Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The apprentice lives.

You want more resources to investigate the Russian connection, your fired and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:36 AM   #2
wdmso

1st you fire Comey who was point on the Russian investigation who happen to just ask for more money?? The administration then says it was about Clinton emails were handled then Trump puts out a letter thanking Comey for telling him on multiple occasions He (Trump) wasn't the target of the investigation. (proper conversation?) with the recommendation of AG session (who recused himself fromRussian investigations) except here? then meets with the Russians (pre planned i am sure) but allows no American press in the room ??

we'll be told theirs nothing to see move along ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...hip-with-comey
Old 05-11-2017, 04:40 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
1st you fire Comey who was point on the Russian investigation who happen to just ask for more money?? The administration then says it was about Clinton emails were handled then Trump puts out a letter thanking Comey for telling him on multiple occasions He (Trump) wasn't the target of the investigation. (proper conversation?) with the recommendation of AG session (who recused himself fromRussian investigations) except here? then meets with the Russians (pre planned i am sure) but allows no American press in the room ??

yup...lots of irony...and comedy...there
Old 05-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

The decision to dump him was at least partly inspired by a memo written by the Deputy Attorney General, who was appointed by a right wing nut named Obama to be a US attorney. This man wrote a memo outlining why he thought Comey should have been fired.

When Comey announced he was re-opening the Hilary email scandal, everyone to the left of center demanded he be fired. Life is a funny old dog.

That said, it was a stupid time to fire him, the optics are awful.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #5
buckman

Long time coming . Bottom line , he wasn't very good at his job .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
PaulS

Our President seems to be having a breakdown. Maybe we can discuss a whiney liberal college student.

President Trump on Friday warned James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director he fired this week, against leaking anything negative about the president and warned the news media that he may cancel all future White House briefings.

In a series of early-morning Twitter posts, Mr. Trump even seemed to suggest that there may be secret tapes of his conversations with Mr. Comey that could be used to counter the former F.B.I. director if necessary. It was not immediately clear whether he meant that literally or simply hoped to intimidate Mr. Comey into silence.

“James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.

Mr. Trump appeared agitated over news reports on Friday that focused on contradictory accounts of his decision to fire Mr. Comey at the same time the F.B.I. is investigating ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #7
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Our President seems to be having a breakdown. Maybe we can discuss a whiney liberal college student.

President Trump on Friday warned James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director he fired this week, against leaking anything negative about the president and warned the news media that he may cancel all future White House briefings.

In a series of early-morning Twitter posts, Mr. Trump even seemed to suggest that there may be secret tapes of his conversations with Mr. Comey that could be used to counter the former F.B.I. director if necessary. It was not immediately clear whether he meant that literally or simply hoped to intimidate Mr. Comey into silence.

“James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.

Mr. Trump appeared agitated over news reports on Friday that focused on contradictory accounts of his decision to fire Mr. Comey at the same time the F.B.I. is investigating ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
A good offense is the best defense
Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You want more resources to investigate the Russian connection, your fired and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I suggest you read this, it's not fake

http://100percentfedup.com/furious-f...rch-the-house/

He explained, “It’s not. People inside the bureau are furious. They are embarrassed. They feel like they are being led by a hack but more than that that they think he’s a crook. They think he’s fundamentally dishonest. They have no confidence in him. The bureau inside right now is a mess.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/ex..._medium=Social

remember Comey worked on the Clinton scandal, I think he didn't want to be a victim of Arkancide

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I suggest you read this, it's not fake

http://100percentfedup.com/furious-f...rch-the-house/

He explained, “It’s not. People inside the bureau are furious. They are embarrassed. They feel like they are being led by a hack but more than that that they think he’s a crook. They think he’s fundamentally dishonest. They have no confidence in him. The bureau inside right now is a mess.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/ex..._medium=Social

remember Comey worked on the Clinton scandal, I think he didn't want to be a victim of Arkancide
I'll take the word of the acting FBI director in at a Hearing over the Daily caller or 100percentfedup.comActing

FBI Director: 'Not Accurate' to Say Comey Lost Support of Rank and File

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/1...-rank-and-file

“His support within the rank and file of the FBI is overwhelming,” said Thomas O'Connor, a working FBI special agent who is president of the FBI Agents Association.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #10
PaulS

That is the but but Clinton defense. The acting head said the agents all back Comey.

Doesn't seem to bother the Repub. that anyone who tells Pres. Trump anything he doesn't want to hear about possible ties to Russia gets fired.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #11
Nebe

What a joke Washington DC has become.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
What a joke Washington DC has become.

yep pretty much

they don't want us all to have a lack of confidence in them because of their ineptness so they hide the truth from us, nothing to see here move along.

you are all going to believe whatever you want to believe, it doesn't matter who says what

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #13
wdmso

Seems to be a constant Theme from the white house

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...-boss-in-tweet
Old 05-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #14
PaulS

Definition of apprentice - an inexperienced person

So if the apprentice shows absolutely no aptitude for the job, what do you do?
Old 05-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #15
wdmso

His people say no then he say yes....Trump defends 'absolute right' to share 'facts' with Russia

and the show continues

dont forget about the several reason about firing Comey ..

went from hillary to doing a bad job to President Donald Trump has said he was thinking of "this Russia thing" when he decided to fire FBI Director James Comey

Remember the outrage over benghazi saying it was because a video tape ... now Trump cant or his people cant even keep a reason straight open lie and its crickets
Old 05-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Better go deeper cover now the the Donald might have blown yours. Diplomacy clearly isn't his strong suit and our allies are probably not sleeping well.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #17
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Better go deeper cover now the the Donald might have blown yours. Diplomacy clearly isn't his strong suit and our allies are probably not sleeping well.
Now your concerned about classified information ?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:47 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Now your concerned about classified information ?

