Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #151
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
What a bunch of idiots. The entire show is an embarrassment to all fishermen. It confirms that most commercial fishermen act like a bunch of fools and are not very smart. If this is the class of people fishing out there...they should shut the industry completely down on that basis alone.

I can't watch it, it annoys the $hit out of me. I hope I never see any of them on the water.
Mr. Sandman....do not judge all fishermen because of a few. Apparently the business that U R in does not use the F word..... in todays world it is one of the most common used words...some fishermen R educated...some probably more then U R....Dave of tuna.com is educated....a very good commercial fishing friend of mine is a graduate of Harvard and there R others....I know of a few lobstermen that have graduated from BU and Boston college. I wonder what some people think of EMT's

Recently at Monte's steak house I had to have the waitdress calm down the table next to ours...four people in dress suits and ties were using the word quite freguently...My brother in law was almost thrown out of my house because he used the F word... very well educated at that.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #152
Typhoon

This is 100% directed and edited by the producers. These guys are not idiots, they don't talk like this in real life. I'm across the dock from Ralph Pratt. Do you ever hear him on the radio sounding like an idiot?

Seas 20-25 feet?
The boat that won't start, yet you can see land in the background.

The reality is that they tried to make a reality show on staring at a balloon for 13 hrs a day. That's reality. It's miserable, it's boring. They haven't shown George's except for the first episode. I saw George's this summer where there was so many boats hooked up at one time, people were practically crashing into each other with fish on the line.

For that first 5 minutes that fish takes off, it's heroin. Trying to replicate that in a 1 hr show is useless, especially inshore tuna fishing, which is essentially lottery fishing.

They also never filmed the part where one of the captains on the show comes up to my buddy on the dock and apologizes for causing a scene. "it was for the show".

My $.03

-Andrew
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #153
Slick Moedee

Typhoon is right on the money

In the last episocde they tried to pass off the Capt of the Tuna Hunter Gary as a "Charter from HI". Show is a complete fabrication with tuna fishing as the back drop.
Slick Moedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #154
Fly Rod

Come June 1st I may be doging people fishing for tuna in Gloucester Harbor...there R some people that think someof them fish were caught in the harbor...normally some boats worry about the striper fleet...now will need to worry about getting by the tuna fleet... there will be plenty of tuna gear bought this year.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #155
JackK
Not Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
Come June 1st I may be doging people fishing for tuna in Gloucester Harbor...there R some people that think someof them fish were caught in the harbor...normally some boats worry about the striper fleet...now will need to worry about getting by the tuna fleet... there will be plenty of tuna gear bought this year.
... And more importantly, sold for cheap this winter
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #156
jasonsnova

Quote:
funny...
i'll be one of them buying tuna gear! lol. i've been thinking about it for a few years and decided to take the plunge....wicked tuna just helps push me over the edge.
agreed tho alot of the show is a bit out there and i'm sure there will be alot more tuna gear for sale next year after all this lol
jasonsnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #157
Typhoon

Saco Bay Tackle has sold 20 130 set ups this last week.

It's going to be a mess.

-Andrew
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #158
fish4striper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
Saco Bay Tackle has sold 20 130 set ups this last week.

It's going to be a mess.
ya more boats out there than you can imagine, thank god I slipped in RI this year.
fish4striper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #159
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsnova View Post
funny...
i'll be one of them buying tuna gear! lol. i've been thinking about it for a few years and decided to take the plunge....wicked tuna just helps push me over the edge.
agreed tho alot of the show is a bit out there and i'm sure there will be alot more tuna gear for sale next year after all this lol
Make sure you keep your regular job.... the old saying is:"If you want to go broke go tuna fishing."
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #160
Circlehook
$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Moedee View Post
In the last episocde they tried to pass off the Capt of the Tuna Hunter Gary as a "Charter from HI". Show is a complete fabrication with tuna fishing as the back drop.
I fished on the Tuna Hunter last year with Gary. I was trying to figure out what the hell the client comment was about. Gary seemed to know more about what was going on than the crew on the boat did.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
Circlehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #161
jasonsnova

Quote:
Make sure you keep your regular job.... the old saying is:"If you want to go broke go tuna fishing."
haha...what you mean? i already quit my job and am gearing up to tuna fish all summer!

jkin.....i'm not delusional about it, i only have a a rec permit. just want to do a little tuna fishing when the cod and striper stuff slows down later in the summer. i'd be happy with 1 150lb'r on the troll....lol
jasonsnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #162
animal

Commercial bft fishing, the most expensive job in the world.
animal is offline   Reply With Quote