Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-28-2022, 04:48 AM   #151
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this guys supporters like Jim RR Scott & dad . Won’t believe he retaliated against player … he’s a god fearing man

But they believe Biden showered with his it seems teen age daughter Source Project Veritas,

Aimee Harris, a Florida claims to have sold Biden’s daughter’s journal. To project veritas for 40 k that she claims she found in a halfway house in 2020

Single mother of two Aimee Harris, 39, also fresh out of rehab, moved in weeks later and found it under the mattress.

Laptops and now diary’s

But Jan6th was a hoax
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you’re the one who brought up diaries,, yet criticizing us for doing so. That’s not stupid, no sir.

also, aren’t you engaging in what about-ism
here?

so please stop criticizing others for doing it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-28-2022 at 06:14 AM..
Old 06-28-2022, 05:57 AM   #152
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m confident that coaches, being well-adjusted folks with a firm grasp of individual autonomy and well-known respect for free will, wouldn’t conduct performative religious rituals in a way to coerce faith minorities.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:15 AM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m confident that coaches, being well-adjusted folks with a firm grasp of individual autonomy and well-known respect for free will, wouldn’t conduct performative religious rituals in a way to coerce faith minorities.
so, does that mean you made it up, when you said he punished kids who didn’t participate? Sure sounds like it.

What does it say about you, that you can’t discuss this based on the actual facts? You need to fabricate details to make it agreeable to your narrative.

That’s what Jordan Peterson calls “the pathology of ideological
possession.”. You don’t merely “believe” in liberalism, you are possessed by it, you are enslaved by it.

Why not say he’s a pedophile while you’re making things up?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-28-2022 at 06:21 AM..
Old 06-28-2022, 06:56 AM   #154
Pete F.
Canceled

Google is free

I do wonder about people who think liberal teachers are indoctrinating kids but who also want teachers leading prayers. There are huge differences among Christian denominations, not to mention with other faiths and no faith. If a teacher can make your kid gay (no a teacher can’t make your kid gay), don’t you think the teacher could also make him a Pentecostal?

On a similar note, I have watched the harrowing video of the assault on Rudy Giuliani. Just incredible that he survived. Be safe out there
Old 06-28-2022, 07:28 AM   #155
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this guys supporters like Jim RR Scott & dad . Won’t believe he retaliated against player … he’s a god fearing man

But they believe Biden showered with his it seems teen age daughter Source Project Veritas,

Aimee Harris, a Florida claims to have sold Biden’s daughter’s journal. To project veritas for 40 k that she claims she found in a halfway house in 2020

Single mother of two Aimee Harris, 39, also fresh out of rehab, moved in weeks later and found it under the mattress.

Laptops and now diary’s

But Jan6th was a hoax
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

You’re not to bright, are you

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-28-2022, 07:45 AM   #156
Jim in CT

Quote:
Google is free

I do wonder about people who think liberal teachers are indoctrinating kids but who also want teachers leading prayers. There are huge differences among Christian denominations, not to mention with other faiths and no faith. If a teacher can make your kid gay (no a teacher can’t make your kid gay), don’t you think the teacher could also make him a Pentecostal?

On a similar note, I have watched the harrowing video of the assault on Rudy Giuliani. Just incredible that he survived. Be safe out there
i never said a teacher can make a kid gay. but for sure a teacher can make a kid a liberal.

Pete i’m old enough to remember how we treated each other when churches were mobbed on sunday’s. i can therefore compare that to our culture now, now that churches are 70% empty on sundays. We’re losing our moral compass, and it’s tied to losing faith.

No one needs faith to be a good person or to lead a rich life. But the data shows it helps, and you’re a perfect example, miserable, empty, bitter, consumed with hate.

i’d be ok with a generic prayer in school, there’s plenty of those. It won’t happen though, and i’m ok with that. Unlike you, i can deal
with it when i don’t get my way.

On this issue of abortion, obviously it all comes down to the status of the baby, that’s literally all that matters. The left is saying it’s not a person. The left made the same exact argument about blacks a while ago, and for the same exact reason ( personal convenience).

