Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #1
Jim in CT

$4.99 a gallon for 87 octane at local Shell station in Hartford area

$6/gallon here we come.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:32 PM   #2
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

#^&#^&#^&#^&ing ridiculous.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:37 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Will be playing more golf than traveling to my usual summer spots in Westport or Saconnet, oh well my game needs more work anyway. Loading up on sea bass and fluke hopefully while they are up inside BB and only a short 20 minute drive.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:24 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Will be playing more golf than traveling to my usual summer spots in Westport or Saconnet, oh well my game needs more work anyway. Loading up on sea bass and fluke hopefully while they are up inside BB and only a short 20 minute drive.
is the sea bassing in BB a good fishery this year? have a trip with my kids booked next sunday.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-04-2022, 01:43 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
is the sea bassing in BB a good fishery this year? have a trip with my kids booked next sunday.
Not like it used to be it’s a grind sometimes to scratch out a limit, but a couple days ago I found a piece of structure holding fluke and some nice hump heads. Got my sea bass limit and one nice fluke.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:42 AM   #6
wdmso

Falling Oil Prices Defy Predictions. But What About the Next Chapter?
Oil is under $90 a barrel, and consumers are benefiting

Should we say Biden did that seeing we have been told he made it go up

Ps avg price in conn. 4.00 bucks not going to see Covid prices again and not far from 2013 prices of 3.53. Which didn’t get much attention

Last edited by wdmso; 08-22-2022 at 07:47 AM..
Old 08-22-2022, 08:26 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Ps avg price in conn. 4.00 bucks

practically back to normal....phew
Old 08-22-2022, 08:43 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Falling Oil Prices Defy Predictions. But What About the Next Chapter?
Oil is under $90 a barrel, and consumers are benefiting

Should we say Biden did that seeing we have been told he made it go up

Ps avg price in conn. 4.00 bucks not going to see Covid prices again and not far from 2013 prices of 3.53. Which didn’t get much attention
"Should we say Biden did that"

Sure. We can say "thanks to Biden, things arent quite as bad as they were a month ago".

Wayne, you think Americans are celebrating $4/gallon gas? He has a long way to go. If gas gets to $3, I'll be the first to say it's a huge win for him. $4/gallon isn't a win for him. He didn't inherit $5/ gallon, he oversaw that. He didn't cause all of it obviously, but it's his problem
Old 08-22-2022, 09:19 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If your a BJ's member, until the 5th, they are running a great deal saving 0.50 cents per gallon after you spend $100 in the store before taxes. I stocked up on stuff I know we will use and saved $10 after filling up the Silverado.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
If your a BJ's member, until the 5th, they are running a great deal saving 0.50 cents per gallon after you spend $100 in the store before taxes. I stocked up on stuff I know we will use and saved $10 after filling up the Silverado.
you're
Old 08-22-2022, 09:34 AM   #11
Albie1guy

Gas

3.27 here. 3.17. New Bern

albie1guy
Old 08-22-2022, 10:14 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
"Should we say Biden did that"

Sure. We can say "thanks to Biden, things arent quite as bad as they were a month ago".

Wayne, you think Americans are celebrating $4/gallon gas? He has a long way to go. If gas gets to $3, I'll be the first to say it's a huge win for him. $4/gallon isn't a win for him. He didn't inherit $5/ gallon, he oversaw that. He didn't cause all of it obviously, but it's his problem

I am not claiming a win ..Just pointing out what I've said all along Markets control the price of Oil and Gas not POTUS

So my point was directed at those who still think the POTUS control gas prices
Old 08-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie1guy View Post
3.27 here. 3.17. New Bern
cheaper than in 2013 PS how the albie fishing down your way? starting to show around here
Old 08-22-2022, 10:20 AM   #14
wdmso

In 2014, the gas price was at its peak with a rate of $3.62 per gallon. Although it decreased in 2013, it still was over $3. The prices fell to $2.43 per gallon in 2015 and $2.14 in 2016. Compared to the previous years, in 2019, gas stations charged $2.6 USD per gallon. However, in 2020, the price was 2.17, which means the price went down by a total of 17%.