and now your not
Old 05-17-2017, 03:59 AM   #19
wdmso

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...stigation.html

More not to see i guess
Old 05-17-2017, 04:48 AM   #20
scottw

Trump lies about everything so whatever he told or disclosed to the Russians was probably a lie or false particularly since we know he doesn't attend intelligence briefings...I wouldn't worry about it...now on the multiple times that Obama and his administration disclosed in a similar fashion...there's probably need for concern because all of those people were brilliant and therefore the classified information was most surely accurate...they were aways right on top of things
Old 05-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #21
buckman

Quote:
and now your not
Not when the source is the NYT .
I'm more concerned about the swamp trying to overthrow an election
Old 05-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Do you think if I sent a wheel of cheese to the white house it would get to Donald, I really think he needs a good aged cheese to go with his wine?
Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #23
PaulS

releasing classified info. and all we see are snarky comments. Where is the Repub. party of old?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #24
PaulS

Just saw this paragraph and yet this forum is silent.

Just think about that picture of Trump laughing it up with Russia’s foreign minister in the Oval Office, a foreign minister who covered up Syria’s use of poison gas. Trump reportedly shared with him sensitive intelligence on ISIS, and Trump refused to allow any U.S. press in the room. The picture came from Russia’s official photographer. In our White House! It’s nauseating. And the G.O.P. is still largely mute. If Hillary had done that, they would have shut down the government.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #25
scottw

Old 05-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #26
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just saw this paragraph and yet this forum is silent.

Just think about that picture of Trump laughing it up with Russia’s foreign minister in the Oval Office, a foreign minister who covered up Syria’s use of poison gas. Trump reportedly shared with him sensitive intelligence on ISIS, and Trump refused to allow any U.S. press in the room. The picture came from Russia’s official photographer. In our White House! It’s nauseating. And the G.O.P. is still largely mute. If Hillary had done that, they would have shut down the government.
That is exactly what the left is doing, effectively shutting down government because the left media and liberals in Washington can't allow a president who they lost to function. The more Trump comments, the madder they get.

I can't control any of that so I go about my business
I am not sure what good it does commenting on a fishing forum

Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
That is exactly what the left is doing, effectively shutting down government because the left media and liberals in Washington can't allow a president who they lost to function. The more Trump comments, the madder they get.
So it has nothing to do with the President's (and his staff) serial lying, firing the FBI director who was investigating the potential collusion of him and the Russians, or a host of a dozen other things? And why are there a few Repubs. who are commenting on the disfunction of this admin? So it is all just politics?
I can't control any of that so I go about my business
I am not sure what good it does commenting on a fishing forum
But you have commented before here so why the sudden feeling that commenting is useless? And not so much you but there were others who commented here each and EVERY day on the smallest details when Pres. Obama was President. Oddly, they haven't said a word.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #28
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I am torn between the actual foolishness he does and will do, the foolishness of the left fighting the "Fascists", and the foolishness we avoided by not getting HRC.

We get what we deserve. Hope the Republic survives.

Last edited by JohnR; 05-17-2017 at 03:17 PM..

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #29
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It's not sudden
It's always been useless
I won't regurgitate Fox News' points and I won't listen to CNN , MSNBC , ABC new your times or the Post

I just hope for the best
And currently the one in the drivers seat for which way this country goes is a lot closer to my philosophy than the last driver.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #30
detbuch

So far Trump has not trampled all over the Constitution the way the Progressives have done and will continue to do.

Some of us have pointed out to the Democrat voters who not only did not object to, nor vote against those in their party of choice when it was in the process of destroying our constitutional foundation, when it was in the process of replacing rule of law by rule of man or, more accurately, rule of whim and personal opinion, but actually encouraged that process, that the time would come when such rule would bite us all in the but, including those who supported the fundamental transformation of this country. You're getting a taste of that now. There might be more to come.

Trump is no more of a dictator than FDR or LBJ or even Obama. He is probably less so then they. He has pretty much followed the law. When the Court has struck down his actions, he has obeyed its verdict.

He is nominating judges who are more likely to judge in accordance to law rather than some nebulous personal notion of social justice.

He has reversed several presidential executive orders that restricted individual freedom and gave undo power to the Federal Government--returning that power back to the states and the people.

He is more actively taking the fight to ISIS. He is working against illegal immigration. He has restored some of the supposedly inviolable freedom of religion that Progressives had curtailed.

He is attempting to loosen the stranglehold with which the Progressives were choking the economy.

And so forth.

I have said that the Progressive left started its war on Trump from day one and would do all out and relentless war against him. And that includes the Progressives in the Republican Party. All that he is attempting to do is anathema to the left. Democrats have gone so far to the ridiculous left that they are losing popularity. The Progressives cannot afford to allow any "conservative" or constitutional attempts to take hold. So they are frenetically trying to pin some impeachable offense on him, hope it takes hold, and bring him down.

At this point, there is no proof of any such offense. But the piling on, the constant insinuation and innuendo is intended, if not to remove him form office, at least to weaken him to the point of being ineffective and an albatross around the neck of their opposition in the next election.

I hope he keeps nominating constitutionalist judges to the Supreme Court and its appellate Courts. And that he continues his efforts to devolve power from the Federal Government back to the states. And that he and his Congress can get the Federal Government's deep claws out of health care, the economy, and our personal pockets. A revamp of the taxing system would be great. But probably too much to ask for.

In the meantime, y'all can keep having fun with the daily revelations of possible Trump collusions