Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #121
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
because the left wasn’t demonizing the police before Uvalde. Nope.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
https://www.newsmax.com/platinum/sch...23/id/1075701/

School shooting errors damaging cops reputation nationwide

See Jim I live in reality not a bubble of excuses and made up lies that the left is demonizing cops or religion or Trump or Ron . But I am the one with a narrative that’s funny

Seems you only want accountability with those you disagree with not based on the merits of why people or groups should be held accountable .. big difference
Old 06-24-2022, 12:50 PM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

There will be high fives all around at the GOP coke orgies tonight.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:33 PM   #123
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And much complaining about the threats from liberal activist judges.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:09 PM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
https://www.newsmax.com/platinum/sch...23/id/1075701/

School shooting errors damaging cops reputation nationwide

See Jim I live in reality not a bubble of excuses and made up lies that the left is demonizing cops or religion or Trump or Ron . But I am the one with a narrative that’s funny

Seems you only want accountability with those you disagree with not based on the merits of why people or groups should be held accountable .. big difference
yes you live in reality all right. Nothing screams “real world” like a public sector unionized job.

You claim you live in reality, then deny that your side is painting cops as a bunch of racist assassins

Whatever wayne.

You are inadvertently making a spectacular argument for everyone carrying a. gun.

Enjoy what’s coming in November.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
absolutely. been hoping for 50
years. indescribably rejoicing.

although, i’m not sure what the practical effect is. abortion will still be available, just not everywhere.

for all his many many faults, Trump will go down as, by far, the best friend the unborn ever had in the Oval Office.

liberals wanted criminal justice reform for decades. Conservatives wanted Roe overturned for decades. Trump delivered both. Amazing.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:46 PM   #126
wdmso

Quote:
yes you live in reality all right. Nothing screams “real world” like a public sector unionized job.

You claim you live in reality, then deny that your side is painting cops as a bunch of racist assassins

Whatever wayne.

You are inadvertently making a spectacular argument for everyone carrying a. gun.

Enjoy what’s coming in November.
All those cops you claim to love all belong to a public sector unionized job. Like I was Lol

You want my retirement and my benefits do my job until then stop being a child and ps 32 years in law enforcement and 30 years in the military

I only paint those cops as racist assassins. When they are racist and assassins .. and some cops are just that

That’s reality not your TV version of law enforcement

Nothings coming in November Jim the Republicans won’t try to help Americans..

It will be hunter Biden 24x7 feeding the base and you with fantasy’s of owing the libs .

Last edited by wdmso; 06-24-2022 at 03:52 PM..
Old 06-24-2022, 03:50 PM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
You want my retirement and my benefits do my job until then stop being a child and ps 32 years in law enforcement and 30 years in the military

I only paint those cops as racist assassins. When they are racist and assassins .. and some cops are just that

That’s reality not your TV version of law enforcement

All those cops you claim to love all belong to like a public sector unionized job.
i didn’t say your compensation is evil. i said it’s not how the real
world works.
Old 06-24-2022, 05:57 PM   #128
wdmso

Quote:
i didn’t say your compensation is evil. i said it’s not how the real
world works.
Do you hear yourself because you don’t see the benefits of being in a union . It equals not how the real world works ! Sorry can’t follow that logic.

Blame Republicans for your real world they have been attacking unions heath care and the American workers for decades . For corporate donations and profits . And rural Americans have bought into the lie and still do aka Trump who told them just what they want to believe their situation was caused by democrats. When in reality their the ones who sent the jobs overseas and abandoned the working class

Last edited by wdmso; 06-24-2022 at 06:05 PM..
Old 06-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
Do you hear yourself because you don’t see the benefits of being in a union . It equals not how the real world works ! Sorry can’t follow that logic.