Update: The Gasoline price in 2022 was recorded $1.3 per liter on 27th June 2022, which sums up to $5 per gallon. Although it is higher than the previous year, which was $3.3 per gallon, it is still cheaper than the global gas prices, which even hit $4.6 per gallon. However, the prices vary greatly across the states in the U.S. For Instance, in California the prices are 50% higher than other states, which equals $6.3 per gallon. At the same time, the Midwest and South are 5% to 10% less than the overall price.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:

Just pointing out what I've said all along Markets control the price of Oil and Gas not POTUS

So my point was directed at those who still think the POTUS control gas prices
^^^who said this?

markets react to policy, which is something POTUS can control...POTUS can also release oil from our strategic reserves which will affect the market .....or beg Saudi's and Venezuelans to increase production, which will affect the market...could probably think of some other things.....
Old 08-22-2022, 10:22 AM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you're
You really need to set higher goals for yourself, because being the spelling police on a tiny obscure fishing web site isn't a grand endeavor. Or are you having issues catching our meaning or is it you just feel we should not let our computers control the messaging, but I understand you have an important role to play here.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:23 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
You really need to set higher goals for yourself, because being the spelling police on a tiny obscure fishing web site isn't a grand endeavor. Or are you having issues catching our meaning or is it you just feel we should not let our computers control the messaging, but I understand you have an important role to play here.
just trying to help...you should be more appreciative
Old 08-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well, if he didn’t have anything to do do with rising gas prices, why is he taking credit for them going down?

“Gas prices have been dropping for 34 days straight, about 50 cents a gallon. That saves the average driver about $25 a month.

I know those extra dollars and cents mean something. It's breathing room. And we're not done working to get prices even lower.“ - Joe Biden
Old 08-22-2022, 02:55 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
^^^who said this?

playing dumb again
Old 08-22-2022, 02:56 PM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well, if he didn’t have anything to do do with rising gas prices, why is he taking credit for them going down?

“Gas prices have been dropping for 34 days straight, about 50 cents a gallon. That saves the average driver about $25 a month.

I know those extra dollars and cents mean something. It's breathing room. And we're not done working to get prices even lower.“ - Joe Biden
Another one playing dumb shocking..

PS just because Biden is taking credit for falling gas prices it doesn't change my view on how it works

Last edited by wdmso; 08-22-2022 at 03:22 PM..
Old 08-22-2022, 03:20 PM   #21
wdmso

been saying this since day 1 that's its Flawed Logic

He Biden did nothing! to make Oil go up! And Has done nothing to make it go Down...

the Markets moved the prices Up and Down ..

So whos putting all these stickers on Pumps other than republicans blaming Biden when are the going to start giving him credit ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIDEN_STICKER_c0-39-1072-663_s561x327.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	69113  
Old 08-22-2022, 03:41 PM   #22
wdmso

Half of US States Hit Record-Low Unemployment Rates in 2022:

I thought the sky was falling?

STATE EMPLOYMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT -- JULY 2022

Unemployment rates were lower in July in 14 states and the District of Columbia, higher in
3 states, and stable in 33 states, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. All
50 states and the District had jobless rate decreases from a year earlier. The national
unemployment rate edged down to 3.5 percent over the month and was 1.9 percentage points
lower than in July 2021.

Nonfarm payroll employment increased in 20 states, decreased in 2 states, and was
essentially unchanged in 28 states and the District of Columbia in July 2022. Over the
year, nonfarm payroll employment increased in 43 states and the District and was
essentially unchanged in 7 states.

This news release presents statistics from two monthly programs. The civilian labor force
and unemployment data are modeled based largely on a survey of households. These data
pertain to individuals by where they reside. The employment data are from an establishment
survey that measures nonfarm employment, hours, and earnings by industry. These data
pertain to jobs on payrolls defined by where the establishments are located. For more
information about the concepts and statistical methodologies used by these two programs,
see the Technical Note.

Unemployment

Minnesota had the lowest jobless rate in July, 1.8 percent. The next lowest rates were in
Nebraska, New Hampshire, and Utah, 2.0 percent each. The rates in the following seven
states set new series lows (all state series begin in 1976): Alaska (4.5 percent),
California (3.9 percent), Georgia (2.8 percent), Louisiana (3.6 percent), Mississippi
(3.6 percent), Missouri (2.5 percent), and Washington (3.7 percent). The District of
Columbia had the highest unemployment rate, 5.2 percent, followed by Alaska and New Mexico,
4.5 percent each. In total, 17 states had unemployment rates lower than the U.S. figure of
3.5 percent, 10 states and the District had higher rates, and 23 states had rates that
were not appreciably different from that of the nation. (See tables A and 1.)

