Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #301
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the gop
wants to be in power, but they then use that power to have less federal government control.

politics 101.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Elon Musk exposed his penis to a SpaceX flight attendant, asked her for sex, and then paid her $250,000 in hush money.

I guess he really is a Republican.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-20-2022, 07:40 PM   #302
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Elon Musk exposed his penis to a SpaceX flight attendant, asked her for sex, and then paid her $250,000 in hush money.

Republicans are generous. She had a good day.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:12 PM   #303
Jim in CT

Quote:

again, that’s the rule here? do we believe all women? i using the one who accused biden? or do we only believe the women who accuse republicans?
Old 05-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #304
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
again, that’s the rule here? do we believe all women? i using the one who accused biden? or do we only believe the women who accuse republicans?
Poor victim

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-21-2022, 09:01 AM   #305
detbuch

Quote:
Poor victim
Well, if it's true, she's a quarter of a million dollars poor.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:24 AM   #306
Pete F.
Canceled

Every feudal lord knows the way to a peasant girl's heart is to buy her a pony. Disney probably makes movies about #^&#^&#^&#^& like that.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #307
detbuch

Quote:
Every feudal lord knows the way to a peasant girl's heart is to buy her a pony. Disney probably makes movies about #^&#^&#^&#^& like that.
Poor victim.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #308
Pete F.
Canceled

Republicans are quietly sensing that things aren't going their way for the midterms.

Trump is like an anchor weighing the party down.

Panic is setting in.

This is good. Weather the storm.
Old 05-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #309
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Poor victim.
great comeback.
Old 05-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #310
Pete F.
Canceled

Very original, what would you expect from someone who repeats every right wing trope
Old 05-21-2022, 01:48 PM   #311
detbuch

Quote:
Very original, what would you expect from someone who repeats every right wing trope
Are you claiming originality for your thoughts? Most of your thoughts are reiterations of left wing talking points and left wing journal or media articles. You mask that by not attributing the source nor even using quotation marks.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:07 AM   #312
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure
Meanwhile since it now appears that John Eastman is unable to save himself, he’s in the process of exposing Trump’s direct involvement in the self-coup.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #313
detbuch

Quote:
Sure
Meanwhile since it now appears that John Eastman is unable to save himself, he’s in the process of exposing Trump’s direct involvement in the self-coup.
Let's hope for your sanity, those possibilities come true.
Old 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #314
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Let's hope for your sanity, those possibilities come true.
My sanity is fine, I’m worried about you and your fellow cult members.

Seeing as the leader of your party, a former president of the United States shared a social media post advocating or predicting civil war in the United States. No biggie.
I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2022, 09:21 PM   #315
detbuch

Quote:
My sanity is fine, I’m worried about you and your fellow cult members.

Will it be fine if Trump escapes all the horrors you wish upon him? And if he gets re-elected? Do you have a name for this cult that you think I belong to?

Seeing as the leader of your party, a former president of the United States shared a social media post advocating or predicting civil war in the United States. No biggie.
I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding
Are you a member of a party? I thought your mission was to get rid of Trump, not to be a member or advocate of a party. Are you a Democrat? Is the Democrat Party your party? Do you support the militant predictions and advocations of leaders of that party like Schumer, Pelosi, Maxine Waters, AOC?

Your "advocating OR predicting" is a bit confusing. Which is it? Both? And does it mean that he wants to and will start a civil war if he gets elected, or will start one if he isn't? Many others have been predicting that we are heading toward a civil war. Even that it has already started, except for the shooting and killing. And that prediction was being made before Trump became President.

Are you conjecturing and insinuating again?
Old 05-23-2022, 03:23 AM   #316
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Are you a member of a party? I thought your mission was to get rid of Trump, not to be a member or advocate of a party. Are you a Democrat? Is the Democrat Party your party? Do you support the militant predictions and advocations of leaders of that party like Schumer, Pelosi, Maxine Waters, AOC?

Your "advocating OR predicting" is a bit confusing. Which is it? Both? And does it mean that he wants to and will start a civil war if he gets elected, or will start one if he isn't? Many others have been predicting that we are heading toward a civil war. Even that it has already started, except for the shooting and killing. And that prediction was being made before Trump became President.

Are you conjecturing and insinuating again?
There is no greater indicator of the GOP's threat to democracy than the fact that they are currently holding CPAC in the autocratic nation of Hungary with Viktor Orbán.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #317
detbuch

Quote:
There is no greater indicator of the GOP's threat to democracy than the fact that they are currently holding CPAC in the autocratic nation of Hungary with Viktor Orbán.
This is baseless conspiracy theory. Typical Pete say so conjecture and non-responsive to the post he was supposedly responding to. More propaganda than dialog. But that's how Pete rolls.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:02 AM   #318
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This is baseless conspiracy theory. Typical Pete say so conjecture and non-responsive to the post he was supposedly responding to. More propaganda than dialog. But that's how Pete rolls.
“A notorious Hungarian racist who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’, referred to Roma people as ‘animals’ and used racial epithets to describe Black people, was a featured speaker at a major gathering of US Republicans in Budapest.”

Of course CPAC found CPAC a rabbi to appear on its stage as well as Jack Posobiec, a far-right US blogger who has used antisemitic symbols and the pro-Orbán pundit who used the phrase “stinking excrement” to refer to Jews.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-23-2022, 04:19 PM   #319
detbuch

Quote:
“A notorious Hungarian racist who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’, referred to Roma people as ‘animals’ and used racial epithets to describe Black people, was a featured speaker at a major gathering of US Republicans in Budapest.”

Nice . . . quote from the far left rag "The Guardian" to set the tone of your propaganda. What did the racist say at the conference, did he advocate racist, anti-semite policies there? Did any of the speakers do that there?

Of course CPAC found CPAC a rabbi to appear on its stage

Nice . . . they "found" a rabbi . . . and what did he say? Did he praise Orbans supposedly "anti-semitic" policies?
Is this supposed to imply that Republicans, Trump, et al. are anti-semite? As well as the rabbi, there were representatives from Israel there. Typical smearing insinuation.

as well as Jack Posobiec, a far-right US blogger who has used antisemitic symbols and the pro-Orbán pundit who used the phrase “stinking excrement” to refer to Jews.
Nice . . . "far right . . . racist . . . anti-semite" . . . CPAC at the Reichstag! No doubt they were flying swastika flags and saluting the coming of the new Hitler . . .so you artfully select to imply it to be so. And omit what was mainly actually said there. Typical propaganda trick.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:45 PM   #320
Pete F.
Canceled

So the Guardian is far left, Orban is a centrist who allows a free press and doesn’t claim that what the USA needs is a Christian theocracy.

“This corner of Europe will regain the colors it had before communism,” Orban said in the video.
Before communism, Hungary was ruled for 24 years by a revanchist nationalist government — the country’s first stable regime since the First World War — which allied with the Nazis in World War II and was responsible for the deaths of nearly 500,000 Jewish citizens in the Holocaust. Orban has previously referred to Miklos Horthy, primary leader of the Hungarian state during this period, as an “exceptional leader.”

Hungary is a one-party, right-wing state where the ruling ideology encourages racial hatred of minorities (Jews and the Roma). And that is where American conservatives decided to have a party.

And how dare any news provider report on it, they must be far left claim the fascists.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:09 PM   #321
detbuch

Quote:
So the Guardian is far left,

Yes.

Orban is a centrist

No.

who allows a free press

The American press has not been so free lately with the suppression and outright censoring of conservative speech and prevention of important political stories being disseminated.

Even you, Pete, have advocated for showing no tolerance for "conservative" speech because it inevitably leads to tyranny. You sound a lot like your portrayal of Orban.

and doesn’t claim that what the USA needs is a Christian theocracy.

Does he claim that? So what? You believe that "conservatives" or Republicans are his lackeys and will do whatever he suggests? Hungary is not a Christian theocracy.

“This corner of Europe will regain the colors it had before communism,” Orban said in the video.
Before communism, Hungary was ruled for 24 years

Hungary had a thousand years of history before communism. It had many proud "colors" before communism. Much of it was authoritarian as were the colors of most countries pre communism. My ancestors suffered under some of that Hungarian authoritarianism. But such is the history of the world.

by a revanchist nationalist government — the country’s first stable regime since the First World War — which allied with the Nazis in World War II and was responsible for the deaths of nearly 500,000 Jewish citizens in the Holocaust. Orban has previously referred to Miklos Horthy, primary leader of the Hungarian state during this period, as an “exceptional leader.”

The truth isn't so simple as leftist Rolling Stone tries to deceptively paint it. According to Brittanica "Although he disliked Adolf Hitler, he sympathized with the German dictator’s “crusade against Bolshevism,” and initially acquiesced in Hungary’s adherence to the German side in World War II. His later efforts to extricate Hungary from the war led to his forced abdication and abduction by the Germans in 1944.

Also, in contradiction to your leftist Rolling Stone attempt to paint him as a Jew killer antisemitic NAZI sympathizer, there's this: How “Anti-Semite” Miklos Horthy Saved the Jews of Budapest--https://momentmag.com/horthy-jews-budapest/

The more complex account of Horthy's history shows that he indeed was a very "exceptional leader"--commendably so.

Hungary is a one-party, right-wing state where the ruling ideology encourages racial hatred of minorities (Jews and the Roma). And that is where American conservatives decided to have a party.

Your far left New Republic article from which you quote verbatim without attribution states that "Orbán transformed Hungarian politics and society into a competitive authoritarian state, where free speech is officially permitted and other political parties exist but where, for all intents and purposes, the speech of dissenters is drowned out and the non-Fidesz parties can’t win an election."

Gosh, that sounds a lot like what Democrats would like and are trying to do here.

And the article goes full rabid with " The American right, from Trump to CPAC Jefe Matt Schlapp on down the line, celebrates and seeks to emulate a racist, neofascist anti-democracy. They want to turn the United States into Hungary."

OK . . . so were supposed to give this sort of reportage a claim to being reputable? I don't think so. Not at all.

And how dare any news provider report on it, they must be far left claim the fascists.
And the fascists claim that "conservatives" like Tucker Carlson are far right.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:25 AM   #322
Pete F.
Canceled

Delivering the opening address of the two-day conference on Thursday, Orbán called Hungary “the bastion of conservative Christian values in Europe,” and urged U.S. conservatives to defeat “the dominance of progressive liberals in public life” as he said he had done in Hungary.

“We have to take the institutions back in Washington and Brussels,” Orbán said. “We must find allies in one another and coordinate the movements of our troops.”

The Associated Press and other international news organizations were not granted accreditation to cover the CPAC meeting in Hungary despite making multiple requests over several months.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #323
detbuch

Quote:
Delivering the opening address of the two-day conference on Thursday, Orbán called Hungary “the bastion of conservative Christian values in Europe,” and urged U.S. conservatives to defeat “the dominance of progressive liberals in public life” as he said he had done in Hungary.

I like his suggestion that U.S. "conservatives" should defeat the dominance of progressive liberals in public life. I think that's called "politics." Progressives and Pete F want to defeat any dominance that "conservatives" have in public life--I assume Pete is good with that--but would consider it to be very fascistic if "conservatives defeat the dominance of Progressivism in our public life.

“We have to take the institutions back in Washington and Brussels,” Orbán said. “We must find allies in one another and coordinate the movements of our troops.”

Back from who? Oh, yeah, from Progressives who have taken control of the institutions. Pete probably thinks by "troops" Orban meant actual military, like an armed "insurrection." I'm pretty sure Pete would prefer that the Progressives continue to dominate and control the institutions.

The Associated Press and other international news organizations were not granted accreditation to cover the CPAC meeting in Hungary despite making multiple requests over several months.
Poor victims. Somehow, without them, the conference is being covered and reported on, even by far left rags. The Republicans did persuade Orban to allow CBS to cover it. But too many fake news orgs. would be unseemly.