Blame Republicans for your real world they have been attacking unions heath care and the American workers for decades . For corporate donations and profits . And rural Americans have bought into the lie and still do aka Trump who told them just what they want to believe their situation was caused by democrats. When in reality their the ones who sent the jobs overseas and abandoned the working class
confiscating money from
your customers through force of law, isn’t the real world works. especially when that money is confiscated by democrat politicians who your union gave huge $$ to.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:20 PM   #130
Pete F.
Canceled

And you think the insurance industry has not set things up so they are indispensable and can charge whatever they want?
That people are not required to buy their product?
That they don’t find anyway possible to not pay claims?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:29 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
And you think the insurance industry has not set things up so they are indispensable and can charge whatever they want?
That people are not required to buy their product?
That they don’t find anyway possible to not pay claims?
insurance companies don’t take one cent from customers, which the customer doesn’t choose to give them. competition. free market. Real world.

make that wrong.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:02 PM   #132
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
insurance companies don’t take one cent from customers, which the customer doesn’t choose to give them. competition. free market. Real world.

make that wrong.
Are you telling me workmens compensation, proof of vehicle insurance, bonding for contractors, etc are not required by legislation?
Who lobbied for that coverage?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-24-2022, 07:09 PM   #133
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are you telling me workmens compensation, proof of vehicle insurance, bonding for contractors, etc are not required by legislation?
Who lobbied for that coverage?
i’m telling you MY insurance company cannot take a penny of yours, which you dont freely choose to give to them.

you may have to buy insurance, but not from any one company. each company has to make its customers want to hand over their money. That’s very different from deducting it directly from everyone’s paycheck. Couldn’t be more different.

Make. That. Wrong.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:26 PM   #134
wdmso

Quote:
confiscating money from
your customers through force of law, isn’t the real world works. especially when that money is confiscated by democrat politicians who your union gave huge $$ to.

Jim it’s called an agency fee only losers and Republicans want union pay and benefit with out paying for the representation and bargaining that got them the benefit

Your not required to be a union member but are required to pay for the service .

But I understand the truth doesn’t matter but the lie does
Old 06-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim it’s called an agency fee only losers and Republicans want union pay and benefit with out paying for the representation and bargaining that got them the benefit

Your not required to be a union member but are required to pay for the service .

But I understand the truth doesn’t matter but the lie does
i was a teacher and i was required to join the union and
pay dues.

that’s another way it’s not the real world. why should i have to join a political
organization if i want to serve the public?

we’re way off topic. and i deeply respect and appreciate corrections staff.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:07 PM   #136
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’m telling you MY insurance company cannot take a penny of yours, which you dont freely choose to give to them.

you may have to buy insurance, but not from any one company. each company has to make its customers want to hand over their money. That’s very different from deducting it directly from everyone’s paycheck. Couldn’t be more different.

Make. That. Wrong.
Who lobbied to make coverage required?
Seen any new startups in insurance?
Everyone I know in the insurance industry does pretty well, of course compensation helps to justify the profit since it is cost based.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-24-2022, 08:16 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who lobbied to make coverage required?
Seen any new startups in insurance?
Everyone I know in the insurance industry does pretty well, of course compensation helps to justify the profit since it is cost based.
if you’re talking about health insurance, democrats lobbied to make it mandatory.

All kinds of new startups! it’s constant. there’s tons of competition. So no clue what you’re referring to.

given your complete ignorance of how the industry works, we’re skeptical of how many pals
you have in it.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:48 PM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if you’re talking about health insurance, democrats lobbied to make it mandatory.

All kinds of new startups! it’s constant. there’s tons of competition. So no clue what you’re referring to.

given your complete ignorance of how the industry works, we’re skeptical of how many pals
you have in it.
Got a mouse in your pocket?

Health insurance isn’t mandatory yet, is it?

New carriers other than Insurtechs?
Or rebranded acquisitions?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-24-2022, 09:00 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
Got a mouse in your pocket?

Health insurance isn’t mandatory yet, is it?

New carriers other than Insurtechs?
Or rebranded acquisitions?
yes it’s mandatory. you pay a fine if you don’t have it.

Why don’t insure techs count as new entrants?
Old 06-24-2022, 09:09 PM   #140
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yes it’s mandatory. you pay a fine if you don’t have it.

Why don’t insure techs count as new entrants?
The Mandate ended in 2018.

Hopefully the insuretechs will reduce the waste in traditional insurance carriers.