Make that wrong.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:58 AM   #157
Pete F.
Canceled

So, you’re admitting that you want a theocracy.
Of course, returning to the fifties will be great.
Before minorities and women got all uppity, when men were men and women made dinner.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:50 AM   #158
Jim in CT

Quote:
So, you’re admitting that you want a theocracy.
Of course, returning to the fifties will be great.
Before minorities and women got all uppity, when men were men and women made dinner.
i said i’m ok with a generic prayer, and also ok without it.

From that, you claim i want a theocracy.

Good luck with that reasoning Pete.

Which side kept minorities segregated in the 1950s? And wasn’t it the religious right who led the charge against segregation, as the religious right led the charge against slavery?
Old 06-28-2022, 10:46 AM   #159
Nebe

Wait for the murders and suicides to happen from moms who have no options and dads who refuse to be dads.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:00 AM   #160
PaulS

I guess this is the reason many states aren't making an exception for rape. Maybe the woman should just "lay back and enjoy it"

A Republican nominee in a closely watched House race in Virginia made bizarre and false comments about rape victims, saying in leaked audio recordings that she wouldn’t be surprised if a woman’s body prevents pregnancies from rape because “it’s not something that’s happening organically,” and that the rapist is doing it “quickly.”
In the second clip, after the unidentified woman said she heard that it is “harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped,” Ms. Vega replied: “Well maybe, because there’s so much going on in the body, I don’t know. I haven’t, haven’t, you know, seen any studies but if I’m processing what you’re saying it wouldn’t surprise me, because it’s not something that’s happening organically, right? It’s forcing it.”

After the unidentified woman said the body “shuts down,” Ms. Vega replied: “Yeah, yeah, and then the individual, the male, is doing it as quickly, it’s not like, you know, and so I can see why maybe there’s truth to that.”
Old 06-28-2022, 11:11 AM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i said i’m ok with a generic prayer, and also ok without it.

From that, you claim i want a theocracy.

Good luck with that reasoning Pete.

Which side kept minorities segregated in the 1950s? And wasn’t it the religious right who led the charge against segregation, as the religious right led the charge against slavery?
What an odd view of history you have.

Apparently you missed Atwater’s Southern Strategy, the role of the Southern denominations in the fight against desegregation, and the splits in the Methodist, Baptist and other Churches over slavery.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Wait for the murders and suicides to happen from moms who have no options and dads who refuse to be dads.
well, they have the option of going next door to a liberal state, so there’s that. You left that out.

Some southern red states have been clamping down on abortions, and the women aren’t all
dying.

And if someone commits suicide, tragic as that his, that’s their choice. The unborn has no choice in abortion outcomes.

You can’t win this debate, you aren’t holding any cards.

Maybe women should stop sleeping with “dads who refuse to be dads”, and move a little selective about who they hop into bed with.

This is democracy. Your state can do whet it wants, other states can do what they want. Where is it written in the stars they liberals have to get their way 100% of the time?
Old 06-28-2022, 11:25 AM   #163
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The largest cause of death of pregnant women is murder by the sperm donor

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #164
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess this is the reason many states aren't making an exception for rape. Maybe the woman should just "lay back and enjoy it"

A Republican nominee in a closely watched House race in Virginia made bizarre and false comments about rape victims, saying in leaked audio recordings that she wouldn’t be surprised if a woman’s body prevents pregnancies from rape because “it’s not something that’s happening organically,” and that the rapist is doing it “quickly.”
In the second clip, after the unidentified woman said she heard that it is “harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped,” Ms. Vega replied: “Well maybe, because there’s so much going on in the body, I don’t know. I haven’t, haven’t, you know, seen any studies but if I’m processing what you’re saying it wouldn’t surprise me, because it’s not something that’s happening organically, right? It’s forcing it.”

After the unidentified woman said the body “shuts down,” Ms. Vega replied: “Yeah, yeah, and then the individual, the male, is doing it as quickly, it’s not like, you know, and so I can see why maybe there’s truth to that.”
"I guess this is the reason many states aren't making an exception for rape. Maybe the woman should just "lay back and enjoy it"

Or you could ask someone what the reason is, which is how normal people inform themselves. The reason, and it's harsh but principled, is this...if you believe the baby is a person at conception, then the circumstances of the conception don't change that. It's a principled thing to believe.

