Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-29-2022, 03:59 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You didn’t ask me about Bush, you asked if I’d blame Trump for the price of gas, which was I posted about. If you don’t think Putin’s war hasn’t been a major influence on gas, which in turn impacts the price of goods, I guess your grasp on things is a bit loose.
ok. and you would all be blaming trump. you guys are acting like gas and inflation weren’t a thing until putin invaded. it’s a flat out lie, and everyone knows it. why not blame sarah palin?

if bush owned the subprime mortgage crisis, then i’m sorry, biden owns this.

Russia made it worse, without question. But it was already bad. That might be a very inconvenient fact for you guys come november, but it’s still a fact. And putin had zilch to do with Afghanistan withdrawal, crime, the border is a mess, drug deaths are up, suicides are way up, etc…
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-01-2022, 05:25 PM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I know you love polls, almost 50% of Americans think Trump should be charged and you obviously feel that, plus the Supreme Court stripping women of control of their bodies won’t impact the mid terms. I don’t think the red wave you have been predicting is a given.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:57 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know you love polls, almost 50% of Americans think Trump should be charged and you obviously feel that, plus the Supreme Court stripping women of control of their bodies won’t impact the mid terms. I don’t think the red wave you have been predicting is a given.
so a minority of americans think he should be charged, and you want me you believe that’s a huge help to the democrats in november?

If he broke the law, charge him. But this hearing is a joke, it’s not a fact finding team when every single person there hates Trump. Not when they rely on hearsay instead of asking secret service agents who were in the car. that’s called a smear campaign.

women have never had total
control of their bodies. They can’t use their bodies to harm anyone else, for example female teachers can’t get involved with make students. There are all kinds of laws that limit what women can do with their bodies.

If you believe women can do what they want with their own bodies, presumably you’re ok with abortion through the 9th month? after all, it’s her body.

i’m sure you don’t think it’s a given. Roe will help democrats, it has to, question is how much. We’ll see. I don’t hear anyone who’s more serious than Joy Behar say it’s not coming. But who knows.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:32 PM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so a minority of americans think he should be charged, and you want me you believe that’s a huge help to the democrats in november?

If he broke the law, charge him. But this hearing is a joke, it’s not a fact finding team when every single person there hates Trump. Not when they rely on hearsay instead of asking secret service agents who were in the car. that’s called a smear campaign.

women have never had total
control of their bodies. They can’t use their bodies to harm anyone else, for example female teachers can’t get involved with make students. There are all kinds of laws that limit what women can do with their bodies.

If you believe women can do what they want with their own bodies, presumably you’re ok with abortion through the 9th month? after all, it’s her body.

i’m sure you don’t think it’s a given. Roe will help democrats, it has to, question is how much. We’ll see. I don’t hear anyone who’s more serious than Joy Behar say it’s not coming. But who knows.
so a minority of americans think he should be charged,

Love to see that poll

Poll: Nearly 60% of Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6

More than 60% of independents polled say that the former president should be charged.

Just proves you don’t pay attention
Old 07-01-2022, 06:48 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
so a minority of americans think he should be charged,

Love to see that poll

Poll: Nearly 60% of Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6

More than 60% of independents polled say that the former president should be charged.

Just proves you don’t pay attention
"so a minority of americans think he should be charged,

Love to see that poll "

Then ask Got Stripers, I was responding to his post when he said:

"almost 50% of Americans think Trump should be charged"

I suggest you ask him where he's getting his faulty data...

"Just proves you don’t pay attention can't read, you just always assume liberal=good and conservative=bad, regardless of what actually took place."

Fixed it for you.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-01-2022 at 06:55 PM..
Old 07-02-2022, 06:40 AM   #36
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The only one not paying attention is you apparently, because if you were watching all these republicans testify and now hear two very conservative lawyers (one defending Trump during the impeachment) say Trump likely will be charged, you couldn’t say this is just a smear campaign.

My statement was before the last hearing and it was 48%, after the latest……..In the poll, which was conducted by Ipsos in partnership with ABC News using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel, 58% of Americans think Trump should be charged with a crime for his role in the riot
Old 07-02-2022, 06:47 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
The only one not paying attention is you apparently, because if you were watching all these republicans testify and now hear two very conservative lawyers (one defending Trump during the impeachment) say Trump likely will be charged, you couldn’t say this is just a smear campaign.
i’ve said 1000 times he may well have broken the law. that doesn’t mean this isn’t a smear campaign. Why haven’t the secret service agents testified about what happened in the car? is there a single person on the committee who doesn’t openly hate trump? the two republicans can’t stand him.

I am rooting for him to be sufficiently smeared by this that he can’t run again. Because democrats have shown they can defeat trump. i don’t think they have a prayer against Desantis. not a prayer.

the left has been out to get him
since he won. That doesn’t mean there aren’t legitimate crimes here. But the left has shown a willingness to fabricate charges against him
as well, like the russia hoax you were all obsessed with for two years and nothing was there.

i have no doubt Trump is dirty, and at the same time, the left is crazed with hate for him. Two things can be true at the same
time.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:21 AM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
i’ve said 1000 times he may well have broken the law. that doesn’t mean this isn’t a smear campaign. Why haven’t the secret service agents testified about what happened in the car? is there a single person on the committee who doesn’t openly hate trump? the two republicans can’t stand him.

I am rooting for him to be sufficiently smeared by this that he can’t run again. Because democrats have shown they can defeat trump. i don’t think they have a prayer against Desantis. not a prayer.

since he won. That doesn’t mean there aren’t legitimate crimes here. But the left has shown a willingness to fabricate charges against him
as well, like the russia hoax you were all obsessed with for two years and nothing was there.

i have no doubt Trump is dirty, and at the same time, the left is crazed with hate for him. Two things can be true at the same
time.
he may well have broken the law. that doesn’t mean this isn’t a smear campaign

What he did or didn’t do in the suv only shows his state of mind.. and he wanted to be with the mob at the capital

But keep ignoring his word his actions his lack of actions his supporters request for pardons the emails all those who who refused to testify or pleaded the 5th and keep convincing yourself it’s just a smear campaign. All those who did testify and were dismissed by the cult as Rinos or never trumpers

He was poison the minute he came down the escalator and every one knew it to include the GOP. But then then they put Trump before the nation seeing he was a useful idiot whom they lost control over who attacked American democracy with lies and a conspiracy to steal the election via Fraud he conveniently blamed others of doing. and that’s why we are we’re we are today.

You can’t smear a person by telling the Truth and presenting Facts

Only Trump loyalist think that’s a smear campaign
Old 07-02-2022, 11:27 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

time.
The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-03-2022, 04:59 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie.
if you cared about the truth at all, why not let secret service agents who were in the car, testify about what happened in the car? rather than relying on hearsay testimony? You brought up the truth, fine, please tell me why hearsay testimony from someone who wasn’t there, is more likely to
lead to the truth than testimony from people who were actually there?
Old 07-03-2022, 05:36 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if you cared about the truth at all, why not let secret service agents who were in the car, testify about what happened in the car? rather than relying on hearsay testimony? You brought up the truth, fine, please tell me why hearsay testimony from someone who wasn’t there, is more likely to
lead to the truth than testimony from people who were actually there?
You claim that they don’t have the opportunity to testify under oath?
Nobody understood that the Secret Service had been compromised by Donald Trump better than Mike Pence.
Two Secret Service sources confirm that Trump DID angrily "demand" to be taken to join his violent insurrectionist mob at the Capitol and "berated" his protective detail when they refused — confirming the bombshell testimony of Cassidy Hutchinson.
I would be glad to see them testify

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin