Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-18-2022, 08:56 PM   #1
Jim in CT

has a liberal ever apologized for anything?

when you’re never wrong, i guess you never have to apologize

So what if they accused law enforcement officers of whipping blacks people, when they never came close to doing so?

why would that justify a liberal
admitting they were wrong?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jen...pping-migrants
Old 04-19-2022, 04:51 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Good Luck with that

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-19-2022, 05:17 AM   #3
scottw

Old 04-19-2022, 05:19 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Good Luck with that
i’m not holding me breath.

But imagine being one of those border law enforcement guys. You do what you’re told, putting yourself in danger to deal with a situation that only exists because of incompetent politicians.

and the thanks you get for risking your life to perform your duty, is that one of those incompetent politicians who caused this, the president and his staff, go on national
tv and tell the country you like to whip black people like a former plantation owner.

That’s the thanks they get. And no apology. Zip.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-19-2022, 08:26 AM   #5
wdmso

Jim and his hypocrites clown car passengers are amazing to watch ..

get back to us normal people when the entire right apologizes for supporting Trumps election Fraud claims or that they were wrong in trying to over turn the election after ..or you demand Kayleigh McEnany Sarah Huckabee Sandersto apologize for their lies .. I’ll wait
Old 04-19-2022, 08:30 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim and his hypocrites clown car passengers are amazing to watch ..

get back to us normal people when the entire right apologizes for supporting Trumps election Fraud claims or that they were wrong in trying to over turn the election after ..or you demand Kayleigh McEnany Sarah Huckabee Sandersto apologize for their lies .. I’ll wait
so here’s what you’re saying…

because of Trump, it’s ok for the president to falsely accuse CBP of whipping blacks, and refuse to apologize when it’s proven that didn’t happen.

Trump is the reason why they shouldn’t apologize to those whom they smeared on national tv.

that’s not crazy.

Hypocrisy? you refuse to comment in Stacey Abrams phony claims of fraud, yiu refuse to admit congressional democrats tried to steal trump’s win in 2017.

that’s not hypocrisy?

i’ve said trump shouldn’t be allowed to run again. i don’t know what else you want me to say. he lied, and he tried to un do an election. we all know it.

i can admit it with trump. you can’t admit it on your side. why is that?who’s the hypocrite?
Old 04-19-2022, 09:30 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so here’s what you’re saying…

because of Trump, it’s ok for the president to falsely accuse CBP of whipping blacks, and refuse to apologize when it’s proven that didn’t happen.

Trump is the reason why they shouldn’t apologize to those whom they smeared on national tv.

that’s not crazy.

Hypocrisy? you refuse to comment in Stacey Abrams phony claims of fraud, yiu refuse to admit congressional democrats tried to steal trump’s win in 2017.

that’s not hypocrisy?

i’ve said trump shouldn’t be allowed to run again. i don’t know what else you want me to say. he lied, and he tried to un do an election. we all know it.

i can admit it with trump. you can’t admit it on your side. why is that?who’s the hypocrite?
The agents have been cleared of wrongdoing but remain on desk duty

Fox News

Ny post The Border Patrol agents accused of “whipping” Haitian migrants last September have been cleared of criminal wrongdoing

Seems you jumped the gun shocking

They could have violated policy, who knows
Old 04-19-2022, 09:43 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
The agents have been cleared of wrongdoing but remain on desk duty

Fox News

Ny post The Border Patrol agents accused of “whipping” Haitian migrants last September have been cleared of criminal wrongdoing

Seems you jumped the gun shocking

They could have violated policy, who knows
i didn’t jump any gun. i know the agents have been cleared. that’s precisely why biden and psaki owe them an apology.

we know they didn’t whip anybody. we also know, that lefties claimed they did, were all crying and needing hugs and safe spaces and places to seek mindfulness, decrying the end of the world.

wayne, if i said 1+1=2, after you looked it up and concluded i was correct, would you still shriek that i was wrong, just because i’m a conservative?

Do you think a conservative has ever been right?
Old 06-12-2022, 10:25 AM   #9
PaulS

Didn't Hillary apologize for the deplorables comment but everytime you use her deplorable comment and I point out she apologize you dismiss it? Didn't Schumer apologize recently.

I wonder if we'll see an apology for this?
Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert received cheers and applause when quipped that she prays for President Joe Biden's demise while speaking at a Christian event.

Boebert made the comments during a weekend event called the Family Camp Meeting at Charis Christian Center in Colorado Springs, which included a series of pastors and speakers "who have proven God's Word," according to the center's website.

A video of Boebert making the comment has circulated on social media.

"I do want you to know that I pray for our President. Psalm 109:8 says, 'May his days be few and another take his office.' Hallelujah! Glory to God," Boebert said with a laugh as the crowd clapped and cheered.
Old 06-12-2022, 01:37 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Didn't Hillary apologize for the deplorables comment but everytime you use her deplorable comment and I point out she apologize you dismiss it? Didn't Schumer apologize recently.

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert received cheers and applause when quipped that she prays for President Joe Biden's demise while speaking at a Christian event.

Boebert made the comments during a weekend event called the Family Camp Meeting at Charis Christian Center in Colorado Springs, which included a series of pastors and speakers "who have proven God's Word," according to the center's website.

"I do want you to know that I pray for our President. Psalm 109:8 says, 'May his days be few and another take his office.' Hallelujah! Glory to God," Boebert said with a laugh as the crowd clapped and cheered.

Theses scumbags did the same thing before they just was rinse and repeat their hate

Psalms 109:8 says, 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office. ' The citation is being passed around the Internet as a rallying cry against President Obama. In 2008

And before Jim tells us we can’t take a joke.

the verse immediately following the psalm referenced is a bit more ominous: “Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.”
Old 06-13-2022, 07:18 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

Boebert, Marjorie Greene and Madison Cawthorn are deranged and should
get voted out.

On MSNBC this week, Joy Reid show said that Ron Desantis was “the new Geand Wizard of the GOP.”

I’m fine with calls for a return to civility, but not if only the right is expected to do it.

I wish someone would tell me what “political whirlwind” Chuck Schumer meant Kavanaugh and Gorsuch would face, since they aren’t politicians and are appointed for life.

PS after her self serving apology, Hilarybhas called the gop white supremacist many many times, so that kind of casts doubt on the sincerity of her apology.

The left has just about zero policy successes to point to. So they’ve gone all-in on demonizing the right. Not a new tactic for them. .
Old 06-13-2022, 07:24 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Theses scumbags did the same thing before they just was rinse and repeat their hate

Psalms 109:8 says, 'Let his days be few; and let another take his office. ' The citation is being passed around the Internet as a rallying cry against President Obama. In 2008

And before Jim tells us we can’t take a joke.

the verse immediately following the psalm referenced is a bit more ominous: “Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.”
so you’re opposed to politicians making threats. Yet you defended Chuck Schumer obviously threatening Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

for the 5th time, what do you suppose Schumer meant, when re free trying to judges who are appointed for life? he couldn’t have meant they’d lose the next election, because they aren’t elected.

So either schumer was threatening them, or he meant something else which you refuse to specify.

Fact- you’re ok with threats of violence from your side, because everything is ok when the left does it.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:11 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so you’re opposed to politicians making threats. Yet you defended Chuck Schumer obviously threatening Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

for the 5th time, what do you suppose Schumer meant, when re free trying to judges who are appointed for life? he couldn’t have meant they’d lose the next election, because they aren’t elected.

So either schumer was threatening them, or he meant something else which you refuse to specify.

Fact- you’re ok with threats of violence from your side, because everything is ok when the left does it.

The false equivalences king speaks

Jim you haven’t learned have you. Most here to include myself only comment on your posts because your an outraged partisan 24x7 nonsense and faux outrage

Then when you get pushback on your silence of Republican comments and threats you twist democrats words into threats and hidden messages where no normal person sees a threat, or what you suggest was said

Schumer had previously retracted his comments saying from the Senate floor that he "should not have used the words [he] used" the day before.

"They didn't come out the way I intended to," the senator said in 2020. "My point was that there would be political consequences—political consequences—for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman's right to choose."

You go back to your corner and keep banging your tired drum ..

You referred to the arrest of the guy who called the cops on himself

It was an assignation attempt
And you attached it to Chucks comments from 2020

The perp never mentioned chucks comments as his motivation

But Trump on the other hand had much influence with what happened on Jan6th multiple videos of people claiming they came to DC because Trump was their motivation he asked them…

But you’ll insist Trump incited nothing like a good conservative parrot
Old 06-13-2022, 02:20 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
The false equivalences king speaks

Jim you haven’t learned have you. Most here to include myself only comment on your posts because your an outraged partisan 24x7 nonsense and faux outrage

Then when you get pushback on your silence of Republican comments and threats you twist democrats words into threats and hidden messages where no normal person sees a threat, or what you suggest was said

Schumer had previously retracted his comments saying from the Senate floor that he "should not have used the words [he] used" the day before.

"They didn't come out the way I intended to," the senator said in 2020. "My point was that there would be political consequences—political consequences—for President Trump and Senate Republicans if the Supreme Court, with the newly confirmed justices, stripped away a woman's right to choose."

You go back to your corner and keep banging your tired drum ..

You referred to the arrest of the guy who called the cops on himself

It was an assignation attempt
And you attached it to Chucks comments from 2020

The perp never mentioned chucks comments as his motivation

But Trump on the other hand had much influence with what happened on Jan6th multiple videos of people claiming they came to DC because Trump was their motivation he asked them…

But you’ll insist Trump incited nothing like a good conservative parrot
i never said Schumer didn’t apologize

You said Schumer was referring to a political price they’d pay.

I asked what political
price they could pay, since they’re appointed for life.

I asked 6 times. You won’t answer, because you can’t. we get it.

schumer specifically called out gorsuch and kavanaugh. they aren’t politicians.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-13-2022 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-14-2022, 04:21 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Schumer had previously retracted his comments, saying from the Senate floor that he "should not have used the words [he] used" the day before.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:36 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Schumer had previously retracted his comments, saying from the Senate floor that he "should not have used the words [he] used" the day before.

he retracted it, after he said not to applause. Big whoop.

when republicans apologize, do you similarly forget the whole thing? I’d like to see that.

I never said he didn’t apologize. They always apologize after it blows up in their face.

I get you won’t like it if SCOTUS overturns Roe. But why is it legally erroneous to overturn it? your side rarely discusses that. Just because you don’t like the decision, doesn’t make it constitutionally wrong, and that’s literally all that matters to a judge.

Legislatures decide things based on what their constituents want. That doesn’t matter at all to a good judge, whose o my guide should be the constitution.

Even Ruth Bader Ginsuburg said the Roe decision had some
flaws. she didn’t want it overturned, but she said they were wrong in some places.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:28 AM   #17
PaulS

Shocked at the amount of Rs who are now apologizing for the lies they spread only to come clean under oath.
Old 06-15-2022, 03:49 PM   #18
wdmso

Pro-Trump candidates, many of whom are spouting his election lies, are cropping up everywhere.
Trumpism and, to an extent, those lies — or at least flirting with the possibility that there was widespread election fraud in 2020, even though there wasn't — are quickly becoming the standard way of thinking and talking among conservatives.

I guess they don't intend to apologize for lying anytime soon
Old 06-20-2022, 05:04 PM   #19
PaulS

Eric Greitens, a Republican candidate for the United States Senate in Missouri, released a violent new political advertisement on Monday showing himself racking a shotgun and accompanying a team of men armed with assault rifles as they stormed — SWAT team-style — into a home in search of “RINOs,” or Republicans in name only.

“Join the MAGA crew,” Mr. Greitens, a former Navy SEAL, declares in the ad. “Get a RINO hunting permit. There’s no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn’t expire until we save our country.”
Old 06-21-2022, 08:21 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

The whole Texas GOP platform is insane but the piece that jumped out to me was the endorsement of a state-level electoral college, eliminating one person-one vote in favor of a system they could gerrymander so that the votes of white rural Republicans will count more.
This is not the first time this has come up. Not long ago a Colorado GOP governor candidate offered such a plan; an analysis found it would give 2,000 voters in three rural counties twice as many electoral votes as 761,000 voters in three urban counties.
This is a road test: Does the base like this? How much blowback does it get? Based on the results, more and more Republicans will probably start advocating the same thing in their states.
The GOP is now in a stage of radical experimentation. They're feeling so empowered that they're throwing around ideas that two years ago they'd never have spoken aloud because they're so radical. Now there are literally no limits.
Eliminating democracy is THE KEY to every other ideological goal. If you can engineer the system so you always have power no matter what, the voters can't stop you and all your darkest fantasies can be realized.
They're still figuring out the shape of this new program; calling it 21st century fascism isn't totally inaccurate, but we may need a new word to describe it. Either way, it's impossible to overstate how dangerous it is.
This is nothing new. The same people (Dems then, Repubs now) reacted to black people getting the vote by changing the rules to dilute black voting power.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:35 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
Eric Greitens, a Republican candidate for the United States Senate in Missouri, released a violent new political advertisement on Monday showing himself racking a shotgun and accompanying a team of men armed with assault rifles as they stormed — SWAT team-style — into a home in search of “RINOs,” or Republicans in name only.

“Join the MAGA crew,” Mr. Greitens, a former Navy SEAL, declares in the ad. “Get a RINO hunting permit. There’s no bagging limit, no tagging limit, and it doesn’t expire until we save our country.”
He’s a Republican it’s just hyperbole
Old 06-21-2022, 05:19 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

“Vote for me or we’ll shoot” is apparently the current GOP party line
Old 06-22-2022, 11:58 AM   #23
wdmso

On the door of a Maine Insurance company I think we know how they voted .. another example of freedom for me and not for thee

Funny their so upset but they took the day off anyway

FYI it’s been verified as authentic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A835D194-B034-40FE-A514-936F3974B958.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	68977