Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #31
spence

Well, as you used quotes I assume I said something using that word but search is coming up empty.

As you remember it like it was yesterday, why don't you tell me exactly what I said.

-spence
Old 01-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well, as you used quotes I assume I said something using that word but search is coming up empty.

As you remember it like it was yesterday, why don't you tell me exactly what I said.

-spence
Read my post, I told you what you said. Does that not sound like one of your Marxist utterances?

I believe the context was Obama's shameful winning of the Nobel Peace Prize, for which he was nominated during the first 2 weeks of his presidency. I wondered what Obama had done for world peace that could begin to compare with Bush saving a million lives. You said something to the effct of "while Bush may have made a 'gesture', that doesn't compare to the dizzling perfection and out-of-this-world genius and leg-tingling physical beauty of Obama, who will bring the whole universe together in a group hug."

I papraphrased the second half, but you get the drift.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #33
spence

No, I don't use the word "gesture" very often.

-spence
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #34
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Stop playing the stupid card. It is your MO as you posture your next response. Enough of us here have discussed it and are sick of it. YOU got the point and acknowledged it in your response about giving Putin the middle finger by sending a blatantly gay biased party under the guise of representing the President. The adult content, as you choose to see it is the moral denigration of our fabric as a country, as we have been getting the gay rights shoved down our throats, and into our streets and schools. I find it hard to swallow that this is the platform Obama chooses to represent himself, and the American people, with.

CL put thee Phoenix out of business. That is certainly a feather in CL's cap.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 01-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #35
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
It is an action that I would expect from a high school kid as opposed to our POTUS, sophomoric at best. Think Reagan would have been satisfied with flipping the bird with a gay messenger corps? "Oh, hi. I'm here from the US to annoy you, just a little..." Nothing less than a "tap" and twist where the sun don't shine would have been sent by a great leader, IMO......
So how many world championships and olympic events have you won again?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #36
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The answer is none, dip chit.... Not quite sure what that has to do with it. Being a champion was just one of the qualifications to be considered. To make the short list, there was clearly another determining factor, one which I find outrageous to decide the make up of a group being sent to represent the leader of the country.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #37
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
The answer is none, dip chit.... Not quite sure what that has to do with it. Being a champion was just one of the qualifications to be considered. To make the short list, there was clearly another determining factor, one which I find outrageous to decide the make up of a group being sent to represent the leader of the country.
So who would you suggest exactly?

What should be the determining factor? How much money they have? How many retarded plastic made in china things they've endorsed?
How many crappy piss water beer logos they have on their competition gear?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #38
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
So who would you suggest exactly?

The Mahre brothers, Tamara McKinney, Picabo. All great American winter champions who re-entered mainstream America without being in the tabloids and police reports.
As for factors, I would hope they would at least be American VALUES... I don't know what that list of yours is meant to represent, but it sure as hell isn't me...

What should be the determining factor? How much money they have? How many retarded plastic made in china things they've endorsed?
How many crappy piss water beer logos they have on their competition gear?
...You really want to do this? I have been down a different, but similar road with you before......
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #39
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Its not like the Delegation is made up entirely of Gays. There are 10 people going....3 are gay...and 1 of them came out after being selected (thats the chance you take when selecting a male figure skater )

Of the 3 that are Gay:

Billie Jean King - the fact that she is gay should be moot considering all that she has done for Women and Women's Athletics in this country

Brian Boitano - He was the face of Men's Olympic Figure skating for quite some time and is an Olympic Gold Medalist

Caitlin Cahow - She has 2 Olympic medals in Women's Hockey.

If these 3 weren't gay, would anybody have any problem with them being selected on their own merits?

People should be more upset at the fact that the Media isn't mentioning the other 7 that are going and only fixating on, and making it about, the 3 Gay representatives.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-17-2014, 09:51 AM   #40
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
The Mahre brothers, Tamara McKinney, Picabo. All great American winter champions who re-entered mainstream America without being in the tabloids and police reports.
As for factors, I would hope they would at least be American VALUES... I don't know what that list of yours is meant to represent, but it sure as hell isn't me...
So what exactly are Brian Boitano's values? You seem to be an expert.

Only one of the Mahre brothers took gold.
McKinney never won an olympic medal.
Picabo is a spokesperson for the US Olympic ski team already. (and makes money commentating on the ski events, making money off the olympics! american values!)

So I'm going to guess from your statements, a: you have zero reason to think he's a bad rep other than because he's gay b: you associate being gay with being in a "scandal"?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #41
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
So what exactly are Brian Boitano's values? You seem to be an expert.
Clearly, he's gay, so he must be a deviant.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #42
PaulS

Instead of Boitano they should have picked another male figure skater. How about J.. or b... or...ahh,

nevermind.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #43
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Instead of Boitano they should have picked another male figure skater. How about J.. or b... or...ahh,

nevermind.
Rudy Galindo

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #44
fishbones

Gay = happy.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 01-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #45
FishermanTim

Was the choice of the representatives made soley by the big "O"?
Or was there a panel who made the selections?

If they were chosen soley because of their profession in relation to the Olympics, then there should be no question whatsoever.
If, however, they were chosen primarily on their lifestyle choices, then there is an issue. Not an issue that would completely destroy our American way of life, but destroy our faith in our leader(s) and question their intelligence and integrity.

Hey, it could just be another form of "affirmative action", right???

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #46
scottw

I guess if you are Putin, and some radical islamists loosely connected to Al Qaeda..or not....start a supposed protest that there may or may not be any evidence of because there are claims somewhere that they say they are offended by gay athletes sent by the great and powerful O to represent the great satan which then escalates to a possibly organized or probably unorganized attack resulting in the unfortunate death some attendees, athletes etc......Putin can blame Barry for giving the finger by sending the athletes which started the possible protests which caused the loosely organized attacks which resulted in the deaths/injuries and when asked why he did not prevent this type of thing or heed the signs despite countless incidents/warnings leading up to it he can scream..."what difference does it make?????"

It's worked before

Last edited by scottw; 01-18-2014 at 04:56 AM..
Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #47
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Gay = happy.
It was when I was a kid

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #48
spence

Between the lack of snow and the potential for terrorism this could be a very interesting Olympics. Lets hope the Russian police state can at least eliminate the later.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #49
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
It was when I was a kid

wasn't it also part of the fred flintstone theme song
about having a gay old time....