperate, as even cnn and msnbc are admitting the shellacking that is likely.

all your side can do, is use scare tactics, talk about trump and january 6th and make claims that nobody will be allowed to vote again if the gop takes the house.

People won’t be thinking about those things when they spent $90 to fill their car with gas, or $6 a pound for ground beef.

your lies are getting more deranged and constant. you’re the desperate one, trying to convince even yourself of something you know isn’t true.

why the heck would i feel
desperate about politics right now? it can’t be going any better for the gop, it’s not possible. Republicans are unbelievably confident right now, absolutely zero reason to be desperate. The GOP motto for the midterms should simply be, “had enough?”. it’s unbelievable what a horrible job they’ve done, both at the state and the federal level, with covid, crime, inflation, covid testing, gas, immigration, doing absolutely nothing about drugs, etc…it’s not all the democrats fault, but they run the show, so they own it. they haven’t failed at everything of course (covid vaccines, infastructure if it works, jobs, stock market - for now), but they’ve blown a lot of big things. because their ideas are just bad. they’re just bad ideas in some cases. how many times does “tax and spend” liberalism need to fail, exactly, before the left can conclude it fails? ideology is way more important to them than results. most americans don’t think that way.

maybe you shouldn’t have nominated an incompetent, not-so-nice, not very accomplished, dementia patient to be potus. but you did.

You made the bed, time to lie in it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-12-2022 at 07:18 AM..
Old 04-12-2022, 08:52 AM   #134
wdmso

Quote:
and a CNN piece, saying that it was politically stupid for liberals to call for abolishing the police. Meaning, according to CNN, there were liberals calling for exactly that.

Only the right and the farthest to the left ever thought defunding the police were suggesting getting rid of the police .

They got you chasing a red dot like a cat they’ve done it with CRT Transgenders oil leases Grooming children Hunter , masks , open borders the list of manufactured outrage is endless
Old 04-12-2022, 08:56 AM   #135
wdmso

Quote:

Only the right and the farthest to the left ever thought defunding the police were suggesting getting rid of the police .

They got you and every other faux conservatives chasing a red dot like a cat they’ve done it with CRT Transgenders oil leases Grooming children Hunter , masks , open borders stolen election big Tech , abortion guns green energy AoC the squad. the list of manufactured outrage is endless . And repeated every election cycle it’s amazing to watch
Old 04-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #136
scottw

^^^^wayne is in such deep denial he's posting duplicate for emphasis...
Old 04-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #137
scottw

Quote:

Jim get off the kook aid !

that's a new one.....
Old 04-12-2022, 09:15 AM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
^^^^wayne is in such deep denial he's posting duplicate for emphasis...
that’s a good one.

but the denial is very deep with him and pete.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:19 AM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:

They got you chasing a red dot like a cat they’ve done it with CRT Transgenders oil leases Grooming children Hunter , masks , open borders the list of manufactured outrage is endless
i posted a NYT op-ed that very clearly said they wanted to abolish the police.

But to your point, just about everyone in the left, paints police with a very unfair brush. almost no one in the left, will speak to the true causes ( and therefore actual
solutions) to crime. the left will only say what helps them win, and when it comes to life in the cities, that’s been a disaster for those who live there. The left is wrong about how bad things are, they’re wrong about the causes, and therefore not offering any solutions. giving cash to poor people and making them hate whites might help liberals win elections, but it obviously isn’t helping the people who live there.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:12 PM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans uphold the rule of law

31 South Dakota Republicans vote in favor of their state’s attorney general killing a pedestrian with his car and then lying about it.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:25 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trumplicans uphold the rule of law

31 South Dakota Republicans vote in favor of their state’s attorney general killing a pedestrian with his car and then lying about it.
how many prominent democrats took big money from harvey weinstein.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
how many prominent democrats took big money from harvey weinstein.
Perhaps you could elucidate on that

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
Perhaps you could elucidate on that
so you’re not aware of any?
Old 04-13-2022, 12:43 AM   #144
Pete F.
Canceled

Well the story about Will Smith was in the news longer than a Supreme Court Justice's wife trying to steal a democratic election.

Oh and Will Smith faced more consequences too.
Old 04-13-2022, 05:57 AM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well the story about Will Smith was in the news longer than a Supreme Court Justice's wife trying to steal a democratic election.

and yet you won’t comment on congressional democrats trying to steal a democratic election in 2016.

why is that?

your opposition to trying to steal fair elections, is politically selective. Which means it’s fake.

if you’re ok with democrats trying to steal elections after the fact, you don’t get to cry when republicans try to do it.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:05 AM   #146
Jim in CT

Quote:

oh, yiu keep harping about the insulin bill.

i’m addition to calling prices of insulin, the bill also gave the feds a lot more control on setting prices of other drugs. that’s the provision that republicans mostly objected to.

you’re being extremely and consistently dishonest about such things.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #147
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
oh, yiu keep harping about the insulin bill.

i’m addition to calling prices of insulin, the bill also gave the feds a lot more control on setting prices of other drugs. that’s the provision that republicans mostly objected to.

you’re being extremely and consistently dishonest about such things.
WE pay by far the highest prices in the world for medical care with far from the best results.
Why?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-13-2022, 09:46 AM   #148
PaulS

Quote:
WE pay by far the highest prices in the world for medical care with far from the best results.
Why?
And why doesn't the gov. use it's massive purchasing power to neg. lower prices like govs. do in the rest of the world?
Old 04-13-2022, 10:05 AM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why?
Please list the places which have the "best results", and compare the racial diversity of those places, with the racial diversity of America.

It's a little easier to achieve good health care results in a small country thats 90% racially homogeneous.

We have 330 million people, we are racially diverse, and we have a wide open southern border. Those things have consequences.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:16 PM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

Yea, it’s the brown people