Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-08-2021, 11:51 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There is a sort of insanity to what is being done to make it difficult for "right wingers" to publicly speak their version. Check out the first twenty minutes of this video:

Alternate facts are a buuuuuuitch
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:24 AM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Alternate facts are a buuuuuuitch
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How do you resolve the difference between alternate facts? Separate? Or find a common ground? I don't see the common ground between the Progressive agenda and the constitutional order. It's been a discussion I have tried to start. No one seems to want to participate. Do you?
Old 01-09-2021, 03:20 AM   #3
scottw

got this from my kid's high school superintendent...

"tips on how to talk to your child about what happened in Washington"

You can also use this as a teachable moment to help older kids and teens develop critical-thinking and media literacy skills as they witness this historic moment.

The differences between how pro-Trump protestors and how Black and Brown protestors are treated by police and described in the media can exacerbate feelings of inequality. It's important to acknowledge these triggers and give everyone the space they need to express their feelings.

Which words are journalists or social media influencers using to talk about the situation or the people involved? Do you think they would use different words if the rioters were Black, Latinx, or Muslim?

How was the police response and the news coverage different from the Black Lives Matter protests?

What differences do you see in the way the media is talking about the situation compared to the Black Lives Matter protests? Do they use different words to refer to this event and the people involved?

I don't remember the superintendent sending any letters out over the last year tell us how to talk(what to think) to our kids about the violence and destruction going on around the country by leftist groups...and there was plenty of material there.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	136109336_4849271231810706_1731243168349317082_n.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	67608  

Last edited by scottw; 01-09-2021 at 03:45 AM..
Old 01-09-2021, 03:36 AM   #4
scottw

UMass Memorial employee who 'may have been involved' in violence at Capitol loses job

UMass Memorial Health Care said an employee who "may have been involved" in the violence in Washington on Wednesday is no "longer part of our organization."

The hospital released a statement Friday via Twitter, saying they learned one their employees could have been involved in the violence at the Capitol.

wow...if they weren't do they get their job back?

Last edited by scottw; 01-09-2021 at 03:44 AM..
Old 01-09-2021, 07:20 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
UMass Memorial employee who 'may have been involved' in violence at Capitol loses job

UMass Memorial Health Care said an employee who "may have been involved" in the violence in Washington on Wednesday is no "longer part of our organization."

The hospital released a statement Friday via Twitter, saying they learned one their employees could have been involved in the violence at the Capitol.

wow...if they weren't do they get their job back?
If they don’t have proof that person acted criminally, then that’s a dumb move and likely grounds for legal action.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:33 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Traitors View Post

If they don’t have proof that person acted criminally, then that’s a dumb move and likely grounds for legal action.
wait....I've barely left my house for the last week because I've had a lot of work to do...I've never voted for trump, never been to a trump rally and don't really like him just think he's better than bidenpeolsischumer....

but you told me I'm a "traitor by association"....

"Your guy is a traitor attempting a coup, you by association are the same" signed Got Stripers

Last edited by scottw; 01-10-2021 at 02:57 AM..