Seen a new traditional carrier?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-24-2022, 09:15 PM   #141
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Mandate ended in 2018.

Hopefully the insuretechs will reduce the waste in traditional insurance carriers.

Seen a new traditional carrier?
i still have to provide proof of health insurance with my tax return to avoid paying a penalty.

why is a company that’s high tech, not a new entrant?

in the products i support, AIG and Coverys are now writing policies starting in 2022. they are new carriers and are traditional.

might not see many new entrants now during the recession.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:53 PM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

AIG started in 1919
Coverys isn’t quite that old but hardly a startup
Old 06-25-2022, 07:27 AM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
AIG started in 1919
Coverys isn’t quite that old but hardly a startup
AIG can be a new entrant for insurance products they don’t currently sell. not every company sells every product.

you mean startups? all kinds of startups, mostly lean and high tech as you mentioned, and as you dismissed without stating why.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:20 AM   #144
wdmso

Quote:
confiscating money from
Jim you support stealing and receiving pay and benefits with out paying for those

A union is like a car wash you pay to get your car washed . But in your example it a crime to demand a form of payment for services only if it’s a Union and not wanting to pay for that service in your eyes isn’t stealing it’s freedom LOL

In Abood v. Detroit Board of Education, 431 U.S. 209 (1977), the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that no violation of the First and 14th Amendments existed in an arrangement under which nonunion government employees represented by a union had to pay a service fee equal in amount to union fees as a condition of their employment.

But On June 27, 2018, the United States Supreme Court ruled that mandated payment of so-called “agency fees” by non-union members in the public sector violated First Amendment principles protecting freedom of speech and association

By the same crowd who just overturned roe.

Majority: Alito, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Gorsuch

Wow another example of claiming the above unanimous decision was wrong .. and over turning precedents so the conservatives plan is to flood the SC with past cases they don’t like . Till they get sympthic judges like the have and hope
The Justices use the "Rule of Four” And get their case before the court

Now I know how the football coach prayer case made it .
Old 06-25-2022, 09:39 AM   #145
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you support stealing and receiving pay and benefits with out paying for those

A union is like a car wash you pay to get your car washed . But in your example it a crime to demand a form of payment for services only if it’s a Union and not wanting to pay for that service in your eyes isn’t stealing it’s freedom LOL

In Abood v. Detroit Board of Education, 431 U.S. 209 (1977), the Supreme Court unanimously ruled that no violation of the First and 14th Amendments existed in an arrangement under which nonunion government employees represented by a union had to pay a service fee equal in amount to union fees as a condition of their employment.

But On June 27, 2018, the United States Supreme Court ruled that mandated payment of so-called “agency fees” by non-union members in the public sector violated First Amendment principles protecting freedom of speech and association

By the same crowd who just overturned roe.

Majority: Alito, joined by Roberts, Kennedy, Thomas, Gorsuch

Wow another example of claiming the above unanimous decision was wrong .. and over turning precedents so the conservatives plan is to flood the SC with past cases they don’t like . Till they get sympthic judges like the have and hope
The Justices use the "Rule of Four” And get their case before the court

Now I know how the football coach prayer case made it .
who do i support stealing from? you’re hearing a lot of voices in your head today wayne.

it’s a lot easier for you to respond to gibberish that i never said.

I don’t expect anything for free. but i recognize that the way the “real world” works, is accepting choice and competition. Public sector u jobs dont want that, they want a government mandates monopoly, that way they don’t have to be forced to try as hard as they have to try if there was competition.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:43 PM   #146
wdmso

Quote:
who do i support stealing from? you’re hearing a lot of voices in your head today wayne.

it’s a lot easier for you to respond to gibberish that i never said.

I don’t expect anything for free. but i recognize that the way the “real world” works, is accepting choice and competition. Public sector u jobs dont want that, they want a government mandates monopoly, that way they don’t have to be forced to try as hard as they have to try if there was competition.

Your upset that if people are required to pay a fee for union bargaining for pay and benefits you considered that idea wrong,

So the logical view is you support people getting Aka stealing a benefit they want but are unwilling to pay for .

Or simply stealing?
How is it anything else