In July, 14 states and the District of Columbia had over-the-month unemployment rate
decreases, the largest of which was in New Mexico (-0.4 percentage point). Three states
had unemployment rate increases: Indiana (+0.2 percentage point) and Montana and Nebraska
(+0.1 point each). Thirty-three states had jobless rates that were not notably different
from those of a month earlier, though some had changes that were at least as large
numerically as the significant changes. (See table B.)

The largest unemployment rate decreases from July 2021 occurred in California (-3.5
percentage points) and Rhode Island (-3.3 points). The smallest over-the-year jobless
rate decline occurred in Nebraska (-0.5 percentage point). (See table C.)
Old 08-22-2022, 03:55 PM   #23
Jim in CT

wdmso, unemployment came way down when we opened back up. Biden deserves some credit for this, no doubt. The stock market is also up, and he deserves credit for that.

Do you know what usually happens when the fed hammer interest rates? The sky isn’t falling. But there are perfectly valid reasons to believe a recession is coming. Not the great depression or 2018, but a recession. By the old definition were already in a recession, so we of course need to change the definition. But there are ominous signs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfri...ew-survey/amp/
Old 08-22-2022, 04:03 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Another one playing dumb shocking..

PS just because Biden is taking credit for falling gas prices it doesn't change my view on how it works
I’d rather play it than live it

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-22-2022, 04:34 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
I’d rather play it than live it
You seem to both well ..
Old 08-22-2022, 04:53 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, unemployment came way down when we opened back up. Biden deserves some credit for this, no doubt. The stock market is also up, and he deserves credit for that.

Do you know what usually happens when the fed hammer interest rates? The sky isn’t falling. But there are perfectly valid reasons to believe a recession is coming. Not the great depression or 2018, but a recession. By the old definition were already in a recession, so we of course need to change the definition. But there are ominous signs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfri...ew-survey/amp/
Jim this unemployment data is recent data not Covid bounce back this is July 2022

This is a message you won’t see on fox or from the mouths of republicans
They just keep yelling recession over and over !!! until Americans just like when they keep being told how bad the hurricane thats coming they Shut down only to wake up the next day and the storm never showed

Republicans want a recession like they want inflation because they think it benefits them on Election Day .. funny way to show you care about American family’s
Old 08-22-2022, 05:32 PM   #27
Albie1guy

Quote:
cheaper than in 2013 PS how the albie fishing down your way? starting to show around here
The boats have been into them for a little while already

albie1guy
Old 08-22-2022, 05:35 PM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You seem to both well ..
Nothing fluffs up a resume for MENSA membership like an intellectual smack down that’s grammatically incorrect.

You are the gift that keeps on giving.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-22-2022, 05:43 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Nothing fluffs up a resume for MENSA membership like an intellectual smack down that’s grammatically incorrect.

You are the gift that keeps on giving.
I hoped you cleared this with Scott, that’s his passion and sole source apparently of pleasure, grammar and spelling is his life.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:52 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim this unemployment data is recent data not Covid bounce back this is July 2022

This is a message you won’t see on fox or from the mouths of republicans
They just keep yelling recession over and over !!! until Americans just like when they keep being told how bad the hurricane thats coming they Shut down only to wake up the next day and the storm never showed

Republicans want a recession like they want inflation because they think it benefits them on Election Day .. funny way to show you care about American family’s
Yes, I'm aware it's recent. WHat did I say, to make you think I thought it was old? Do you have to argue with me, even when I'm agreeing with you? Here's what I said:

unemployment came way down when we opened back up. Biden deserves some credit for this, no doubt.

"They just keep yelling recession over and over !!!"

We had two consecutive quarters of GDP decreases. If Trump was POTUS, tell me how that would be shared in the media?

"Republicans want a recession like they want inflation because they think it benefits them on Election Day "

True. You going to tell me Democrats didn't exploit the subprime mortgage crisis in 2008, and covid for 2020?