Is that a state house race or a US house race? Hope she loses whatever race that is.

US Rep Hank Johnson (D-GA), said that he was afraid that building a military base on Guam might cause Guam to tip over. He literally said that. And no one on the left cares, because it's perfectly OK when democrats say outrageous things. Just this week, Pelosi, the terrific Catholic, looked down at a little Hispanic girl standing next to her, then elbowed her out of the way. If Marjorie Taylor Green had done that?

Everything is OK when democrats do it. But all Republicans are responsible for the insane things that kooks on their side say.

The Chicago mayor said in public, "F--- Clarence Thomas". That's OK.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:33 AM   #165
Pete F.
Canceled

If you don't accept that bodily autonomy is an essential unconditional liberty, it's a waste of time talking to you at all. No other liberties survive without that one, more fundamental than property rights: if you don't own yourself absolutely, you own nothing.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you don't accept that bodily autonomy is an essential unconditional liberty, it's a waste of time talking to you at all. No other liberties survive without that one, more fundamental than property rights: if you don't own yourself absolutely, you own nothing.
this has absolutely nothing to do with the principles of bodily autonomy. All that matters is the status of the baby.

we both believe women can do whatever they want,, as long as they don’t harm someone else. All that matters, literally all that matters, is whether or not the baby represents “someone else”.

Every other issue in this debate, is a smokescreen. unless you believe women have the right to murder anyone they want. But if you believe that the right to bodily autonomy stops at the point where someone else’s bodily autonomy is an issue, the. you and i agree on bodily autonomy.

we only disagree, on whether or not the baby is a person. When ultrasounds show the unborn actively fighting off the instruments of abortion, what does that mean to you? I’d pay to see you answer that.

And how do mandatory vaccines fit into your idea of bodily autonomy,
Old 06-28-2022, 11:58 AM   #167
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	514e57892404a89b067b5754e87abb6e708dd412fc911a246c2e5ea294d98690_1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	68993  

Old 06-28-2022, 12:03 PM   #168
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
this has absolutely nothing to do with the principles of bodily autonomy. All that matters is the status of the baby.

we both believe women can do whatever they want,, as long as they don’t harm someone else. All that matters, literally all that matters, is whether or not the baby represents “someone else”.

Every other issue in this debate, is a smokescreen. unless you believe women have the right to murder anyone they want. But if you believe that the right to bodily autonomy stops at the point where someone else’s bodily autonomy is an issue, the. you and i agree on bodily autonomy.

we only disagree, on whether or not the baby is a person. When ultrasounds show the unborn actively fighting off the instruments of abortion, what does that mean to you? I’d pay to see you answer that.

So your religion says

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-28-2022, 12:07 PM   #169
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Hmmm
That's pretty accurate. But regarding abortion, no one denies that women can do whatever they want, as long as they don't harm someone else.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the idea of self autonomy or choice. All that matters is one's view of the unborn. The left never allows it to be framed that way, because that framing (the honest framing of the issue) paints the pro life crown as the side with empathy. Which it is, on this issue. The left might consider it mis-placed empathy, but the anti abortion position has nothing to do with the desire to enslave women, and everything to do with protecting what some consider to be an innocent human being.

The left never, ever allows it to be framed that way.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:13 PM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
So your religion says
That's true, but also my conscience. My religion says that, but that's not why I say it.

You don't know the first thing about me. My beliefs determine my religion, you think it's the other way around. If the Pope announced today that the unborn aren't people and abortion was OK, you assume I'd embrace that belief. What I'd do, is find another religion that's the right fit for me.

For the 3rd time on this thread, I've heard OBGYNs tell of unborn babies trying, always unsuccessfully, to fight off the instruments of abortion. What does that say to you? Why won't you answer? This is what you advocate for, so why won't you address it? If you're so squeemish and uncomfortable with what abortion is, why do you support it so rabidly? Answer - because YOUR religion - liberalism - commands you to.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:15 PM   #171
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Six Catholic Justices decided this, it’s not religion🤷#^&♂️

A vaccine mandate doesn’t mean you are forced to have a vaccine. It means to participate in certain activities you need one. You can always choose to not participate in the activities.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-28-2022, 12:23 PM   #172
Jim in CT

Quote:
Six Catholic Justices decided this, it’s not religion��#^&♂️

A vaccine mandate doesn’t mean you are forced to have a vaccine. It means to participate in certain activities you need one. You can always choose to not participate in the activities.
You just don't get it.

The SCOTUS didn't say abortion is immoral. If they did, THAT would be the Catholic position. What they said, is that according to the Constitution, its not a federal issue but a state issue. There wasn't anything remotely close to a judgment about the morality of abortion. That discussion will occur where it belongs, in the states.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:23 PM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That's true, but also my conscience. My religion says that, but that's not why I say it.

You don't know the first thing about me. My beliefs determine my religion, you think it's the other way around. If the Pope announced today that the unborn aren't people and abortion was OK, you assume I'd embrace that belief. What I'd do, is find another religion that's the right fit for me.

For the 3rd time on this thread, I've heard OBGYNs tell of unborn babies trying, always unsuccessfully, to fight off the instruments of abortion. What does that say to you? Why won't you answer? This is what you advocate for, so why won't you address it? If you're so squeemish and uncomfortable with what abortion is, why do you support it so rabidly? Answer - because YOUR religion - liberalism - commands you to.
Silly troll, it’s not my choice to make or yours.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I never answer your silly questions.

Just because I’m pro choice doesn’t mean I’m pro abortion.
I don’t think anyones religion should be forced on another American, you do.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-28-2022, 12:36 PM   #174
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You just don't get it.

The SCOTUS didn't say abortion is immoral. If they did, THAT would be the Catholic position. What they said, is that according to the Constitution, its not a federal issue but a state issue. There wasn't anything remotely close to a judgment about the morality of abortion.
Rowe v Wade stood for fifty years, until there was a Catholic majority on the Supreme Court.
I believe the majority in their opinion as much as I did in their confirmation hearings when they said it was settled law, etc.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-28-2022, 12:56 PM   #175
Jim in CT

Quote:
Rowe v Wade stood for fifty years, until there was a Catholic majority on the Supreme Court.
I believe the majority in their opinion as much as I did in their confirmation hearings when they said it was settled law, etc.
How long did the Dred Scott and Plessy V Ferguson decisions stand?

No one cares if you choose to hear things that no one said.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:08 PM   #176
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

by certain activities you mean.........like your job?

mandate verb
man·​date | \ ˈman-ˌdāt \
mandated; mandating
Definition of mandate (Entry 2 of 2)
transitive verb

1: to administer or assign (something, such as a territory) under a mandate
2: to officially require (something) : make (something) mandatory : ORDER
a law mandating recycling
also : to direct or require (someone) to do something
a commission mandated to investigate corruption

Old 06-28-2022, 01:58 PM   #177
wdmso

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., is arguing against the separation of church and state, according to a new video.

Boebert’s comments came Sunday at Cornerstone Christian Center in Basalt, Colorado

Won’t see any outrage from the usual suspects
Old 06-28-2022, 02:02 PM   #178
wdmso

I've heard OBGYNs tell of unborn babies trying, always unsuccessfully, to fight off the instruments of abortion

OMG how gullible are you? Now we have karate fetus self aware of threats bobbing and weaving in the womb
Old 06-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #179
wdmso

Quote:
you’re the one who brought up diaries,, yet criticizing us for doing so. That’s not stupid, no sir.

also, aren’t you engaging in what about-ism
here?

so please stop criticizing others for doing it.
Your clueless .. I’ve compared a believe and a disbelief. Of what those mentioned posted … Aka Biden’s shower habits…. In multiple threads . As a deflection

It’s not my fault you guys can’t do a google search .and find out we’re the stuff you post as truth comes from
Old 06-28-2022, 02:18 PM   #180
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

You’re not to bright, are you
What did I get wrong? you don’t believe what happened on Jan 6th was a hoax or just the part Trump and his administration tried to overturn the election .

Or you claiming you don’t care ?